AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-29, 16:22   Link #2801
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Ah, I know exactly which TNG episode you're talking about. It's the one where the Yamato blew up. A deserted planet once had an alien race with the technology to travel different parts of the galaxy via these "doorways". And what was left over also sent out probes -- that often rewrote ships' software.

I'd say: Lynn can override the probe's software -- and overwrite it -- before it can affect any of a ship's computer system. In boss-mode. Then she'd take the doorway and hook it up so that she can head over to Jenny's place anytime she wants.
The solution was found via Data (android). An AI like Data could have countered the Iconian virus.

Newer Starfleet ships like the Prometheus class needs a signature/certificate before a program can be run. The Interpid Class like USS Voyager also operates via signature/certificate.

Anyway, if other pirates are jealous of Ben10's license, other pirates has the option to kidnap and force Marika into marriage.

Last edited by encia; 2012-05-29 at 18:19.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 16:33   Link #2802
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

This group seemed fairly intent on just killing her. Though I wonder how they would know she was flying in the race. She basically asked for a dinghy in the last five or so minutes before the race started.

Unless they guessed she would be flying as a respresentative of her high school yacht club (which they would be incorrect). They were looking for her earlier with the club girls.
Old 2012-05-29, 16:44   Link #2803
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Perhaps there are other Tomato Bisque Soup guys that Kana didn't find that are spying on Dark Queen Chiaki's future mate.

Endless "Speculative" Soul
Old 2012-05-29, 16:48   Link #2804
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ok ... caught up to ep 20 last night. I have only one word for the series thus far....

GREAT!

Old 2012-05-29, 17:01   Link #2805
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Future Mate... (First Mate? )

Well at least Marika will be with a winner....

Though she still has the option of a designer princess...and a Cheater with style Princess. Because Hilde could tell who would win and tagged along.

One day, Chiaki will have the option to have her own ship and Letter of Marque to go with it. Will she take her own, or ride with Marika to the end of days? (Chiaki seems to be "the rival" that really isn't a rival...so she might take her father's letter when he dies and use it to build up Marika's pirate fleet. Perhaps by then Jenny would have taken over from Harold Lloyd as the main company that deals with pirate insurance. Or foud her own way to be "Admiral of the Pirates" with her own company forces.)
Old 2012-05-29, 17:27   Link #2806
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
One day, Chiaki will have the option to have her own ship and Letter of Marque to go with it. Will she take her own, or ride with Marika to the end of days? (Chiaki seems to be "the rival" that really isn't a rival...so she might take her father's letter when he dies and use it to build up Marika's pirate fleet. Perhaps by then Jenny would have taken over from Harold Lloyd as the main company that deals with pirate insurance. Or foud her own way to be "Admiral of the Pirates" with her own company forces.)
There is another option, unless someone also murders chiaki's dad, he does not look like he is kicking the bucket any time soon, so he might be on the "Go with Marika and bring me a grandson (or a dozen) who might one day attempt to take the barbarrusa from my hands *insert loud laughter*" camp.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 17:44   Link #2807
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is also a possibility, as we can't guess how long people live normally in this future.

Marika's mom looks like she hasn't changed since her pirating days and that had to be at least 17 years ago given Marika's age as a second year high school student. Though she might have been a pirate while much younger, if that space suit they gave Gruier was her's.

Though it would be fun to see what Chiaki's mom looks like.
Old 2012-05-29, 18:31   Link #2808
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
My humble opinion is that she in no waif (no pun intended) but quite the oposite, otherwise chiaki's dad would have break her in two in the process of making chiaki
Old 2012-05-29, 18:35   Link #2809
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is what makes me curious.

Ai!

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=27563480

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-05-29 at 20:29.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 21:17   Link #2810
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I have several questions (thank you in advance to those I reply):

Chiaki's father is still his service means that Chiaki does not have its own letter of marque it? But why in episode 10 she is a pirate captain? Yes it will be the next captain of the pirate barbarusa but for now it's not really a Captain aprend infact it? His father had left the command of Barbarusa (in episode 10) so that it "is training"?

His means that Chiaki will not really in danger because Chiaki as Marika has no letter of Marque?

Quote:
I too would like to see what it looks like his mother, I guess ... that Chiaki looks like her mother ... So it must be beautiful
Old 2012-05-29, 21:34   Link #2811
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Chaiki does not have a Letter of Marque. Her father does. In episode 10, they are taking the place of the Bentenmaru in an effort to throw off their employer (likely Hilde) that wants the Barburosa to search for the Golden Ghost Ship....and destroy anyone in their way (which would have been the Bentenmaru). Since Chiaki already knows Marika has a contract from one princess to find the ship, the Barbarosa is likely being contracted to prevent them from finding it. So to make it look like the Bentenmaru is still doing "Piracy" the Barbarosa is placing Chaiki as Marika when they raid.

Chiaki's father is likely still onboard, and is Captain of the ship. But it play like they are the Bentenmaru...they need a young female captain to stage the raid. Chiaki can do that (very well in fact).

It is unknown if it is common knowledge that Chiaki is a pirate's daughter. It don't suspect someone would try to kidnap her to get at her father.
Old 2012-05-29, 21:39   Link #2812
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Considering this is anime, I wouldn't be surprised if Chiaki's mother looks a lot different from her either. I mean, many times in anime, children can look NOTHING like EITHER parent, lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 21:42   Link #2813
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

So if I understand it in episode 10 the Barbarusa merely replace Bentenmaru in work because Bentenmaru could not work due to her research ship's ghost ... uh this is in the episode he said that information? I can not remember ^ ^ "

Quote:
Considering this is anime, I wouldn't be surprised if Chiaki's mother looks a lot different from her either. I mean, many times in anime, children can look NOTHING like EITHER parent, lol.

Marika looks like her mother, so I doubt that I Chiaki looks like her mother ... no? xD does not break my dream, saying that the mother will not look like Chiaki is what I think! LOL that is: beautiful, brown ... maybe physically they will be similar but its mainly I think at the personality they will be different Chiaki being a tsundere mother will probably be a gentle and open hihihi
Old 2012-05-29, 22:01   Link #2814
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We don't know what Marika's father looked like.

The liner's crew were saying the Bentenmaru was the one raiding them and that they had a new female pirate as captain. And that there hadn't been one since Marika's mother stopped pirating. But the ship outside is the Barburosa and the "Pirate Captain" that comes out is Chiaki. She is even wearing Marika's pirate outfit.

Chiaki told Marika in the previous episode about the contract her father had gotten to go after the Ghost Ship. Chiaki also knew that Marika has been quietly contracted to find the same ship. To the point where the Yacht Club was going to make it look like Gruier was with them on a cruise. It seems likely that Chiaki's father decided to continue this plot by making it look like the Bentenmaru was still doing its normal jobs. This leaves Marika and Gruier to head out without many people knowing about it. Even if they spotted the Bentenmaru, they would suspect it to the the Barburosa until they spot the transponder, or Gruier starts communicating directly with the Serenity forces. Marika even mentioned that no one knows there are out there, and she wanted to keep that Gruier was onboard a secret until they needed it.
Old 2012-05-29, 22:06   Link #2815
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ha ok so the agreement Barbarusa Chiaki and her father just lend a hand to Marika?
Old 2012-05-29, 22:12   Link #2816
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

@Ithekro That image is plain beatiful.

I will be very disapointed if someday they show Chiaki's mom and she does not have that huge caboose chiaki has *^_^*
Old 2012-05-29, 22:13   Link #2817
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Seems that way. Both Pirates with Letters of Marque that we know of seem to help each other out. Perhaps it is a tradition from the war some 120 years ago. It isn't like they are stepping on each other's business since with so few of them around, there would be plenty of jobs in a Galaxy wide area. Both ships came to the Yacht Club's rescue (or was that the rescue of the Lightning 11 from Marika's Solar Beam?), though that's more that both the Bentenmaru's potental future captain, ship's doctor, and helmsman were onboard, and the Barburosa's Captain's daughter was onboard.

The image is also by Matsumoto (not Leiji, but another one)
Old 2012-05-29, 22:15   Link #2818
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I will be very disapointed if someday they show Chiaki's mom and she does not have that huge caboose chiaki has *^_^*
caboose? I do not see what you're talking about? er (my understanding is zero at this point xD)

Quote:
though that's more that both the Bentenmaru's potential future captain, ship's doctor, and helmsman were onboard, and the Barburosa's Captain's daughter was onboard.

board the Barbarossa? this episode was how it xD in 10? if so how you recognized them?
Old 2012-05-29, 22:22   Link #2819
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
caboose? I do not see what you're talking about? er (my understanding is zero at this point xD)
The part of her anatomy under the volleyball.
(Yes this is suppose to be Chiaki...with a ponytail...in a swimsuit from Marika's high school...carrying a volleyball. and in sunglasses)

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=27564202

(also by Matsumoto)

Quote:
board the Barbarossa? this episode was how it xD in 10? if so how you recognized them?
I'm talking about episode 5 when the two ships rescue the Odette II.
Old 2012-05-29, 22:24   Link #2820
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Literally speaking, a caboose is the very last car on a train. Figuratively speaking, it's slang for a girl's rear end. He's basically saying that Dark Queen Chiaki has a large butt (which I somewhat disagree with, but to each their own).

Endless "" Soul

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri