AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-09-17, 15:56   Link #61
Awrya
U mad?

All that talk about Yuu being a potential trap, what about the new Tomahawk class?
Old 2014-09-17, 15:59   Link #62
GDB

Tomahawk class.

Uses gun as primary weapon.

What else is there to say?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 02:26   Link #63
Iron Maw
Banned

TGS demo showcase + more info

Stuff:
-First off, dungeon design has been TOTALLY revamped! It's no long isometric or fairly drab looking and more atmospheric.
-The music (or what little i could hear) so pretty awesome, the new Asterisk Holder boss theme (I think) in particular sounds really intense.
-Apparently there new class in the demo called Wizard (we couldn't see it's design though) which had some interesting new spells like Fire Mist (which seems to do continuous damage kinda of like poison) and Lightning Hammer.
-Did I mention that music is awesome?!
-Jean and Nikolas are definitely playable or at least temporally anyway.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

BTW here is a ton of new character info wasn't posted yet so can know everyone is:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/15...tal-orthodoxy/
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/12...ort-abilities/

And yes you read that right, Yuu is lead protagonist and not Magnolia who one is just one of the MCs. He also has a journal too.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-09-18 at 03:47.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 15:48   Link #64
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
And yes you read that right, Yuu is lead protagonist and not Magnolia who one is just one of the MCs. He also has a journal too.
Money on Yuu being Tiz's amnesiac son from the future
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 17:38   Link #65
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
And therefore also being... Agnese's son? That wouldn't make much sense... given his backstory...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 08:11   Link #66
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Oh, nice one.
If I remember right, that kid did want to become a knight.

Edit: Nvm, thought you meant Egil.
Old 2014-09-19, 13:06   Link #67
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Oh, nice one.
If I remember right, that kid did want to become a knight.

Edit: Nvm, thought you meant Egil.
That on the other hand about Egil would be interesting and plausible.
Old 2014-09-19, 15:24   Link #68
Iron Maw
Banned

Demo details. Wizard Job is sounding pretty interesting so far.

Quote:
Bravely Second Hands-On: Introducing The New Wizard Class
The Bravely Second demo at Tokyo Game Show let players try out the Wizard, a new class in the Bravely Default sequel, which Yuu, one of the game’s protagonists, could use. Wizard lets players customize magic attacks by picking an element and then an attack type.

Yuu had Lightning, Blazing (fire), and Icicle (ice) as elements. First, you pick one of these and then an attack type. Burst hits all enemies while Mist doesn’t deal any damage right away, but acts like elemental poison. So, if you cast Blazing Mist you would deal no damage upfront, but the spell would hit the target with fire damage each round for three turns.

Icicle Burst is an ice spell that hits all enemies. You could also create a hammer that hits one enemy. Darts are another option that only hits a single target, but gives your attack priority over all of the other attacks. If you create Lightning Darts, you’ll do a lightning elemental attack before anyone else can make a move. It feels like the Wizard gives players the flexibility to choose an element and what kind of targets you want to hit. The downside is picking an elemental and attack type takes 2BP instead of simply casting a spell like a Black Mage.

The other classes in the game return from Bravely Default. Magnolia was a Valkyrie, Jan a Swordmaster, and Nikolai was a Red Mage. Square Enix also recently revealed another new class—the Tomahawk.

The dungeon I played, a lush forest area, had more twists and turns than I expected. There were two levels: an upper path where you would climb tree roots, and a winding lower path. It felt like the dungeon design in Bravely Second was more labyrinthine compared to Bravely Default.

Another change is that, during cutscenes, you can sometimes see Agnes on the bottom of the screen. She appears through the power of a pendant.

Food for thought:

Something amusing was that, in one scene, Magnolia who is late and rushes to join the group says “good gravy” in English, but otherwise speaks Japanese. I wonder how that will be localized if Bravely Second gets announced for the West.

In addition to your usual fantasy enemies like witches, Bravely Second has a walking apple-person with apple slices as arms and legs as an enemy.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/18...Xx2kx6h6t7w.99

Quote:
Hayashi is writing this time around, so less of a chance of that happening.
Old 2014-09-19, 17:34   Link #69
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Snip
What the heck did they mean about the fantasy monster with apple slices for arms and legs.
Old 2014-12-02, 14:15   Link #70
Iron Maw
Banned

eShop Demo out Dec 10th

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
What the heck did they mean about the fantasy monster with apple slices for arms and legs.
Exactly what it says?
Old 2014-12-02, 20:21   Link #71
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
eShop Demo out Dec 10th

Exactly what it says?
Fuck Yes! I have a new nintendo 3ds... so I will be playing the demo... and will be able to tell you guys how it feels.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2014-12-03, 02:54   Link #72
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Goddammit, I can't read read Japanese well enough to understand the site. I can barely make out the character names.

*cries pathetically*
Old 2014-12-04, 11:25   Link #73
Iron Maw
Banned

Famitsu stuff

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Related articles and translations:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/27...dnapped-agnes/
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/04...age-mini-game/
Old 2014-12-04, 22:16   Link #74
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

^ I was born ready for this.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2014-12-04, 22:28   Link #75
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Let me say again: Akihiko Yoshida's work is lovely. My favorite former Square Enix illustrator.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-05, 01:52   Link #76
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Let me say again: Akihiko Yoshida's work is lovely. My favorite former Square Enix illustrator.
5 more days. Count down with me.

Old 2014-12-05, 03:54   Link #77
Shadow5YA

I'm sold as long as this game doesn't do the same horrible recycling and backtracking the first game did starting at Chapter 5.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 16:35   Link #78
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm sold as long as this game doesn't do the same horrible recycling and backtracking the first game did starting at Chapter 5.
I do think fair amount of recycling is going to happen regardless. The demo already featured some old areas from the first game. But so long as content doesn't backtrack on itself like the first game, I think it'll be a much more palatable experience.

One other thing about the demo is that it locks "costumes" on our 3 musketeers so that they look the same regardless of jobs. Of course, SE might just be keeping it under wraps for marketing reasons, but I like to think this adds further fuel to my speculation that they're an elaborate bait-and-switch for the actual party.

Added the demo gameplay if anyone was interested. Losing Revo was a shame, the new battle and asterisk theme doesn't get me pumped anymore like the old one does.

com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 21:41   Link #79
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Hey, I think the music from the Demo sounds pretty nice.

Apparently SP still exists, but I think the way you use it is different. (Having trouble reading Japanese... eh he he... ) There is an hourglass with sand that has a timer next to it... so I'm wondering if there is a connection between that and SP.

Another nice new feature I just encountered right as I started to play the demo is the R button.

I think that if you press the R button at any point in time, you can see a choices bar for settings pop straight up with two parts: The first toggles the encounter rate for monsters which is the same -100% to 100%, and the second part of this option bar lets you edit the settings for auto battle.

As I noted before, you can edit individual characters' commands for auto battle, which is VERY nice. You can also easily bring up both of these settings just by pressing R, so this seems at least so far WAY more convenient than in the previous game.

I haven't really tried much else, since I literally just now started playing the demo, but I'll let you guys know more, (hopefully in plainer/more comprehensible English) once I get further in the demo. The VA's in Japanese are very nice though, and the characters so far are pretty funny.

Poor Yu...

Old 2014-12-10, 22:10   Link #80
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Music sounds just as good and lovely. Not a loss at all.

Fun reading impressions. Wish I could play. ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Another nice new feature I just encountered right as I started to play the demo is the R button.

I think that if you press the R button at any point in time, you can see a choices bar for settings pop straight up with two parts: The first toggles the encounter rate for monsters which is the same -100% to 100%, and the second part of this option bar lets you edit the settings for auto battle.

As I noted before, you can edit individual characters' commands for auto battle, which is VERY nice. You can also easily bring up both of these settings just by pressing R, so this seems at least so far WAY more convenient than in the previous game.
Oh, sweet. They added shortcuts rather than taking a trip to the menu? That's great.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote