AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 24 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 26.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 9.72%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-27, 00:51   Link #61
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

A "kawaii desu ne" episode. Period. 10/10
Old 2010-05-27, 00:51   Link #62
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Yeah I'm with GMT as well, I'd rather get some backstory on Mugi / Mio / Ritsu instead of further proof that Yui has always had autism, down syndrome, something bloody close to it.
Add another rofl glad-i-wasnt-drinking award. And agree... I think we've used the whole box of nails establishing Yui at this point. Time for Mugi or Azusa, etc.
Old 2010-05-27, 01:44   Link #63
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Are we sure Mugi isn't a Data Interface (alien)?
Old 2010-05-27, 01:45   Link #64
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This episode really proves that Yui goes at her own pace. If my ears do not lie to me, most of the episode's BGM is the turtle song Yui sang on the very first part.

I never realized how deep a meaning could be sharing a space with an episode so shallow.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-27, 02:34   Link #65
Sparvid
*hic*

Another thing I liked was the little detail of grade school Yui's tiny twin tails.
It's quite unlikely that people would have the more or less exact same hairstyle for ten years, especially if that time period includes teenage girls
Old 2010-05-27, 02:40   Link #66
GreatTeacherKen

Has there been a chapter in the manga that focused on Mugi? I don't recall any; she seems to be shafted development wise (even though I find her the most charming) compared to the other girls. But I suppose they could write an anime-original episode about her.
Old 2010-05-27, 03:10   Link #67
ReddyRedWolf

I'm amazed nobody put Bride or House Wife in those forms.

Course unlike Sawa-chan these girls haven't been exposed or pursued by boys. (Yes I know Sawa-chan is the pursuer)

Though I'm afraid for the guy who would try to take Ui's Oneechan.
Old 2010-05-27, 03:47   Link #68
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Has there been a chapter in the manga that focused on Mugi? I don't recall any; she seems to be shafted development wise (even though I find her the most charming) compared to the other girls. But I suppose they could write an anime-original episode about her.
yeah... the only girl that has nothing focused on is Mugi...... every girl already had their episode except mugi...... which is sad.....

That is why Im really waiting for the Honey sweet Tea Time
Old 2010-05-27, 05:04   Link #69
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

...mio senpai...
Old 2010-05-27, 05:20   Link #70
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I found out why Yui's career choice was rejected. She made a mistake while filling in her form, writing down her career choice under her choice of university:

Spoiler for screenshot:

Left column reads 学校名: "School Name"

Middle column reads 学部名: "School Department"

Right Column reads: 学科・コース: "Course of Study"

So, CoalGuys' lack of typesetting is why hardly anyone picked up on this. I hope that Frostii does it right.
Old 2010-05-27, 05:44   Link #71
zette

Ah, that explains it. I found it weird that Sawako rejected 'musician' outright, since it's not that bad of a career choice and considering that Yui is part of the light music club, it actually may be the best route for her to take. Could that also be why Nodoka was laughing when she was looking at the form?

Can't believe I missed that though, I understand the kanji used there since I'm Chinese. Curse me and my tendency to not pay attention to such details.
Old 2010-05-27, 05:50   Link #72
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
Could that also be why Nodoka was laughing when she was looking at the form?
Yes. In fact, in the manga, Nodoka is the one who says what Yui did wrong. KyoAni apparently decided to actually show the form to us, rather than have Nodoka say it.
Old 2010-05-27, 07:50   Link #73
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
I know the perfect thing Yui can do in her future. She should be a Wal-Mart employee that collects carts. She'll have a hell of a fun blast doing that.
Old 2010-05-27, 12:28   Link #74
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Yes. In fact, in the manga, Nodoka is the one who says what Yui did wrong. KyoAni apparently decided to actually show the form to us, rather than have Nodoka say it.
And that's why speed subs are not always a "great thing" .... yeah, this series depends on written material in a number of places so skipping the "signage" ... yeah I just realized that no one might understand Nodoka's laughter.
Old 2010-05-27, 17:13   Link #75
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I can't help but to think that Yui managed to break Nodoka a little bit over that scene, despite the contrary.

I definitely want to see some sort of Yui childhood special, since Ui, Nodoka and Yui would alone make for a hilarious slice of life.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2010-05-27, 22:07   Link #76
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
I can't help but to think that Yui managed to break Nodoka a little bit over that scene, despite the contrary.
"She's laughing . . . that's a really bad sign guys. RUN!"

Quote:
I definitely want to see some sort of Yui childhood special, since Ui, Nodoka and Yui would alone make for a hilarious slice of life.
This episode was as close to a special about how Yui was a "special" child as I care to get. She's one of those kids who probably ate a truly impressive quantity of paste as a child . . . forcing her parents to have Ui, so she'd have someone around to stop her from doing things like that.
Old 2010-05-27, 22:47   Link #77
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
"She's laughing . . . that's a really bad sign guys. RUN!"

This episode was as close to a special about how Yui was a "special" child as I care to get. She's one of those kids who probably ate a truly impressive quantity of paste as a child . . . forcing her parents to have Ui, so she'd have someone around to stop her from doing things like that.
Are you implying that when Yui takes the bus into town, she only is allowed to ride on the short one?
Old 2010-05-28, 09:20   Link #78
ReddyRedWolf

Yui and Ui are only one year apart. But looks wise they are twins. Though as Sawa-chan can guess Ui has the bigger boobs of the two.

Azuza on the other hand you can't help but think she is Mio's younger sister. Sawa-chan has a problem telling them apart without glasses. Again boobs being her basis of differentiation.
Old 2010-05-28, 09:31   Link #79
zette

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
. . . forcing her parents to have Ui, so she'd have someone around to stop her from doing things like that.
I shudder to think how things would be like if Ui had turned out to be like Yui in terms of behavior, instead of the mature little sister that she is now. Oh god, the Hirasawa household would be total chaos.
Old 2010-05-28, 09:35   Link #80
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Mio is still really a little girl under her "pretend adult" veneer - so that bit was brilliant (mommy - mother).

Obviously. I'd spoil the hell out of her if I were her parent too! Young Mio is sooo cute!
Closed Thread