AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana S OVA 4 Rating
Perfect 10 9 28.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 34.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-06, 20:20   Link #21
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

A very good episode, I'd say this was probably the best of the 4 S OVA episodes and gave us a great view on how Shana thought and acted before meeting Yuuji and the fight part was pretty good with Shana being awesome as always, but that was some teaser they left off with at the end, I hope that means III will be next year. Anyways I'd give this episode a 10.
MAL
Old 2010-10-06, 22:14   Link #22
king12354

Interesting episode, I wonder what happened to Yuuji.
Old 2010-10-07, 01:13   Link #23
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Question regarding Fuuzetsu: We've seen Ukobach (the featured Crimson Denizen) unleash a Fuuzetsu and only the truck was affected; what's weird is that the truck kept on moving. Is the application of a Fuuzetsu in this episode canon?

Also, (shameless plug), we need more people in editing the Shakugan no Shana Wiki. Anyone who has information regarding the Light Novels or at least anyone who has info on Shakugan no Shana can join.
http://shakugan.wikia.com
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-10-07, 03:16   Link #24
Elf song

It is canon. I can confirm that.

As I understand, not many Denizen use this kind of Fuzetsu. I don't know why, but it is not a complicated spell so even someone as weak as Ukobach could use it. The other one who uses this movable Fuzetsu in the series is Nitika, a Denizen appears in Zoetrope. So it's certainly canon.
Old 2010-10-07, 07:56   Link #25
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

what confused me was the fact that objects in the real world were getting destroyed, is this because they were destroyed in the fuzetsu and since its in constant motion the damage remains unrepaired when the area of effect is gone?....god that thought is scary considering the destruction we see inside fuzetsus during the series lol
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-10-07, 08:05   Link #26
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That's another weird show of metaphysics here.
I thought objects inside a Fuuzetsu are completely isolated with the outside world. But maybe it's only because we usually see objects in suspended motion whenever we are shown objects inside a Fuuzetsu. So this means that objects inside a Fuuzetsu can still interact with the outside world.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-10-07, 08:46   Link #27
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
what confused me was the fact that objects in the real world were getting destroyed, is this because they were destroyed in the fuzetsu and since its in constant motion the damage remains unrepaired when the area of effect is gone?....god that thought is scary considering the destruction we see inside fuzetsus during the series lol
I guess that is the most appropriate explanation for this incident.
The objects fell inside Fuzetsu's area, got hit, and then thrown off to the normal dimension which made them unrepairable.
Old 2010-10-07, 15:53   Link #28
king12354

I remember Flame Hazes being able to restore objects destroyed in the Fuzetsu so what happens in this case? It's a little bit confusing.
Old 2010-10-07, 15:59   Link #29
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
I remember Flame Hazes being able to restore objects destroyed in the Fuzetsu so what happens in this case? It's a little bit confusing.
There was probably not a clear supply of Power of Existence for the Flame Haze to repair the damage that was caused during the incident, remember Shana always used Yuuji's Reiji Maido's infinite amount of PoE to fix the damage caused. Since Yuuji is not around, she could not find a clear source to use.
Old 2010-10-07, 16:04   Link #30
Deathscyther

Quote:
Once an object leaves the Fuzetsu, it cannot be restored anymore.
Old 2010-10-19, 03:56   Link #31
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I felt the episode was moving really slow. And then the bad guy wasn't very impressive either. He wasn't supposed to be, but I couldn't really feel any tension.

But regardless, the entire story is excellent. It sorta goes back to the original concept of the series where you'd ask "If I disappear, does nothing I do matter?" A seemingly meaningless gesture on something that doesn't matter, causing a little bit of happiness in people that won't remember it anyways-- was it worth the bother? To a certain flame haze, maybe it did. I'll give this episode an 8, and maybe 7.5 for the whole OVA series. And in any case, these are things I'd love the anime to touch upon more.

And here's to season 3. No more triangle nonsense, please!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-10-19, 16:39   Link #32
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I felt the episode was moving really slow. And then the bad guy wasn't very impressive either. He wasn't supposed to be, but I couldn't really feel any tension.

But regardless, the entire story is excellent. It sorta goes back to the original concept of the series where you'd ask "If I disappear, does nothing I do matter?" A seemingly meaningless gesture on something that doesn't matter, causing a little bit of happiness in people that won't remember it anyways-- was it worth the bother? To a certain flame haze, maybe it did. I'll give this episode an 8, and maybe 7.5 for the whole OVA series. And in any case, these are things I'd love the anime to touch upon more.

And here's to season 3. No more triangle nonsense, please!
Dont worry about the triangle if the third season follows the light novels
Old 2010-10-19, 19:19   Link #33
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I'll take your word on it.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-10-24, 07:57   Link #34
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

This ova was really good . Poor couple , i feel bad for the guy ..

Anyway what with the cliffhanger ending omg need a Season 3 guys ...

Quote:
Interesting episode, I wonder what happened to Yuuji.
I think that he's controlled by the bad guys or something like that , brainwashing etc....
Old 2010-10-24, 15:53   Link #35
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I think that he's controlled by the bad guys or something like that , brainwashing etc....
Well its sorta like that... Trying not to spoil it....
Old 2010-10-24, 19:45   Link #36
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Does anyone know what happened to the existence of Oogami Junko?
Was she forgotten by Yukio or Shana manages to replicate a natural death for Junko?

Old 2010-10-24, 22:59   Link #37
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Was she forgotten by Yukio or Shana manages to replicate a natural death for Junko?
she probably has the ability to release the existence she has taken, thats been my bet this whole time
Old 2010-10-25, 03:15   Link #38
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
forgotten, by the looks of it. he failed to recognise the bracelet he bought for her after all.
Old 2010-10-25, 04:21   Link #39
alvinkhorfire

Shana had definitely released the existence of Oogami Junko, thus Junko did not exist anymore. Everyone else, including her mother, should have completely forgetten about her, I think. The only exception is Yukio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
forgotten, by the looks of it. he failed to recognise the bracelet he bought for her after all.
Sorry to say that I do not agree with you. The way he cried after the bracelet was given to him suggests that he still vaguely remembered Junko. In my theory, the bracelet and the gemstone (the one dropped out of Junko's hand in the beginning of Episode 3) seem to contain a small portion of her existence. With this bracelet in his hand, Yukio could still roughly remember her.

Again, this is my opinion. Feel free to correct my mistake.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2010-10-25 at 20:42.
Old 2010-10-25, 10:10   Link #40
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

The way I see it, he was crying because even though he no longer remembered her, subconsciously he still had a sense of loss with Junko's existence gone which made him cry. In the end he didnt even know himself why he was crying.
Closed Thread