AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-26, 05:51   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Gundam Age - Character Discussion - Yurin L'Ciel

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Yurin L'Ciel related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Gundam fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 10:05   Link #2
Yusei Fudo
Banned

All I want to say is: she shouldn't have died...
Yusei Fudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 10:37   Link #3
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusei Fudo View Post
All I want to say is: she shouldn't have died...
agreed its such a waste seeing a very likable character to have killed like that early on
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 10:53   Link #4
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Knew it was going to happen a mile away. Her death is what pushed Flit off the deep end.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 11:23   Link #5
Nivek von Beldo

Yurin in retrospective is the main critique than 'women'(not being sexist) are more plot elements than characthers(with Exception, like Remi or Arisa and a lesser degree Yunoa) but at the same time, Yurin was one the characther who change the pace of the narrative forever(and vital being this a generational history)

You can say anything, but Yurin was the Element who make the Adult flit who all love and fear(he is pretty divisive), and no one would have a similar impact(Maybe Emily... maybe)
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 13:27   Link #6
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

If Yurin didn't die, Asemu would look very different...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 09:25   Link #7
Yusei Fudo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
If Yurin didn't die, Asemu would look very different...
More like Emily would have gone major Yandere
Yusei Fudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 09:36   Link #8
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
agreed its such a waste seeing a very likable character to have killed like that early on
I agree as well. Then again, this is Gundam.

If Yurin was alive and married to Flit, what would their son be like then?
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 10:36   Link #9
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
I agree as well. Then again, this is Gundam.

If Yurin was alive and married to Flit, what would their son be like then?
Just a purple haired Asemu and Unoa. That is all no change.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:27   Link #10
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Never been a big fan of Yurin but I guess I kinda liked her on the episode that she died, which I thought was done quite nicely and dramatically.

I don't think Yurin is the only person that caused Flit to be what he is though, more like the last straw on the camel since he's already lost a few before that. She was the last narrative wise and the one that we see flow into Gen 2 given Flit's arc ended at Ambat.
Old 2012-05-28, 18:11   Link #11
Dr. Casey

I'm not sure whether Yurin was the last straw, exactly... that one picture of Flit and Emily around their early 20s, along with all the images from the second ending, paint Flit as being much warmer and more highspirited than the almost 40 year old Flit we meet during the second generation; probably closer overall to the emotive, lively Flit of Generation 1 than the comparatively hollow Flit of Generation 2. Yurin's death was definitely traumatic and probably cemented his desire for genocide, but it doesn't seem as though that alone was enough to complete his transformation into being cold and barren. I think it really would be interesting to learn more about what happened between 114 A.D. and 139... he must've gone through a lot more traumas in the 25 years separating the first two generations.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters