Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-27, 11:19   Link #15201
GundamFan0083

Wow, Obama really IS Reagan!

ATF Manager says he shared Fast and Furious Info with White House

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_16...-10391695.html

Suddenly he and Eric Holder "knew nothing" about Operation Fast and Furious.
Why don't I believe them?
Old 2011-07-27, 11:29   Link #15202
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Wow, Obama really IS Reagan!

ATF Manager says he shared Fast and Furious Info with White House

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_16...-10391695.html

Suddenly he and Eric Holder "knew nothing" about Operation Fast and Furious.
Of course, "I shared info" with the White House... heh, have you ever been presented with "puff presentations" from a subordinate manager? One who might use "efficient re-use of resources were achieved" to describe cooking and eating workers once their task was done?

Right now, I'm betting the ATF is scrambing to cover their asses in all sorts of ways just like they have in many previous adminstrations when they committed their special brand of incompetent clusterfuck. I don't know which agency I have more disrespect for... the BATFe or ICE. The TSA are just clowns in comparison.
Old 2011-07-27, 11:39   Link #15203
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Of course, "I shared info" with the White House... heh, have you ever been presented with "puff presentations" from a subordinate manager? One who might use "efficient re-use of resources were achieved" to describe cooking and eating workers once their task was done?

Right now, I'm betting the ATF is scrambing to cover their asses in all sorts of ways just like they have in many previous adminstrations when they committed their special brand of incompetent clusterfuck. I don't know which agency I have more disrespect for... the BATFe or ICE. The TSA are just clowns in comparison.

Someone really need to explain why the US have so many different law enforcement agencies in the Federal level. i can see the reasoning of putting the Air Marshals with the TSA but why not put all the rest under one agency?
Old 2011-07-27, 12:44   Link #15204
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Because you are picking what to believe based on your political opinions rather than how trustworthy the report is.

Not to say I don't do it too.
Old 2011-07-27, 15:15   Link #15205
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Oops. I've read wrong. Too many "In" words and I just added it to fertility due to fast reading .
Anyway subsidies, priority housing for families, maternity leave etc doesn't help that much. Let's pick an example in Africa in a poor country. Couples have a lot of kids. What are their main concerns? Feed the kids. Do they worry about school, what do they wear, what disease will they have, etc? The countries with higher living standard couples get all these worries and they won't be able to handle them.
You say it like it's a bad thing, but countries with high living standards would like to stay countries with high living standards.
Old 2011-07-27, 15:52   Link #15206
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Oops. I've read wrong. Too many "In" words and I just added it to fertility due to fast reading .
Anyway subsidies, priority housing for families, maternity leave etc doesn't help that much. Let's pick an example in Africa in a poor country. Couples have a lot of kids. What are their main concerns? Feed the kids. Do they worry about school, what do they wear, what disease will they have, etc? The countries with higher living standard couples get all these worries and they won't be able to handle them.
That's precisely why people in developing countries have lots of children. They can't be sure how many of them will survive to working age with conflict, disease, and famine, or how many of those children will survive to take care of their parents if the parents manage to live to old age. In any place with poor people, greater social services means parents/people won't have to rely on many children (or any children at all) or even their extended family if they are infirm or bedridden. It's a buffer that lets people have a number of children they are comfortable having.
Old 2011-07-27, 16:44   Link #15207
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Look what's happening in Japan at Fukushima :

Really wow , i knew that their government were crappy but didn't know that they were so bad...
Old 2011-07-27, 18:02   Link #15208
flying ^

cod... these loony atheist extremists d-bags who just want to poop on other people's parties just need to STFU!

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-07-26/u...cross?_s=PM:US
Old 2011-07-27, 18:39   Link #15209
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Really, this is a battle that isn't worth fighting. Those atheist groups would be better off spending their efforts and money to prevent creationism from being taught in science classrooms in Texas and Louisiana...
Old 2011-07-27, 18:50   Link #15210
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sounds like they are making it out to me more than it is...typical. Reading into things...projecting perhaps. Either to make a name for themselves, or because their axe has become too big to grind.
Old 2011-07-27, 19:05   Link #15211
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Should save the legal fees to fight all the crap some "Christians" are trying to force into schools.
Old 2011-07-27, 20:10   Link #15212
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
cod... these loony atheist extremists d-bags who just want to poop on other people's parties just need to STFU!

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-07-26/u...cross?_s=PM:US
Well... the oddity is that people of many faiths were killed there... why was a cross chosen in the first place and by who? Jews, Muslims, Buddhists... and yes, agnostics and atheists died there that day as well. The article lacks context (not unusual for CNN any more).
Old 2011-07-27, 20:19   Link #15213
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wasn't it just in that shape to begin with anyway? Besides, how often do you find building members in any shape that can represent anything aside from a cross? straight lines and 90 degree angles and all that nonsense.
Old 2011-07-27, 20:32   Link #15214
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Wasn't it just in that shape to begin with anyway? Besides, how often do you find building members in any shape that can represent anything aside from a cross? straight lines and 90 degree angles and all that nonsense.
Well, like I said the article lacks context and ends up just being a soundbite flame point. No pictures, was it *intended to be a Christian cross, who made the architectural decisions, etc. I haven't bothered to do the research to create context so basically I file it under "stupid headline designed to fan flames and increase page views" until I find out more.
Old 2011-07-27, 20:37   Link #15215
GundamFan0083

Quote:

OH HELL YES they are!!
They've been caught with their hands in the proverbial "cookie jar" and are so screwed it's not funny.
That's why I wrote both my senators and my house reps about abolishing the BATFE over this or at the very least taking the "F" out of BATFE.
They're Batty anyway so BATE might be a more appropriate acronymn for them.
This organization is notorious for giving whatever group is in the white house grief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Because you are picking what to believe based on your political opinions rather than how trustworthy the report is.

Not to say I don't do it too.
Nah, I'm just a cynical old fart.
I didn't believe Reagan about "I don't remember," nor Clinton "I did not have sex with that woman," nor Bushy Bush Jr. "Mission accomplished," which is why I don't believe Bam-Bam.
After all Obama is the same President who claimed he never heard any of Rev. Wright's rhetoric in all the 20 years he attended his church.
With ears like Obama's I find that hard to believe.

Republicrats and Democons are all the same swill of powerhungry types.
I don't trust any of them when they say "this agency under our adminstration did what???"

They all get selective amnesia when the poop starts hitting the fan all around them.

Bill Cosby's description of children should be applied to politicians:

I swear, everytime a politician is in trouble that's their favorite saying.
"...I wish I could answer that question, but...I don't know"
Like this little gem from 2006 when Bushy was in trouble over Blackwater et al.

Quote:
Well... the oddity is that people of many faiths were killed there... why was a cross chosen in the first place? Jews, Muslims, Buddhists... and yes, agnostics and atheists died there that day as well.
I'd say that's odd considering how many Israelis were in the twin towers when they were hit.

Would it not be more appropriate to perhaps put a placard of something like our Constitution or the Declaration of Independence in stone there in defiance of Jihad rather than a cross?

Was the World Trade Center ever a church?
Old 2011-07-27, 20:43   Link #15216
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

http://www.flickr.com/photos/christinyca/4934856140/

This appears to be the cross in question.

It looked supposedly like this in late 2001. Or it was one of many such beam sections found in the rubble.

Old 2011-07-27, 20:51   Link #15217
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

It looked supposedly like this in late 2001. Or it was one of many such beam sections found in the rubble.

Interesting... I could see it being *part* of some sort of memorial that emphasized the terrorists didn't care who they killed that day, but by itself it is in danger of being "Elvis appeared on my toast"-ified. But yeah, that's why the CNN story link and the post commentary with it was pretty much a "fail" ... no context. (see my sig for another example of 'no context' )
Old 2011-07-27, 20:55   Link #15218
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Someone really need to explain why the US have so many different law enforcement agencies in the Federal level. i can see the reasoning of putting the Air Marshals with the TSA but why not put all the rest under one agency?
I believe Vexx has the answer - his research for satellite-based Weapons of Moe Destruction is one of the subprojects of the Illuminati New World Order, run right out of Area 51. Test subjects used to be restricted to Japan only in the 1970s and 1980s, but now the Satellite Moe Indoctrinator is being used worldwide and channeled through this forum on us. The different agencies are there to suppress anyone who is immune.

Joking. My guess is that they are following Sun Tzu's "Divide and Conquer", but apparently the more you divide, the less control you have, and the more stupid things look as an overall.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-07-27, 20:57   Link #15219
GundamFan0083

Quote:

In context the "cross" actually makes perfect sense.
Considering it was a part of the Twin Towers structure.
Yeah, I for one don't care that it is cross-shaped, it's part of the I-beam construction and thus very appropriate.
Old 2011-07-27, 21:10   Link #15220
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
but by itself it is in danger of being "Elvis appeared on my toast"-ified.
This is what I was thinking as well when I saw that picture. It's entirely too random, just like Elvis appearing on toast.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international