AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-10-20, 08:24   Link #1001
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
Yeah, that's right, it's just you. Only have a problem with a very few of them like ShMion's face when giving the bento.
Wasn't aware you spoke for everyone, but is there anyone else here who thinks they look off or is it just me?

Quote:
So you're telling me what I "have to do" ? You're just imagining things I never said.
No I'm telling you what people should expect.

Quote:
Yeah, that's right, it's just you. And it's totally impossible to make an "unedited" port of a ds game to a pc one, you should be able to understand that.
Yea, I know you have to make some compromises here and there but its adding to it which bugs me. You should do what you can and not edit for your own sake.

Quote:
Because I haven't finished the one for the answer arcs, shouldn't that be obvious ?
How can that be obvious if it doesn't say what is done and what is not, do you have a percentage of what each arc is at? I'd like to know, and doesn't the ports have both answer and question arcs in the same game, but I'll just guess you separated them for a download and will combine both eventually.

Quote:
I don't really have any specific place where I list every contents I'm working on, besides on the french thread of my patch, just posting some stuff here from time to time.
Could you post a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Most of GuraGuraMan's edits aren't just for personal reasons, but because the resolution of a DS game's art is WAY WAY WAY less than a PC's. Not only that, but the CGs have huge gaping holes through them, and need to be properly joined, or else they'd look awful. These edits are necessary.
I don't have a problem with that, its editing them on what he thinks is better, example: NDS sprites over PS2 and making personal edits to improve them. I never mentioned anything wrong with him scanning the event pics from the book and using them instead of the cut apart NDS ones.

Anyway, this is going nowhere, let's drop it.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 09:52   Link #1002
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

For one thing xPearse, it's his patch, he is making it out of his own free time, so I don't think any of us have any voice to tell him about what he should do or remove. In the first place, he isn't making this for the community, he's making it for himself. Sharing it with fellow French fans is just his generosity.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 10:16   Link #1003
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibikisEcho View Post
A bit off topic but has anyone else realized that all these CG are at some sort of an angle? Almost every CG I see in Higurashi is slightly at an angle. Not that I mind or anything.
Slight eschew of a image is a long used form to show things are not right and keep interest. A lof of movies use this a lot usually to a good effect. straight on is boring to the eye.
Old 2014-10-20, 10:57   Link #1004
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
No I'm telling you what people should expect.
So you're implying it's a bad thing if people get something better than they would expect ?

Quote:
How can that be obvious if it doesn't say what is done and what is not, do you have a percentage of what each arc is at?
Because those works as patches/extensions for the original games ? I'm keeping the necessity of having those to play it as a respect to the french translator.
There are way more works needed than just having to finish an arc, it's not a translation patch. Did you think about the sprites, bakcgrounds, effects, recoding the whole thing, remaking every menus ? And there are always a lot of little stuff, making a list of everything I need to do would be way too long.

Quote:
Could you post a link.
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-24...s-festival.htm
It's pretty long and most of the stuff at the beginning were changed tough, so beginning at the end of the thread could actually be a better idea.

Quote:
I don't have a problem with that, its editing them on what he thinks is better, example: NDS sprites over PS2 and making personal edits to improve them. I never mentioned anything wrong with him scanning the event pics from the book and using them instead of the cut apart NDS ones.
Kizuna = Matsuri 2.0
Do the maths, it's obvious I would stick to them. And my personal edits are always welcomed by most people.

And I'm actually using both the scans for the data book and the ripped CGs of the NDS game to make the ones I posted before, seems like nobody has saw that, which is good thing. Like this I keep every expressions and the overall quality is way better (the scans are still in lower quality than the ripped)
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 11:27   Link #1005
GrAVit

The one with Rena is quite sad. Trying to imagine things from her point of view..
She's trying her best to cheer Keiichi's mood up by desperately wanting to eat with him, but his hallucinations seeing them all as threats, as if she was trying to kill him.
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 12:55   Link #1006
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I tried re-playing the old Higurashi release from MG and oh boy, it's completely unplayable, at least for me. It's so unnatural and so weird. Grammar errors in every page doesn't help either.

I am so glad they are retranslating it and adding new art. I'm super grateful. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Old 2014-10-20, 18:45   Link #1007
xPearse

Quote:
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-24...s-festival.htm
It's pretty long and most of the stuff at the beginning were changed tough, so beginning at the end of the thread could actually be a better idea.
Thanks for answering my questions, and sorry if all that bothered you, I get like that sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I tried re-playing the old Higurashi release from MG and oh boy, it's completely unplayable, at least for me. It's so unnatural and so weird. Grammar errors in every page doesn't help either.

I am so glad they are retranslating it and adding new art. I'm super grateful. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
You'd think they'd actually perform a spell check on their game before release, but errors and the like aren't as widespread as some may think. Their translation also sometimes reads like robot, although readable but it was honestly sometimes a mess, granted I can understand all these faults due to the insane amounts of text. Doesn't really bother me much but sometimes I have low standards, and I can't wait for the new release, better be priced right though.

I don't know if anyone's interested but tumblr's at it again, they're looking into other ways to combat mangagamer and even mentioned that they could try and contact steam directly and confront them about the sexualization of children in a game they would sell further mentioning they could pull it over reputation due to steam rules and regulations. I'm not trying to generate any hate or anything but that would be freaking awful, I mean seriously, not cool. Do you guys think any of this could be a possibility if steam was confronted?

Last edited by xPearse; 2014-10-20 at 19:03.
Old 2014-10-20, 18:55   Link #1008
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Well a proper editor seems to be a widespread problem in any media. I have swordart online game and it is atrocious to the point of hilarity!

I have some problems with my own translations in regards to how Shion calls Mion, Shion, when in private. When it is outside of that particular arc should we just convert it to sister so not to confuse majority of people?
Old 2014-10-21, 03:25   Link #1009
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
Well a proper editor seems to be a widespread problem in any media. I have swordart online game and it is atrocious to the point of hilarity!

I have some problems with my own translations in regards to how Shion calls Mion, Shion, when in private. When it is outside of that particular arc should we just convert it to sister so not to confuse majority of people?
Did Shion always call Mion Shion (in private)? I thought she only did that when she was crazy.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 04:00   Link #1010
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
I don't know if anyone's interested but tumblr's at it again, they're looking into other ways to combat mangagamer and even mentioned that they could try and contact steam directly and confront them about the sexualization of children in a game they would sell further mentioning they could pull it over reputation due to steam rules and regulations. I'm not trying to generate any hate or anything but that would be freaking awful, I mean seriously, not cool. Do you guys think any of this could be a possibility if steam was confronted?
Oh, what a joy -_-

Tumblr fandom, sabotage and destroy my only chance of quality Higurashi visual novel. I'll be really thankful for that. -_-

Screw this Satoko's sprite. Even if these people destroy this project, the sprite won't disappear from the original game. It was made a decade ago, a decade ago. Let it go already.

Last edited by Levani; 2014-10-21 at 08:06. Reason: Too much swearing
Old 2014-10-21, 05:03   Link #1011
HibikisEcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
It actually stays as "Sis/Onee" in almost every arc. Meakashi/Watanagashi when they revert back to their original identity and call each other by their original name.

So basically, Normal!Shion calls Mion, "Onee/Sis/Mion" while Mion usually just calls her "Shion". In Meakashi, Insane!Shion calls Mion, "Shion/Little Sister" whilst Mion calls her "Onee/Onee-sama/Sister/Mion-sama".
Old 2014-10-21, 05:30   Link #1012
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:

Kinda sure I saw several VNs adapted by MG on Steam, there is no way this Satoko sprite may be more "sexualized" than any of them, besides the fact it's not even to begin with. Go read stuff like Tsugumomo if you think that's the case.
Old 2014-10-21, 06:26   Link #1013
GrAVit

Quote:
Kinda sure I saw several VNs adapted by MG on Steam, there is no way this Satoko sprite may be more "sexualized" than any of them, besides the fact it's not even to begin with. Go read stuff like Tsugumomo if you think that's the case.
I don't think that they'll think too much of it, either. Sakura Spirit was sexualized as heck as well, but it's on Steam. I know we're talking about a child character here, but I think they won't consider it a big deal.
Old 2014-10-21, 07:05   Link #1014
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
I know we're talking about a child character here

That's bullshit anyway. Just because she seems a bit younger than the other girls (not even sure actually) from those games make it 100 times less tolerable even when the sexualisation is on a completely different level ?

Last edited by TheGuraGuraMan; 2014-10-21 at 07:50.
Old 2014-10-21, 07:23   Link #1015
GrAVit

Quote:
That's bullshit anyway. Juts because she seems a bit younger than the other girls (not even sure btw) from those games make it 100 times less tolerable even when the sexualisation is far from being the same ?
Well, some people clearly think so, and I can sort of see why. Some people just take it a lot more seriously.
Old 2014-10-21, 07:29   Link #1016
xPearse

Quote:
That's bullshit anyway. Juts because she seems a bit younger than the other girls (not even sure btw) from those games make it 100 times less tolerable even when the sexualisation is far from being the same ?
I wouldn't say that because she is 10 or 11 and essentially a minor which is the main problem, but what exactly where the ages of those sexualized girls in other games on steam? Anyway they just mentioned it on tumblr so I doubt they'll even try, I seriously hope not.
Old 2014-10-21, 08:37   Link #1017
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
And yes, sexualization is more offensive and controversial when it involves an abused child.
Not really.

Otherwise, the comparison of Akane's sprites :
Old 2014-10-21, 08:51   Link #1018
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I love the DS Akane, she's awesome.
Old 2014-10-21, 08:55   Link #1019
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I love the DS Akane, she's awesome.
Oh yeah, it's a major improvement from Matsuri.
Old 2014-10-21, 09:12   Link #1020
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
Hi. Don't know how this got brought up again here, but I thought I'd drop in and say I'm only contemplating different courses of action to get MangaGamer's attention. Nothing's set in stone. I was told that MangaGamer pays no attention to Tumblr, aside from their own blog, so now I'm exploring different outlets.

No, I'm not trying to get MangaGamer blacklisted.
Yea, we know that. I just brought it up and wanted to see if anyone thought if you guys did contact steam could the game possibly be yanked.

Quote:
Not really.

Otherwise, the comparison of Akane's sprites :
I don't understand why your always against this, care to explain why because I'd really like to know. Anyway, Matsuri Akane is too baby face, Kizuna too mature without attractiveness, while the original is the best. It combines both age and beauty which is something the ports failed to portray. There you go.