AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-12-24, 07:59   Link #341
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
If Rin is Ishtar's vessel, and Taiga is Jaguarman's vessel, then who are Quetzalcoatl and Gorgon's* vessels?

* Since she's a member of the 3 *Goddess* alliance, doesn't she require a vessel?
The Mesoamerican gods are a bit different as they always have vessels even when unsumoned since their true form is alien microorganisms from the meteor that killed the dinosaurs. In some ways they are like the white titan Altera but unlike her were not invaders.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-26, 15:34   Link #342
maximilianjenus
[E]

I am not sure if that is fgo spoilers ofr fate cc spoilers, lol. not that those spoilers are more important than general trivia.

It has to be some random viking-european girl going by historical sources.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-28, 10:13   Link #343
MCAL

https://mobile.twitter.com/AIR_News0...37807545327616

Preview for the second cour.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-28, 14:35   Link #344
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Looking awesome! So many fights to get hyped about .

The new Ending sounds so serene .
Old 2019-12-29, 09:09   Link #345
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

c'mon Gramps...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-02, 01:12   Link #346
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Quetz vessel is just some random fitting latin girl. And Gorgon is just herself becasuse *spoiler*.
I guess this explains why she's weirdly speaking Spanish.
Old 2020-01-04, 10:44   Link #347
Side-streetdog

Ep 12 = Bully Isthar EP
And I like it
Old 2020-01-04, 13:16   Link #348
Frontier

Who needs a new Opening when you can just play small amounts of new footage showcasing the entire cast set to the second verse of Phantom Joke? All joking aside, if that is the new Opening, it's fairly solid in terms of showing everybody off in visually interesting and dynamic ways while probably saving more budget and time for the impeccable in-show animation .

That tease of evil Ushiwaka though .

Gilgamesh as an architect? He could probably be the best at any job he set his mind too .

You know things are serious when Merlin is genuinely freaking out .

I guess if we're being honest, Ishtar never outright said she was actually a member of the Three Goddesses Alliance, nor did any of her fellow Goddesses, it was just the most reasonable assumption our heroes could make at the time. The Opening never even showed her with the other Goddesses, just (as it turns out) Ereshkigal, indicating who the true final member of the Alliance was .

So apparently the Ishtar Ritsuka had been talking to at night this whole time was Ereshkigal possessing her body at night because they were summoned together as two sides of the same coin and nighttime is when Ishtar "turns off." Which means that, yes, Ritsuka was unknowingly charming a completely different Goddess without even knowing it .

It's not IshtaRin if she's not blowing stuff up to get things done .

You can tell Ereshkigal was the Goddess who Ritsuka was charming at night when the first question she asks directly to him is basically to choose between her and Ishtar. Although I don't know if it's a fair beauty contest when Ritsuka only got a brief, drowsy, glance at Ereshkigal's true form while he constantly gets to see Isthar in that outfit (which she promptly showed off before getting lightning'ed for her boasting). Granted, Ishtar kind of pressured him into choosing her so I can't blame Ereshkigal for being a bit petty .

Ereshkigal sounds like a female Hades, getting stuck with the Underworld because someone has to do it and not being able to partake in any pleasure or fun as a result .

The ending is a nice ballad showcasing Gilgamesh, as well as some dynamic shots of our heroes .

Was that the Kojiro Sakaki Assassin in the Ending along with the other Servants? Did Gilgamesh already summon him ?
Old 2020-01-04, 13:28   Link #349
4th Dimension

The ED apparently shows what other Servants Gil summoned. Because Leonidas, Ushi, Merlin and 3rd guy weren't the only ones he had.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-04, 13:33   Link #350
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm with Fujimaru. Rin should have black hair, not blond.

That said, every time they called her a goddess of bountiful harvest, I couldn't help but look at her chest and wonder if they'd be alright. There isn't going to be a famine, is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

You can tell Ereshkigal was the Goddess who Ritsuka was charming at night when the first question she asks directly to him is basically to choose between her and Ishtar. Although I don't know if it's a fair beauty contest when Ritsuka only got a brief, drowsy, glance at Ereshkigal's true form while he constantly gets to see Isthar in that outfit (which she promptly showed off before getting lightning'ed for her boasting). Granted, Ishtar kind of pressured him into choosing her so I can't blame Ereshkigal for being a bit petty .
In the game, they had several conversations where Ereshkigal got progressively sloppier about hiding her "true form".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-04, 13:40   Link #351
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't disagree, although Ereshkigal looks pretty nice as a blonde .
Quote:
That said, every time they called her a goddess of bountiful harvest, I couldn't help but look at her chest and wonder if they'd be alright. There isn't going to be a famine, is there?
One could say her butt more then makes up for it, which is why they keep showing it off .
Quote:
In the game, they had several conversations where Ereshkigal got progressively sloppier about hiding her "true form".
I figured as much .
Old 2020-01-04, 16:12   Link #352
Thess

Technically speaking, blonde Rin isn't Ereshkigal "true form" that's just.... Rin's manifestation template body with her as a dominant host.

Quote:
Ereshkigal sounds like a female Hades, getting stuck with the Underworld because someone has to do it and not being able to partake in any pleasure or fun as a result .
It's believed that Hades and Persephone story got inspired by Ereshkigal and her second husband, Nergal.

Quote:
Was that the Kojiro Sakaki Assassin in the Ending along with the other Servants? Did Gilgamesh already summon him ?
The Servants who died before Chaldea arrived to Uruk were: Tomoe Gozen (Archer), Amakusa Shirou (Ruler), and Fuuma Koutarou (Assassin).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-04, 16:18   Link #353
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
The ED apparently shows what other Servants Gil summoned. Because Leonidas, Ushi, Merlin and 3rd guy weren't the only ones he had.
They did, Amakusa Shirou who appeared in Apocrypha is here. There is also one that appeared in Last Encore.
Old 2020-01-04, 16:39   Link #354
Random14

Odd, they cut off Chaldea communications again, that's a bit annoying. I know in game Romani could keep talking to them as they passed through the gates, hence why at the end Romani was trying to warn Fujimaru about how it was literally too cold for living things.

I hope they get the next part right, sometimes this anime has been too serious. Too bad they didn't include the Drunk and the Divine joke while talking about one of Ishtar's legends, but guess they had to time it right at that cliffhanger.

Miniature Isthar is adorable, especially seeing her ride Fou. It should be obvious what comes next, nice to finally clear up the membership of the Three Goddess Alliance. Of course, most of this misunderstanding stems from that conversation they had while "Ishtar" was tied up.

I miss the first opening, don't care for the second opening as much, aside from mostly using the same song, a lot of it is just major characters jumping around. Maybe they'll update it later? And the actual episode animation is still great. Ok ending animation, huh, didn't expect they would show the other heroic spirits Gilgamesh summoned earlier (most of whom got killed, Amakusa and Kotarou got killed by Jaguarman somehow).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-04, 17:15   Link #355
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Odd, they cut off Chaldea communications again, that's a bit annoying. I know in game Romani could keep talking to them as they passed through the gates, hence why at the end Romani was trying to warn Fujimaru about how it was literally too cold for living things.
Yeah, but Maaya Sakamoto and Suzumura Kenichi are both expensive.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-04, 19:42   Link #356
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ereshkigal is finally revealed. If the giant skeleton at the end is her true form as I assume, then Fujimaru was right to pick Ishtar, even if Rin's body isn't her true form either. That said, it was totally obvious that this isn't the answer Ereshkigal wanted. Pretty nice that they get to try until they get it right, although Ishtar apparently gets zapped every time they give a wrong answer
I'd be curious to know what the five questions they skipped were.

From her interactions with Fujimaru, we already know Ereshkigal is really sweet, but given what she's been doing I guess she isn't all dere dere and there's some yan in there.
Old 2020-01-04, 19:54   Link #357
Wandering Soul

I really like the spooky voice that Eresh adds to her questions at the gates. It makes sense they couldn't do all the gates, but they made the ones that they could do work well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, Eresh is cute, but black hair just works better in this case
Old 2020-01-04, 21:16   Link #358
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
It's believed that Hades and Persephone story got inspired by Ereshkigal and her second husband, Nergal.
Oh! Cool .
Quote:
The Servants who died before Chaldea arrived to Uruk were: Tomoe Gozen (Archer), Amakusa Shirou (Ruler), and Fuuma Koutarou (Assassin).
Okay. From the back one of them looked a lot like F/SN Assassin.
Quote:
Yeah, but Maaya Sakamoto and Suzumura Kenichi are both expensive.
Do seiyuu pay rates differ depending on the "prestige" of the seiyuu? I can't imagine they cost more then Tomokazu Seki or Kana Ueda does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ereshkigal is finally revealed. If the giant skeleton at the end is her true form as I assume, then Fujimaru was right to pick Ishtar, even if Rin's body isn't her true form either.
I don't think it's her true form either. It came off to me as just a formidable presentation Ereshkigal was putting on to intimidate them.
Old 2020-01-04, 22:26   Link #359
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's kind of surprising how much I don't like the song for the second opening considering it is just the second verse of the song they used for the first. But wow, it just doesn't work for me at all. Like so bad that I'm going to skip the opening for the rest of the season kind of bad. The visuals weren't bad. Not as good as the first opening, but not a huge step down either.

At least the episode proper was great. Good moments overall. Was pure hilarity with Ishtar dropping them into the underworld or taunting Ereshkigal before getting smote with lightning. At least the ghostly attack form they are using still makes sense. Ereshkigal probably wants to put on a performance to a degree and not get too close to Fujimaru in her real form.

Losing contact with Fujimaru made sense. They lost contact with him when he fell into the underworld last time. While this was a different situation, he was still going to the same place. Plus makes it easier to keep the cast limited if they keep Chaldea communications to a minimum.
Old 2020-01-04, 22:29   Link #360
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Banana Oni (Ibaraki Douji) is also in the ED right beside Shirou and Fuuma.