AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-23, 15:48   Link #1281
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
About Aruka dieing by Cruzes hands i dont think so. If you realy stick to the Cruz=Christ idea like you all do. He will only fight Arclight to the death. He would turn the other cheek on his sister is what i believe

At some point he will be powerfull, and she might attack him or not, but the endresult would prolly be in the line like * if you realy hate me then kill me*.
Atm Cruz realy is transforming, he stood up to Hatfield for the first time ever without even a slim chance to win yet he did, so more he will not cower and cry anymore. But he would stand up to his sister without harming her.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 15:53   Link #1282
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca12nag3 View Post
About Aruka dieing by Cruzes hands i dont think so. If you realy stick to the Cruz=Christ idea like you all do. He will only fight Arclight to the death. He would turn the other cheek on his sister is what i believe

At some point he will be powerfull, and she might attack him or not, but the endresult would prolly be in the line like * if you realy hate me then kill me*.
Atm Cruz realy is transforming, he stood up to Hatfield for the first time ever without even a slim chance to win yet he did, so more he will not cower and cry anymore. But he would stand up to his sister without harming her.
Yeah, and from now on his growth will only go up.

Also I agree, Cruz won't kill her sister. He'll defeat her, and then like you said about how the new 12th apostle got converted, she too will be converted and finally will probably die protecting her brother from a terribly strong villain who could be Arclight himself.

And I want Needless licenced in my country, damnit!!!
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 16:12   Link #1283
Adam Cruz

Aruka doesn't need to die in order for this story to be epic. Then again, she does deserve it considering how many people she directly and indirectly killed.
Adam Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 16:17   Link #1284
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Cruz View Post
Aruka doesn't need to die in order for this story to be epic. Then again, she does deserve it considering how many people she directly and indirectly killed.
By the way, nice ID you have, really appropriate for what's to come
Old 2009-11-23, 16:21   Link #1285
Adam Cruz

I dunno what you're talking about
Anyway, I thought it was kinda obvious considering A-A, A-B and coincidentally there's another main character who would fit A-C.

His fragment will be Perfect Zero. You heard it from me first folks.
Old 2009-11-23, 16:34   Link #1286
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Cruz View Post
His fragment will be Perfect Zero. You heard it from me first folks.
Let me remind you Zero fragment is bilogical, it was created, so Cruz can't have it.

However he can have all the powers from the start, just like Christ The Second, you know, the strongest needless.
Old 2009-11-23, 17:17   Link #1287
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
*points with stretched arm @ Adam Cruz* YAMADA! lolz
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 00:51   Link #1288
Adam Cruz

Who wants to bet Cruz will end up like looking like Blade.
Old 2009-11-24, 01:11   Link #1289
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Kanna (I think) would agree with you on that one...

and as for the GL-Needless comparisons, Needless was completely unknown until the anime came around (since lack of scanlated chapters doesn't help), and GL's anime came out before Needless's anime...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 01:14   Link #1290
Sekirei07

thats thinking how Simon ended up looking like Kamina

Just came to mind the joke of during the time Cruz died, he went to hell. Even though this seemed to just be a joke. When Jesus died it is said that he went to hell that had something to do with the sins of man.

Cruz being the only person who could be hit on physical contact (excluding Blade) with Hatfields water laser is a fairly good parallel of the miracle Jesus did when he walked on water, or so to speak allowing the water to overcome him.

Looking at chapter 12 translated now, seems Aruka was a fairly religious girl when they were younger. Could it actually be a case of false prophet?

Aruka was devote to the second > Arclight, a clone of the second approaches and shows her his way > she becomes faithful follower > does all she can for this false prophet.

We all know even in the real world how false prophets can make entire groups of people murder even their loved ones under the falsehood of "righteousness". Maybe Aruka just needs to see the light...
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 01:48   Link #1291
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Hmmm...

I don't see Cruz following Blade's path. Honestly, I just don't see kicking ass in his character - not that he doesn't have the potential physically (via a fragment, presumably) but because I think he's a peacemaker by nature. If you want to take the obvious Cruz/Jesus parallel to it's logical conclusion, well - historical Jesus wasn't a violent man. When there were asses to be kicked, God took care of that - Jesus was more the "What's so funny about peace, love and understanding" guy. That's why, if Cruz does indeed have a fragment, I see it being totally different in concept from Blade & everybody else - something not usable for combat but for healing or construction, something like that. I know we already have Eve for the physical healing, so maybe Cruz' ability would be an order of magnitude beyond that - spiritual healing, perhaps.

Blessed are the peacemakers - and a child shall lead them...

(How's that for a scriptural mixed metaphor?)
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 01:51   Link #1292
shadowii

^
guys not to discourage parallels but lets remember how his first forte in attacking (the fact that he did is great in itself) turned out

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...3?t=1259045145
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...0?t=1259045237
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...1?t=1259045240
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...4?t=1259045266
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...6?t=1259045283

I cant in good concious say Cruz walked over this situation

Whatever power is inside him: he cannot unlock it for anything except apparently saving his own life which makes his attack capablitiy (this manga sometimes takes on video game qualities) very low. If the reaper sword trio had not shown up we probably would have seen Hatfield slaughter everyone else and take Cruz to Arclight. Someone said as he is now Cruz can take on Aruka, he has a long way (or just one manga powerup scene) to go before thats true.
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 02:00   Link #1293
Sekirei07

yes unless he can learn to utilize what he has than he is no better than Blade was originally when he learned the fourth wave.

But what is Blade's goal in this story? To gain all the powers of Needless seems like the original since he got excited whenever he got a chance to fight/learn new skills. But what is it about now....
Old 2009-11-24, 02:10   Link #1294
shadowii

^
Blade is a destoryer priest, not a particualry good priest but a priest none the less. Basically it seems he inadvertainly does hero stuff while satisfying his love of fighting, he came to Cruz in his hour of need and did not abandon him upon finding out he was normal (not just for the sake of getting a fragment). Hes not afraid of getting seriously hurt to do so.
http://www.onemanga.com/Needless/1/32/
Also when helping Kanna in sword of the reaper (that nice hold sword together momment).

He also a wandering soul, joining a guild and being seto's partner for a while, and its said that Blade had been gone again when Cruz brought him back to the church.
And he delivers devine punishment to evil needless by throwing their own misused powers back at them.

I doubt he had much in terms of goal other than to wander blackspots, see a lot of cute girls, help some people, smash up lots of other people, and live comfortably with Eve and Gido. But his clone brother's actions have made that impossible.

Even though technically it was who Cruz got him involved in the first place, it heavily implied that Blade would have wound up faceing Arclight anyway. And now hes in real danger of getting his body stolen, but he is the kind of person who would face death with a grin so i doubt he's cursing his situation. All these cute girls to meet, especially mio-tan who calls him onni-chan.

However on the matter of his situation.
A lot of people have critized Blade for his failures as a second clone but has anyone noticed he's not too fond of the circumstance of his existance.
http://www.onemanga.com/Needless/9/15/
http://www.onemanga.com/Needless/9/16/

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-11-24 at 02:30.
Old 2009-11-24, 02:15   Link #1295
Sekirei07

But didnt Blade only originally help Cruz because he thought he was a Needless? Since Testaments only go after Needless. One of the first things he asked Cruz was what his fragment was. After he got in front of that testament he was marked as a hostile so he had to fight, his image sent to Arclight, showed he matched, he became his target.

Just seems like Blade was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Plus he owed Cruz one for saving his life. although Blade was pretty nice to Cruz before Eve made her appearance...

http://www.onemanga.com/Needless/2/12/
Old 2009-11-24, 02:23   Link #1296
shadowii

^
Cruz certainly felt like that but blade basically said: not your fault kid
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...6?t=1259047670
Old 2009-11-24, 02:39   Link #1297
Sekirei07

But that image just kinda makes me feel that the old blade is dead now. Like that was the last bit of his uhh... whats the word... good qualities dieing off. Like the blade we first saw in the series.
Old 2009-11-24, 07:01   Link #1298
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
But that image just kinda makes me feel that the old blade is dead now. Like that was the last bit of his uhh... whats the word... good qualities dieing off. Like the blade we first saw in the series.
The old Blade is dead now, just as how the Blade from Reaper Sword story died after this one came.

IMO Blade's story is coming to an end. With his Verdict Death Penalty turned into a stupid signature about loving gloves, Imai put the last nail on Blade's coffin. And if you combine that with the fact Kanna saw the Blade she met while looking at Cruz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Hmmm...

I don't see Cruz following Blade's path. Honestly, I just don't see kicking ass in his character - not that he doesn't have the potential physically (via a fragment, presumably) but because I think he's a peacemaker by nature. If you want to take the obvious Cruz/Jesus parallel to it's logical conclusion, well - historical Jesus wasn't a violent man. When there were asses to be kicked, God took care of that - Jesus was more the "What's so funny about peace, love and understanding" guy. That's why, if Cruz does indeed have a fragment, I see it being totally different in concept from Blade & everybody else - something not usable for combat but for healing or construction, something like that. I know we already have Eve for the physical healing, so maybe Cruz' ability would be an order of magnitude beyond that - spiritual healing, perhaps.

Blessed are the peacemakers - and a child shall lead them...

(How's that for a scriptural mixed metaphor?)
The author puts some elements from the bible, true, but that doesn't mean anything. The Adam and Eve from the bible never killed too, but look, that's not how it's in Needless. So if you don't see Cruz kicking ass in his character, you're reading the wrong manga.

For example, according with the bible, Seto is a boy and one of Adam and Eve's children. However, in Needless she's a girl and just a partner of Blade, no parental relationship. See?

And Cruz doesn't have a fragment but something that isn't even comparable to just a mere fragment.
Old 2009-11-24, 07:51   Link #1299
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
The old Blade is dead now, just as how the Blade from Reaper Sword story died after this one came.

IMO Blade's story is coming to an end. With his Verdict Death Penalty turned into a stupid signature about loving gloves, Imai put the last nail on Blade's coffin. And if you combine that with the fact Kanna saw the Blade she met while looking at Cruz...

The author puts some elements from the bible, true, but that doesn't mean anything. The Adam and Eve from the bible never killed too, but look, that's not how it's in Needless. So if you don't see Cruz kicking ass in his character, you're reading the wrong manga.

For example, according with the bible, Seto is a boy and one of Adam and Eve's children. However, in Needless she's a girl and just a partner of Blade, no parental relationship. See?

And Cruz doesn't have a fragment but something that isn't even comparable to just a mere fragment.
I dont think his death penalty is gone, he just said because he was in the moment of it all since he was fighting loli's. I mean their are plenty of times where Blade has done this kinda thing, even breaking the fourth wall.

I dont think their is really any "divine" powers in this universe, just scientific ones that involve a persons ability to utilize their brain.

Cruz "resurrection" and "awakening" is due to him lacking blood flow and oxygen to his brain which caused an alteration that could allow him to tap into a deeper part of his physic.

Even The Second was only a man in the end, he didnt save the world, he was killed/captured and used as raw materials to create clones of himself. Clones that have the potential to unlock all parts of the brain.

But really... if The Second did have every Needless power, how on earth was he defeated... I mean how could he not heal himself, his torso and head were intact so if he could heal any wound why not his own.
Old 2009-11-24, 08:15   Link #1300
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
I dont think his death penalty is gone, he just said because he was in the moment of it all since he was fighting loli's. I mean their are plenty of times where Blade has done this kinda thing, even breaking the fourth wall.

I dont think their is really any "divine" powers in this universe, just scientific ones that involve a persons ability to utilize their brain.

Cruz "resurrection" and "awakening" is due to him lacking blood flow and oxygen to his brain which caused an alteration that could allow him to tap into a deeper part of his physic.

Even The Second was only a man in the end, he didnt save the world, he was killed/captured and used as raw materials to create clones of himself. Clones that have the potential to unlock all parts of the brain.

But really... if The Second did have every Needless power, how on earth was he defeated... I mean how could he not heal himself, his torso and head were intact so if he could heal any wound why not his own.
That's something to be told yet. We don't even know if he was killed or if he died surpassing all the limits of his power and thus killing himself. But if he was killed, whoever killed him must be terribly strong.

As you said, Cruz's "awakening", apart from symbolic meaning (bible), unlocked some restrictions located in his brain.

And yeah, there's no divine powers, Aruka stated clear. Same goes for The Second, all the powers involve the use of brain.

Needless powers are awakenes by unlocking unused areas of the brain. That means that if Cruz has as it looks like it's , all the powers, right now he only would have access to the low level ones. Unlocking stronger powers need more than just a lock, and Missing Link type need many locks unlocked simultaneously, and that's something Blade can't do no matter what. Arclight on the other hand can, because he has the evolved Zero born from the remains of Christ The Second.

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-11-24 at 09:10.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen