AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 24 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 26.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 9.72%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-30, 20:09   Link #101
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

This was pretty much an enjoyable episode... Yui's childhood is very funny and the funny theme that she kind of act the same way as she does several years later... Also, Rtisu thought Mio alot... or maybe not...

It gave nostalgia in my senior year of high school when I deciding what school I went to... since I haven't applied to any because I didn't take those tests... but yeah...

Rating: 8.75/10
Old 2010-05-30, 22:29   Link #102
OkamiNoKaze

I like the idea of combining Yui's two ideas, and being a Music Teacher.
Old 2010-05-30, 23:33   Link #103
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

This episode made me think, Yui is the perfect archetype of a shojo manga protagonist, stuck in a moe comedy. Which isn't unexpected since the director of K-ON is female anyway.
Old 2010-05-31, 03:13   Link #104
Pachael
原作通り

A comment was made a long time ago that Yui has many of Nodame's qualities for good or bad. It wasn't a bad comparison as first thought.
Old 2010-05-31, 06:43   Link #105
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Are you talking about the perverted flabby-fox Chizuru from Kanokon or the perverted lolicon-big-sis Chizuru from Seitokai No Ichizon ?

Anyways, am I the only one who found this episode, cute as usual notwithstanding, a little disquietening?

The girls are already 18, and from midpoint this episode on, the ponderous reality that Yui could very well become a failure for the rest of her life in a few month's time finally hits you. Ui-chan planning to give up her own future to look out for Yui just rubs the point further in.

And what the HELL was Sawa-chan sensei thinking? Unlike herself, Yui is a musical prodigy, and just because she is an old-maid who had her girlhood dreams go up in flames dosent' bloody mean she has the right to do the same to Yui!!
The latter.

Odd...I found it hilarious but not cute.
Old 2010-06-01, 22:04   Link #106
Dark Wing

BTW was I the only one who caught Ui's statment about not wanting to leave her sister?
Old 2010-06-01, 23:20   Link #107
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

@Dark Wing: No you weren't.

This was an enjoyable yet also somewhat sad episode, especially at the end. I think I was watching the version that got the subs wrong, because I didn't see the part about Yui filling in the wrong blank either (and I was somewhat led to believe that Sawako shot them down because her musical aspirations didn't work out). But then, I think they only showed the closeup of the form briefly, so more than a few Japanese fans probably missed it as well.

Also, I could certainly see Yui as a kindergarten teacher (perhaps as her second career choice), and certainly as a music teacher (though do you think she'd have the patience to get into the classics?)

And yes, Mugi does seem rather lonely, and certainly wants to be closer to the plebs (hence why she was so eager to work at McDonald's). I wonder if she chose Sakura High School because it wasn't as exclusive (she takes the train to school while the others seem to walk, so she must live a ways off).

And lastly, who else thinks Minako Kotobuki (Mugi's seiyuu) has quite a lovely voice? Especially in a capella. And Yui's a capella doesn't sound half-bad either.
Closed Thread