AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-03-07, 22:17   Link #21
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Like I said going Mac is expensive. I assume you mean you want to dual boot with Mac OS and Windows right. The only way you can use Windows on a Mac is through third party software called Virtual PC from Microsoft. That run you about another $200-300 for the software.
i know the mac is more expensive, but i heard its just so much better. speed, reliability, power.

after reading about Virtual PC, i have more reasons to get a mac. ^^
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 22:54   Link #22
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bushido
i know the mac is more expensive, but i heard its just so much better. speed, reliability, power.

after reading about Virtual PC, i have more reasons to get a mac. ^^
If all your gonna do watch anime, surf the net and run a few office apps on it then go for it. If your a gamer then stick with the PC architecture.^_^ Good luck.
Old 2004-03-08, 01:23   Link #23
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
If all your gonna do watch anime, surf the net and run a few office apps on it then go for. If your a gamer then stick with the PC architecture.^_^ Good luck.
nope, dont like PC games. lol

im planning to program on it tho.
Old 2004-03-09, 02:02   Link #24
Shadowlord
~DESU

if your smart, you wont buy a mac, they are slow, unreliable, and WAY behind technology wise. Also, there are some things you can't do on macs. They are way overpriced. My friend has a brand new G5, and my 2.0 Ghz AMD whoops its ass in everything. Its not worth it unless you are doing video editing and or image manipulation, those are the only things it is good for. For $3000, you could get an Alienware, which is the best PC money can buy. Maybe not get the best model of alienware, but still WAY better in every way than the Mac.

Remember the saying, only people on crack, buy a Mac.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-09, 02:34   Link #25
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord
if your smart, you wont buy a mac, they are slow, unreliable, and WAY behind technology wise. Also, there are some things you can't do on macs. They are way overpriced. My friend has a brand new G5, and my 2.0 Ghz AMD whoops its ass in everything. Its not worth it unless you are doing video editing and or image manipulation, those are the only things it is good for. For $3000, you could get an Alienware, which is the best PC money can buy. Maybe not get the best model of alienware, but still WAY better in every way than the Mac.

Remember the saying, only people on crack, buy a Mac.
hmmmm are you sure? everyone thats a "computer nerd" recommend the Mac. 90% of the PC lovers i know admit that macs are more powerful, they just prefer the PC. The 2002 imacs at my school are better than the brand new pentium 4 IBMs. My friend unzipped a virus on to his mac, and no damage occurred.

in terms of power, speed, and reliability mac is better... thats just wat i heard tho.
Old 2004-03-09, 06:13   Link #26
Kei-Yot

Send a message via AIM to Kei-Yot
Best way to go is to build your own computer... for good speed make shure your ram FSB maches your cpu FBS, then get a 8mg cache hd, you can get aney size of a hd as long as it says 8mg cache on it, a nice video card Nvidia or AIT 128mg or higher, (There are also some realey good 64mg video cards out there to) A well known mother board bran like MSI, Gigabyte, or ASUS. And dont for get to go AMD. then your cooking with speed. twiking windows will also help.

I have a saying "your computer runs as well as you take care of it"

Personley i got 3 computers. One i have thats my server hasent been formated in 5 years, never got a virous, or a crupted file problem. The new one im using now is build for gaming, and another one im working on needs a hd. Thats for my friends when thay come over thay have there own computer here to play on.

(Note: if your FBS on your cpu is higher then your ram FBS you will get a slower speed, or a unstable system "Blue Screen Of Dath". if your ram FBS is faster then your cpu FBS. lets say your cpu FBS is 266 and your ram FBS is 400, your not using 134 of the FBS. that shouldent hurt you pc but there is a 10% it will make problems. that and y spend the extra money.. A plus is that if you mother board chipset maches your video card bran is a real bounes to gaming Nvidia chipset or ATI)
Kei-Yot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 00:13   Link #27
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei-Yot
Best way to go is to build your own computer... for good speed make shure your ram FSB maches your cpu FBS, then get a 8mg cache hd, you can get aney size of a hd as long as it says 8mg cache on it, a nice video card Nvidia or AIT 128mg or higher, (There are also some realey good 64mg video cards out there to) A well known mother board bran like MSI, Gigabyte, or ASUS. And dont for get to go AMD. then your cooking with speed. twiking windows will also help.

I have a saying "your computer runs as well as you take care of it"

Personley i got 3 computers. One i have thats my server hasn't been formated in 5 years, never got a virous, or a crupted file problem. The new one im using now is build for gaming, and another one im working on needs a hd. Thats for my friends when thay come over thay have there own computer here to play on.

(Note: if your FBS on your cpu is higher then your ram FBS you will get a slower speed, or a unstable system "Blue Screen Of Dath". if your ram FBS is faster then your cpu FBS. lets say your cpu FBS is 266 and your ram FBS is 400, your not using 134 of the FBS. that shouldent hurt you pc but there is a 10% it will make problems. that and y spend the extra money.. A plus is that if you mother board chipset maches your video card bran is a real bounes to gaming Nvidia chipset or ATI)
Heh, we really need a spelling and grammar checker on the forum. I never seen so much spelling and grammar errors in my life.
Old 2004-04-04, 15:18   Link #28
Freddy C
Invincible

Send a message via MSN to Freddy C
400MHz is just too little, i suggest getting a 3GHz P4 processor, they arent all that expansive, a good graphics card just makes the graphics better, not too essential for the game to work properly as long as you have A graphics card.

RAM - yep that too, though now, i'd recommand 1GB of RAM since a lot of games are requiring 512MB and some 1GB.

new Mboard for the P4 3GHZ obviously

Mac, nah unless you are rich enough cuz upgraing macs are supposed to be very difficult.so's fixing it

btw anyone here own a dual processor motherboard? or any fancy comp stuff, im looking to get cathode light for my next new pc
Freddy C is offline   Reply With Quote