AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-29, 16:44   Link #201
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
It certainly does. The anime made me realize how stupid and ridiculous my group was in high school, and I wasn't wrong. After being introduced to this show, all of us having a blast laughing about how similar those guys are to us.
True enough. Then again, stupid as it may be, those stuff would still make a wonderful memory in the long run. Reminiscing on those good times with friends and laugh together about it is a pleasant experience. XD

It's probably one of the reasons why I like this show. I can relate to the characters, and it constantly reminds me of the stupid acts that I've done along with my friends. Others may have looked down upon us or gave us strange looks, but hey, the most important thing was that we had fun without seriously harming anyone around us. Furthermore, it was great a bonding moment at the same time. lol. I'm sure it's like that too for some of you.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 17:36   Link #202
DorkingtonPugsly

I can't wait for the new characters, although I don't really have to wait too long since I just watched this (LATE) and the new episodes tomorrow...guess that's a good thing.
Old 2012-01-30, 10:44   Link #203
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmaKarma View Post
I can't wait for the new characters, although I don't really have to wait too long since I just watched this (LATE) and the new episodes tomorrow...guess that's a good thing.
As long as the new characters are girls, im also looking forward to them. Im pretty fine with the guys, we have atm.
Old 2012-01-31, 02:02   Link #204
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Episode 4... For a slice-of-life comedy series about highschool boys, it feels like any skit with highschool girls make everything just a little better Especially when said girls have their stereotype impression of boys destroyed

...Plus it's not everyday you get to see girls getting pwned in comedy I'm almost certain this episode would get people laughing as much as the first one did

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-01-31 at 02:34. Reason: typo
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 07:53   Link #205
Peanutbutter

Oh boy, that scene at the hall in Ep 4, my gawd! Oh my guts...
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 09:58   Link #206
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

If only my school had such things as cultural festivals. Well maybe it did but it was at an extremely small scale compared to Japanese schools.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 10:12   Link #207
Kyouka
Is Here

pirate girls with cat ears with eye patches but the other eyes are missing to!
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 10:16   Link #208
monir
cho~ kakkoii

How good was episode 4, eh!!!! *wipes tears*
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 11:00   Link #209
larethian

I love that last part of Episode 4, what Karasawa did and the girls' reaction was really LOL!!
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 11:25   Link #210
monir
cho~ kakkoii

That was hilarious indeed. The haunted house bit had me rolling too.
Spoiler for episode 4 specific:

The one after in the reception desk was just as hilarious. He had the last laugh!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 11:48   Link #211
com_gwp

Karasawa, why you so awesome? the BGM line and Candy had me cracking up so bad.

Also, Nago is such a FemBro.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 12:33   Link #212
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
That episode was better than episode 3 if anything. The fact that every members of the student council, but the prez, are thug faced, it would be like if Leonard Testarossa was the student council president of Onizuka's former highschool or Cromartie High. And then the haunted house bit, and the boy high prez's trolling. Finally, Nago being a Bro, and that bit after the ED.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 14:12   Link #213
HandofFate

Even though he doesn't seem to be in the main cast of boys, Karasawa is my favorite, he gets such great lines, and his actions are so cool. From his "You have good eyes, here sit" to throwing the candy.

I like how all the cast of characters, girl or boy, are somehow connected someway given a few degrees of separation.
Old 2012-01-31, 14:45   Link #214
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ok ... that was funny, and I mean REALLY funny.

And what a great job by Aoi Yuuki as the female school president - she really went to town with her VA'ing it seems, and somehow I could even feel the fact that she was grinning from ear to ear and desperately trying not to laugh the entire time.

The deadpan conversation was also exceedingly funny - as well as the culmination in transferring the blond delinquent looking character to sit next to "madame deadpan".

Must admit that I enjoyed seeing the girls get "pwned" for a change, but maybe that's just b/c I am a male?

Really. Such an excellent ep. Oh - and we actually got to see the eyes of some of the girl characters too.

8.5/10 vote for ep 4 from me.
Old 2012-01-31, 15:21   Link #215
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I found episode 4 to be the funniest to date, the whole concept and execution of it was comedy gold. The boys school leaving a much better impression than the girls school, the "delinquent stare" when the girls stormed their council room, the "job switching" - it had me rolling all the way through. This is how you do comedy, the first show to make me laugh as much as I did since Seto no Hanayome.
Old 2012-01-31, 15:42   Link #216
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Late comer to the series, it's been awhile since i last so hard. Too bad it's such a short series. I could relate to quite a lot of the situation since i spent quite a few years in an all boys school myself.
Old 2012-01-31, 16:28   Link #217
Hiro Hayase

The student council president has the same VA as Katsura from Gintama/Athrun from Gundam Seed. That was a plus for me.

The job switching scene was hilarious and Yoshitake had the last laugh in the end. That was the best haunted house I have seen in a school anime to date.

Karasawa is now my favorite character, he's such a crafty guy lol. "Can you play some BGM." - lol and throwing sweets at the girls after the ending song. Priceless.
Old 2012-01-31, 16:38   Link #218
com_gwp

^Ishida Akira, most famously know for Kaworu in Eva. He's always playing the snarky bishi.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 17:15   Link #219
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The number of legendary seiyuu in this episode is just preposterous. It's like a voice-acting Hall of Fame ceremony.

I normally get suspicious when shows like this have too much "plot", but this mostly worked for me. I especially loved the sequence with Yoshitake and Ikushima acting as greeters for the culture fest - that was so on-the-money it was scary. The whole episode beautifully satirizes the gap in understanding between high school boys and girls, and makes a very effective argument against single-gender high schools.

Again the "HS Girls are Funky" bit was priceless. Kobayashi Yuu and Saito Chiwa in berserker mode? Sign me up - and then when Karasawa - their perfectly deadpan foil - threw the chocolate... Oh, my.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 17:43   Link #220
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

So many curve balls dropped in this episode... in a very good way.
Yet another hilarious episode, with so many jabs left and right, along with witty 4th wall breakers around (Girls complaining about boys' series, until being tamed with... Pocky? )

And I agree Karasawa is a force to reckon in this series. As much as I would have liked to part of the main protagonists group, it is perhaps better for him to be in the sidelines and pull -the- ice breaker on the best moment possible (the BGM and nice follow after that student council struggle were gold ).

The preview looks quite promising as well.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-01-31 at 18:13.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, satire