1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.62%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-17, 04:19   Link #661
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Requies View Post
LOL yeh I know, thats all true. But Patrick, I admit is skilled, but will always be the comic relief =].
Patrick stole all of Lockon's Luck of the Irish over the course of this series.

Quote:
And it may be an insult that if Saji were to be such a pilot, but who said he would up-stage the aces? :] I doubt it.
Well he kinda has to upstage the Aces if he was to make any sort of headway in getting revenge.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 04:21   Link #662
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Because he's an insignificant bitch that dresses in a completely stupid way that takes up valuable screentime that could be spent on cooler characters or cooler things happening than this little dipshit whining and walking around being a living example of Murphy's Law.

I hate Saji more than anyone else on the show. He's a complete loser that is more at home in other comedy series that make fun of worthless wastes of screentime than him.
To be perfectly honest, i consider the screentime Saji gets generally more well spent that seeing Graham or Daryl for the umpteenth time twitching in anger while growling "Gundam" with little variations, but thats just me.

That aside, this was a good episode indeed. Lockon proved his worth as a pilot bt overpowering Ali on equal grounds (both in Gundams) and likely would have won if not for Daryl's suicidal charge and his disabled eye. While his death scene leaves some space for doubt, i believe he is unlikely to turn up alive somewhere. They gave him a proper burial which i don't think they would have stretched out as much as they did if he was meant to come back. I also assume Exia would have picked up his floating body if it was still around on its radar, much like it did before the explosion ... though this point can well be ignored by writers for various reasons as well.

I am interested to see whats going to happen to the team once the storm blows over ... Lockon was sort of a crutch that kept all of their spirits high, so the blow must have been quite big. But since the Meisters (Allelujah aside maybe) have also become closer i am sure they will manage. Question is: who is going to pilot Dynames ? I just hope they don't bring in Lockon's twin, but i have a feeling they will.

Trans-Am looks better this episode, being a double edged sword and all. AT least it requires some tactical consideration before kicking it in to overdrive ... i just hope they will work up on this premise, instead of making it so that enemy retreats all the time before it runs out and Gundams get gimped.

Overall a very good episode, looking towards the resolution.
Old 2008-03-17, 04:25   Link #663
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
But Neil/Lockon was pissed at the world wasn't he? And Saji is fed up with the Gundams. In Saji's eyes the appearance of the gundams, CB and political climate they caused, is just as bad as situation during the solar war for Neil. I mean both are looking for revenge, but in gundam 00 saji's story is largely covered, whereas neil's is only told through flashbacks. I don't get it that for some people it is fine for Neil joing CB to mess up the world, but it would be wrong for Saji to hate the Gundams and CB. And now to expect for Lyle to replace Neil, that would be a joke.
Celestial Beings goal was to change the world and end conflict by starting conflict, ironic as it is, there goals were not to simply 'mess up the world' and their pass missions before the trinities are reflective of that. Lockon had every reason to hate the world since it was a terrorist bombing that not only killed his family, but took out other innocent people, and realising the other stuff ups the world brought, he hated the world.

Saji just hates the Gundams, and under false accusation, before he didn't mind the Gundams (the original ones) but when the Trinities came, things took another turn. This false accusation needs more clearing for him. Lockon at least found the 'root' to how the bombing started. If Saji knew the root (which was the same guy) he'd do the same thing, BUT unfortunately, he doesn't.

And neither Lockon nor Saji's story is covered. If Saji's story was largely covered, then his existence within the show is just like what many have been saying 'a waste of time', I reckon he still has a LOT more to cover up.
Auron Requies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 04:32   Link #664
Sides

Quote:
And neither Lockon nor Saji's story is covered. If Saji's story was largely covered, then his existence within the show is just like what many have been saying 'a waste of time', I reckon he still has a LOT more to cover up.
'o' EVIL.
I actually was referring to the part were both developed hatred towards something. Not their life story of course.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 04:36   Link #665
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
'o' EVIL.
I actually was referring to the part were both developed hatred towards something. Not their life story of course.
Hmmm, I see. But Saji is still falsely accusing the Gundams. IN either case, my real interest for this character is 'what is he gonna do next?'
Auron Requies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 04:38   Link #666
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
what was i again? was that jihadist crap ALI AL-SACHEZ dead? Or he's just presumed dead later?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-03-17 at 04:45. Reason: sorry this is just plain stupid to me.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 04:42   Link #667
CombiHenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
Anyway, What is 'Grain of salt' and "carry on my legacy' means as i mentioned it above?
Did some sub group use that term? "Grain of salt" comes from a latin term - it means that things should not be accepted without question or reservation, i.e. some people might have said with the earlier episodes of a fansub group, that their 'Translation should be taken with a grain of salt'.

"Carry on my legacy", means that it'll be up to others to take up what has been left behind. If someone died, and said "Carry on my Legacy", he means for the person to pick up what he left or didn't finish...

If it's not related to this episode, dude there's heaps of "Learn English" forums.
CombiHenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 04:44   Link #668
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
what was i again? was that jihadist crap ALI AL-SACHEZ dead? Or he's just presumed dead later?

ps- don't forget what is 'Grain of salt' means. I really need to know. i don't want to repeat this 10 times if you guys don't answer it to me, please. URGENTLY.
I am fairly certain Ali is still alive. There was not a proper death scene and it looked like only the lower half of his Gundam was destroyed (though i may be wrong on the later, can't check at the moment), so i believe he is alive and kicking.

As for a "Grain of Salt" ... if you mean it as a figure of speech, to take something with a grain of salt means to approach the subject with doubt / as something that has high potential of not being true / not backed by any actual facts. (Edit: geh, beaten to it)
Old 2008-03-17, 04:44   Link #669
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombiHenge View Post
Did some sub group use that term? "Grain of salt" comes from a latin term - it means that things should not be accepted without question or reservation, i.e. some people might have said with the earlier episodes of a fansub group, that their 'Translation should be taken with a grain of salt'.

"Carry on my legacy", means that it'll be up to others to take up what has been left behind. If someone died, and said "Carry on my Legacy", he means for the person to pick up what he left or didn't finish...

If it's not related to this episode, dude there's heaps of "Learn English" forums.
Yeah, Thanks for that answer. My english is so bad since i was at High School.

Anyway on the next episode preview signs for:- REVENGE FOR LOCKON STRATOS!!!
Old 2008-03-17, 05:22   Link #670
LuMiZu

Reading the other thread, reminds me I have to salute to the VAs for their wonderful work in this episode, especially for Lockon's monologue in the end.

I think many were holding their tears when they recorded the episode themselves
LuMiZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 06:24   Link #671
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am fairly certain Ali is still alive. There was not a proper death scene and it looked like only the lower half of his Gundam was destroyed (though i may be wrong on the later, can't check at the moment), so i believe he is alive and kicking.
No Way! Now all i want is, one word, REVENGE!!

ALI AL-SACHEZ IS GONNA PAY FOR WHAT HE'S DONE!!! KANARAZU!!! (yeah Double To me)

I mean Was That Jihadist CRAP went too far!? I mean After he just send Kinue (Saji's Sister) & Trinity Brother's to HELL i mean COME ON! THAT WAS TOO FAR ENOUGH!!! *you know imagine WWE's Randy Orton. He's got some balls.*
Old 2008-03-17, 06:26   Link #672
FuzzyWuzzy

K I think that Ali didn't die. He is the only one that knows who killed Saji's sister since he killed her. Plot says, everyone gets closure in Gundam series. He will most likely be paralyze or he can't use a gundam to its full potential due to his body. So he will brainwash Saji to be his arms and legs and Saji will pilot a gundam to kill the Celestial Beings. Just like Gundam Seed 2 where one of the main characters went to the Bad Guy team.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 06:34   Link #673
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Just like Gundam Seed 2 where one of the main characters went to the Bad Guy team.
You Mean Shinn Asuka, Right? Sorry, I don't Watch SEED & Destiny Before.

*Salute Music Plays. That means mourn for Lockon Stratos Death. ALI AL-SACHEZ will burn in hell for sure.*

One Word:- REVENGE!!!!
Old 2008-03-17, 07:05   Link #674
Tendou88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
K I think that Ali didn't die. He is the only one that knows who killed Saji's sister since he killed her. Plot says, everyone gets closure in Gundam series. He will most likely be paralyze or he can't use a gundam to its full potential due to his body. So he will brainwash Saji to be his arms and legs and Saji will pilot a gundam to kill the Celestial Beings. Just like Gundam Seed 2 where one of the main characters went to the Bad Guy team.
Yeah that could also happen. But it would be better if he become one of Graham's unit because graham has lost his whole squad
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 07:10   Link #675
Jeffry2009
Banned

Unhappy pressure too much to me.....

I will say speechless because i got Shocked & Depressed then i couldn't study my exam after i've been affected of the end of Lockon Stratos.

Let Me Have to say that SETSUNA GETS REVENGED TO THAT JIHADIST CRAP ALI AL-SACHEZ!!! (double to me.)

2 episodes remaining guys, you're not happy right? I'm also have a same thing too i mean i'm not happy of course!
(double to me.)
Old 2008-03-17, 07:22   Link #676
Jeffry2009
Banned

Well, I'll Be damned.........................
Old 2008-03-17, 07:38   Link #677
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

I'm split between wishing for Lockon living and dead.

For some reason, I want him dead, for "realism"....

Am I being evil for wanting that?

As for Ali: Let him live. He needs a more painful death.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 07:48   Link #678
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I'm split between wishing for Lockon living and dead.

For some reason, I want him dead, for "realism"....

Am I being evil for wanting that?

As for Ali: Let him live. He needs a more painful death.
Amen to that. A more coherent line of thought rather than using ludicrous methods like bringing him back with a mask and no memory to boot. Obviously when you like a character, you want him back, but I think a few people aren't very keen on the idea of cheapening the emotional scene of his death.

I doubt Dynames will be piloted again, though, unless you're telling me Lasse had some training in that department. Even so, it would seem hopelessly contrived.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 07:50   Link #679
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
I doubt Dynames will be piloted again, though, unless you're telling me Lasse had some training in that department. Even so, it would seem hopelessly contrived.
I would say Dynames will be piloted again. However, it's the matter of who will be the pilot. (Not adding next, in hope Lockon somehow survives)
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 08:32   Link #680
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I just had an absolutely crazy idea: What if Ali survives, but completely looses his memory?
Like waking up in the remains of a Gundam without knowing who he is, then finding out, that Gundams are supposed to belong to an organization, that wants to erradicate war... leading to the thought that he once was a Gundam Meister...

Maybe I should forget about this quickly...
With or without a bomb strapped around his neck?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote