AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-27, 01:42   Link #1
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

Episode 31 - Into the Light of Day

Tenma's a mess; seems pretty worn out after all this chasing around... and now the sniper rifle.
Old 2004-11-27, 03:08   Link #2
FireBorn

Not as good as the past few episodes IMO, but still a good episode.

Really wonder what will happen in the next few episodes.. now that Tenma finally has the exact whereabouts of Johan..
Old 2004-11-27, 11:21   Link #3
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I sure hope Gillen was secretly recording that conversation...
Old 2004-11-27, 12:12   Link #4
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

I'm loving the confusion of morals. Is Tenma right or wrong? Is he making amends or becoming a monster himself? This anime is utterly breathtaking. Really superb stuff!

And that scene between Gillen and Runge - you don't get much better than that, anywhere. Brilliant.

Thanks to the A-Kraze team for another great sub.
Old 2004-11-27, 16:27   Link #5
Trax
Rock beats scissors

That seemed like a pretty sneaky thing to do by Runge. Dr. Gillen was spot on with his analysis of Runge, but it looks like Runge only pretended to admit his mistake and investigate Johan Liebert so Gillen would admit his probable location. Perhaps Gillen should have mentioned his suspicion that Tenma intends to kill Johan. Even if Runge would catch Tenma in Munich, I wonder if he would bother checking the leads on Johan. If he was truely honest with himself he would know that all evidence on Tenma regarding the murder cases are circumstantial. He's purely obsessed and not being objective at all, even from the very beginning he convinced himself that Tenma had to be the culprit. Definately a character flaw from Runge, unfortunately, I had expected better of him.

Tenma won't become a monster, but he would become a murderer which is totally against his beliefs and the hippocratic oath. He might not be able to do it when it comes down to it. Anna will be back next episode, she might have the same reluctance. Although you'd have to admit, at least she did try it before. Anyway, good episode.
Old 2004-11-28, 02:56   Link #6
grfd567

Well it may not have been what I was expecting but it was still a good episode. In fact I think i like that its taking time for stuff to happen because this way you can see deeper into the characters and it almost seems like their real people and that this could actually have happened or something like that. As oppose to just going there and shooting him....that would lack feeling and be just plain boring. hahaha...It was a suspensful episode too...it was really exciting when Tenma saw Johan there ...man this series just keeps getting better...and with Nina back hahaha its almost funny how their paths seem to lead them to the same places each time.

Of the two I would say that Nina is the one who will most likely shoot Johan if it came down to it, but thats just me....hehehe.

Oh btw, I kind of forget, but does anyone know what the time line is. I mean what year is this taking place, I know its sometime after WWII...but the year???
Old 2004-11-28, 05:06   Link #7
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

Sometime in the 90's. I don't remember exactly, but Richard's gravestone, in episode 30, probably has the exact year.
Old 2004-11-28, 05:31   Link #8
Ri_
mangaworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley
Sometime in the 90's. I don't remember exactly, but Richard's gravestone, in episode 30, probably has the exact year.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
Old 2004-11-28, 06:06   Link #9
jalana
Editorizor of Fansubs

Actually, I think it's 1996. But then again, 1 yr give or take really doesn't matter.
Old 2004-11-28, 06:39   Link #10
Ri_
mangaworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalana
Actually, I think it's 1996. But then again, 1 yr give or take really doesn't matter.
Well, in the manga here next to me the gravestone clearly says 1997... it makes sense; the story started in 1986 when Tenma operated on Johan, ten years passed, and add another one for the extra time that had passed during Tenma and Nina's training (half a year) and otherwise tracking Johan down through the country.
Old 2004-11-28, 15:11   Link #11
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

i think tenma won't have "time" to find yohan : i have the feeling that Lunge will find tenma before, then our doctor has no choice but running away again......
Old 2004-11-28, 20:17   Link #12
jalana
Editorizor of Fansubs

Haha, then it's another instance of the anime producers smoking weed or something. Although Richard's tombstone says he dies in 1997, in episode 32
Spoiler for little spoiler for ep 32:
Old 2004-11-29, 22:50   Link #13
mika163
(^.^) /

this just crossed my mind. what if runge shoots johan? that would certainly solve everyone's problem. yeah, runge is really obsessed with tenma.
Old 2004-11-29, 23:18   Link #14
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

But it wouldn't answer any questions.
Old 2004-11-30, 17:53   Link #15
avmoghe

Another Good episode. Finally the series manages to put 3 or 4 good ones together. About time Lunge came back into the picture.

Still no word on how Richard died, however. ( I still want Johan to reveal that he pushed him).
Old 2004-12-07, 20:03   Link #16
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Once again, I am disappointed in Lunge. IMO he's pretty much totally relinquished his chance to change his ways--even if he did "see the light" eventually, I can't imagine it being believable. I wish I had a better idea of what was going on inside his head.
Old 2004-12-07, 21:04   Link #17
jalana
Editorizor of Fansubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Once again, I am disappointed in Lunge. IMO he's pretty much totally relinquished his chance to change his ways--even if he did "see the light" eventually, I can't imagine it being believable. I wish I had a better idea of what was going on inside his head.
It's called "beating a dead horse," aka being incredibly obstinate. :/
Old 2004-12-09, 23:19   Link #18
WristBandMan

hehe, when Runge was first introduced, he was pretty cool, mnemonic device & all....

now suddenly Gillen stepped on him so badly.... tape recorder is better

anyway... i guess now it's clear it was intended to be Runge, not Lunge~~~~
Old 2004-12-09, 23:43   Link #19
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Spoiler for Runge, no plot points divulged, but nevertheless...:
Old 2004-12-11, 01:46   Link #20
avmoghe

Quote:
So do I. I'm curious as to whether or not he's going to get fired from the police force. In his last appearance, he made it clear that he had no interest in bringing murderers to justice anymore. He just wants to get Tenma. I imagine his superiors would probably get annoyed with this sort of behavior.
Closed Thread