AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-02-19, 14:01   Link #201
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

They're both in the topic in his channel (#shinjipierre @ rizon): Script + tutorial (donno how long those links stay alive though).
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 16:52   Link #202
niko
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to niko
Thanks dj tjerk!
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 17:52   Link #203
abo taha

hi guys,

again, where i can get plugins for AFX?

i searched but i didn't find

i need it
abo taha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 02:08   Link #204
Mitomi
Pastor of Muppets
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by abo taha View Post
again, where i can get plugins for AFX?

i searched but i didn't find
Here are a few:
http://www.adobe.com/products/plugins/aftereffects/

You have to pay for most of them though.
Mitomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 07:04   Link #205
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Toolfarm has a nice list of plugins, using the plugin finder and the compatability list you can find a lot too.
Old 2007-03-05, 08:59   Link #206
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

I would like to ask a question, although it may be little stupid. If I use the Clone tool in AFX, is it possible to extract the alpha channel (as on karaoke) and overlay it with avisynth on the original video? I'm asking this, because it would be nice to avoid cutting and merging videos.
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
raziel666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 12:04   Link #207
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
I'm using shinji's import script. I can make a karaoke but how can I do transition effects. using his keyframe thing.
Old 2007-03-06, 05:57   Link #208
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Quote:
I would like to ask a question, although it may be little stupid. If I use the Clone tool in AFX, is it possible to extract the alpha channel (as on karaoke) and overlay it with avisynth on the original video? I'm asking this, because it would be nice to avoid cutting and merging videos.
Are you asking how to overlay AFX on the video? That's been explained many times in this thread (straight+alpha export). I you're not asking that, what actually do you mean/want. (I can't remember having a clone tool?)

Quote:
I'm using shinji's import script. I can make a karaoke but how can I do transition effects. using his keyframe thing.
I don't know what keyframe style does what, at least you can't make an effect that takes longer than the syllable is sung (unless you do ramp up/ramp down stuff).

Basically he has sudden in/sudden-out, slow in/slow out, and everything inbetween. His tutorial explains it very well, using the pickwhip and all. If you want some examples, just ask, can give you some
Old 2007-03-06, 09:42   Link #209
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk View Post
Are you asking how to overlay AFX on the video? That's been explained many times in this thread (straight+alpha export). I you're not asking that, what actually do you mean/want. (I can't remember having a clone tool?)
All right I should be more specific. I do know how to overlay AFX on the video. AFX has a Clone Stamp Tool (between Brush Tool and Eraser Tool). The situation is this: on a DVD (I won't mention since I think is considered licensed) there are hardsubbed english subtitles in some screens that appear ocasionally (the screens have japanese text as well).
So what I would like is (if possible) to use the Clone Stamp Tool in order to get rid of the english subtitle and export some kind of alpha channel so as to overlay it on the original video (instead of exporting lossless, cutting and merging). Has anyone done this before? Is it possible? Thanks a lot.
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
raziel666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 10:06   Link #210
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

Quote:
They're both in the topic in his channel (#shinjipierre @ rizon): Script + tutorial (donno how long those links stay alive though).
well, yeah, i'll keep it on my website, it doesn't take that much abndwidth anyway

Quote:
Well, for that clone thing... I think you can put the paint with a different source... never did it.... the clone stamp in after effects sucks, isn't really usable...
Use combustion for that ^^

anyway, if the source thing doesn't work, maybe a difference filter (keying section) betweeen the original video and the rotoscoped one would do the trick.

Quote:
Well, my video tutorial should explain enough... If you know how to use after effects, that is... as dj said, you should try my different keyframe styles.
Old 2007-03-06, 10:50   Link #211
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
I ment line to line transitions. I can do from syllable to syllable. I could go in an manually add the keyframes to everyline but it gets to be too much.
For example I want to blur out at the end of the line or fly off the screen things like that.
Correctly me if i am wrong
2 is just like a normal /k
3 is ease in ease out aaaaa
4 is slightly before
5 is like on sylable ease in ease out
6 is slightly after
Old 2007-03-06, 15:38   Link #212
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

For line to line transitions i mostly use expressions.. I posted a fade-in/fade-out expression somewhere in this thread (try understanding it lol). I bet you can do some weird random offscreen jumping too with expressions, because it's just related to the thisLayer.outPoint variable (most of the time). Otherwise it's keyframe's

And those keyframe style's could be correct yes :P Never really remembered what does what, I just try it and see if it looks nice..

About that clonestamp tool; never used it. I always used keying for getting alpha channel info (if that's what you want), will look into it tomorrow or so.. (isp (kpn) stole my internet connection at home :|)
Old 2007-03-07, 02:51   Link #213
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

hello,

i have had after effects on my computer for a long time, my girlfriend was taking adobe classics but i just recently realized it could be used to render fansubs
so i was messing with it today but ran into some problems

first, there was no sound. i could click the avi video in after effects to play the video and there was sound, but at the bottom in my layers, the sound did not show up and when i played the video in the compisition work area there was no sound and the audio box was not moving?

the avi file says its dualaudio and then in properties it says audio format, mpeg layer-3

and second its easier to use aegis to do the sub title timing? how do i save that file so that after effects can import it as a layer? or should i just use lots of layers in after effects to add subtitles?

i have an older version 5.5 if that matters

i may be getting a new mac soon would final cut pro be easier to do this stuff in? can fansubs be made with final cut pro?

edit: i got another error, says no such avi compressor
where do i get avi compressors?

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2007-03-07 at 03:34.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 03:41   Link #214
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

First of all.. why even create subtitles in AE..

putting that aside, aegisub (most ass/ssa programs are..) is easier for timing as you can easily see the spectrum or intensity of the sound.

For not having audio, are you ram-previewing or just pressing the space-bar. Ram-preview does give sound.

And about not having those avi-compressors, you are probably trying to use XviD or x264 footage. It only accepts divx (reads the fourcc and bitcode or so) so you can change that for xvid, but most people use either lossless (huffyuv/lagarith) or raw avi..
Old 2007-03-07, 04:18   Link #215
Arcwave
Filmmaker & Writer

Send a message via AIM to Arcwave Send a message via MSN to Arcwave
If I were you, I would just use SONY Vegas 6/7.0
Arcwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 06:54   Link #216
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Nope sound still doesnt work. its not being recognized by AE, but it is by windows media player. Yeah after effects is not a good program I should never have opened it. Well, i guess its ok for making karaoke songs and adding light effects to movies you already are done with. is there anyway to import an .ass text file into after effects?
Old 2007-03-08, 18:02   Link #217
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

Quote:
Yeah after effects is not a good program I should never have opened it.
well, without talent you can't do anything good
Old 2007-03-09, 05:32   Link #218
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Quote:
Nope sound still doesnt work. its not being recognized by AE, but it is by windows media player. Yeah after effects is not a good program I should never have opened it. Well, i guess its ok for making karaoke songs and adding light effects to movies you already are done with. is there anyway to import an .ass text file into after effects?
There are 2 scripts around that can import .ass into AAE.. Shinji's and Paul Tuersley (read the thread). And whether AAE is a good program depends on how well you can use it. I mostly lack creativity to make up an effect fitting the song.. (I've seen to many simple .ass kara's; they've brainwashed me.. ).
As they're ranting (don't kill me ) in the other karaoke thread about what k-replacer is better/was earlier; if you can make what you want within the time you have/want to spent on it, then that's good enough.

About those line to line transitions, can't you use those animation presets? You prolly can change it some way or another that you don't need those keyframes but use an expression (if it has keyframes that is.. ).

[offtopic]
Shouldn't you change the link in your sig shinji?

Old 2007-03-10, 06:21   Link #219
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

its not just about talent w
i did some research after getting alot of errors and it turns out that my version 5.5 is too old and bugged. lots of people have gotten similar errors with just basic functions like importing a tiff file. i doubt i will dish out the money for the multi media set with the new create suite 3 coming out soon.
Yeah, playing with the scripts might be fun, but ill have to save it for summer vacation i guess.
Old 2007-03-10, 09:21   Link #220
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

I bet it's the bug with *.iff files. (who would import tiff? waste of space on the hard disk ?)
and it's a bug with maya's iff files, created with mental ray, if I remember well...
I bet you don't use that

Anyway, yeah... version 5.5 is a bit old, get after effects 6.5 or 7.

version 8 should come out in may or something... with probably nothing really new ^^

oh yeah, I should change my signature... let's do it...