Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-12, 00:07   Link #21
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Girls who can breathe may look hideous, but at least they would approximate the human form.
I don't think that's Akihiko Yoshida's intention to have that nor do I want it to be! They can stay breathless~ or have a dot.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 10:47   Link #22
Iron Maw
Banned

Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 18:31   Link #23
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'm so excited.

Spoiler:

I love this series.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 19:55   Link #24
Iron Maw
Banned

Stuff from JUMP and the official site:
http://gematsu.com/2014/07/bravely-s...tio-agnes-more

Apparently Bravely Second takes place about a decade or so after the first game.

In other news
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/28...ion-worldwide/

Did not expect to sell more in the US than Japan....

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-07-28 at 20:06.
Old 2014-07-30, 23:01   Link #25
Iron Maw
Banned

So yeah, apparently neither Hayashi or Revo will be on board this time.

Here are their replacements:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...33&postcount=1
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...59&postcount=1

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-07-30 at 23:45.
Old 2014-07-31, 01:48   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Revo was so bloody awesome with the original game, so the fact he is being replaced is quite unfortunate news. It is possible the new guy will do a good job too, but well, Revo's work was really awesome.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 09:05   Link #27
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Revo was so bloody awesome with the original game, so the fact he is being replaced is quite unfortunate news. It is possible the new guy will do a good job too, but well, Revo's work was really awesome.
Yeah Revo was just absolutely fantastic, but since Square Enix considers this series to be a very important success, I'm hoping that this means lots of effort will be put into this.
Old 2014-07-31, 21:57   Link #28
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post

Did not expect to sell more in the US than Japan....
It's the kind of mainstream JRPG Westerners have wanted since the pre-X Final Fantasy games.

For Japan... well, it's another JRPG in a market already saturated with them.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 22:08   Link #29
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I need to get on this game. I liked the whole design of bravely default...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 22:23   Link #30
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Yeah Revo was just absolutely fantastic, but since Square Enix considers this series to be a very important success, I'm hoping that this means lots of effort will be put into this.
However ryo himself is equally awesome. Absolutely love supercell/egoist. So I have a lot to look forward to in the music department for this game as I know it'll be just as good if not better.

Why Square Enix Chose ryo To Be Bravely Second’s Composer

Quote:
“Similar to the way we decided to use Revo in the previous game, we decided that we wanted someone who can make music with melodies that stand out,” explains Asano.

He continues, “BGMs in recent games are matched with realistic graphics, and they have a sense of realism to go with them. I consider myself more of an old-school gamer, though, so I prefer BGMs that you can hum out, kind of like the ones back in the day. With that in mind, we decided to ask ryo for help.”

Famitsu asks ryo to share his thoughts upon receiving the request to compose Bravely Second’s music.

“I often get requests for vocal-related things, but when I heard that it was for game music, honestly, I thought, ‘Why me?’” responds ryo with a laugh. However, ryo says, it’s a genre he’s wanted to work on more, since he already handles one or two anime or drama BGMs every year.

Next, Famitsu ask ryo if he knew anything about the first game, Bravely Default.

“Actually, I bought the game on its release date, and played it. I even beat it,” ryo replies.

Asano adds, “When I first met him, he told me ‘I beat it’ and to top it off, he even maxed out at level 99. I was surprised!”

Since he’s already a fan of the series, Famitsu asks if that means ryo will be able to capture the mood of Bravely Second with ease.

“That’s right. I’ll be making the music while thinking about how I’d like it as a player,” says ryo. “For example, when you sleep at an inn and the music goes along with the screen getting darker, I’d like to make that part twice as short.”

He continues, “I don’t think of music as work, but when I do, it never feels like work. I do indeed get a list of music that they want, but in the end, it’s all so fun that I make songs that aren’t even on the list, and hand them over. If they don’t like it, it’s okay if they don’t use it. That’s basically how I’m making the music.”
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/31...onds-composer/
Old 2014-08-01, 00:57   Link #31
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
However ryo himself is equally awesome. Absolutely love supercell/egoist. So I have a lot to look forward to in the music department for this game as I know it'll be just as good if not better.

Why Square Enix Chose ryo To Be Bravely Second’s Composer

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/31...onds-composer/
****ing badass news, lol, he aced the game level 99 and bought it on the first day. That's actually pretty hilarious in hindsight.

Thanks for that. I didn't know anything about Ryo, so that's excellent news then!

Wow, lol. I'm really happy now about all of this.
Old 2014-08-01, 01:16   Link #32
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's the kind of mainstream JRPG Westerners have wanted since the pre-X Final Fantasy games.

For Japan... well, it's another JRPG in a market already saturated with them.
Actually, IIRC had very good word of mouth and tons of hype in Japan. Furthermore a new IP selling 400k in this day and age is quite success. I agree with your second point though and to add to that I think BD being well received by JP gamers and the localization debacle helped push the game hype status to nearly mythical levels from all the attention.
Old 2014-08-01, 19:59   Link #33
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Actually, IIRC had very good word of mouth and tons of hype in Japan. Furthermore a new IP selling 400k in this day and age is quite success. I agree with your second point though and to add to that I think BD being well received by JP gamers and the localization debacle helped push the game hype status to nearly mythical levels from all the attention.
That localization debacle... I forgot a bit about that. I do agree that I think that indeed raised the hype status of the game much more than it would have been otherwise.

But I have to say that I really liked the advertisement Nintendo had for it.
Old 2014-08-02, 08:24   Link #34
Awrya
U mad?

Just finished Bravely Default not too long ago and was quite hyped to see a sequel already being planned.
I guess the earliest we can expect the game to come out in Japan is 2015, with the localized version in 2016?
Old 2014-08-02, 20:19   Link #35
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Just finished Bravely Default not too long ago and was quite hyped to see a sequel already being planned.
I guess the earliest we can expect the game to come out in Japan is 2015, with the localized version in 2016?
Maybe it'll get localized faster this time because of how well it did overseas? After all, they already finished all the scenarios for game 2... I don't remember what they didn't finish?
Old 2014-08-02, 20:34   Link #36
Zoel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Na I doubt it would take that long as 2016 for an English release. Square Enix almost have no faith in the product as it was a complete new IP. SE did not even localize the game until a lot of feedback was taken and with Nintendo's support. With Bravely Default outselling Lighting Returns, it made the head CEO scratching their head and revise their target audience.

With the success of the original Bravely Default, I'm sure Square Enix will Localize the game immediately, instead of waiting for a very long time before they decide to translate the game.
Old 2014-08-02, 20:38   Link #37
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoel View Post
Na I doubt it would take that long as 2016 for an English release. Square Enix almost have no faith in the product as it was a complete new IP. SE did not even localize the game until a lot of feedback was taken and with Nintendo's support. With Bravely Default outselling Lighting Returns, it made the head CEO scratching their head and revise their target audience.

With the success of the original Bravely Default, I'm sure Square Enix will Localize the game immediately, instead of waiting for a very long time before they decide to translate the game.
I agree, and news from August 1st confirms that the game is already finished and playable from beginning to end. Right now, they are just spending time on polishing the game, and they are trying to figure out how good to make it. I expect that means that it could even come out in late 2014 in Japan... and I expect it to come out soon after sometime during 2015 in the US anyway.

Edit: They confirmed that they plan on releasing a demo version soon.
Old 2014-08-25, 23:35   Link #38
Iron Maw
Banned

New stuff

BS will also be playable at TGS:
http://gematsu.com/2014/08/bravely-s...yable-tgs-2014
Old 2014-08-26, 13:37   Link #39
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

And if that is not an existing track from the first game, the music sounds just as good if not better.
Old 2014-08-26, 18:44   Link #40
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I liked the music. It sounded like old music, but better. Also the visuals improved at least as far as from what we could see.

The best part perhaps of what I got from this interview was that those outfits were actually as sexy as hell. They made every angle look good. I was surprised when they were rotating that, because they clearly put a LOT of effort into that.

Otherwise, though, I just liked the overall look from the glimpse we saw. I can already tell that I'll probably love this game at least as much if not more than the first one. I really hope this becomes a big new Square Enix series that doesn't get worse--until a long time passes first...