AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-18, 18:52   Link #301
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Minor gripe I suppose....but ya know, for as much money they invested in this show for actual quality 3D...I do find it a bit unforgivable that they repeat scenes in the OP, which was already kinda weak in the first place.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 13:10   Link #302
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Dang

Spoiler:
blakstealth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 13:40   Link #303
Rnzlr

"She is on the verge of taking a new step" Yeah, a new step towards insanity... This script is so bad...
Rnzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 14:12   Link #304
Panzercracker

So, the anime still keep the Nagisa win and friendship cure the madness shit.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 14:21   Link #305
Tenzen12

While I would certainly prefer Nagisa winning this, as long as Ayano learned her lesson it should be fine even if she win. "Darth Ayano" sound like cool concept, but it was never something that could last. Better if loose now, knowing world doesn't end because that or she will loose somewhere in future alone and broken. Japan have enough suicides as it is.
Old 2018-09-23, 23:12   Link #306
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

let's take a minute to appreciate the amazing art and art direction this show has. i love the slow evolution of Ayano to look more and more like her mother through the last few eps.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 00:54   Link #307
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Well, at least Ayano's mom admitted she's a shit ass parent.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 11:50   Link #308
drawr

Lol. If Ayano wins her mom is definitely taking it as proof that her bad parenting paid if even if her daughter never reconciles with her. If Ayano loses...
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 12:30   Link #309
EroKing

Episode 13

Best girl Ayano, never changing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 07:17.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 12:41   Link #310
Panzercracker

Ayano lose and generic happy ending.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 12:47   Link #311
bakato

If anyone cares, the man-eater got her man.
Old 2018-09-30, 13:45   Link #312
Tenzen12

It might not be masterpiece, but it's not like much could be done with mediocre original work it had. With beutiful art and animation it worked well enough. As far as I am concerned this is solid 7,5/10 anime and I will probably rewatch it at some point.
Old 2018-09-30, 15:39   Link #313
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
lmao yes sure, girl with the fucked up knee suddenly catches up and even beats the girl that destroyed world-class opponents.

seriously, what the hell? this felt more like a drama show than an actual sports anime
Old 2018-09-30, 15:44   Link #314
SMT
*Artist

Most certainly an enjoyable ride for me. Great visuals and animations, bit overdramatized sometimes but that's okay.

The ending seemed a bit sudden and unnatural since everything kind of resolved itself somehow due to "muh friendship/team" or something but I guess they had to cut it somewhere. Ayano was clearly the funnest part of the series for me. At least refreshing to see a protagonist acting like that for a change.

8/10
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 15:50   Link #315
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Hmm...I have mixed feelings about this ending. On the one hand, the art, animation, and fluidity of the shot sequences does the sport justice. This is a continuing trend among recent sports animes of the past few years (eg Yuri On Ice, Haikyuu, Baby Steps etc) and I fully support that.

Story wise, it reminded me of the ending of Prince of Tennis, when Echizen realized his strengths at the revelation of how fun playing tennis was. However, it doesn't quite work in Hanebado because the opponent Aragaki is weaker, injured, and not really all that spectacular if it weren't for all her hard work. In PoT, Echizen's opponent was "God like", and that is a high enough bar to overcome and justify such a revelation. The roles were reversed in Hanebado so I don't quite buy it.

Hanesaki and her mom's interaction was very very short. I think they really deserved a more in depth conversation to resolve their issues. I'm glad Hanesaki voiced her hatred towards her mom's treatment of her. I'm glad that she cried to her best friend who gave her unwavering support all these years in the park. But terrible mom is still terrible. No way they make up that quickly. I don't buy it. It felt too rushed.

Ending sequence: great. I'm a fan of showing the future progress of all the characters we've been introduced to. Even the super strict coach with glasses has a soft spot and he was genuinely happy for his star student.

Overall impression of the series: 7/10. It's good to portray the sport realistically and faithfully, but the drama was forced, rushed, condensed, and lazily resolved. Would I watch this again? Probably not. But if they ever continue with a future season, I really do hope the writing is a million times better.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 15:54   Link #316
IceHism

I'm so mystified at the major divergence from the manga. It just ended up having a different tone and it wasn't the right choice for me.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 16:04   Link #317
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
lmao yes sure, girl with the fucked up knee suddenly catches up and even beats the girl that destroyed world-class opponents.

seriously, what the hell? this felt more like a drama show than an actual sports anime
Aragaki had much more stamina and Ayano is still hardly in best shape after year or two lazing around. Knee is certainly issue, but not necessarily to point crippling her game. Decessive factor was whether Ayano stamina run out before Aragaki knee give up. It could go either way, but this was better narratively imho.
Old 2018-09-30, 16:12   Link #318
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Aragaki had much more stamina and Ayano is still hardly in best shape after year or two lazing around.
It was just six month, actually. For someone like Ayano who had been training since she was three years old, getting back into shape after six month out of the game she be pretty easy so that's not excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I'm so mystified at the major divergence from the manga. It just ended up having a different tone and it wasn't the right choice for me.
Yeah, they completely butchered it. One of the worst adaptations I've seen.
Old 2018-09-30, 16:15   Link #319
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Stamina shouldnt be a factor when Ayano is far more skilled, there's no way Nagisa should be able to return or rally with her. Remember that in episode 9 Ayano was playing well enough to make Connie drop to her knees. Connie, a WORLD CLASS player. So I really cant buy the whole "stamina" thing.

The main take away of this episode is: Nagisa, with a fucked up knee, could easily beat Connie, a world class player, even though she's far less experienced, trained and has a bad knee.

Maybe the show should've been called "Arabado" instead, because she's obviously far more talented than everyone else!
Old 2018-09-30, 16:37   Link #320
Tenzen12

Ayano was losing mentaly which is in sport like Badminton very important factor. And once she was able get her self together and size iniciative she was running on fumes already. Difference in stamina, power, mental strenght, strategy. It's only because her genius she was able fight this far in poor state.

Also Arabado sounds great. I too think it should be named that way.

Tags
badminton, drama, sports