AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-01-16, 13:24   Link #141
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I loved the UC ova's especially 0083 but avoided for years watching anything with Char in it due to that movie. I still can't like the guy at all.
Really? I love Char. He is the main reason I was stuck on watching the original MS Gundam. Never did like Amuro, so I was always like "Damnit, where is Char? More Char please!" while watching it. But maybe it's cause you watched Char's Counterattack first.
Old 2009-01-16, 13:28   Link #142
tanqexe

Yeah it's hard to like a guy who almost succeeded in dropping Axis on Earth. He's basically an idealist who gradually became incredibly disillusioned with humanity. As the old cliché goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Char had a very interesting character development if you watch MSG, Z, and CCA in sequence, though (skipping ZZ since he wasn't in there).
tanqexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 13:39   Link #143
Seeker

My first was probably during the days of G Gundam fighter on cartoon network. I DID NOT like this one, but it is the first I was aware of. Close to that time SD Gundam was on, maybe gundam wing too. My point is these were all just series I knew about. Gundam wing looked like it had potential. Now Gundam 00 is the first one I'm really excited about. In total I plan to collect 00, and there's a good chance I'll look more into gundam wing.
Old 2009-01-16, 18:17   Link #144
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That i can understand, though you calling G Gundam dreadful makes me think you have an actually opinion on the show that you're not mentioning. That's what i asked.
I didn't like it mostly for the plot, and of course majority of the Gundam designs. I did watch most of the episodes back when it aired, but within time, I just ended up not liking it. It was too different, reminded me too much of DBZ.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 18:37   Link #145
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I didn't like it mostly for the plot, and of course majority of the Gundam designs. I did watch most of the episodes back when it aired, but within time, I just ended up not liking it. It was too different, reminded me too much of DBZ.

The reason most don't like the G Gundam seems to be for its break in style. Its actually one of my top 3 favorite Gundam series. Yes the story was Soap Opera bad(which is probably why I refer to it as the soap opera for mech fans). Thats not why I liked it though(although the over dramatic speeches of the characters were a joy to watch if not only for the laughs. I don't only love shows with good stories, but I love watching shows that just give you a good old fashioned action rush. Like DBZ and Guyrren Lagann for instance. Not top pinnicles plots in my opinion(better than G Gundam though), but they gave you an adrenline rush or just a sense of "hell yeah" when watching them. Thats what I got from G Gundam and thats why I liked it, but I can plainly see why people dislike it.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote