AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-11, 22:26   Link #81
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

yeah, I guess you have to be paying more attention to the... umm... chest area to notice the nipples... so I guess you are indeed more of a horny male than some of us here... strange, I consider myself quite horny, but I rarely pay attention to those parts, and usually miss all the panty shots except those very intrusive ones (like some panty shots staying for 5 seconds in Ikkitousen @_@) guess I'm not as horny as I think
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 23:46   Link #82
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
That's why I don't watch any anime like that- The animes I love generally have great action scenes, sometimes a thought provoking plot, and little to no ecchiness. Ex. Naruto, Gilgamesh, Avenger, Scrapped Princess.

I want to like this anime, but I have a hard time respecting it because the makers obviously don't respect their audience. It's like Magus IX said- tasteful fanservice can be ok.

Somebody implied that those who complain about fanservice notice it more. Well, yes, I'm not desensitized to it and I am a very horny male (yup). But just because my hormones may say, "Oooohhhh, booobies," doesn't mean that I as an individual actually want to see that
The makers don't respect their audience? In what way? I didn't feel offended for sure and i really had a hard time to watch out for the so called overload of "fanservice". Unless i really want to, i usually don't pay much attention to ecchiness at all, most of the time i'd rather think about it as a pleasant bonus as long as it isn't overdosed...which this show certainly doesn't suffer from.

Is it, by chance, possible that many of you folks try to make more of it, as it really is? I mean, nobody around here has actually seen the entire show, so how can there be statements that it is mainly centered around "fanservice"?

The first episode centered mainly around action, comedy and a nice cast of 4 women and a guy...maybe this is the problem here....harem obsession^^

I fail to see most of that horny stuff anyway, i mean come on, there's a cast of female characters all of them with different personalities so everybody can relate to them and yes, they have *boobies* and *nipples* equipped.........let's not make all these natural facts another sorry *nipplegate*..it's already a screwed discussion at best.

The problem with a female cast is, that there will eventually be *fanservice* at some point and as long as you're not watching a hentai, all of it will be rather harmless, nobody will get hurt, trust me on that part. If you still don't want to see it, then just skip everything i just wrote down and go watch something different, because it is your right to do so.
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 01:02   Link #83
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Alright, so I'll admit it- I don't want to see that stuff for moral/religious reasons. I can't help but feeling dirty as I watch an anime that so shamelessly flaunts its characters. Like I said, I want to like this anime because the action looks tight, but it looks like the way the characters are drawn and displayed will continue to be distracting. Those of you who argue that this series doesn't have much fanservice...riigghhhhttt.

I'm not saying don't watch it, I'm just saying that I may leave this one by the roadside (unless the action continues to be incredible)
wsheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 01:22   Link #84
wylin

Send a message via AIM to wylin
Im having a problem with the AONE/ Onigiri version it crashes my computer everytime i try to click on it. - wunderbar!
wylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 01:50   Link #85
JediNight
キズランダム

We'll see how they develop it, but it comes off as a bit TOO much like BGC so far IMHO. Sei is undoubtedly the Sylia of the series providing the money and equipment. Joe is your Priss -- the carefree leader of the fighting or whatever. Meg is your (can't remember her name, wears the green suit in BGC2040) who speaks her mind whenever she feels like it. Amy is your Nene/Skuld of the operation. Then you have Kyohei as your Mackey (looks damn near identical to Mackey too lol) of the group.

Sad thing is if I released my anime fiction I've been devising for a couple years now, people would think I ripped off BakuTen heavily, except for the Western setting and fanservice ;p
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 03:53   Link #86
TDKNL
GIF genin

Send a message via MSN to TDKNL
Great Gonzo serie can't wait for episode 2. Jango is gonna kick ass.
TDKNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 04:10   Link #87
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Finally watched the Aone-Onigiri version and I have to say that I really disappointed with this series since I put too much expectation b4 watching it. It turns out to be just a normal show with a bit of hi-tech CG.
Btw, I wonder why people here so upset about slight fanservices in this series. I think it is still nothing if we compared to other series' fanservices. Showing nipple a bit behind the clothes is still in acceptable limit.
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 05:54   Link #88
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to complich8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao Asakura
Finally watched the Aone-Onigiri version and I have to say that I really disappointed with this series since I put too much expectation b4 watching it. It turns out to be just a normal show with a bit of hi-tech CG.
Btw, I wonder why people here so upset about slight fanservices in this series. I think it is still nothing if we compared to other series' fanservices. Showing nipple a bit behind the clothes is still in acceptable limit.
I think this show goes no further in ecchiness than ikkitousen did, and probably less so from what we've seen so far.

I was slightly annoyed with the degree of parallelism they're pulling to the charlie's angels type theme, but ... I think that's kinda the point. I walked into it with no expectations when I watched it, and I walked out thinking "hmm, titties, guns, mecha, and a kinda scrawny but somewhat resourceful dude. This could be ok, as long as we're not expecting a whole lot of plot. Interesting clothing design too..."

I await an action-packed episode 2, complete with scantily clad women of various shapes and sizes. I'm wondering how they'll go about making the dude into a part of the group (I'll be charlie, and you can all be my angels. Except for you, you can be bosley).
complich8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 07:32   Link #89
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
very good show, especially the animation
As evryone said it's a bit like BGC but it also reminds me Love Hina, one cooker for 4 girls.

Jo's red eyes reminds me Alucard's one
And donno why but Meg reminds me more Naru than Asuka, maybe it's the same SEiyuu ? (Horie Yui) I have to check
OrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 07:46   Link #90
Mr.Minou

it's kinda off topic but I just wanted to ask all people who were "shocked" with the nipple thing : how do you react when you see it in a movie ?

As for Baku Ten I really enjoyed this 1st ep can't wait for an action packed ep 2
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 08:12   Link #91
+BakuretsuNavi

Bakuretsu Tenshi is a aWESOMeZZZ!!!
+BakuretsuNavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 08:41   Link #92
SimplyEd
Claytard

Okay. i think, by now, that similarities between Baku Ten and other anime shows have been mentioned enough already...i think it's save to assume that a lot of its comedy will be on a cross-reference spoof level.
I don't see anything wrong with taking popular elements and recycling them with more or less fresh ideas. In the end, after all these pseudo cameo/ deja-vu effects it will be a sovereign story with an independent cast of characters, all with their own quirky personalities and problems.
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 09:44   Link #93
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by complich8
I await an action-packed episode 2, complete with scantily clad women of various shapes and sizes. I'm wondering how they'll go about making the dude into a part of the group (I'll be charlie, and you can all be my angels. Except for you, you can be bosley).
Actually if you are able to read Japanese and had read the introduction & character data on the official web-site, his relationship with them starts off as

Girls: Oooo, this food is great!!! Can we keep him? Please, Please!
Guy: Uh... I am not into this sorta thing...*slips away*
Next day, guy walks down the street, car screeches by and pulls him in.
Girls: HI!
Repeat!

I'm almost certain it will evolve into something else though
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 13:15   Link #94
walter clamans
I have a cunning plan

Nowadays, it seems that only girls can dodge bullets and make you eat lead... (Noir, Madlax, Mezzo,...)
Way to go Emancipation ! I think I'm better of learning how to cook these days. 'Don't leave your guns on the table, honey.Look, I've made you favourite dish!', and then she starts hitting me, because she's drunk. Again...

So, about the show : it looks fine, nothing annoyed me. So i'll watch more.
walter clamans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 13:43   Link #95
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter clamans
Nowadays, it seems that only girls can dodge bullets and make you eat lead... (Noir, Madlax, Mezzo,...)
Way to go Emancipation ! I think I'm better of learning how to cook these days. 'Don't leave your guns on the table, honey.Look, I've made you favourite dish!', and then she starts hitting me, because she's drunk. Again...

So, about the show : it looks fine, nothing annoyed me. So i'll watch more.
Don't forget Ghost in the Shell, Bubblegum Crisis, Battle Angel Alita, Jubei-chan...
Old 2004-04-12, 15:53   Link #96
7thMethuselah

Just finished episode one : while I usually avoid mecha, it was the preview that made me interested (and the fact I love Lunar ). Awesome opening sequence although so far it looks like it hasn't got anything to do with the actual anime. The actual animation during the episode was good. Action was nice and fast-paced, definitelly a good star.

Characterwise : another loser-guy (sigh, I'm getting tired of these), Jo looks like Rei (now that's a good thing ! ) but certainly acts differently , we got the innocent looking 2000 IQ little girl, the hot looking redhead that reminded me of Naru (I've watched too many anime), You can just feel that our cook is gonna fall for her and the last one I haven't figured out yet. So nothing really original (at first sight, i've only seen 1 ep).

Music was soso, although it wasn't bad it didn't suit the series I thought. Storywise there isn't much to tell yet, but it did remind me alot of Daphne in the Brilliant Blue (Lunar must have a fix on these kinda shows these days)

About the fanservice issues mentioned in this thread so far. Yes I noticed the nipples too but that didn't really bother me, also I don't think this show is all that ecchi, sure we got nice looking chicks but the camera isn't constatly trying to bring out their "best parts" (omg did I say that ).

Overall not a bad first episode, I'll continue watching it for now.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 15:54   Link #97
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
At least GITS: SAC is fairly realistic.

Bakuten reminds me of Kiddy Grade with Evangelion styled plus Nadeisco's hero cook mixed into one.
Old 2004-04-12, 16:07   Link #98
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
At least GITS: SAC is fairly realistic.

Bakuten reminds me of Kiddy Grade with Evangelion styled plus Nadeisco's hero cook mixed into one.
well, actually I was thinking about the original GITS movie, since SAC doesn't have as much fan-service

Also I doubt the guy here will have as much glory as Akito of Nadesico, I mean, he's not in the OP and he's barely in the ED, and he's last in the credits... things just don't look bright for him, I think he'll at the very best end up as Maia in Daphne of Brilliant Blue, while most likely just end up like Mackie in the BGC OVA

I don't understand why people think Jo looks like Rei. Their hair colors are different, their face shapes are different, their complexions are different, their body builds are different, their personalities are different, and...um... their breast sizes are different Aside from the same eye color (which is not that rare in animes anyway), I just don't see any similarity.

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-04-12 at 16:34.
Old 2004-04-12, 18:04   Link #99
Mr. Tadakichi
ZB's A-Z of J-Music

EVA characters in Xenosaga clothes/vehicles/mecha = No complaints here!

I didn't mind the nipples so much, but her boobs seems to have about 2x gravity, sloshing around like over-filled water balloons.

I'm definitely looking forward to more.
Mr. Tadakichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 01:12   Link #100
JediNight
キズランダム

Something else thats a little odd I noticed -- where exactly do they fit everything in that mobile carrier of theirs? That cybot Jango is fairly large, and from the OP we see that a considerable amount of the carrier is just for opening up to launch Jango.

But then you see the inside and theres the kitchen/eating area, the bathroom, a bedroom area obviously, probably some type of TV room, Amy's control center for Jango, and obviously there needs to be room for the engine to drive that thing and the cockpit could you say.

Jango must be stored in HammerSpace ^_^;;
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote