^ very idealistic prediction, but anything is possible
Old 2010-09-09, 20:39   Link #3502
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsunaga_hisahide View Post
Hmmm...it just seems so random.

You know what? Who is to say this is the real Lisanna?
Maybe this is some kind of fake?

Someone might take advantage of that...someone who watched Fairy Tail and the recent events. Maybe he/she was caught by surprise by Lily and transformed into Lisanna seeing "her" chance now?

Really...this just reeks too much of happiness. All that story about Natsu, Elfman, Mira and a lot of the others in Fairy Tail...they all grew on that, even though it was dramatic, sad situation and got stronger. Without that, there´s a huge part of them "missing".

I really think (or hope) this is some kind of setup by an "evil force" to decept our Fairy Tail heroes and get into the guild to catch them off-guard. Lisanna and that moment are just perfect. Really, if someone knows all the details, they could easily use that against them.

Though it sounds kinda dumb that someone knows about Lisanna and all the recent events in the parallel world, but this "she´s alive YAY"-story is even dumber.
We're reading Fairy Tail here, not Ravages of Time and Sun Ce's Magnificent Escapes of Death.

After all the 'investment' placed onto Lisanna's revival, it'll stay, happy and unrealistic as it may be. There might be some power at work which caused it to happen in the first place, but Mashima won't ruin the actual thing. It's not how he works.

I mean, Luxus arc had an overall pretty face-palm worthy execution as well. Despite taking the whole town hostage, ordering his subordinates to go kill Fairy Tail members, and beat Natsu, Gazille to half their death, Mashima tried to sap him a little by making him an extreme tsundere that 'didn't want to have his friends killed deep down in his heart, that's why his Fairy Law failed.'

I mean, we're supposed to empathise with 'that' despite being portrayed like a total jackass for the entire manga? Or even assume that Fairy Tail was okay ( and let him off gracefully ) with his rebellious act?

Edoras arc too. Realistically speaking, the act of depriving magic and 'the defeat of the demon lord' who stole magic would be far from a happy ending, considering that the previous administration pretty much did a purge on all guilds. There's bound to be a lot of animosity, but obviously the series will never go that path.

Really, it's Fairy Tail. Some things, are... well, good, but for most parts, it's Fairy Tail. Cheesy, but fun to read, even if Mashima does stupid things now and then.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 21:54   Link #3503
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ Check ch.103 "Home", since Mira says that the party must still have an S-rank mage to take on an S-rank mission, it applied before as well.
i think that meant that they could take on S-class missions but no matter what an s-class mage is required to take it on. Don't forget that a-class and lower weren't even allowed on the floor those missions were on before then. It's a bit unclear though. even if it was that way though i have doubts that Makarov would allow someone as young as Lisanna to participate.

btw i don't think Edo-Lisanna went to EL. Anima in general is a one way road. for someone from Edoras to go to EL needs to be intentional. Gerard had to actual set the machine in reverse manually to do that. Don't forget that the exceed had to actually get the humans permission to send their eggs to EL. So randomly going from Edo to EL isn't likely possible only the other way.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2010-09-09 at 22:07.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 01:37   Link #3504
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

I recently read a few chapters of the manga(chap 3?) and saw the anime(up to ep 12).

Here is my short rant: I am usually a fan of these shounen type series with super powers battling it out... but something is clearly lacking in this manga/anime. The battles feels like its a just show case of magic power, with no actual fighting nor tactics. Secondly, the characters feels bland, mostly the main female lead. She looks great but lacks substance in everyway: feels like shes there just to be in awe at the other characters. Sure you can argue that I am quick to make a judgement but it feels like this will be the trend for the rest of the series.

I am not sure why this series became so popular but will give it a few more chapters/episodes.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 01:58   Link #3505
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I wouldn't suggest you to read for about 100++ chapter to understand why this manga is so popular, but I think you will get it in few chapters (or not) to understand why this manga is popular. It's quite relative for each person, but I don't think you need to read 100++ chapter to understand it with your preference.

As for Lisanna's magic plot hole..perhaps at the time when Lisanna got in Edoras, there's still some magic that lingered there and perhaps, more than enough for her to use her magic ? She didn't actually used her magic in this arc, so perhaps even she herself didn't know that she can't use her magic..again ?

...I don't know, didn't really read this arc much except for the final part

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 11:37   Link #3506
larethian

IMHO I'm pretty sure the Lisanna revival wasn't planned right from the start, and was thrown in as a sudden thought, or rather a stroke of inspiration.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 11:48   Link #3507
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
IMHO I'm pretty sure the Lisanna revival wasn't planned right from the start, and was thrown in as a sudden thought, or rather a stroke of inspiration.
Editor decision then, they probably saw how poplar she was in a polls and convince mashima to revive.

That still doesn't excuse Mashima form how sloppily this was done.
Old 2010-09-10, 11:51   Link #3508
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Editor decision then, they probably saw how poplar she was in a polls and convince mashima to revive.

That still doesn't excuse Mashima form how sloppily this was done.
i don't think so. If he intended for her to be completely dead from the beginning then i think we would've had a complete flashback to that day 2 years ago to show that she was truly dead. Mashima has been avoiding it from the start showing that he likely had some plans in the future for it.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 11:56   Link #3509
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
i don't think so. If he intended for her to be completely dead from the beginning then i think we would've had a complete flashback to that day 2 years ago to show that she was truly dead. Mashima has been avoiding it from the start showing that he likely had some plans in the future for it.
either way it was sloppy writing.

mashima isn't mark twain but he is capable of better then this. So unless he has more stuff coming out later either he or his editor drop the ball the big time here.
Old 2010-09-10, 16:50   Link #3510
Clarste
Human

I think he had all this planned out but failed on the foreshadowing. The whole Edo arc feels like it was planned a long time ago, but because of its nature it still felt like it came out of nowhere and had very little effect on the plot.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 18:32   Link #3511
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
i pretty much agree with you. and it was pretty vague on how she was sucked into anima on chp 199 page 8. did anima take her body to edoras or...? i just see a gust of wind place next to her body "sucking" her in. if that was the case, you'd think her siblings would question where her body went. so in my conclusion and yours, they decided to bring her back on the spot before this arc began. and also to think about, why would he leave elfman and mira out of this arc? it is because he decided a way to bring lisanna back through this arc and what more of a way to reunite them than at her supposed graveyard. popularity reasons so be brought her back? maybe.

it does not matter to me either way. people should not dwell on this matter too much. we will get to see more natsu x lisanna moments
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 23:22   Link #3512
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Mirajane's going to be kicking asses again.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 23:34   Link #3513
Clarste
Human

I don't think curing trauma is that simple. Then again, this is Fairy Tail.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 00:06   Link #3514
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Mirajane was already kicking ass during the Luxus arc. So, all it takes is just a small prod in the right direction. But well, character-wise, I don't really see her reverting back to her old self anytime soon, but maybe she'll start dressing provocatively again.

Besides, Fairy Tail needs their powerhouses bolstered. Luxus was excommunicated and stands risk to having his powers severely weakened if the lacyrhma is removed. Mystgun has resigned from Fairy Tail. Gildarts is strong, but he's been horribly injured by the Black Dragon and won't be at peak form anytime soon. Makarov is unreliable story-wise because of old age + dying plot device.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 00:59   Link #3515
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The only flaw is that unless Mashima does another ass-pull, I think it would be a while before Mira reverted... after all, she only went demon mode due to extreme pressure. And while I can't exactly say that Lisanna being back isn't extreme... well, she's been the sexy, gentle poster girl for how many years now? While possible (hell, just about anything is now possible in this manga after Lisanna...), I don't see Mira reverting back in the snap of her fingers

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 01:02   Link #3516
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
The only flaw is that unless Mashima does another ass-pull, I think it would be a while before Mira reverted... after all, she only went demon mode due to extreme pressure. And while I can't exactly say that Lisanna being back isn't extreme... well, she's been the sexy, gentle poster girl for how many years now? While possible (hell, just about anything is now possible in this manga after Lisanna...), I don't see Mira reverting back in the snap of her fingers
well, if Natsu inadvertently made lisanna cry....
Old 2010-09-11, 01:35   Link #3517
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
She have not been in demon mode in two years I would think.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 04:34   Link #3518
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
I recently read a few chapters of the manga(chap 3?) and saw the anime(up to ep 12).

Here is my short rant: I am usually a fan of these shounen type series with super powers battling it out... but something is clearly lacking in this manga/anime. The battles feels like its a just show case of magic power, with no actual fighting nor tactics. Secondly, the characters feels bland, mostly the main female lead. She looks great but lacks substance in everyway: feels like shes there just to be in awe at the other characters. Sure you can argue that I am quick to make a judgement but it feels like this will be the trend for the rest of the series.

I am not sure why this series became so popular but will give it a few more chapters/episodes.
you've only read 3 chapters? then you haven't seen much of Lucy's background and development. You'd come to like her more later. I didn't like her that well at first too. But her character really grew on me.

Back to the most recent chapter though. I never thought it's the real Lisana! very eager to see how this additional character would alter the plot and add new elements into the story. Will we see Lisana join Natsu's gang or Lisana, Elfman and Mirajane reforming their trio team?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 07:36   Link #3519
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Besides, Fairy Tail needs their powerhouses bolstered. Luxus was excommunicated and stands risk to having his powers severely weakened if the lacyrhma is removed. Mystgun has resigned from Fairy Tail. Gildarts is strong, but he's been horribly injured by the Black Dragon and won't be at peak form anytime soon. Makarov is unreliable story-wise because of old age + dying plot device.
Do not forget that they also got Gajeel and Juvia added to their ranks. Natsu himself is constantly played up as having great potential for being one of the strongest members. Elfman managed to unlock his true powers and he was played up as one of the stronger members back when he could only use one arm. Lucy has only increased in her number incredibly rare zodiac keys and is fast on her way to having the full set; I can also mention that Loki has grown stronger since joining her. Luxus's minions are also playing nice now and can be relied upon to help out. And Wendy, while she may not be to strong a fighter, is a very valuable support for any team... oh and also Gajeel got his awesome cat

And I should probably add that aside from master jose himself, the guild has so far managed to solve every problem they have come across without even really using the people you have mentioned... though I do think the Gildartz, after recovering, could have likely been able to deal with some of these matters himself, like Jose

Last edited by Slayerx; 2010-09-11 at 11:10.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 22:12   Link #3520
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^
Luxus +Mistgun> Gajeel+Jubia+Evergreen+Fried+tongue guy

Two of the top 3 gone is a massive loss. This isn't just strength; leadership considered it's an even greater loss.

Although I do get your point about the newbies coming up and growing in power...I guess it had to happen eventually to allow them to progress.

That talk aside, I really wish people that were there for a while like Kana would get more attention in the manga.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen