AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-01-09, 04:47   Link #881
aw454wtr

Wonder if Ise's left arm still stays as dragon's arm,technically he gave Ddraig his arm from his previous body that he has discarded,does that payment still apply to his new current body?
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 04:52   Link #882
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
I'm curious can someone wield both natural sg and artificial sg at the same time and combine their balance breaker.... I hope it's ok to ask. T_T

a fusion of between balance breaker and counter balance... ^^?

Last edited by kusabireika; 2017-01-09 at 05:03.
kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 06:37   Link #883
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin View Post
It isn't limitless, period
As I said, there are different sizes of infinity. Trihexa's one is just greater than Ophis'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin View Post
Should I have said 'infinite'?

Why would he have complete Ophis level power when he's borrowing that power from incomplete Ophis?
Ddraig said when Ise first used DxD mode against Rizevim that the Sekiryuutei's power is infinite (he said it when Rizevim was wondering why his Sacred Gear Canceler didn't work on Ise's Infinity Blaster. Ddraig said that it did work, but that "over here, the Sekiryuutei's power is infinite", so the Sacred Gear Canceler couldn't completely cancel it (understand this: even "true infinity" isn't really infinite; it's a mathematical concept and no set of numbers is really infinite. It's just a really big number that's too big to represent exactly. That and IRL, whatever place the count of seconds will have reached when the world ends on Judgment Day will be the "limit" of infinity, meaning that it does in fact have a limit and isn't truly infinite. Which, in turn, should tell us that infinity itself is a hyperbole)). It's possible that Ophis' power inside Ise was enhanced with the Sekiryuutei's trait. And recall that all of the gems in the armor had the symbol of infinity on them, signifying Ophis' trait of infinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
@ Hakaishin: Because Ophis has a similar limit due to her body, only much higher? And the change was misinterpreted/misworded/should actually be different from what the author came up with, where instead of getting an actual decrease in power, Ophis actually just had her body degraded and a replication of her body made in another, equally "degraded" body?

That works, right?
I think it does, yes.

@Kusa: I'm not sure if it's possible to combine a true Sacred Gear and an Artificial one into one in the same person, but we do have someone who has two Sacred Gears (Kiba).
Old 2017-01-15, 20:30   Link #884
S.Freedom

Ok a question popped into my head concerning Rias and Raval.

1) As a member of the Phenex clan, Raval has used their magic/demonic circle when casting magic. But now that she's a member of Ise's peerage and techniquely a member of Gremory now if I'm understanding things right.

Would she now use the Gremory clans circle for casting magic or continue using the Phenex circle?

2) For Rias it's the reverse. If she had married Riser would she switch to using the Phenex clans magic circle or retain her Gremory circle and magic.

Last edited by S.Freedom; 2017-01-16 at 10:12.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 21:23   Link #885
Tbolt

Ravel is not in anyway connected to Rias's peerage, the only one connected to Rias's peerage is Ise.
Old 2017-01-15, 21:30   Link #886
anifreik

^I don't think that this has been addressed, exactly, in the novels, but I think that even after she joined Rias' peerage that Rose still used Nordic magic circles to cast her spells. So I think that Ravel and Rias would both still use the original circles from their birth clans, even if technically they are now part of another clan, because that's where their power originates from.
Old 2017-01-15, 21:35   Link #887
S.Freedom

@Tbolt I didn't say she was. I said she was apart of Ise's peerage.

And Ise is a member/representative of the Gremory clan because of his pending marriage to Raise. As such any member of Issie's peerage is connected to the Gremory clan threw Issie and no body else.

Or are you implying Ise in his own right isn't a member of the Gremory clan?

Thanks anifreik that's kinda what I thought. Just thought I'd ask considering the amount of pride most clans place on there own magic. I could see how a new member might be pressured to learn said magic over there old stuff.
Old 2017-01-15, 21:49   Link #888
Tbolt

When Ise became a "King" his peerage are only connected officially to him, The girls were traded to Ise by Rias and by doing so they are no longer connected (officially) to the Gremory clan.

Ise still is because he is still Rias's pawn, but their still a family just in other peerages.
Old 2017-01-16, 04:46   Link #889
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifreik View Post
^I don't think that this has been addressed, exactly, in the novels, but I think that even after she joined Rias' peerage that Rose still used Nordic magic circles to cast her spells. So I think that Ravel and Rias would both still use the original circles from their birth clans, even if technically they are now part of another clan, because that's where their power originates from.
I would think rose can use gremory magic cirlce to cast demonic powers in addition to their circles from birth

The thing about ravel she is Ise's bishop,would she be able to use an Ise unique circle (or gremory circle) in addition to her phenex circle?
Old 2017-01-16, 10:11   Link #890
S.Freedom

I suppose that would depend on how much of the Gremories magic Raval was willing to learn. As I don't see Ise as the type to force Raval to learn Gremory magic. It would be totally up to her how much if at all she learned. Though I can see her learning some basic stuff because of her feelings for Ise.

And I realize I'm focusing on Gremory magic instead of Ise unique magic. Mostly because once he's married to Rais he's going to be Ise Gremory instead of Ise Hydou. Anything and everything he does is a reflection on the Gremory clan as both her pawn and fiance.

If anything he likely has a stylized Gremory circle instead of a completely unique/different one.

But that's just my understanding of how Ise is seen as a Gremory. *shrugs*
Old 2017-01-21, 16:33   Link #891
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ise doesn't use magic to attack. Devil or human. But his Magic Circle, the one he uses when teleporting or communicating magically, is the Gremory family's.

But yeah, Rose still has her Nordic spells and when she uses them, the Norse symbol appears on the Magic Circles. So it's not like the Magic Circles change. And I'm not sure if a Devil who isn't from the Gremory family could learn Gremory magic. It seems impossible to me. Even if Rias married Riser, she'd still be a Gremory, so it should be impossible for her to use Phenex magic. Or at least, that's what I think.

So yeah, even now that Ravel is part of Ise's peerage, she won't be able to use Gremory magic just because Ise is Rias' Pawn. And Ise's peerage doesn't have a special magic that his servants have to learn, either.
Old 2017-01-21, 22:10   Link #892
S.Freedom

That's kinda like saying it's impossible for someone not of the Sitri clan to learn/use water/ice magic.

It just means that Sitri specializes in water magic. Not that someone couldn't learn it at all. They just wouldn't have the same skill/power in it as Sona/Serafall do.

And as I understand it, the Gremory don't specialize in a specific type of magic like Sitri or Phenex. They just have alot of demonic power available to them.
Old 2017-01-22, 01:50   Link #893
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

Well I guess we can be sure of the above points if we knew Lady Gremory's magic symbol considering she wasn't Zeoticus' peerage. Grayfia uses Gremory sign but she is part of Sirzechs' peerage. I think the magic symbol is just a visual representation and can be distributed to other devils as a mark of being associated with that clan just like Rias placed her mark on Ise. It maybe similar to how country's flags are in human world.
At least among devils, the clan symbols are like theme packs. The Nordic ones maybe completely different though.
I have no idea about individual magic spells changing across clans. That would be too complicated.

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
-Kurt Cobain

katokateki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-24, 10:55   Link #894
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Freedom: It's not like I'm saying that the Gremory have a specific magic or that no one aside from the Sitri can use water/ice-based magic. That's not the same as saying that only those of the Sitri House can use the Sitri House's specific magic, since water/ice-based not from the Sitri House wouldn't count towards that and those who can't use the Sitri House's one would still be able to use the non-Sitri kind. I hope I didn't make it too hard to understand.

And people who are part of the Gremory House or Peerage have the Gremory House's symbol appear on the Magic Circle they use. I'm not sure if Ravel, now that she's part of Ise's peerage and will be marrying him as well (Lady Phenex gave them her express permission and gave Ravel to Ise), will have the same symbol as the Gremory House appear on her Magic Circle for attack purposes, as I think that it being the Phenex House's symbol is more likely, but I'm sure that if she uses the Transportation- or Communication-type Magic Circle, the symbol on it would be that of the Gremory House (though I could be wrong).

When Ise uses Dress Break or Pailingual, the symbol of the Gremory House appears on the Magic Circle that comes up. But Ise isn't from any other clan and is also part of Rias' peerage. So he's part of the Gremory Peerage and will be marrying her meaning he'll join the Gremory House. His peerage will be part of the Gremory Peerage as well, then, probably. But they'll first be "Ise's peerage", or in other words the Sekiryuutei's peerage. The ones who are Reincarnated Devils will get the Gremory symbol appear on their Magic Circle whenever they use Demonic Power for anything, including transportation and communication, but those who are naturally-born Devils or those like Rose who already have a specific type of magic they can use, would get the Gremory symbol only for the transportation and communication while they'll have their own symbol (Nordic in Rose's case) when they use magic. But it depends on what magic they use; Rose gets the Nordic symbol because she uses Nordic magic, but if she learned Demonic magic, and if she were to use that, she'd have the clan symbol of the House whose magic she's using appear on it. Gremory don't have a specific magic, but Rose would still get their symbol appear when she uses Demonic Power to use Demonic magic instead of using Nordic magic.

Anyway, I'm only talking about what I know. We don't know everything about this yet, in case there's something I'm forgetting.
Old 2017-02-05, 07:35   Link #895
bluestahli1

Are the arcangels biologically immortal? it seems that they've been through several devil generations while still having their top brass.

and is the current Beelzebub clan extinct? not including Ajuka.
bluestahli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-06, 06:19   Link #896
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ajuka isn't originally from the Beelzebub clan, remember? He's from the Astaroth clan (same as Diodora). I'm not sure if the original Beezebub's clan is extinct, but if Shalba was the last member remaining, then yeah, it's extinct.
Old 2017-02-08, 18:24   Link #897
bluestahli1

Well I did say 'not including' so yeah, also are the seraphs biologically immortal?
Old 2017-02-10, 03:22   Link #898
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestahli1 View Post
Well I did say 'not including' so yeah, also are the seraphs biologically immortal?
somehow I do not think so, the would have lifespans just very long life spans afterall even the average devil lives for 10,000 years
Old 2017-02-10, 08:56   Link #899
bluestahli1

but didn't the seraphs survived the first generations of demons until the previous one?
Old 2017-02-10, 12:22   Link #900
B214

So did Azazel, Baraqiel. Besides judging from the situation with Odin. The Seraphs are probably still young.
B214 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dxd