AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-15, 03:43   Link #461
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Nanoha's victories against Fate were entirely about new skills.

However, while we got to see that she had definitely been working to improve herself after her defeats, the original season never "wasted" time showing us the training.

Likewise Arf's improvements under Yuuno's teaching.
Exactly, tell me how many times Nanoha and Fate have battled against each other onscreen since Season One xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 05:12   Link #462
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Indeed.

Rather than AMF or Eclipse effects, it would have been nice for our heroes to face something like the Nightmare Factory from the Battle Fantasia megacrossover.

Hit our heroes where they're weakest without actually taking away the power that makes them magical girls. Also puts the emphasis and screentime on character development rather than training episodes.

This would have been a good enemy to follow after the Book of Darkness incident, and would have been a much more appropriate time for Fate to have her Lotus Eater Dream.
Not having read this fic, what does the nightmare factory entail, exactly?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 13:17   Link #463
Sunder the Gold

A fortress maze that splits up the party and subjects each member to their worst nightmares or attempts to capture them within illusions.

Nanoha faces a Shadow counterpart of herself right out of Persona 4, which leaves her a crying wreck. Vita saves her from whatever would have happened next.

Signum is the victim of a four-step plan. Get her to kill monsters attacking "Hayate", have "Hayate" call her a monster for killing the friendly creatures who were actually trying to help her, have "Hayate" forgive Signum, and then cause Signum to see all of her real allies as monsters trying to hurt "Hayate" (since they can tell it's really a fake that's controlling Signum). The shame, relief and fear keeps Signum from TRYING to figure out the illusion.

The factory's not infallible, though, and miscalculated with Vita. Possibly because her mind was a "paradox of childishness and mature experience", and it didn't know how to break such a thing.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 18:13   Link #464
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ah, total mindrape season then. Mreh, not my taste. I don't mind a bit of mindrape in a season if used properly, but building an entire season out of it... no, I'd easily pick anti-magic over that.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 18:15   Link #465
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It might work if it had A's amount of episodes, but not StrikerS' length...
Old 2012-01-16, 04:17   Link #466
Key Board
Carbon

Battle Fantasia is not a real crossover game, AFAIK. It's just a series of parody flash mobies

Unless you're talking about Battle Moon Wars, but that one didn't have Nanoha either
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 05:41   Link #467
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Battle Fantasia is not a real crossover game, AFAIK. It's just a series of parody flash mobies

Unless you're talking about Battle Moon Wars, but that one didn't have Nanoha either
The Battle Fantasia they're talking about is the collaborative multi-crossover fanfic over at Spacebattles, not the animated flash vids.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 14:26   Link #468
green-link94

There are new trailers up on youtube if anyone hasn't seen them yet.
green-link94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 14:40   Link #469
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Liking Vitas voice acting there.

And Yukari Tamura saying "Zaa movie secondo A's" is just too good.
Old 2012-02-04, 14:46   Link #470
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Looks like they're working better on making expectation xD

...doubtful by i wonder if we gonna get a Zafira commercial xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-04, 23:00   Link #471
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Backgrounds look great.

There's really nothing else to say about the trailer though. Not impressed with the music selection, but short previews are short previews.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 05:55   Link #472
green-link94

New short trailer.

green-link94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 06:02   Link #473
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

HELL YEAH! Zafira VS. Arf xD!

Signum have a more mature look here, thin Laevatein looks good in his sheath xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-10, 20:04   Link #474
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post

Signum have a more mature look here, thin Laevatein looks good in his sheath xD!
Don't worry; they just made Signum much cooler so she'll seem like an even stronger opponent, only to get beaten by Fate this time around. We can't have Signum actually winning fights ya know.

Just kidding-- the universe isn't conspiring against Signum like that. Though maybe Tsuzuki is.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-02-10, 20:08   Link #475
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Please don't egg him on, even as a joke. ._.
Old 2012-02-10, 20:35   Link #476
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Now, now, this is about A's, all of those rants that could be bad shouldn't be in here anyways; I mean Akiyoshi no ill will; contrary to popular belief he indeed has a sense of humor and can view the issue in a funny manner.

Furthermore, by imagining the worst that could happen, you won't be disappointed in the end! Unfortunately that's how I approach matters. For example, I was indeed preparing for the worst for Shana III and almost saw that franchise as dead, indeed but eventually was more pleasantly surprised. By viewing the bad things in a humorous light, it just makes the better things even better if they do happen.

I don't think anyone could possibly imagine such a TWEEST could happen. I may call Tsuzuki a hack, but he isn't as bad as M. Night Shyamalan.

But it's okay. Faith manages.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-02-10, 21:48   Link #477
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Don't worry; they just made Signum much cooler so she'll seem like an even stronger opponent, only to get beaten by Fate this time around. We can't have Signum actually winning fights ya know.

Just kidding-- the universe isn't conspiring against Signum like that. Though maybe Tsuzuki is.
LOL, well it won't be that rare to see that actually happen. It's movie format so people is expecting something more awesome and as such Fate being a main character probably have more chances of coming out victoious this time(people wouldn't want to pay movie tickest just to see Fate gettin beaten xDU).

Apparently Tsuzuki wants a sense of balance now so probably Signum won't be as overpowered as she was in the original A's anime.

As you said, i'm avoiding to take the movie seriously and only expecting a good show. Signum and Fate's battles on the A's anime were very spectacular and i want to see that being topped here xD.

Then the match of the Millenium: A's Signum VS. MOVIE 2nd Signum xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-10, 21:54   Link #478
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
LOL, well it won't be that rare to see that actually happen. It's movie format so people is expecting something more awesome and as such Fate being a main character probably have more chances of coming out victoious this time(people wouldn't want to pay movie tickest just to see Fate gettin beaten xDU).
Well, I don't know about you, but Fate winning or losing isn't gonna change my appreciation of her. And I'm not even her top fan. I am a true fan though. But yea fear the MC powers. XD

Quote:
Apparently Tsuzuki wants a sense of balance now so probably Signum won't be as overpowered as she was in the original A's anime.

As you said, i'm avoiding to take the movie seriously and only expecting a good show. Signum and Fate's battles on the A's anime were very spectacular and i want to see that being topped here xD.

Then the match of the Millenium: A's Signum VS. MOVIE 2nd Signum xD!
If they wanted to balance it, they should have nerfed Nanoha. Although speaking of gameplay balance and Signum vs Signum, I'm reminded of fighting games, especially Street Fighter, where you could pit different versions of the same character against each other. And time for a Movie A's fighting game eh?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-02-10, 22:05   Link #479
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Being overpowered is one of Nanoha's basic character traits xD!

The Signum VS. Signum thing is kind of like King of Fighters 98 where you have two versions of certain characters like Kyo(94-95 moveset & 96-97 moveset) xD!

Still, i'm glad to see in the new trailer that the movie will include Arf VS. Zafira fight xD! They anihilated an entire block on the A's anime. Wonder how much hot-blooded awesomenes they're going to unleash in the movie xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-11, 15:01   Link #480
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Performing the "combat" manuever I hate the most.

It doesn't have a name, so far as I know. It's related to the Air Jousting and Single Stroke Battle tropes. (Well, it IS an Air Joust, but it could technically be performed on the ground.)

It's not that these tropes can't be done well, but that they're so frequently used as a way to do things POORLY that I'm getting sick of them.

StrikerS was especially bad at lame Air Jousting. Creating motion in a fight so that it looked like Vita and Zest were fighting, but they were just body-slamming each other without the least bit of thought, strategy or skill.

I WOULD further complain that you never see fist-fighters charge each other for a single strike and continue on past each other... But then, fist-fighters rarely have the power to achieve so much speed that the energy FORCES them to keep on traveling past their target.

Even so, surely it's not a good idea, when someone is flying at you with a fist cocked, to meet their punch with the same trick.

At least try to juke to the side and punch them from another angle as they pass, rather than catching all of their momentum with one of the most fragile parts of your body.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote