AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-02, 12:57   Link #1181
Tormenk

Point taken, though I would say the possibility remains, if only for how Vivio came to be.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2009-04-02, 13:11   Link #1182
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Problem is that Vivio was a recent product, and only fell into Jail's hands after the Numbers had been created.
Old 2009-04-02, 21:23   Link #1183
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
What are the darker aspects of Nanoha's personality?
Old 2009-04-02, 22:04   Link #1184
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Apart of her usual way to make friends, I cannot notice any kind of "dark aspect"Žor negative emotion on the character, in my opinion, this is bad, it makes the character a bit unreal.

I think that's the reason for why Fate is more popular
Old 2009-04-02, 23:46   Link #1185
Sassy_Bread
I'm umami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Well, other than beating up people to make friends with them (which only works to some extent) and the almost over-hyped White Devil stuff, that's basically about it. It's almost unhuman, and yet she's pretty much loved.
Old 2009-04-03, 01:33   Link #1186
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
I think that's the reason for why Fate is more popular
I'm sorry... Fate has darker aspects in her personality? Darker aspects in her background story, sure, but personality?
Old 2009-04-03, 02:09   Link #1187
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm sorry... Fate has darker aspects in her personality? Darker aspects in her background story, sure, but personality?
I just said that Fate was more popular than Nanoha because of the so "perfect" that Nanoha is in terms of personality and that Fate in personality is more human, not that Fate had darker aspects in her personality
Old 2009-04-03, 02:13   Link #1188
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And that's what's confusing me, as Fate is every bit as perfect as Nanoha.
Old 2009-04-03, 02:41   Link #1189
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hmm, this sounds like an interesting topic for a discussion... mind if we take it to the Favorite Characters thread? That way we won't derail the Q&A.
Old 2009-04-03, 02:45   Link #1190
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Hmm, this sounds like an interesting topic for a discussion... mind if we take it to the Favorite Characters thread? That way we won't derail the Q&A.
Be my guess "moving"
Old 2009-04-05, 04:07   Link #1191
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

In terms of voice acting, which is better in quality? Sub, or dub? I plan on watching the show, but don't know which version to watch.
Old 2009-04-05, 17:00   Link #1192
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
In terms of voice acting, which is better in quality? Sub, or dub? I plan on watching the show, but don't know which version to watch.
Well, obviously you'll hear the original voices on the sub (Nana Misuki is a good reason to whatch the sub) as for the dub, I can't tell you because from all the seasons of Nanoha I only watched 1 episode dub in english (season 1, episode 2) and my ears were not very pleaced.
Old 2009-04-05, 17:03   Link #1193
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Well, her relationship with her mother wasn't very healthy... Could she be some kind of submissive masochist?
Old 2009-04-07, 19:50   Link #1194
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

I've been reading posts in the Favorite-Character Discussion thread (and others) and a question popped into mind:

Where was it mentioned that Nanoha was left alone while her father recovers in the hospital? Is this canon?
Old 2009-04-07, 20:33   Link #1195
Lute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
I've been reading posts in the Favorite-Character Discussion thread (and others) and a question popped into mind:

Where was it mentioned that Nanoha was left alone while her father recovers in the hospital? Is this canon?
I don't think her father ever stayed in a hospital.
Old 2009-04-07, 20:42   Link #1196
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
I don't think her father ever stayed in a hospital

Are you saying it was true that Nanoha was left alone while her father recovered?
Old 2009-04-07, 21:54   Link #1197
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
It's very vague moment that can be interpreted in different ways. IMHO it's not true that she was left along, just they didn't have enough time for her and she herself tried to be as invisible as possible to not create additional problems.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2009-04-08, 00:09   Link #1198
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post

It was in the first season. The exact episode slip me mind. Her mother and brother needed to take care of the shop, while her sister took care of their father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
I don't think her father ever stayed in a hospital.
Yes, he did.

And I agree with al103. It's not like they abandon her, they already have a hard time to on the shock and get the life back running
Old 2009-04-08, 00:35   Link #1199
Once and Current Subber

It's useful to appreciate that as an unusual element in Japanese upbringing, which normally concentrates on a very close connection between mother and child (the whole "amai" thing). Not only did Nanoha have working parents, but because of the situation, she had a lot more "alone" time than normal - and it made her strong and self-reliant. Of course, it helps that we're talking a pretty moderate dose here, as it's clear that by S1 Nanoha's family life is ideal, if not idyllic. A less caring family might have produced a very different, and much less well-adjusted, Nanoha.

Nanoha's dad did indeed spend some time in the hospital. It's part of the fork from Triangle Hearts, where he didn't survive.
Old 2009-04-08, 00:52   Link #1200
9taileddemon

I agree with al103 as well.

It wasn't like they were purposefully trying to leave her alone but due to the circumstances with their father injured, brother and mother attempting to keep the shop from falling apart, and the sister having to take care of the dad, she was left alone a lot.

Probably this bred a bit of her stuborness because she probably thought a lot of times, "if only I was older and stronger I could help out my family instead of just adding to the troubles." And so to lesser the trouble she herself caused she tried to blend into the background as much as possible. And trying to be invisible gives you a lot of time to think by yourself and makes you pretty damn lonely.
Closed Thread