Notices

View Poll Results: Char or Athrun?
Char... 51 67.11%
Athrun... 25 32.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-09, 00:18   Link #61
viper

It is my belief that all logic should be thrown out when talking about anything in the CE story line. Why? Logic is second to plot device. Atleast in UC, most plot devices have logical explanations. Atleast it is phyiscally possible. And in accordance with my belief, I watch GS/D purely for the explosions.
Old 2006-03-09, 00:30   Link #62
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Poll Creation!

Move along, nothing to see here!

Sorry about the delay, moderator functions have been somewhat unreliable as of late. >.>
Old 2006-03-09, 00:55   Link #63
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Ummm.... Again this is like comparing Kobe and Jordan.... no sense in even explaining...

Last edited by aeriolewinters; 2006-03-09 at 03:15.
Old 2006-03-09, 06:04   Link #64
shizumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Athrun has one move in his disposal that might turn the tide.

SELF DESTRUCT!!
dude, self destruction is a great move if you can do it to defeat the opponent

Who cares.......... but i voted for Athrun :P
Old 2006-03-09, 11:45   Link #65
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters
Ummm.... Again this is like comparing Kobe and Jordan.... no sense in even explaining...
I think it's a lot more like comparing Kobe to a very talented College player who will, for some reason or another, just never make it to the absolute top.
Old 2006-03-09, 11:46   Link #66
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters
I think it's a lot more like comparing Kobe to a very talented College player who will, for some reason or another, just never make it to the absolute top.
Old 2006-03-09, 17:22   Link #67
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
i prefer Athrun to Char, becuase Athrun isn't in to little kids.... plus he doesn't want to destroy (distorting i know) Beloved earth.

MSG Char i prefer, but CCA char, just too much pedophilin and selfish.
Old 2006-03-09, 17:26   Link #68
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader
i prefer Athrun to Char, becuase Athrun isn't in to little kids.... plus he doesn't want to destroy (distorting i know) Beloved earth.

MSG Char i prefer, but CCA char, just too much pedophilin and selfish.
and women come to Athrun?
Old 2006-03-09, 17:44   Link #69
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Hey if I'm not mistaken Japanese culture doesn't look at this issue like you and I do Crusader...when old men are buying 16 year old girls panties from slot-machines, and 25 year olds are are dating 15 year olds and meeting them in "love hotels", Char feeling a connection to Quess because she reminds him of his all-time love Lahlah doesn't seem as bad...It's not like he's preying on girls like those turds in the Dateline NBC specials...

As for him being selfish, did you consider what brought him to that point??(Not that you're wrong for thinking he was selfish)...He certainley thought he was being selfless and aiding mankind...
Old 2006-03-09, 17:53   Link #70
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Well the way I see it Athrun needs to have SEED up. In order to do that he has to have conviction.

I vote Athrun SEED > CCA Char

As mentioned before, Athrun has yet to be beat in SEED. Only Kira can match him and in their last duel it took several plot devices to keep Kira alive.

If you stick Athrun in Infinite Justice on top of that.... well I just don't see how he can be beat in a Gundam that is specialized for a 1 - 1.

Don't get me wrong, I think the fight would be close but I see the advantage with Athrun.
Old 2006-03-09, 18:35   Link #71
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
Char would possibly hit Athrun with Axis(Or whatever giant rock is nearby...).
Old 2006-03-09, 18:41   Link #72
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis
Well the way I see it Athrun needs to have SEED up. In order to do that he has to have conviction.

I vote Athrun SEED > CCA Char

As mentioned before, Athrun has yet to be beat in SEED. Only Kira can match him and in their last duel it took several plot devices to keep Kira alive.

If you stick Athrun in Infinite Justice on top of that.... well I just don't see how he can be beat in a Gundam that is specialized for a 1 - 1.

Don't get me wrong, I think the fight would be close but I see the advantage with Athrun.
How does Athrun never being "beat" in GS mean much? Cause none of the opponents in question were actually military trained professionals that have the ability to read a person's moves multiple steps ahead much less making use of the surrounding environment.

And again none of you have explained how exactly Athrun would be able to deal with a newtype like Char, especially when Athrun is horrendously predictable. And could you clarify on the 1 - 1 signfiying something? Including when the Sazabi is made for multiple situations beyond simply a duel.
Old 2006-03-10, 02:02   Link #73
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis
How about when he's stuck against a Newtype in a Psyocframed MS armed with a beam shotrifle, a scattering mega particle cannon and six funnels who's not at all afraid to go into close combat and has an advantage over Athrun in it due to the Psycoframe and NT abilities?
Old 2006-03-10, 04:37   Link #74
tetsuo69

Quote:
How does Athrun never being "beat" in GS mean much? Cause none of the opponents in question were actually military trained professionals that have the ability to read a person's moves multiple steps ahead much less making use of the surrounding environment.
if i'm not wrong amuro was never military trained and yet he kick char @ss .. and plz dont bring out that amuro was able to do better just cause he was a newtype and able to read minds.

Newtype/Seed = plot device

kira and amuro are the samething getting inside some unknow machine and able to do better than military professionals.not that i'm against it cause after all this is science fiction and nothing more. or am i wrong?

char may have more experience specialy char from CCA but you can never know what can happen in battle. not always the one with more experience wins. atleast in my opinion

Last edited by tetsuo69; 2006-03-10 at 04:50.
Old 2006-03-10, 09:20   Link #75
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69
if i'm not wrong amuro was never military trained and yet he kick char @ss .. and plz dont bring out that amuro was able to do better just cause he was a newtype and able to read minds.
Uh, not really. The only reason Amuro survived through the first part of Gundam was his MS being more advanced than a Zaku where Char was still able to hold his own. And that when it comes to Amuro he at least was willing to bust his butt when it comes to military drills and planning using data.
Quote:
Newtype/Seed = plot device
Not really when the newtype thing actually was clearly explained while the SEED thing was just pretty much vague much less that it was quite iffy in terms of usage in GSD. That at least with the newtype thing a large amount of characters were actually newtypes while with SEED it's all the more fewer.
Quote:
kira and amuro are the samething getting inside some unknow machine and able to do better than military professionals.not that i'm against it cause after all this is science fiction and nothing more. or am i wrong?
Again, not really. Amuro still clearly had trouble against aces where he survived the beginning of the series by having the more advanced MS. But of course Amuro was able to get better since he actually showed that he worked at it. Amuro did more when it comes to improving himself beyond simply relying on a plot device.
Quote:
char may have more experience specialy char from CCA but you can never know what can happen in battle. not always the one with more experience wins. atleast in my opinion
I wasn't saying that it was throught only more experience that a win is guaranteed. Just that Char has more experience and newtype abilities that add to his usage of thought out tactics that are beyond the straight forwardness seen in GSD while Athrun remains to still be a quite predictable individual. That both Char and Amuro were professionals with multiple wars to speak of for their military careers.
Old 2006-03-10, 19:00   Link #76
Teletha

What are we comparing? Who would beat who in a fight? What a silly thing to compare, but I guess it can't be helped in this forum. I still don't see why it matters, who was stronger, who will be stronger when they are two different universes that have nothing to do with each other. UC fans will hate Athrun for not being near the wonderfulness of Char. I don't see the point.

I like the character of Athrun more than I like Char considering even from the beginning Char was a bit too cool for everyone else. I find Athrun's faults more endearing and to me he's never been like Char. They are alike on the surface only and even then not so much. I'd say Athrun has never had the ambition of Char and probably never will. Though Athrun at his full, non Kira-whipped potential could have been a much more like Char...sadly Fukuda decided not to do it that way~ Though I say 1) Kill Kira 2) Kill Cagalli 3) Kill Lacus - watch Athrun go crazy and take over the world. That would be ideal to me.

Though in the end I still say Athrun >> Char simply because it all comes down to personal opinion. ~_~
Old 2006-03-10, 19:20   Link #77
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
The fact that there's a contest at all makes me shake my head.

Red Comet! SEIG ZEON! \o

Last edited by tragicsmile; 2006-03-10 at 19:51.
Old 2006-03-10, 19:34   Link #78
Midnyt
Endorsed by Nodoka!~

Send a message via MSN to Midnyt
Seig Zeon! \o
Old 2006-03-10, 20:32   Link #79
AEUG
Dog of Zeon

Is this even a contest?
I don't really see any way that Char could lose this battle.
Remember, Char is 3 times as fast as anything that Athrun could throw at him.

SEIG ZEON!
Old 2006-03-11, 06:22   Link #80
monster

Well, just finished watching the fourth episode of MSG. And to be honest, even though it's a little boring right now to continue watching it because of its similarity to GS, Char alone has impressed me a little as a pilot. He's probably the only thing that'll keep me watching MSG.
Closed Thread