Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-17, 12:01   Link #241
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
@UPR -- 2:1 odds Reika demands to be included in the bed "to protect the morals of the school".
The outlook for shungo getting a good nights sleep anytime this century isn't looking so good.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-10-17, 13:19   Link #242
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Its actually kinda weird that i dont mind him sleeping with both girls...gotta hand it to him for displaying an "innocent" and honorable personality ^^

now where is mawari when you need her

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-17, 13:37   Link #243
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I've only watched one episode, but the style of the ending reminds me of Gundam X's, with the preview as part of the ending. Although it doesn't quite invoke the same feeling in me. I think I'll be following this show at least for a little while longer.
Old 2007-10-17, 14:02   Link #244
UPR

Quote:
@UPR -- 2:1 odds Reika demands to be included in the bed "to protect the morals of the school".
or the "morals of the bed, between two unmarried people"
Old 2007-10-17, 14:28   Link #245
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
The outlook for shungo getting a good nights sleep anytime this century isn't looking so good.
That isn't necessarily a bad thing though.
Old 2007-10-17, 17:15   Link #246
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well sleep deprivation might lead him to put some more girls (I won't say innocent since I can't imagine many of them are) into arm locks. .

Shungo is a pretty good guy so he wouldn't intentionally do anything. Though we've already seen his resistance in that bed get pushed. Well I guess tossing in another girl could make it an interesting night.

On a side note Mawari probably would handle that situation quickly. Grab the whistle and go .
Old 2007-10-17, 17:35   Link #247
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Shungo is a pretty good guy so he wouldn't intentionally do anything. Though we've already seen his resistance in that bed get pushed. Well I guess tossing in another girl could make it an interesting night.
I don't know. If anything, i think Reika would get a sleepless night from lying next to him So far his reactions towards anyone besides our local moeblob have been zero. I don't think it is going to be much different with Reika. One reason he is attracted to Mayu might be her succubus power, but i am willing to bet it has to do with their childhood as well. We know there is a promise, and it is not hard to imagine what that would be. So while the hamster in his brain has yet to catch on, he might be subconsciously drawn to her because she is the girl from his childhood. (Heck, i am willing to bet the promise they made back then is where his strong views on relationships and such come from )
Old 2007-10-17, 17:53   Link #248
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
One reason he is attracted to Mayu might be her succubus power, but i am willing to bet it has to do with their childhood as well. We know there is a promise, and it is not hard to imagine what that would be. So while the hamster in his brain has yet to catch on, he might be subconsciously drawn to her because she is the girl from his childhood. (Heck, i am willing to bet the promise they made back then is where his strong views on relationships and such come from )
Well, yeah -- I think we can definitely put two-and-two together on this one. Combine the childhood promise, the kiss scene from the OP, her dream (of being with the one she loves for the rest of her life), and his attitude about relationships (his blushing when she shared her dream was telling)... As you said, I think it's safe to suspect that...
Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2007-10-17, 21:38   Link #249
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
It's more interesting to have himself become more modest and considerate, rather than the cliche must droll over girl version of it ^_^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-10-17, 22:29   Link #250
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If ya'll are paying attention, its also clear there's some childhood connection between Reika and Shungo as well that the baka doesn't remember. She's got that little trinket and keeps making with the unfinished sentences.
Old 2007-10-17, 23:18   Link #251
Calawain
Gaijin

Then she'll ask us if she needs to teach us the rules of society....
Old 2007-10-18, 00:38   Link #252
Lecrew

Send a message via ICQ to Lecrew Send a message via MSN to Lecrew
Quote:
If ya'll are paying attention, its also clear there's some childhood connection between Reika and Shungo as well that the baka doesn't remember. She's got that little trinket and keeps making with the unfinished sentences.
Very true, the part where Shungo's childhood was defending her by those kids.

I wonder, if the necklace that was on his hand is a clue or something like that?
Old 2007-10-18, 02:08   Link #253
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Eppie 3 was the first episode that I really enjoyed. A lot of that has to do with...

Spoiler:

Also, it got its ED finally, and it's a rather nice one.

Old 2007-10-18, 02:51   Link #254
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Eppie 3 was the first episode that I really enjoyed.
Oh wow - for some reason I had gotten it in my head that the whole show was switching to Fridays (Saturday mornings) permanently on TVQ. But this makes more sense. I'm looking forward to giving it a look for myself.

And yeah, that ED is... haha, well, it's definitely on the silly side, but it works. Dances are so in! (as if we couldn't already tell ) Art looks a bit more crisp and defined than normal episode content, and the animation seems a bit smoother -- all good things. The look on Mayu's face as she jumped on Shungo at the end was just too cute.
Old 2007-10-18, 05:32   Link #255
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
There is that indeed - quite possible those kids tried to take that pendant away from her (got to wonder if it wasn't because of her being a spoiled rich brat )back then, but Shungo to the rescue. I believe most of us are aware of this, but the reason it is not being mentioned probably has to do with the moeblob being a much more likable appearance (and the fact this was, probably, the only brief encounter they shared, opposite to what was going on with Mayu, so nothing much to talk about )
Old 2007-10-18, 08:10   Link #256
kevin13
Disabled By Request

This weird fanservicy thing. I hate being teased. I'll keep at it though for a bit, see if the story goes anywhere.
Old 2007-10-18, 09:12   Link #257
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
I totally agree hes not getting a good night sleep for a long time. Again i feel bad yet in some way so jealous of him. Coming home everyday from school should prove to be quite exciting.
Old 2007-10-18, 11:24   Link #258
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, silly little ED --- but there's a fair amount of going 'off-model' in it and just some anatomical problems. The concept is silly funny sexy though.
Moe-blob seems to have the most trouble with being drawn inconsistently.
Old 2007-10-18, 11:27   Link #259
Dr1ft3r
Suspended In Shadows

anyone know how many episodes there are?
Old 2007-10-18, 13:31   Link #260
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I found the end to be quite defined service yea but not one which it too over the top - and i like the nice touch they did by lip syncing mayu and reika to the song. very funky ^^

ep 3 - I think if anyone wondered why we dont get male fanservice this must be the main reason

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread

Tags
aic spirits, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, kadokawa, romance, shounen