AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-10-24, 06:15   Link #1
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I found something at 4chan, there is no confirmation if true or not. But, read at your own peril.

Spoiler for story spoiler, perhaps:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-10-24 at 10:00.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 06:15   Link #2
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Gundam AGE - Spoilers & Speculation

The purpose of this thread is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation of the Gundam AGE anime series, but be warned since it may contain unmarked spoilers. Having a central location may help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads.

Acceptable post topics
  • Personal theories, speculation, guesses and such. No spoiler tags required.
  • Posting magazine previews (such as from Animage). Spoiler tags required.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-24 at 22:36.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 08:44   Link #3
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I found something at 4chan, there is no confirmation if true or not. But, read at your own peril.

Spoiler for story spoiler, perhaps:
That would be the worse twist ever
Old 2011-10-24, 08:53   Link #4
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
That would be the worse twist ever
terminator meets star trek meets gundam???

This becomes rediculous...at best...

I want a new 8th MS team series, no psycho garbadge, no mega super suits, no weird light!
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 10:37   Link #5
Appel

well that sounds rather lame... it makes no sense at all
Spoiler for UE:
and sounds rather ridiculous. but we will have to wait and see how it actually works out :T
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 10:43   Link #6
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Why are we using spoilers in a spoiler topic?

You can't just hand over information like that... the concept is, in a sense, forcing the evolution of technology to evolve and adapt to threats so that when an even bigger one comes in the end, you're ready.

Also, initial posting violates said spoiler thread rules... ergo delete? LoL...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 11:01   Link #7
GundamFan

Sounds like a really bad plot twist however given what the Zedas did in episode 3 passing up on easy clean shots on both Diva's bridge and the Age gundam it seems like it could be true.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 11:05   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
You can't just hand over information like that... the concept is, in a sense, forcing the evolution of technology to evolve and adapt to threats so that when an even bigger one comes in the end, you're ready.
I kinda agree. It's pretty much like the story in SRW/SRT Original Generation 2. Only, in SRW OG 2, the one(s) that force the 'techno-evo' isn't from the future but from another parallel world and also from outer space. Hey, maybe the makers of AGE just played SRW OG 2 on GBA and use the idea from there.

So, the UE is basically some good-willed terminators ? That's......cool.
Old 2011-10-24, 12:20   Link #9
casval cehack

From the japanese text (via GundamGuy), Yurin was cyber newtype from the future, sent to Flit's time to punch out the ultimate coordinator/innovator.

I guess the first episode of the 2nd arc would be Asem dyeing his hair blond...if it is true. With 3 episodes aired out of 50 something, Level 5 could easily add a gundam tournament midway and render the supposed leak moot.
Old 2011-10-24, 13:32   Link #10
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So if it actually happens I assume people are going to bitch regardless of how the story actually leads up to such a point or what kind of wrinkles there are to such a scenario. I won't be tricked into following that sort of self-destructive path however, I'm going to watch this by the episode and see how the story is delivered and judge based on that. Can't really judge any sort of spoiler without seeing it potentially in action and certainly can't let it cloud ones expectations either. That would just be the worst kind of folly.

No plot twist is inherently bad, it comes down to execution and timing, gotta keep that in mind. I remember when we used to get spoilers from several episodes down the line in Code Geass, Gundam 00 and Tiger & Bunny and people would instantly start complaining about them cause there was literally no context for them based on what was happening at that point in the story and they seemed bad, silly and story ruining without the proper lead-up to bridge the gap between what was happening in the story then and what might be coming. However after seeing the actual context of the spoiler events they would usually make perfect sense and yet JUST cause the spoilers happened the way they were supposed to and JUST cause people hadn't been expecting them at the time cause they thought they were fake when they were leaked people still freaked out. One of the silliest most self-destructive to one's own enjoyment type of deals I've ever seen.

So yeah my advice would just be to watch the show and take any leaked spoilers in stride. Not worth worrying about this sort of thing.

And yeah Deacon is right, that kind of falls under the whole "Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted." clause.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 13:48   Link #11
Sides

Quote:
Have some spoilers stolen from ADTRW.

Major design docs for Gundam AGE were PURPORTEDLY leaked by a disgruntled Level 5 staff member to 2ch, and they contain some substantial information about the identity of the UE.
Someone inside Level-5 leaking info, I really doubt it. I know that level-5 is doing the RPG game, but i cannot see someone from that staff leaking this kind of information that could potentially damage the relationship between namco-bandai and level-5. Besides Level-5 are not an animation studio. Those are my doubts, but I could be proven wrorng.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 13:52   Link #12
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Leaks like this are not unprecedented--it happened in Code Geass at least twice and once in Gundam 00. I do find it suspicious that we got such a leak at the very start of a show...
Old 2011-10-24, 14:10   Link #13
Sides

Not doubting leaks, these it happens, but form inside Level-5 does sounds fishy, considering they are not actually involved with TV series. The story is penned by Hino and they are doing the game, but I cannot see someone inside level-5 being "disgruntled" about the story or work. If the leak was from sunrise or one of the other animation studios, it would be more believable. Unless of course it was Hino himself leaking it.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 14:30   Link #14
DV04

I guess I'm one of the few that like this idea =[
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 16:56   Link #15
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
I guess I'm one of the few that like this idea =[
I guess I'm one of the few ones that don't really care cause I actually wait to see how things unfold in a show rather than worrying about spoilers.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 17:06   Link #16
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
well that sounds rather lame... it makes no sense at all
Spoiler for UE:
and sounds rather ridiculous. but we will have to wait and see how it actually works out :T
Because it's more than technology. You need to harden the pansie Feddies into battle-hardened killers.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the "leak", since the UE creatively pushing humanity to spur them out of peaceful ennui has been the leading theory since before the first episode started, so it'd be a prime topic for anyone who just wanted to stir things up with a fake "leak".

I would be sorely disappointed though if the UE really do turn out to be robots. One of the themes that has served Gundam well for 20+ years is having villains you often feel closer to than the actual so-called heroes. Gonna be hard to emulate if the UE are nothing but automatons.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 17:14   Link #17
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
lol, are we really taking random posts from 4chan seriously?

It sounds like a troll from someone with a bone to pick with Age, to me.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 17:56   Link #18
brightman
Ancient Member

The whole idea that the UE are there to spur technological development makes sense and has been speculated before... However, that spoiler sounds like something 2ch would make up, considering how everybody there thinks that Level 5 as a whole is working on this show.
Old 2011-10-24, 18:13   Link #19
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I gotta be honest, time travel in Gundam....is a turn off for me. Aliens, sentient machines, whatever, is all good with me. But not time travel, it's not because I think it'd ruin Gundam, it's just I dislike the overall topic itself. Time travel is nothing but plot holes and what have you. So I'm really crossing my fingers that it doesn't come true and it's all just a big lie.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 18:26   Link #20
Appel

Quote:
I gotta be honest, time travel in Gundam....is a turn off for me. Aliens, sentient machines, whatever, is all good with me. But not time travel, it's not because I think it'd ruin Gundam, it's just I dislike the overall topic itself. Time travel is nothing but plot holes and what have you. So I'm really crossing my fingers that it doesn't come true and it's all just a big lie.
yeah its true. time travel has been done to death and it usually introduces a TON of plot holes very easily. there are a few instances where it has been done well but i kinda doubt it in this case :P
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote