AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-19, 22:19   Link #3021
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

They could blow it off as some kind of possesion or something if they didn't feel like doing several dozen flashbacks. If they did so however I would send a very well though out and organized letter of complaint...with a bomb.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 23:21   Link #3022
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
They could blow it off as some kind of possesion or something if they didn't feel like doing several dozen flashbacks. If they did so however I would send a very well though out and organized letter of complaint...with a bomb.
Let's hope that bomb is capable of causing an explosion large enough to show that the complaint was worth it
Old 2011-01-20, 22:41   Link #3023
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
I don't think that they would do that. If they have brains, which I am sure they do have, then they would normally leave fans on a cliff-hanger so then More people would want to watch it. They probably won't put in the fight scene straight away because in the long run, they would lose fans with all the flash backs. But if they are able to build up more suspense then they would get even more viewers and stuff like that. IMO.

If they don't think like this then I am completely wrong.
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 01:47   Link #3024
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
I don't think that they would do that. If they have brains, which I am sure they do have, then they would normally leave fans on a cliff-hanger so then More people would want to watch it. They probably won't put in the fight scene straight away because in the long run, they would lose fans with all the flash backs. But if they are able to build up more suspense then they would get even more viewers and stuff like that. IMO.

If they don't think like this then I am completely wrong.
J.C. Staff excels at leaving cliffhangers on their animes, so we will defiantly not be left with a fight scene straight away like you said. They probably will take things slow at first and build up perspectives based on the sneak preview from episode 4 of the S OVA. Then they will eventually lead up to where they teased us and move on then. The only thing to worry about is if they take too long getting through things that the fans will eventually be "bored" of it. But there's not really that much material to go off from before the bridge battle for them to take way too long. The only problem which all of us probably know is if they take too long with the flashbacks that it will bore us, but if they speed it up we will be left out from what the Flame Hazes they introduced have about themselves.
Old 2011-01-24, 01:18   Link #3025
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I got the feeling that the season isn't going to start at the bridge scene. Maybe that's the middle part of it, and they showed it to us sothe fans start building up theories about which happened to Yuuji while they show the whole process that took him to the dark side. As I know, SnS season got 2 halfts separated by the openings, maybe the first one will end up in the bridge scene and then the second one starts with the whole fighting.
Old 2011-01-24, 06:44   Link #3026
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
I got the feeling that the season isn't going to start at the bridge scene. Maybe that's the middle part of it, and they showed it to us sothe fans start building up theories about which happened to Yuuji while they show the whole process that took him to the dark side. As I know, SnS season got 2 halfts separated by the openings, maybe the first one will end up in the bridge scene and then the second one starts with the whole fighting.
Since season 2 lead off exactly when Yuji disappeared after the Christmas event, there are only gonna be a good 1-2 episode takeups before the bridge scene. So unless they decide to put in all the flashbacks of other Flame Hazes in that spot "before" Shana's capture, then it will be quite bad. Besides, if they go with mid-part of the season with just getting to "novel 16s" bridge battle when there are 6-8 more novels to bring out... Season 3 will leave fans in disappoint.
Old 2011-01-24, 16:46   Link #3027
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Then hell i don't know what's on the J.C. Staff's mind. They skipped the whole story and started at the best part, that's sure cool but only because we know which happened. The fans that can't access to the Light Novels or information is gonna lost for sure and will get fastly dissapointed after the whole fight end, because they won't understand what just happened
Old 2011-01-24, 18:09   Link #3028
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Then hell i don't know what's on the J.C. Staff's mind. They skipped the whole story and started at the best part, that's sure cool but only because we know which happened. The fans that can't access to the Light Novels or information is gonna lost for sure and will get fastly dissapointed after the whole fight end, because they won't understand what just happened
Don't worry if the anime adaptation stays true to the novels, if it does then it will easily and slowly explain things before the bridge scene battle. But due to the Anime Original endings they seem to have a habit of making, and some Anime Originals in Season 2, it may effect Season 3's development quite a bit, so they will defiantly add Anime Originals in season 3 in my speculation.
Old 2011-01-25, 02:44   Link #3029
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

How many novels they gotta cover? For the rumours i heard, it's a huge ammount of events, people say that is imposible to get them on only 24 episodes. That's where the 4th season rumour gets out, but even when I wish it so much, they already said that this was the end of SnS. Will be a sad day for sure ):

Last edited by SkyFlames; 2011-01-25 at 14:07.
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 16:21   Link #3030
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
How many novels they gotta cover? For the rumours i heard, it's a huge ammount of events, people say that is imposible to get them on only 24 episodes. That's where the 4th season rumour gets out, but even when I wish it so much, they already said that this was the end of SnS. Will be a sad day for sure ):
I thought it was clarified that season 3 was going to be the last season they are going to do with Shakugan no Shana? The wait was going to be until the last novel was out, or that's where most of our thoughts went about.
Old 2011-01-25, 20:53   Link #3031
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I know it's the last season, I just said that the material to cover is too big for just 24 episodes, there i heard rumours of a season four but I don't belive in them, this season got the strongest part in the whole story and if it must end there. Just wanted to know how many novels they got to adaptated to the anime exactly :P
Old 2011-01-25, 20:57   Link #3032
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I know it's the last season, I just said that the material to cover is too big for just 24 episodes, there i heard rumours of a season four but I don't belive in them, this season got the strongest part in the whole story and if it must end there. Just wanted to know how many novels they got to adaptated to the anime exactly :P
I heard "Novel 22" was part 1 of the finale of the 3 for this. So they will have to animate up to 8 novels in just one season. But they would have done better in season 2 if they hadn't cut out alot to get a more basic view of Yuuji, so I believe they will be atleast... Alright if they go with how they did with season 1. Or maybe the Anime Originals basically decided how J.C. Staff is going to end this.
Old 2011-01-25, 21:08   Link #3033
Blutsauger

Not another Anime Original ending JC! NO! Stick to the Novel's storyline just for the last season. ONEGAI!
On another topic, I wonder what OPening and Ending theme songs they will use.
Old 2011-01-25, 21:18   Link #3034
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
Not another Anime Original ending JC! NO! Stick to the Novel's storyline just for the last season. ONEGAI!
It's merely a speculation, but judging how they made 2 Anime Original endings already, why stop there? They did the same with Zero no Tsukaima season 3. The Anime Original added in the series alone is enough to influence the entire development of season 3...

Quote:
On another topic, I wonder what OPening and Ending theme songs they will use.
Already being discussed in the Music Thread.
Old 2011-01-26, 06:06   Link #3035
elleinad00

Quote:
I'm going to be DISAPPOINTED/MAD if J.C Staff won't stick with the novel......
elleinad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 15:17   Link #3036
Dark Wing

We can only hope right? but we still have the SnS manga
Old 2011-01-26, 16:35   Link #3037
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Maybe the finale of the novels is more like a last fight, confession and it ends there, as most of the animes (I'm talking about the clasic "happy" ending) and they are gonna add something more as what happened after in the Yuji and Shana relationship or something like that, i don't think it can be so bad.

Off topic, is there any posibility to Shana to get back to human? Like if Alastor dyes or if she rejects her job? Because I think (pure speculation..) that this is gonna end with Alastor fighting SnH in some way...
Old 2011-01-26, 20:13   Link #3038
Flere821
Lurker

Is there any point of Shana going back to human though? Yuji is a mystes that's practically immortal anyway unless someone snuffs him out, and if Shana goes back to being human Yuji will be the one that might outlive her.

Assuming Yuji doesn't get erased by the time the series is over, that is.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 20:36   Link #3039
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Is there any point of Shana going back to human though? Yuji is a mystes that's practically immortal anyway unless someone snuffs him out, and if Shana goes back to being human Yuji will be the one that might outlive her.

Assuming Yuji doesn't get erased by the time the series is over, that is.
I thought he can still age if he was a mystes, but he does have a torch so he could actually be immortal. So you are pretty much on the spot on why would Shana go and be normal?

Quote:
Off topic, is there any possibility to Shana to get back to human? Like if Alastor dyes or if she rejects her job? Because I think (pure speculation..) that this is gonna end with Alastor fighting SnH in some way...
Shana is too invested in her job as a Flame Haze, and still pursues being one despite the fact she has the fight the one she loves. I'm not quite sure she will merely reject the job. I also believe there is a side effect to the Flame Haze if their Crimson Lord dies in the process, so we don't want to see what happens without any past examples (if anyone can kindly provide one). But I'm sure the fight between Alastor and Snake is inevitable, probably with Shana using Tenpa Jōsai

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-01-26 at 20:48.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 00:03   Link #3040
Blutsauger

But, With Tempa Jo-sai, Does that erase everything? Including SoF? If it consumed him?

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen