AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-19, 10:28   Link #1
ninja_pintu

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Anouncement

With Director of Gintama behind this and cast including Sugita Tomokazu, this is going to be my most aniticipated anime of next season
Old 2011-10-19, 10:46   Link #2
Kakkou
Tch.

Average character designs but a very attractive cast we've got here:

Tadakuni: Irino Miyu
Hidenori: Sugita Tomokazu
Yoshitake: Suzumura Kenichi
Bungaku Shoujo: Hikasa Yoko
Ringo-chan: Yuki Aoi
Tadakuni's sister: Takagaki Ayahi
Motoharu: Namikawa Daisuke
Karasawa: Ono Yuki
President of the student council: Ishida Akira
Vice President: Yasumoto Hiroki
Mitsuo: Okamoto Nobuhiko
Yanagin: Kobayashi Yu
Habara: Yukana
Ikushima: Saito Chiwa

The trailer looks like it'll be more towards comedy and certainly seems fun. I like the banter between Irino, SuzuKen and Sugita's characters there. Definitely worth checking out when it comes around.

Also, in before numerous "Hopefully this one will be about real high school boys acting like how real boys do and not girls etc. etc. etc." spiel.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 16:39   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spiel on:

With Takamatsu Shinji directing - as the director of "School Rumble", he knows something of the male HS experience -I'm optimistic that this will actually do what Kimi to Boku clearly isn't trying to, be an authentic exploration of HS life for guys.

Trailer:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 17:23   Link #4
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
"Hopefully this one will be about real high school boys acting like how real boys do and not girls etc. etc. etc."
It's like you have telepathy!
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 17:25   Link #5
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Truth hurts.
Old 2011-10-19, 17:26   Link #6
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ok - count me in for this one.
Old 2011-10-20, 00:58   Link #7
Kakkou
Tch.

Had a quick read of the manga and I can see why the director of School Rumble and Gintama is on this. Looks like a purely gag comedy manga (Heck the first page of chapter one looks like this ) and with only about 10 pages per chapter I doubt it'll ever go any deeper than that.

Nevertheless, this is ought to be something fun to watch in between the more serious shows next year, especially with the fun voice cast they have lined up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spiel on:

With Takamatsu Shinji directing - as the director of "School Rumble", he knows something of the male HS experience that I know of -I'm optimistic that this will actually be an exploration of the HS life for guys that I am willing to acknowledge.
Fixed it for ya.
Old 2011-10-20, 11:33   Link #8
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Had a quick read of the manga and I can see why the director of School Rumble and Gintama is on this. Looks like a purely gag comedy manga (Heck the first page of chapter one looks like this ) and with only about 10 pages per chapter I doubt it'll ever go any deeper than that.

Nevertheless, this is ought to be something fun to watch in between the more serious shows next year, especially with the fun voice cast they have lined up.

Fixed it for ya.
Whatever, Dude. The thing that amazes me about some anime fans is that they don't just want shows that match their interests - they don't want there to be shows for people with different tastes. Is diversity really that scary?
Old 2011-10-20, 12:20   Link #9
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Whatever, Dude. The thing that amazes me about some anime fans is that they don't just want shows that match their interests - they don't want there to be shows for people with different tastes. Is diversity really that scary?
Perhaps I never made myself clear on this but my problem on this subject has never had anything to do with the fact that the show didn't match your (and others) expectations or tastes but the simple fact that apparently only your version of how male high school students act is authentic and the other is unrealistic and a story that features characters who don't act the way you're used to clearly means it isn't a true portrayal of male high school students.

Anyway it seems whatever I wrote in the other thread was not read so I won't bother anymore. It was silly of me to have done so in the first place.
Old 2011-10-20, 13:54   Link #10
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hahahaha and Sunrise answers all the girly school life shows with a show about boys school life. They totally want a slice of the rest of the otaku pile, I think I called it right with the trends started with Horizon and to a lesser extent Sacred Seven.

This is all mildly amusing and I almost have to take this as a semi-jab at the trend, but can this profit with the girls? Wonder if and how this plays out any differently then the myriad of cute girls doing cute things in school shows on account of being all male casted.

Also lol at people in the linked thread summarily deciding the show sucks cause it's not the actual Nichijou, but then deciding it's tolerable or something cause of the voice cast. Oh MAL......could you possibly be any more superficial, knee jerk and trivial if you tried over there. It's almost pitiable...almost.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 14:44   Link #11
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kaisohin, if anything I take hope for this series not so much because of the cast as Takamatsu Shinji is directing. This is someone who's showed they can handle comedy with a certain amount of style and a pleasantly rough edge.

If anything, I think Kimi to Boku can be seen as following the same trend as shows likes Horizon and Sacred Seven - on paper, at least, this looks like it's trying to be more than just a copy of those series. I'm not especially thrilled with Sunrise being the studio because I think most of their shows over the last year have been mediocre (with T & B the largest exception) and I'm not hoping this show is fabulous - we already have plenty of fabulous. My hope is that source material, director and cast overcomes studio influence in this case.
Old 2011-10-20, 15:20   Link #12
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Kaisohin, if anything I take hope for this series not so much because of the cast as Takamatsu Shinji is directing. This is someone who's showed they can handle comedy with a certain amount of style and a pleasantly rough edge.

If anything, I think Kimi to Boku can be seen as following the same trend as shows likes Horizon and Sacred Seven - on paper, at least, this looks like it's trying to be more than just a copy of those series. I'm not especially thrilled with Sunrise being the studio because I think most of their shows over the last year have been mediocre (with T & B the largest exception) and I'm not hoping this show is fabulous - we already have plenty of fabulous. My hope is that source material, director and cast overcomes studio influence in this case.
That seems to be the popular opinion of Sunrise (I personally think it's an internet trend that pushes people to hate on the company and it's shows more than the true reality of the situation though), however I've been really keen on them as I've ever been, mostly thanks to their quality OVA and Movie work though as opposed to TV, which just hasn't been all that strong in general for any company lately up until this year IMO. Then again I'm a pretty old school fan who is big into mecha and what not where you seem to be from the more recent crop of people that are big on slow paced shows with a laid back feel sometimes bordering on lackadaisical IMO so it's no small wonder you wouldn't find much to like in Sunrise stuff when you and many others frankly just don't seem to get where the appeal is with studios like Sunrise or what it is they bring that I feel so many other studios frequently fail on. Namely making shows that are actually interesting for people that aren't necessarily big on the sort of stuff that's really really popular in internet anime forums right now. They're among the only companies that seems to give two damns about the kind of anime I'm interested in so of course I'll keep supporting them.

Anyway, the staff is always key however and they do tend to bring strong staff as of late which I think is what is helping them get a bit more back on track with their TV material. As soon as I heard the Gintama director was involved I figured it was Sunrise behind the show and low and behold. In any case that all but guarantees the production values will be good.
Old 2011-10-20, 17:40   Link #13
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That nonsense about "recent trends" and "the sort of stuff that's really popular on anime forums" is a pretty laughable argument, when you look at the post traffic for shows like Sacred Seven, Horizon and Star Driver vs. "lackadaisical" shows like Ikoku Meiro, Usagi Drop and Chihayafuru. But whatever - if it makes you feel better to belittle people who disagree with you, that's your right.
Old 2011-10-20, 18:02   Link #14
Kirarakim

I only thought School Rumble was so so. It was fun at first but it became repetitive for me after awhile so the director doesn't make this a must see for me.

However I am not ashamed to admit that I am totally going to give this a chance for the seiyuu cast alone.

Granted that's not the best reason to watch an anime...but it has worked for me before (Saiunkoku Monogatari).

edit: I never saw Gintama, I know that is a very beloved series so I just want to clarify my opinion on the director's work is not taking Gintama into account. Plus my problems with School Rumble might have stemmed more from the source material.
Old 2011-11-11, 01:50   Link #15
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

The promo/ pre-airing episode is out guys!!
and that's very hilarious!!!!

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 04:43   Link #16
Kakkou
Tch.

Eh, is this the format they'll be doing the anime in or is this exclusively for the pre-airing special only? Well I suppose a series of short 5-6 min eps works for a manga like this with such a short page count per chapter.

The skirt skit was fun. I liked it as much as I did when I read it. Their casting choice definitely helped a lot. Miyu Irino is a good butt monkey XD. Literature girl skit was okay too, mainly cause of hearing Sugita reciting that long monologue.
Old 2011-11-11, 10:54   Link #17
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

If its anywhere near as good as School Rumble, it my end up as one of my favorites next season. I just hope it isn't like Kimi to Boku where they do absolutely nothing.
Old 2011-11-11, 11:12   Link #18
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
If its anywhere near as good as School Rumble, it my end up as one of my favorites next season. I just hope it isn't like Kimi to Boku where they do absolutely nothing.
You won't have to worry, Kimi to Boku is a sedated slice of life with a light blend of comedy while Danshi Koukou is more of a boisterous gag series made of short skits. They're as different as night and day.
Old 2011-11-23, 11:40   Link #19
Dop
Mmmm....

The skirt skit was very predictable, but that didn't stop it being hilarious. It does look like a knockabout comedy to look out for.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 15:00   Link #20
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Not outstanding comedy, but actually got a few chuckles out of me and was kind of amusing (can see the Gintama in it for sure), which is better than most. What I noticed most of all though is that it's like they're going for the actual humour and punchline as opposed to just something cute, crazy and random, which will probably make a huge difference going forward.

Tags
comedy, satire