AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-02, 07:05   Link #4521
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
Demino, was that an OC you were doing a snippet about or was it a legit character in index and I'm just oblivious to their existence?
__________________

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 07:29   Link #4522
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
A half-done character study on someone legit. I welcome anyone to try guessing

Hmm another odd idea. What if Touma wasn't human. Or more precisely, what if Touma did not exist?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 08:01   Link #4523
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
Quote:
Hmm another odd idea. What if Touma wasn't human. Or more precisely, what if Touma did not exist?
Then Hamazura and Accelerator would be the protagonists....

Next question please.
__________________

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 08:05   Link #4524
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Touma is not an actual human. Nor does he exist, more like he is a phenomenon. Much like Kazakiri he would be an AIM being. This AIM being has the ability similar to the true Imagine Breaker, however it is not actually anything like the ImagineBreaker, it is somethi far far more petty than that. Kamijou Touma is the AIM personification of all the dark side of the city. He is the coalesced despair, anger, rage and betrayed feelings of all the espers in academy city. That is why in all the times he appears before people, he is always unfortunate. His form of imaginebreaker is merely the will of the oppressed to break the strong, a unique psychic ability derived from the hundreds of thousands of AIM in the city, reverse engineered to break down abilities instead of replicate them.

Or should I say he is the collective hope of the darkside?

If you're still wondering, the last few lines are clues to her identity
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 09:19   Link #4525
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
Quote:
Touma is not an actual human. Nor does he exist, more like he is a phenomenon. Much like Kazakiri he would be an AIM being. This AIM being has the ability similar to the true Imagine Breaker, however it is not actually anything like the ImagineBreaker, it is somethi far far more petty than that. Kamijou Touma is the AIM personification of all the dark side of the city. He is the coalesced despair, anger, rage and betrayed feelings of all the espers in academy city. That is why in all the times he appears before people, he is always unfortunate. His form of imaginebreaker is merely the will of the oppressed to break the strong, a unique psychic ability derived from the hundreds of thousands of AIM in the city, reverse engineered to break down abilities instead of replicate them.

Or should I say he is the collective hope of the darkside?
. . .I'm honestly at a loss of words here. Maybe its because I've been up for almost 24 hours, but I'm seriously drawing a blank as to how to acutely say how interesting this sounds. All I can really say is just...wow.

Quote:
If you're still wondering, the last few lines are clues to her identity
Still drawin' a blank here. . .

Also, before I forget to do this later, tell me what you guys think of this introduction for the next chapter.

Spoiler for Inner Turmoil:
__________________

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 09:27   Link #4526
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Just say its interesting then?

I was doing work on Oriana Thompson, the idea was that it would eventually lead to why she chose her magic name. I believe Lorenzetti, the older nun who handles her, called her a sinner/untouchable. The elements and the colors reference the magic she wields. Unlike Birdway, her magicks are unstable and therefore primal in form so she fought like the fury of nature personified.

Please don't tell me this is a development where we learn Kuro is actually a flat-chested girl posing as her dead twin oni-chan. O.o

Sorry if I just ramble. I'm on a writing slump right now.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 09:38   Link #4527
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
Quote:
Just say its interesting then?
It felt wrong to just say 'it's interesting' when you put such thought into it. (Shrugs) I felt there should have been some courtesy than just that; but if that's sufficient then it's interesting.

Quote:
I was doing work on Oriana Thompson, the idea was that it would eventually lead to why she chose her magic name. I believe Lorenzetti, the older nun who handles her, called her a sinner/untouchable. The elements and the colors reference the magic she wields. Unlike Birdway, her magics are unstable and therefore primal in form so she fought like the fury of nature personified.
Damn, you really did put some thought into this. I probably would have never guess Oriana; with so many characters in the the series, one tends to forget at least a few of them I guess.

Quote:
Please don't tell me this is a development where we learn Kuro is actually a flat-chested girl posing as her dead twin oni-chan. O.o


Um....no. In a way though, your kinda on the right track.

Spoiler for Here's a hint:


Also, what makes you think this is talking about Kurou?

Quote:
Sorry if I just ramble. I'm on a writing slump right now.
It's fine, don't worry. d(=.=)
__________________

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 09:47   Link #4528
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Hmmm.... Dunno, guess I assumed wrong? XD

about the concept, I thought it was an interesting idea because everyone sees IB as a world/divine/final power. It felt so grand really that it was crushing me under its weight whenever I thought of a way to make it OP or give it something like an upgrade. At the same time I kept remembering how omega wanted an OP Touma. I think back further and remember that scene where Kazakiri is running through the underground rail system, how she remembers her true form and nature as a 'monster'. Finally the idea that tied it all together was the thought of an illusory hero. Because I remember reading a fic that showed Fukiyose being saved by Touma but she didn't know it was him. A hero that appears conveniently and disappears just as suddenly. Someone that appears conveniently when called upon.

The idea of making Touma the anti-Kazakiri came from Hyouka explaining how she believed Touma's ability was not esper in nature. I thought that maybe it was esper in nature, but not something integrated in her system purposely because it would harm her? So then I re-explained IB as the coalesced AIM data reverse engineered to break down supernatural phenomena.

I actually saw your first idea coming from the first time Kurou said his line, but I like curveballs. So I assumed the uber ridiculous which was something I wondered at around halfway through Kurou whining.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 10:08   Link #4529
faiz blaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Touma is not an actual human. Nor does he exist, more like he is a phenomenon. Much like Kazakiri he would be an AIM being. This AIM being has the ability similar to the true Imagine Breaker, however it is not actually anything like the ImagineBreaker, it is somethi far far more petty than that. Kamijou Touma is the AIM personification of all the dark side of the city. He is the coalesced despair, anger, rage and betrayed feelings of all the espers in academy city. That is why in all the times he appears before people, he is always unfortunate. His form of imaginebreaker is merely the will of the oppressed to break the strong, a unique psychic ability derived from the hundreds of thousands of AIM in the city, reverse engineered to break down abilities instead of replicate them.

Or should I say he is the collective hope of the darkside?
The notion is interesting, but it has its issues. The most blatant one being that, under this context, his Imagine Breaker shouldn't be able to negate Magic. AIM-based powers don't interact well with magic power-based ones after all (just remember that Accelerator cannot reflect Magic. Shield yes, but not reflect).
__________________
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 10:15   Link #4530
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
But ImagineBreaker has always been about negation anyway/breakingdown supernatural phenomenon. Its the same case with magic. This AIM based IB will be less effective against say ST. George's dragon's breath but it does what it has to
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 10:26   Link #4531
faiz blaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
^.....You realize that you're forcing your argument, right?
__________________
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 10:33   Link #4532
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Nay.

You already said it yourself. Accelerator's reflect did not work, instead it shielded him. In this case, the AIM based IB has the ability to break down supernatural phenomena. The effect may not be exact, but it will still work to some extent.

Another thing to note, esper abilities do not work well with magic abilities because esper abilities lack rules that magic has while the opposite also applies. With this logic, accelerator only shields the spells because he is only partially reflecting the vectors his powers can control/are aware of. Similar case for this AIM IB since it breaks down what it can and whatever is left of the spell will either shoot through or fizzle.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 12:11   Link #4533
Exthiel
A Romaticist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Deep City
There's also the fact that if IB is still about negation, then shouldn't he delete himself? Like how Hyouka pointed out that if IB is an esper power she would have been instantly deleted(dat paradox)?
__________________

Last edited by Exthiel; 2013-09-02 at 12:31.
Exthiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 13:43   Link #4534
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Touma is not an actual human. Nor does he exist, more like he is a phenomenon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
about the concept, I thought it was an interesting idea because everyone sees IB as a world/divine/final power...
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
But ImagineBreaker has always been about negation anyway/breakingdown supernatural phenomenon...
I suggest you read about Objective Alice from Kamachi's novel A Simple Monitoring, or at least re-read about chraracters such as Aiwass or Fraulein Kreutune before proceeding further because, as it is, your concept is good, but only in accordance with AC, not the TAMNI universe as a whole.

And actually, IB is not that special, it may just be Earth's Reset Button, it's on which principle it works that is interesting.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 14:41   Link #4535
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Okay, I have a new fanfic idea. You need to know about the LN, Kanojo Ga Flag O Oraretara, to understand it though.

Because of something in the Imagine Breaker, Touma can see flags. As in Victory flags, death flags, plot movement flags, friendship flags, and especially romance flags.

He tries to keep this a secret because he absolutely knows that Aogami would do everything in his power to kill him for not using the ability willingly or take away the ability.

This Touma would be less dense because he knows when girls actually like him because he sees the romance flag on top of their head.

I think this would be a good humor fic idea.

What do you people think?
__________________
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 15:13   Link #4536
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Okay, I have a new fanfic idea. You need to know about the LN, Kanojo Ga Flag O Oraretara, to understand it though.

Because of something in the Imagine Breaker, Touma can see flags. As in Victory flags, death flags, plot movement flags, friendship flags, and especially romance flags.

He tries to keep this a secret because he absolutely knows that Aogami would do everything in his power to kill him for not using the ability willingly or take away the ability.

This Touma would be less dense because he knows when girls actually like him because he sees the romance flag on top of their head.

I think this would be a good humor fic idea.

What do you people think?
lol, I love this story. Together with ore wa ga heroine...

This would be a good crossover fic.

as for the story that I plan to write. I still don't have that much inspiration/sparkle/motivation to actually write. But you see in LN thread that I can write and it goes haywire if there is a good stimulus that makes me write.

For now, I'm still reading fanfic and novels and see if I will get that spark to actually write.

Actually I have the spark but I don't know how to get it done or rather the plot is jumping too much and I can't get a consistent story.

I don't know if I want a Touma which is like Kiritsugu or a Touma that is still Touma.

I just wanted a much gray or jaded Touma as for a fic.
__________________
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 15:23   Link #4537
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Oh ho? I was actually thinking of another fic idea that could give Touma a Freudian Excuse to be jaded and cynical. This is an idea that I stated earlier in this thread.

Touma is stuck in a Time Loop. He's been through it so many times that he's jaded, cynical, and just about not caring anymore. He's already mastered his abilities and learned so many new things that it's not even funny anymore.

Point is: Touma's doesn't care anymore.

But something deviates from the standard type of loop. Touma knows that deviations happen that land him in an AU, but this time is different.

Someone else gets stuck in the Time Loops and Kamijou has to teach them the ways of the time looper.

This character can be any one of the more optimistic or idealistic characters. They're shocked at Touma's cynical behavior and try to get him back to how he used to be.

Touma's sense of humor is a bit .... different. He prefers to screw with people's heads by doing completely shocking or nonsensical things. Or twisting words that confuse people.

Is that a good way to make a cynical Touma or no?

I even have this little fighting style planned for him. His fighting style is like Walter C. Dornez from Hellsing. Razor sharp wires manipulated by his fingers. Funny thing is: He stole the wires from Kanzaki after curb-stomping her.
__________________
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 15:25   Link #4538
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Okay, I have a new fanfic idea. You need to know about the LN, Kanojo Ga Flag O Oraretara, to understand it though.

Because of something in the Imagine Breaker, Touma can see flags. As in Victory flags, death flags, plot movement flags, friendship flags, and especially romance flags.

He tries to keep this a secret because he absolutely knows that Aogami would do everything in his power to kill him for not using the ability willingly or take away the ability.

This Touma would be less dense because he knows when girls actually like him because he sees the romance flag on top of their head.

I think this would be a good humor fic idea.

What do you people think?
I say: go for it. I myself actually had a similar idea, but it was with Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, with Kodaka being able to see flags, and a multi crossovers with eroges and dating sims such as Amagami, Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!, and School Days, among others. The basic idea was ''What if Kodaka became the protagonist of a dating sim and is aware of it (in a way)?''

I lost motivation along the way

Last edited by allfictions; 2013-09-02 at 15:40.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 15:38   Link #4539
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
What about the time-looping idea? Is that valid, too? I just want to see Touma jumping around with razor wires.
__________________
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 15:38   Link #4540
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Oh ho? I was actually thinking of another fic idea that could give Touma a Freudian Excuse to be jaded and cynical. This is an idea that I stated earlier in this thread.

Touma is stuck in a Time Loop. He's been through it so many times that he's jaded, cynical, and just about not caring anymore. He's already mastered his abilities and learned so many new things that it's not even funny anymore.

Point is: Touma's doesn't care anymore.

But something deviates from the standard type of loop. Touma knows that deviations happen that land him in an AU, but this time is different.

Someone else gets stuck in the Time Loops and Kamijou has to teach them the ways of the time looper.

This character can be any one of the more optimistic or idealistic characters. They're shocked at Touma's cynical behavior and try to get him back to how he used to be.

Touma's sense of humor is a bit .... different. He prefers to screw with people's heads by doing completely shocking or nonsensical things. Or twisting words that confuse people.

Is that a good way to make a cynical Touma or no?

I even have this little fighting style planned for him. His fighting style is like Walter C. Dornez from Hellsing. Razor sharp wires manipulated by his fingers. Funny thing is: He stole the wires from Kanzaki after curb-stomping her.
Screwing minds just like Archer and show them who's the boss. I like it

for steel wires. I also plan to use it in a naruto fic because steel wires or chains are much more malleable than sword. While sword gives badass/gar feel. A proficient user of steel wires would be cutting you down before you even can get near. Plus it can also be use on defense and offense with minor range.

Have you read/watch Basilisk? I'm sucker for that kind of ninja while I think most of the ninja in naruto are idiots well except for Itachi. I respect him.

Time loop is cool too but I prefer if he wants to save someone and not stuck on it. Just like steins gate or madoka.
__________________
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.