AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-01, 20:47   Link #7861
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
lol you can't transfer different nations crew to a different nation, its incompatible. your better off just buying the 75er crew and building it up to 100 until you get the BP, anyways I have had the church I and I didn't like it much, the church 7 is a bit of an improvement over the church I, but just by a little. I hear it only starts to get any better at the black prince and up.

so in general, brit tanks in mid tiers are crap in their respective tiers imho. but the american line to the heavies thru the T1 sux too, well i still see ppl play them, and haven't really heard anyone complain about them, I still think its a waste becuz their stuck with a 75er instead of the 76er the M4 and M10 gets.
Or, since I now have an elite Cruiser II, I may as well grind that crew to 100% (they're currently at 90%) and then transfer them to my Churchill, then get a new crew for my Cruiser II.

As for the Churchill, even if I'm going to grind, all I need to grind are engines, suspension, turret, and the final gun. The rest of the Churchill I's guns are shared with the Valentine. XD

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 20:56   Link #7862
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

well goose, let me say this, churchill I isn't the best nor is it the worst heavy at tier V, the best would be the BDR or KV 1, the worst is the T1 Heavy, I mean who would waste their time on a heavy that is stuck with a 75er until the M6 when you get the 90mm, but even then, the KV 1S has the 122mm and ARL already had the 90mm from tier V, as for the churchill line, little improvement is made when you get the 7, you get a 76mm, good pen, lax dmg, i hear until you get the BP with the 17 pdr is the churchill line actually worth it.

although in my main acct, my tank arsenal, i do own the 7 becuz st. gloriana, I might need to get the crusader back as a trophy tank if they had that, idk maybe, or i'll just collect the tanks that were used in the anime.
Old 2013-07-01, 22:01   Link #7863
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I assume the rage is because everyone will be killsteal happy just to get the mission bonus. Not that I care, as I won't be on for the whole week thankfully
I think people who will go out of their way to be killsteal happy would be the type to do it regardless.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 22:37   Link #7864
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I think people who will go out of their way to be killsteal happy would be the type to do it regardless.
Now i don't mind killing a 100hp tank with my 183 since the mission will cover the ammo cost.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 22:45   Link #7865
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The T-28 has a 57mm cannon right? Its no wonder then that they can turn my B1 into swiss cheese. Tsk, now that's another tier 4 I need to watch out for after the Hetzer and the Matilda.
Old 2013-07-01, 22:56   Link #7866
Gravitas Free Zone

It has the same 57mm as the T-34, with a moderately lower ROF (~23 RPM instead of 27). I don't see it that often though, probably because it's not on the direct research tree and most T-28 drivers want to be out of the T-28 as soon as possible.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 23:18   Link #7867
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

You guys weren't during the time were the T-28 could equip the 85mm that the KV-1 uses. It did the grind a lot more easier because the gun could pen a Tiger at 300m and do some nice 250 damage (the gun has been nerfed to hell and back since).
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 04:44   Link #7868
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Is thqt the only russian tank they ever nerfed? seems like russians will never get tweaked.
Old 2013-07-02, 05:13   Link #7869
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
well goose, let me say this, churchill I isn't the best nor is it the worst heavy at tier V, the best would be the BDR or KV 1, the worst is the T1 Heavy, I mean who would waste their time on a heavy that is stuck with a 75er until the M6 when you get the 90mm, but even then, the KV 1S has the 122mm and ARL already had the 90mm from tier V, as for the churchill line, little improvement is made when you get the 7, you get a 76mm, good pen, lax dmg, i hear until you get the BP with the 17 pdr is the churchill line actually worth it.

although in my main acct, my tank arsenal, i do own the 7 becuz st. gloriana, I might need to get the crusader back as a trophy tank if they had that, idk maybe, or i'll just collect the tanks that were used in the anime.
Dude, take a breath!

For me, I'm doing the Churchill because I like it. It's all for Darjeeling's sake. For Darjeeling's love I live, for Darjeeling's love I am a tank matyr! Churchill I driver, Wild Goose!

*Goose is shot for ripping off Mele's introduction*

Having said that, turned my spare exp from my elite tanks into Free Exp, and went and ground out more XP for my Valentine, and then I finally researched the Churchill I and turned my Valentine into an Elite tank. I then researched everything on the Churchill I with Free exp, leaving only the 3.7 inch howitzer and the Vickers 75mm HV to grind....

...and then I realised that my Cruiser II crew was still only 89%. Now I'm thinking of just getting a 75% Churchill I crew and grinding them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I assume the rage is because everyone will be killsteal happy just to get the mission bonus. Not that I care, as I won't be on for the whole week thankfully
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
This is why I liked ME3's weekend challenges: no matter how much killstealing happened, even between friends (it was accidental! Honest! I was just too much in the zone! ), there was enough enemies to kill.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That said, I got this challenge done twice today; first in my T-34 and then in my Valentine. For the T-34, it was one of the more glorious matches I've ever played - El Haluf. Started sniping, then as all our lights and everyone else started dying I decided I was going to cap. So I took my T-34 (I'd already gotten 1 sniping kill by then) and noticed a Crusader who was playing cat and mouse with one of our TDs, so I snuck up behind him and pumped 57mm into his rear, feeling like the Volleyball Club - except this time, I had penetration. Took him out, crawled to the opposing camp... and I was playing cat-and-mouse with a Black Prince and an SPG. Killed the arty as he moved in, then kept playing cat and mouse with the black prince, scored a hit on him that did damage... and then I spotted an enemy Hetzer trying to come at me, so I pulled back, waited for him to come around the corner... and BAM! Right where I wanted that shell to go! 4 kills, FUCK YEAH!

...at which point everyone else was dead, a badly-wounded enemy TD was capping our place, so I continued to cat-and-mouse with the Black Prince for the heck of it. It was a defeat, but it was one of my better showings.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This, I have no epic tale; I was just killstealing.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-07-02 at 09:54.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 06:56   Link #7870
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Is thqt the only russian tank they ever nerfed? seems like russians will never get tweaked.
The T-34/85 lost a 100m gun apparently at one point too. So, yeah, the Soviet line does see some adjustment, it's just not on the level of the other lines. Russian Bias, after all. :P

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-07-02 at 07:10.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 08:33   Link #7871
LeoXiao
思想工作

The SU-85 used to pack a 107mm gun with 167mm penetration and 300 damage. It was a modified version of what the KV-2 now has, and it was by far my favorite tank. It was OP at anything under tier 7 but remember that it used to see tier 8.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 08:53   Link #7872
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Goose use the image tag when you post your sreenshots, it takes longer for me to load the page on my phone when you post like that. (Use this: [Image] input forum tag images here [/IMAGES] the first tag needs to be all in caps.)
Old 2013-07-02, 09:22   Link #7873
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
The IS-4 got nerfed pretty hard when it got moved up to tier 10. KV-2 used to be tier 5. 704 used to be able to pretty much aim sideways (it's side traverse for the BL-10 IIRC was like 45 degrees to each side)
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 09:28   Link #7874
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

But as of now the russian lines are annoying to kill still. having a high rof means nothing if you cant kill them before they get of their 2nd or 3rd shot. i have to be real lucky now when i brawl the kvs and bdr.
Old 2013-07-02, 09:36   Link #7875
Mow Yun

I still remember back when T-54 used to have better front armor than IS-7 (laugh)
Old 2013-07-02, 09:51   Link #7876
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

You that is happening to the chinese 121, having better stats than the 113.
Old 2013-07-02, 09:59   Link #7877
Mow Yun

Well back then the IS-7 didn't have the pike armor so the front part where the pointy end is was only 150mm so any tank could auto pen it pretty much, and T-54 was lower to the ground and flatter by about 15% so its armor was almost autobounce for anything that wasn't JT or 704 or T30, and there were no tier 10 TDs either. Highest pen gun in the game was JT's APCR.

I miss my tier 10 T30
Old 2013-07-02, 10:13   Link #7878
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

It still close to tier 10. 9.5 prolly cuz of the last gun... the 155. I still have tds all the way down to tier 6. i dont play my t25/2 much lately... heck i havent play my main acct for prolly 2 weeks since after getting the t62a. well im workin on the last 100mm gun after gettin the engine for the 132. kinda like that map woodland oaks or something... i just go thru the swamp and kill off the arty before dieing and its so funny that my team still loses XD kinda lame how u can take out the enemy arty and still get raped even if they lost their arty.
Old 2013-07-02, 11:13   Link #7879
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Speaking of IS-7s... rumor suggest it might get the 155mm, and it will be a heavy tank.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 11:20   Link #7880
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Speaking of IS-7s... rumor suggest it might get the 155mm, and it will be a heavy tank.

- Tak
One of the reasons I decided finally to go for the IS-4 instead (I have a loooooooooooooong way ahead). I'll keep the IS-3 as a Trophy tank (also I like more the MBT design of the IS-4)

And in some related notes... 8.7 open test is aproaching soon (rumors say it will be on tuesday next week)
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks