AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-10, 08:47   Link #241
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
So it's true that Soraka sucks until her remake?
Well....a healer that can't heal is a big problem, no?
It's not that she's suck (or it is?), it's just that there is champion that can do her role much more better, like Sona, or Taric.
Old 2010-12-10, 09:14   Link #242
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I noticed that. Sona's got a healing aura, while Taric can heal himself and an ally; the latter even has the benefits of being a tank. Used Taric on a handful of fights, but he just seems too dependent on the skill of his allies as a support hero.

Also, I just tried Janna (purchased it just now) and I find her Q somewhat hard to aim at first. Luckily, it can be triggered instantly, just what the guides say. The game with bots didn't really say anything about my current skill with Janna, so I might get some runes for her tomorrow.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 09:32   Link #243
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Soraka is good before but she kinda sucks now (50% mana recharge to target and self). And with the release of Sona, she's been ignored.

So if you're going support. Janna, Sona and to some extent Taric.
Old 2010-12-10, 09:33   Link #244
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Ashe is the best one right now. Try to master her.

Also, replace Soraka with Janna, she is better, and she's 1350 IP.
Annie has her uses too. I find her better to use than Ashe for the most part since everyone in normal queue likes using ranged DPS and she fits my playstyle better.

I'm not better than Duo Maxwell, but in my opinion, it really depends on what your team is using. Ashe, for the most part, will be better than Annie, but it depends on your playstyle. I never play carries and usually play in games where we already have a ranged carry, so Annie is a better choice than Ashe. I also like to harass early game instead of farm, so Annie is a better choice in that regard too [although Ashe isn't bad with her Enchanted Arrow, Volley, and Frost Arrows].
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 10:09   Link #245
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Annie has her uses too. I find her better to use than Ashe for the most part since everyone in normal queue likes using ranged DPS and she fits my playstyle better.

I'm not better than Duo Maxwell, but in my opinion, it really depends on what your team is using. Ashe, for the most part, will be better than Annie, but it depends on your playstyle. I never play carries and usually play in games where we already have a ranged carry, so Annie is a better choice than Ashe. I also like to harass early game instead of farm, so Annie is a better choice in that regard too [although Ashe isn't bad with her Enchanted Arrow, Volley, and Frost Arrows].
Actually, I said Ashe is the best as in "best DPS" currently. Annie is also highly viable in competitive so it's not like I ditched her or anything.
Btw, Annie has mana problem if she keeps harassing early game, though.

Also, if you like caster, Malzahar is also really fun to play.
Old 2010-12-10, 12:02   Link #246
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Early game harassing? Most powerful lane dominators I can think of are Urgot (3x missiles with insane lock-on range make almost everyone run to save their butts, and 120 mana is cheap for three shots, it's the acid you gotta master), Blitzcrank (everyone's afraid of a grab-punch one-two), Twitch (because stealth and chances of severe poisoning make people anxious), Shaco (also stealth but this time with jungle buff, 100% crit and CC) and Zilean (time bomb has a huge range and is applied fast. Twice the bomb, twice the havoc, although this one can get mana problems from excessive spammage). I see Ashe as a mid-tier player; she can be deadly late-game, but her early and mid game can be screwed up to the point of no return if she's up against a capable player (be it tank, burst caster or AD disabler). Malzahar is indeed quite fun to play, but he's a tad bit expensive to buy...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 12:06   Link #247
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Early game harassing? Most powerful lane dominators I can think of are Urgot (3x missiles with insane lock-on range make almost everyone run to save their butts, and 120 mana is cheap for three shots, it's the acid you gotta master), Blitzcrank (everyone's afraid of a grab-punch one-two), Twitch (because stealth and chances of severe poisoning make people anxious), Shaco (also stealth but this time with jungle buff, 100% crit and CC) and Zilean (time bomb has a huge range and is applied fast. Twice the bomb, twice the havoc, although this one can get mana problems from excessive spammage). I see Ashe as a mid-tier player; she can be deadly late-game, but her early and mid game can be screwed up to the point of no return if she's up against a capable player (be it tank, burst caster or AD disabler). Malzahar is indeed quite fun to play, but he's a tad bit expensive to buy...
You know....3 out of the 5 you mentioned in the 6300 IP range.
Early game harassing used to have Sona, but for some reasons she fell out of that category recently.
Let's not forget Malphie.
Old 2010-12-10, 13:19   Link #248
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
You know....3 out of the 5 you mentioned in the 6300 IP range.
Lol, didn't notice xD I have yet to see Malzahar in the weekly rotation though, hope they put him in soon...
Old 2010-12-10, 13:49   Link #249
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So , after playing Drakensang , i started to play this one , i did my first winning streaks to 8 victory with my bro , well , he almost did all the work , lv30 and every game like 18-5 stats.
With me on lv 3-6 , we encountered people lv 8-30. My best game so far is with Malphite & Urgot. I suxx with Kennen.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 14:27   Link #250
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Ok I saw The rain man' s lolbase profil and it looks like he plays Teemo good. I need to see a video of this Teemo. Cause when i play with/against him, it's always a fail :/.

BTW I hate Malphite when I play Ashe. Well flash is a must have against him IMO.

About the best carry, i think kog is a good one.

Annie is cool with her stun.
Old 2010-12-10, 22:42   Link #251
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
About the best carry, i think kog is a good one.
Although I love playing as AP Kog more. Bombing carpet is a fun thing, and if shit gets real, just take a Nashor's tooth.

@-Sho-: Better trying to play some solo match on your own, because if you get carried too much I think when you reach lv 20+, it will be bad for your teammates .
Old 2010-12-10, 22:56   Link #252
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

I build Kog as AP/AS hybrid. AP early and more AS later on.
And he's one of my favorites who I rarely use because of some requirements in a good team comp.
Old 2010-12-10, 23:44   Link #253
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
I build Kog as AP/AS hybrid. AP early and more AS later on.
And he's one of my favorites who I rarely use because of some requirements in a good team comp.
And here I thought I am the only one who play AP Kog. It's really rare to see one these days .
It's true that AP Kog need a team who know what you can and can't do. Once you get involve in the team combat, mostly it will result in your death so AP Kog need a capable tank that can draw the battle faraway from him.

I wish they would release another void champ, so I can have a team of Void. Mass silencing can't be better.
Old 2010-12-11, 04:11   Link #254
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

My last four losses are on an Ashe. Last game is merely the lack of a tank, and facing against a WW, Ashe, Nunu, Kog'maw and Twitch. Two are because of bad synergy. One is a 62-minute match with me as Taric that ends up with us losing.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-12-11, 04:18   Link #255
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
My last four losses are on an Ashe. Last game is merely the lack of a tank, and facing against a WW, Ashe, Nunu, Kog'maw and Twitch. Two are because of bad synergy. One is a 62-minute match with me as Taric that ends up with us losing.
I don't think tank is the must for every game, though. If your team lack tank, then it's better not to engage head on with the enemy, and if the enemy has initiator, then you better be warding every corner, and try to ambush them as much as possible.

Are you playing on NA server? You can add me if you are there, my summoner name is DSveno.
Old 2010-12-11, 05:18   Link #256
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think that the only team that can do without a tank is a team with 2+ off-tanks OR a team of assassins/chain casters with advanced teamwork. Any other team is on a disadvantage against tankers, because that Malphite will be the target of many abilities that should have been dumped on WW.
Old 2010-12-11, 07:10   Link #257
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
@-Sho-: Better trying to play some solo match on your own, because if you get carried too much I think when you reach lv 20+, it will be bad for your teammates .
Yes , i did it , 3 win with Malphite & Urgot , 1 lose with Kennen.
Kennen , i just found out how is skill worked , still need improvement to master him cuz imo he's a very good harrass character & if we use his skill very well , he's deadly specially in TF .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 07:14   Link #258
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I don't think tank is the must for every game, though. If your team lack tank, then it's better not to engage head on with the enemy, and if the enemy has initiator, then you better be warding every corner, and try to ambush them as much as possible.

Are you playing on NA server? You can add me if you are there, my summoner name is DSveno.
I'm on NA.
Kog'maw is a pain in the arse with it's ability to snipe us from the patch of forest south of the top turret (we're the purple team) and Twitch is always there to ruin things with its stealth.

Anyway, I thought that we had the disadvantage even from champion selection.
No one wanted to play the tank, so we paid the price.

Old 2010-12-11, 07:26   Link #259
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'm on NA.
Kog'maw is a pain in the arse with it's ability to snipe us from the patch of forest south of the top turret (we're the purple team) and Twitch is always there to ruin things with its stealth.

Anyway, I thought that we had the disadvantage even from champion selection.
No one wanted to play the tank, so we paid the price.
What's your summoner name? Let me add you.
Old 2010-12-11, 07:33   Link #260
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Don't hesitate to buy ward/oracle when you see a twitch, or else you will pay a much bigger price than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I think that the only team that can do without a tank is a team with 2+ off-tanks OR a team of assassins/chain casters with advanced teamwork. Any other team is on a disadvantage against tankers, because that Malphite will be the target of many abilities that should have been dumped on WW.
Obviously if there is no tank on your team, better teamwork and coordination are required.

Got 1 game without tank, and luckily the enemy tank was Malphie. Before the game started, I told them we have to always spread out, and anyone gets hit by Malphie will be abandon, while the rest jump to their carry/support. I was Malzahar in that game, so whenever Malphie initiated, you can bet their Ez is on my aim already . The team fight mostly ended with at least 2 of us alive, while the only one left was their Malphie.

Next champ I will buy, maybe Kassadin, then Cho'gath. I just love screwing up people with my silence .

Tags
league of legends, lol