AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-07-02, 16:08   Link #781
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
Kamiyan vs birdway in fraulein arc? Lol i skip that fight, because (again) usual IB vs long explanation boring magic with its boring explanation for me
I like railgun vs valkiry and thor vs ollerus girlfriend though...

Magic side still overpower science huh.. Level 5 except #1 and #2 is just... Meh?
And we have majin here, highest rank in magic side. So will we get to see highest rank in science side, LEVEL6 soon? Hope takitsubo got lv.5 and power up accelerator into lv.99 lol

Or steal and transfer darkmatter and vector into her body and then she said this to #1 n #2
"surprise maderfaker! i have wiiing! im an angeeel! whos the boss now!?" lol
Srsly dual skill Creation and Destruction is so fvkin awesome
Dude, why would you skip Touma vs Birdway? There was no long explanation of magic plus it was way more intense then Thor's and Misaka's fights combined. It is easily one of my favorite fights of NT.
Old 2013-07-02, 23:57   Link #782
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
ps: Hamazura, you really jumped the fight Touma vs Birdy?

This is one of the best fights of volume 6, was incredible the way that Touma used the IB, if you think she just attacked and he extended his hand, you are completely wrong, I recommend you read.
lol
long boring explanation > spam magic like a boss > extend imajin > block all > lecture > punch > harem lol

Congrats for thor who succeed broke this cycle lol
I guess kamiyan vs birdy fiht just consist kamiyan lecture about fraulein feeling or whatever it is and lightning duo (biribiri n thor) get in the way and then they flee...

Sure i will read it, this is my holiday and nothing to do anyway lol
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 00:06   Link #783
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Anything can be boring if you just list off point forms.

Accelerator throw things at Kakine -> Kakine throws things at Accelerator -> Kakine sunburn Accelerator -> Accelerator lol-troll-pwn Kakine

You might as well just read baka Test, or stick to MF Bunko's various harem series.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 00:21   Link #784
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Maybe IS is more his speed?

I'm not sure about everyone here but I think the whole midfight spiels is interesting. it gives insight to what each side is fighting for. Though it could have been done via flashbacks or really long winded pre-confrontation events, it all has to be condensed in a novel or two. The mid-battle talks are basically where all their resolves clash which gives meaning to why they swing their fists as opposed to just watching people swing their fists around without really knowing why they are even fighting. It gives me a sense of which side I want to be on instead of just betting 20 on the winning side
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 00:38   Link #785
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Maybe IS is more his speed?

I'm not sure about everyone here but I think the whole midfight spiels is interesting. it gives insight to what each side is fighting for. Though it could have been done via flashbacks or really long winded pre-confrontation events, it all has to be condensed in a novel or two. The mid-battle talks are basically where all their resolves clash which gives meaning to why they swing their fists as opposed to just watching people swing their fists around without really knowing why they are even fighting. It gives me a sense of which side I want to be on instead of just betting 20 on the winning side
IS, Aria, DxD etc.

One thing's for sure- it works better in text form than on visual media. These kinds of things are hard to pull off, unless you're KyoAni or Shaft who uses mad visuals to make long scenes entertaining.

That's why I want to see whether they could pull it off for the Index movie since that isn't restricted by an original source.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 00:49   Link #786
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think the only other anime where I felt like there were nicely executed build up is one piece. Though I do believe many would see it as long-winded and unnecessary. I find the final fights are far more satisfying once I hate the villain with all my heart due to past atrocities. In TAMNI it feels more like both sides have their own reasons and you can't judge which is morally above the other so easily. Sometimes even Touma's logic is skewed so you don't always cheer for him. I think its a charm of the series.

Volume 7 really shows this as for the most part he doesn't feel like the hero he used to be in the start of the series. But he's taken the steps to do his part. Well that might just be me.
Old 2013-07-03, 01:54   Link #787
hamazura
whatever

Lol i hate moe and harem
Dont take it srsly it not like i dont like action-battle thing, thats my favorite genre actually. its just im more into kagaku than majutsu
100% majutsu arc in index just so.... Dont know how to explain this. Good thing NT mixed kagaku-majutsu in entire arc~
maybe i only imagine touma punch all magic atk when i read his battle so its become boring lol
Old 2013-07-03, 05:32   Link #788
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So you skipped british halloween and acqua of the back?
Old 2013-07-03, 07:45   Link #789
desrtsku
Nympholept

Acqua was somewhat mixed with Science though, and British Halloween also had science side weaponry used at some point (that actually ended up relevant). I don't think there's been any 100% magic side in this series anymore since vol 11.
Old 2013-07-03, 08:35   Link #790
Acer
Death to the infidels!

until today want to see the Acc and Hamazura getting involved in an event that has much more magic than science, Hawaii promised it, except the Saronia and Cendrilion, the arc almost whole have exclusively scientific issues involved, as Kamijou-san already involved in their territory, they need to engage in the territory of Kamijou-san.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 13:19   Link #791
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
So you skipped british halloween and acqua of the back?
By that logic he skipped Touma vs Fiamma as well...
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 14:34   Link #792
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
More protag, more OP enemy, more touma losing and Less touma Lecture > falcon punch > win cycle yay lol
Here we go.
British Halloween was mostly Carissa and knights kicking everyone's asses... Touma's too, so, probably, hamazura did read some parts of it.
Acqua of the Back arc basically starts with Acqua kicking Touma's ass... So the beginning part is fine for hamazura, too.
And Touma vs. Fiamma has three rounds, and first two are about Fiamma kicking Touma's ass and having everyone else freak out.

In the end, though, I don't understand why hamazura reads Index at all.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 15:20   Link #793
Acer
Death to the infidels!

doubt, is tomorrow which will be revealed the releases of books that should come out in September? if it is, I hope the vol 8 is among them.
Old 2013-07-03, 19:42   Link #794
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
2. Brunhild was holding back, Silvia was holding back and even Thor was holding back(see the next Chapter with touma vs Thor). The fight lacked the intensity and awesomeness that was present on Acqua vs Kanzaki or Acqua vs Knight leader.
I must have missed the part that implied Brun was holding back. I mean she opened with an attack that would have instantly killed most opponents, so clearly she didn't hold back so as to not kill anyone. There was the spoiler that said she didn't use magic, but that wasn't actually stated in the translation and seems to not be entirely accurate due to that one line about Brun blowing something away with something other than brute strength. True we didn't actually see the runes but the fight was only really fully covered until the first railgun, and either way there are possible reasons she didn't other than holding back (maybe norse stuff doesn't work as well for her when she is in full saint mode?). And the other fight with Thor and Sil, they were clearly stated to be holding back.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 22:51   Link #795
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I'll reread the fight, but I'm almost sure that the only things she showed were their physical abilities, and honestly, just because Brunhild tried to kill Mikoto does not mean she was with everything, fight seriously and go all are things different, a very simple example, Touma vs Birdway, Birdway was serious enough against Touma, even threw out own pride, but at no time used the most powerful weapons in it (the major arcana).
Old 2013-07-04, 02:46   Link #796
SilverTalon

You're right, using an attack that would kill most opponents instantly while knowing nothing about her opponent doesn't prove she wasn't holding back. However, it does show she had no problems killing Mikoto which eliminates the most common reason for holding back. I don't think there was any specific mention of spells, just that one line alluding to something, but nothing says she didn't either and the two were fighting 'off screen' a while. But even if Brun didn't use the runes, it isn't like that is some ridiculous top tier ability, maybe she judged it would be less effective? I mean we only saw Brun fight sort of twice and neither were really much of a fight (first was just feeling each other out and second was as a Valk and Kaori won by sabotaging her), so we don't really have much info on how she fights without holding back as a saint to begin with.

Edit: Also, you mentioned Birdway, but she held back because (well at least I think its the most likely reason) she honestly didn't want to kill him and would rather have the plan fail. Sil and Thor held back because they said they didn't want to level the city. I don't think Brun's runes/spells would really have caused much more destruction than was already going on (at least those we saw already) so neither of those reason apply there. If Brun was actually holding back, there has to be a reason for it, and I can't see any.

Last edited by SilverTalon; 2013-07-04 at 03:13.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 03:14   Link #797
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Here we go.
British Halloween was mostly Carissa and knights kicking everyone's asses... Touma's too, so, probably, hamazura did read some parts of it.
Acqua of the Back arc basically starts with Acqua kicking Touma's ass... So the beginning part is fine for hamazura, too.
And Touma vs. Fiamma has three rounds, and first two are about Fiamma kicking Touma's ass and having everyone else freak out.

In the end, though, I don't understand why hamazura reads Index at all.
lol I AM become the topic now
Yeah aqua of the back first arc is quite good because its not like magic at all, its acqua kick everyone ass and im glad touma not the one who finish him off lol
What acqua ability again? Nullifies curse thing? Not very useful huh? -_- except his gigantic mace... 20m? I wonder how he hold that thing, and 200m thor lightnng blade too lol

I like everything beyond vento arc btw and yeah... Except british arc... Its fvkin 2 volume and I read it but because lack of enthusiasm so... Very vague about what happen in that arc... Index called by queen with touma and later there is ligjt light organization or whatever its name and he met oriana and began to chase them... After that... Forgot lol and who the heck is the bitch kid with touma in russia arc again lol?
Epilog is good tough because fiamma kick everyone asses.

I like vs fiamma battle
Second fight vs fiamma is that maderfaking vento got assraped to roman ship that appeared in second orsola arc right?
Final fight is interesting too, fiamma kick his ass even his imajin power is not enough, and then fiamma became like aurelus izzard when saw mysterious thing and touma is so stupid not use that power. Afterward, fiamma weakened and touma falcon punch him, but save him in the end. I wonder if fiamma will join touma harem in NT later lol

And Gabriel vs Everyone is awesome
Old 2013-07-04, 05:35   Link #798
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Odd question... if Touma's right arm is the output point of IB and Fiamma said it was the only arm worthy of housing the Holy Right...

Since Rensa copied the output capabilities of the arm(even though it blew up shortly after) did that mean for the short moment her arm could have been the output point for Holy Right as well?
Old 2013-07-04, 10:52   Link #799
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
You're right, using an attack that would kill most opponents instantly while knowing nothing about her opponent doesn't prove she wasn't holding back. However, it does show she had no problems killing Mikoto which eliminates the most common reason for holding back. I don't think there was any specific mention of spells, just that one line alluding to something, but nothing says she didn't either and the two were fighting 'off screen' a while. But even if Brun didn't use the runes, it isn't like that is some ridiculous top tier ability, maybe she judged it would be less effective? I mean we only saw Brun fight sort of twice and neither were really much of a fight (first was just feeling each other out and second was as a Valk and Kaori won by sabotaging her), so we don't really have much info on how she fights without holding back as a saint to begin with.

Edit: Also, you mentioned Birdway, but she held back because (well at least I think its the most likely reason) she honestly didn't want to kill him and would rather have the plan fail. Sil and Thor held back because they said they didn't want to level the city. I don't think Brun's runes/spells would really have caused much more destruction than was already going on (at least those we saw already) so neither of those reason apply there. If Brun was actually holding back, there has to be a reason for it, and I can't see any.
considering Kanzaki, Acqua and Silvia who use powerful magic with their physical abilities to do absurd things, the Brunhild doing just that a place like the saint weaker shown so far, I have read her struggle with Mikoto again and clearly does not mention of any use of magic, I'm not guessing about what was not shown, an interesting thing is that at the end of the struggle, Mikoto was afraid to attack the Brunhild. You said it saw no reason to, Brunhild to hold? (Though for me it never held, not only went all, the difference? She wanted to kill the opponent) taking more superficial things like not show Mikoto losing a fight, which is something that I do not want to debate, I think it makes more sense the reason she had not seen the need to use more than such, Brunhild facing front and avoided the attacks of Mikoto, while Mikoto needed or divert or put something in front of both, although the fight seemed balanced, a single attack of Brunhild could easily change the direction of the fight.

in short, the two fought well, but because of Brunhild not have used magic, she will always cause this impression could have done more against Mikoto, is sad, but it's something that can not be changed until they fight again.

Last edited by Acer; 2013-07-04 at 11:06.
Old 2013-07-04, 13:54   Link #800
Miraluka
Banned

Lets make it clear with some facts:

Both Thor and Sylvia agreed if they go all out they could end causing great destruction on the city and they're right. Just remember how much destruction caused the times Kanzaki fought Acqua and the time she fought Brunhild (pre and post Gungnir).

And last, after the fight they make clear that they were just buying time for Ollerus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
maybe norse stuff doesn't work as well for her when she is in full saint mode?).
There is no contradiction at all, Acqua uses rune magic and so does Styil Magnus.

Other example could Kanzaki who can use Shinto, Christian and Buddist magic at once with no problem.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote