AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-23, 08:10   Link #981
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Just the animation staff..never the directors of such shit.... sorry, Sailor moon fanatic talking here... it can't be help.
Have you ever seen heartcatch precure?
Old 2013-10-23, 08:28   Link #982
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I don't mind animation if that's you mean. I'll not be against any staff that has the artistic skills to make Sailormoon. I just don't want directors who aims for fan service and yuri undertones. I wish Sailormoon to be as it is and not affect by perverted demands of some mature fans.
Old 2013-10-23, 08:45   Link #983
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
I don't mind animation if that's you mean. I'll not be against any staff that has the artistic skills to make Sailormoon. I just don't want directors who aims for fan service and yuri undertones. I wish Sailormoon to be as it is and not affect by perverted demands of some mature fans.
But Precure lack any fanservice (aside from possible upskirts shots, but I'll take that back since I have never seen much of this franchise I admit) and little to no yuri undertones since it's a kids' show (despite it's fanbase consisted of mostly young adult males), just like the first Sailor Moon series.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-10-23, 10:01   Link #984
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
I don't mind animation if that's you mean. I'll not be against any staff that has the artistic skills to make Sailormoon. I just don't want directors who aims for fan service and yuri undertones.
Implying that Sailormoon didn't have loads of it once Ikuhara took over the series?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-10-23, 10:54   Link #985
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Just the animation staff..never the directors of such shit.... sorry, Sailor moon fanatic talking here... it can't be help.
Did you forgot the monster of the week formula of SM anime was pure shit, right?
Old 2013-10-23, 15:23   Link #986
NoemiChan
Banned

I don't mind as long as Tuxedo man is there! ^^
Old 2013-10-23, 15:54   Link #987
Rossetta

I have always liked the sailor moon manga series better than the anime series but I have build my expectations for this show I hope I am not let down. I have to admit the waiting for the series to begin is a big let down for me, but I am getting the second manga series box set of sailor moon tomorrow so I can get my sailor moon fix then.
Old 2013-10-23, 16:07   Link #988
maximilianjenus
[E]

but yuri undertones are the bread and soup of mahou shujo shows now, there is no way sailor moon can't have them ! that's escandalous !
Old 2013-10-23, 16:20   Link #989
NoemiChan
Banned

^ Hey, Haruka and Michiro arre the only yuri couple in Sailormoon... which I will not argue since it pointless coz they're an officially canon pair. Seiya and the other two are jusy extras to somehow add some yuri touches but obvious and thankfully , Usagi is crazy with her Mamo-chan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
but yuri undertones are the bread and soup of mahou shujo shows now, there is no way sailor moon can't have them ! that's escandalous !
No, no, no, no.... not in my Sailormoon... especially when Usagi's involve.... You can't break Mamoru x Usagi, .... Talk about the struggles of the two... the happiness and the bitterness....

Spoiler for Future Development and Relationships:

Corrupting it will kill her future... and will make the previous arc pointless...

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-10-23 at 20:02.
Old 2013-10-23, 19:48   Link #990
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I agree. It doesn't need to extend beyond Haruka and Michiru. Such much of the series was the rest of the Senshi being boy crazy. It's a major part of the story.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2013-10-23, 23:46   Link #991
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
We know it's not DBZ Kai.
There's no marketing because right now there's been a huge musical push.
Sorry but that's not enough to justify the complete silence on the matter. I still believe it's in dev hell (since IIRC, they were unsure of what target audience they were aiming at).
As for me, I'd rather get a total new cast, new story (no manga please, but also no filler-heavy like the original anime), and, but that's not possible since they already announced it, no Moonlight Densetsu. In ideal world it would be just a short series, but since it's made to sell merchandise mostly, it's not going to happen.
Old 2013-10-24, 05:02   Link #992
Casshern

Makoto and Minako had a crush on Haruka when she first appeared too, and even Usagi found her very attractive. That was a clear yuri undertone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Did you forgot the monster of the week formula of SM anime was pure shit, right?
Personally I really like the monster of the week formula. It provides some action for every episode and, most importantly for me, it gives at least some closure at the end of each episode instead of going from cliffhanger to cliffhanger. It's the main reason I enjoyed BSSM a lot more than DBZ, since the later would spend an episode to describe an attack and leave a cliffhanger before the attack lands.

The only thing I didn't like about BSSM was that the inner senshi (except Usagi) would only receive attention in their power-up episode and not be too involved in the rest of the season. Especially SuperS and Stars were the worst for the inner senshi.
Old 2013-10-24, 05:12   Link #993
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Makoto and Minako had a crush on Haruka when she first appeared too, and even Usagi found her very attractive.
Hey... Haruka looks like dude back then... the fact that she wears men's clothing...except for her panties....

Haruka is handsome and not pretty....

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-10-24 at 05:34.
Old 2013-10-24, 09:20   Link #994
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I agree. It doesn't need to extend beyond Haruka and Michiru. Such much of the series was the rest of the Senshi being boy crazy. It's a major part of the story.
Funny you say that because in the manga the girls weren't boy crazy at all, in fact the girls being boy crazy was really just an addition to the anime only.
Spoiler for large images:

That isn't to say that Ikuhara didn't include any yuri undertones, he did, Seiya is really a woman, and the girls are all attracted to Haruka and remain so even after they find out that she really is a woman, ditto for the Starlights the girls remain attracted to them even after they are revealed as women.

Even though the boy crazy attitudes of the girls were added in to the anime adaptation (which was actually common for many anime at that point in time) it wasn't a focus, you could actually remove that aspect and the story wouldn't change a lick, in fact other parts of the Sailor Moon franchise the girls aren't boy crazy at all and yet story stayed the same. In other words its not, never has been, or never will be a core part of the story.

In fact removing it is a good thing as it just makes the girls more heroic, as they save people because they see them in danger and not because some guy they're attracted to got attacked, which is actually how other parts of the BSM franchise play it out. Besides as I said before the anime making the girls boy crazy was actually a product of its time, as many anime with female protagonists had a tendency to write the girls like that.

If the new series is going to be closer to the manga then having the team from Pretty Cure working on it will be a good thing, because if anything the Pretty Cure franchise (the darker ones anyway) actually resembles the Sailor Moon manga in theme and tone way more than the Sailor Moon anime adaptation ever did.
Old 2013-10-24, 09:34   Link #995
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Sorry but that's not enough to justify the complete silence on the matter.
It's only October. There are plenty of other winter series that haven't revealed details, some of them announced as long ago as this -- To Aru Hiikushi, Wake Up Girl, Saki: Nationals. Last year with Pscyho-Pass we only had a single teaser trailer until a couple weeks before the show started and they didn't reveal Gen Urobuchi's involvement until a week before the premiere. Sometimes secrecy is a marketing campaign in itself.
Old 2013-10-24, 12:24   Link #996
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Funny you say that because in the manga the girls weren't boy crazy at all, in fact the girls being boy crazy was really just an addition to the anime only.
Spoiler for large images:

That isn't to say that Ikuhara didn't include any yuri undertones, he did, Seiya is really a woman, and the girls are all attracted to Haruka and remain so even after they find out that she really is a woman, ditto for the Starlights the girls remain attracted to them even after they are revealed as women.

Even though the boy crazy attitudes of the girls were added in to the anime adaptation (which was actually common for many anime at that point in time) it wasn't a focus, you could actually remove that aspect and the story wouldn't change a lick, in fact other parts of the Sailor Moon franchise the girls aren't boy crazy at all and yet story stayed the same. In other words its not, never has been, or never will be a core part of the story.

In fact removing it is a good thing as it just makes the girls more heroic, as they save people because they see them in danger and not because some guy they're attracted to got attacked, which is actually how other parts of the BSM franchise play it out. Besides as I said before the anime making the girls boy crazy was actually a product of its time, as many anime with female protagonists had a tendency to write the girls like that.

If the new series is going to be closer to the manga then having the team from Pretty Cure working on it will be a good thing, because if anything the Pretty Cure franchise (the darker ones anyway) actually resembles the Sailor Moon manga in theme and tone way more than the Sailor Moon anime adaptation ever did.
Don't mess with the context =__=,
Old 2013-10-24, 13:08   Link #997
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Don't mess with the context =__=,
How am I messing with the context? In that scene Minako goes on and on about how she wants to live a normal life and date a good looking boy (ironically mirroring her anime counterpart), much to Rei's annoyance, but then the Starlights over hear her and call her out on it, pointing out to her that she's lying. To which she looks at them and seriously admits that she was just lying, and what matters the most to her is her Princess.

And she's not the only senshi to outright admit to it either. The girls were very devoted to their duty.
Old 2013-10-24, 13:12   Link #998
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
It's only October. There are plenty of other winter series that haven't revealed details, some of them announced as long ago as this -- To Aru Hiikushi, Wake Up Girl, Saki: Nationals
The problem is that the announcement is over a year and a half old. They said nothing save pointless details. It's pretty clear to me they have some sort of issues going on.
Old 2013-10-24, 14:04   Link #999
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
The problem is that the announcement is over a year and a half old. They said nothing save pointless details. It's pretty clear to me they have some sort of issues going on.
We know they have issues because the series has already been delayed from this season to next, but the lack of publicity at this point doesn't tell us whether they're still experiencing those issues. Wake Up Girls was announced only a couple months after this, yet all we know about it is a key visual and that Yamakan's directing; Saki: Nationals was announced a month later and last I checked we don't even have the name of the director.
Old 2013-10-24, 15:56   Link #1000
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
It's only October. There are plenty of other winter series that haven't revealed details, some of them announced as long ago as this -- To Aru Hiikushi, Wake Up Girl, Saki: Nationals. Last year with Pscyho-Pass we only had a single teaser trailer until a couple weeks before the show started and they didn't reveal Gen Urobuchi's involvement until a week before the premiere. Sometimes secrecy is a marketing campaign in itself.
What if... Gen was writing for this? I would love to see that happen even if highly unlikely

Tags
remake, shoujo