AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-03, 18:30   Link #1021
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'll tell you what the real problem is- No fast traveling and repetitive combat.

The enemies are probably just made up of reskins.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 18:42   Link #1022
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Emi didn't like the story much, so she didn't bother to do any side missions, which made the final fight doable (and shaved off 25 hours getting there), but when the Final, Final Boss appeared, she actually didn't have any MP left and had to switch out to other party members to survive.

I've played too many RPGs.
Well at least it's not a surprise battle.
*Beat final boss 1st form
*Final boss unveils 2nd form
*Beat final boss 2nd form
*Final boss unveils 3rd form
*Beat final boss 3rd form
*Final boss unveils 4th form
*Barely beat final boss 4th form
*Final boss unveils 5th form
*Barely barely beat final boss th form
*Sigh of relief since it seems to be over
*Final boss unveils 6th form
*Slams head against wall. Throw game controller. Cry.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 18:46   Link #1023
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

*cough Resident Evil 6 cough*
Old 2013-05-03, 19:34   Link #1024
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
I think it's basing on the fact that sincere, positive emotion are much scarcer than stress, despair, fear etc negative emotion among human, in this world at least.
Yeah, would seem that way. Lot easier to drive people into panic then make them all cheerful and happy.

That earlier scene did seem to reflect that she could recharge through being around positive emotions. Though I suppose if we're talking like that then all she has to do is hang around Chiho and all that love power should max her out in no time . Though since she didn't recharge until she was in the bath does it mean more that it's about Emi's own emotions? If she becomes happier herself she'll actually get closer to where her power used to be?
Old 2013-05-03, 19:47   Link #1025
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
If she becomes happier herself she'll actually get closer to where her power used to be?
That would actually be hilarious if that was the case. To get more power, the happier she is supposed to be. But to be happier in her case, is to be with Maou. But Maou is the one who killed Father, so she feels she shouldn't be happy with him. LOVE the dilemma.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 20:17   Link #1026
Shadow5YA

Am I the only one who thought Emi drew some power from Chiho in that episode?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 20:18   Link #1027
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Am I the only one who thought Emi drew some power from Chiho in that episode?
I thought she was placing a barrier around Chiho so she wouldn't get in hurt during the battle.
Old 2013-05-03, 20:20   Link #1028
Somnus
Eh?

Hilariously fantastic episode, so many GREAT moments.

Maou definitely lives up to his name. From an RPG standpoint, this isn't a typical comparison to a lvl 99 character. That's Emi. No, no, Maou gets a different title. He gets the "Final Boss" moniker. You definitely need that party of 4 to take out this man, and I love it. It's about time those ridiculous stats are held by a side that the audience follows!
Old 2013-05-03, 20:21   Link #1029
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I thought she was placing a barrier around Chiho so she wouldn't get in hurt during the battle.
You're probably right. I didn't think of that.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 20:30   Link #1030
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I'm really interested in learning more about Maou's past and exactly why he wanted to take over the world, even willing to kill many people in the process. It just doesn't seem like it's part of his personality.
Old 2013-05-03, 20:32   Link #1031
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I'm really interested in learning more about Maou's past and exactly why he wanted to take over the world, even willing to kill many people in the process. It just doesn't seem like it's part of his personality.
I've said it before, but I maintain the theory (which has been backed up yet more in the most recent episode) that Maou was less driven by evil and more driven by a desire to rule the world and be a good leader to his people. Demons are still people who need to be cared for and guided, although a bit more bloodthirstily. Maou was just being the best darn overlord his people could ask for.
Old 2013-05-03, 20:36   Link #1032
s07195
However,

Best episode yet. And Maou changed into his Final Boss form, and then Final Final Boss form. Why do all final bosses do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I wanna use this one.
Old 2013-05-03, 20:49   Link #1033
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Best episode yet. And Maou changed into his Final Boss form, and then Final Final Boss form. Why do all final bosses do that?
Because Final Bosses have standards...
Old 2013-05-03, 21:06   Link #1034
Sakanaka Shouko

Alsiel is just..great. He's the best character by far.
Old 2013-05-03, 21:51   Link #1035
Kirarakim

Chiho really grew on me this episode. I like that she learned the truth and got mad when Maou tried to erase her memories. I still highly dislike the ending montage of her though (it just doesn't fit at all). The new opening is very nice however.

I enjoyed this episode but I kind of like the comedy moments more than the battle scenes so this episode wasn't necessarily a favorite, but as far as battle episodes go this still had plenty of laughs and great moments.

I especially always love the moments between Ashiya and Maou. They are a great double team.
Old 2013-05-03, 21:51   Link #1036
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I've said it before, but I maintain the theory (which has been backed up yet more in the most recent episode) that Maou was less driven by evil and more driven by a desire to rule the world and be a good leader to his people. Demons are still people who need to be cared for and guided, although a bit more bloodthirstily. Maou was just being the best darn overlord his people could ask for.
Much like with Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, the "demons" here aren't extra-dimensional Eldritch Abominations. They're more like Aliens, in the strict sense. Each side kills each other and there's really little moral difference between the sides. (Remember, they've already shown Emilia standing over a burning field of slaughter. Her hands aren't exactly clean in this either)

So if you think of the other world more in terms of something like Macross or a Star Trek episode, it seems to make a lot more sense. Even most of Maou's thinking/actions here. (He lost and he's in a new world, why does he want to go back and "play again"? There's a different, less deadly form of conquest available on planet Earth)

The only bit that's truly fantasy is a part of Maou's character. Aisel's as well. Power corrupts; Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely. (Lord Acton, talking about Historians, no less) Few really grasp what real power does to a person's thinking. He shows no signs of the process that will take naive, ideological 18 year olds and turn them into wanton murders, without a single hint of empathy left in them. (Few of the Communist dictators were truly of the "thug" variety, as they needed the personal appeal that limits the rise of a Thug.) So, that's the "fantasy" aspect of it all.

Now, you can make an argument that since he's a demon, it doesn't work quite that way, and I think that's a good way to take the story. Especially since Power acts more like an intoxicant or drug than most realize. It's the reason a dictator won't take exile, in most cases, even when angry mobs are attempting to find and slaughter him. (Being one of the richest men on the face of the Earth, just in exile, isn't enough for them. Think about that.)
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 21:55   Link #1037
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Much like with Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, the "demons" here aren't extra-dimensional Eldritch Abominations.
Extra-dimensional Eldritch Abominations aren't all that bad either!
Old 2013-05-03, 22:23   Link #1038
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Much like with Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, the "demons" here aren't extra-dimensional Eldritch Abominations. They're more like Aliens, in the strict sense. Each side kills each other and there's really little moral difference between the sides. (Remember, they've already shown Emilia standing over a burning field of slaughter. Her hands aren't exactly clean in this either)
Well, that's also what we people were doing for about a few thousands years ...

We learned a good lesson today.
Don't make war, make fries.
Old 2013-05-03, 22:54   Link #1039
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post

Nobel Peace Prize material right there....
Old 2013-05-03, 22:56   Link #1040
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post

Agreed.

Looks like they are staying for the time being. Let's see what wacky hijinks will they get themselves into now.

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work