AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-05, 17:17   Link #601
Xacual

What champions don't use mana?

Akali
Shen
Kennan
Dr. Mundo
Sion
Garen
Katarina

Is that all of them?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 17:42   Link #602
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

You forgot Renekton, Tryndamere, Mordekaiser, and Lee Sin. I don't remember any other ones.

Also, Sion uses mana.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 17:59   Link #603
Xacual

Does he? I could have sworn he was a health ability user, maybe I was thinking of Mordekaiser. I wish they would make more, I usually enjoy the playstyle more with something other than mana to deal with.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-04-05, 18:13   Link #604
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Does he? I could have sworn he was a health ability user, maybe I was thinking of Mordekaiser. I wish they would make more, I usually enjoy the playstyle more with something other than mana to deal with.
I think he has a toggle skill that uses his HP, but his stun and his shield definitely use mana.

Honestly, I've played mana champions so much that I don't know how to play energy champions. I have terrible energy management with Shen. In comparison, I just use mana regen per level runes and limit the amount of skills I use early game and I'm fine [except when I use Lux and spam my laser, since I never buy a Tear on her].

Also, it's so hard to find an interesting champion to play now. I've played tanks so much that I basically don't know how to carry, so I always end up dying in teamfights or not itemizing quick enough. So sad.
Old 2011-04-06, 01:29   Link #605
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Vlad also uses HP instead of mana, he's the only one left out of the list He also happens to be very popular thanks to his passive, because some people find it awesome to stack AP to the 800s, thinking they can take lots of damage just by having HP xD
Speaking of which, I was playing Blitz yesterday in a co-op match, got him to 3.5k HP and 3.3k mana, 150/163 AR/MR and he died in three seconds, death recap showing me 1.3k instead of the combined 5,150 HP damage that should have been dealt on me. How's that work? Note my bars were both full and my passive was ready.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 03:18   Link #606
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I don't like playing co-op there are still so many bugs in it. I mean the bots do not even attack Heimer's cannons, they will keep on fireing at them till they are dead.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 13:04   Link #607
Kafriel
Senior Guest

oookay so I was playing WW and thought I'd jungle...
Cassiopeia: Is it ok if I get golem?
Me: Uuuh, no?
Corki: Ololol let WW jungle ppl
-Zilean and Cass steal buff and exp-
-later at lizard, Corki comes rushing, I get buff with smite, still lose exp-
Corki: Noob WW, good junglers give buffs away!
Me: Then how am I supposed to jungle?
Corki: You don't need buffs to jungle!!!!!!!!
-can't get dragon at 6-

I'm not a pro jungler but I've had my fair share of experience on the matter (runes, items, when to gank etc.)...but do people seriously jungle after losing so much exp? I think it would be better to just go lane in that case, what do you guys think?
Old 2011-04-06, 13:56   Link #608
Spartanz1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
-can't get dragon at 6-

I'm not a pro jungler but I've had my fair share of experience on the matter (runes, items, when to gank etc.)...but do people seriously jungle after losing so much exp? I think it would be better to just go lane in that case, what do you guys think?
I jungle a little bit but a teammates never steal buffs, ww is no exception, that corki was just trying to troll you and mess up your jungle pattern, your team mates only need to help you if your going to get blue buff or red buff first
Spartanz1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 16:57   Link #609
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yup , you encountered some kiddos kikoolol i'm pro -but not...
They have to let you the buff when you need it to jungle or gank. At mid & late game , some champions can have the need of blue buff or red buff but you choose.
For WW , he doesn't need blue buff mid+/late game so you can give it to others. Also , he's the fastest jungler & one of my main
I'm playing with Olaf , i like him , he could be my main too ^^

Anyway , the new Fire champ type (Mage i think) artwork looks like a Nocturne Fire Skin lol
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 01:18   Link #610
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I knew something was off! Thanks for the confirmation Honestly WW is the best jungler I've seen so far, because he's the only one I've played who can keep his HP at 100% during the full jungle course, except at dragon. He's much better than I had thought^^

Quote:
Anyway , the new Fire champ type (Mage i think) artwork looks like a Nocturne Fire Skin lol
Hope they're not running out of ideas already...

P.S: Urfrider Corki is a real skin, I really thought that was just more Riot trolling :O
Old 2011-04-07, 01:49   Link #611
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
-can't get dragon at 6-

I'm a bit late, but I'd say you were playing with trolls. Maybe a 3-person troll premade or something. But yeah, if I lost a bunch of experience like that, I'd probably just lane or see if I could jungle on small minions [although I heard WW has some trouble jungling without blue]. I've been pushed into laning with junglers before, and it's not fun....

But, just out of curiosity, can WW solo dragon at level 6? I never see people doing it, and I just figured it was because dragon does too much damage now.
Old 2011-04-07, 01:54   Link #612
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, I didn't get a chance to try it properly, gonna give it a shot and edit.

EDIT: Solo'd dragon right on LV6 after going back to base to get wriggle's, had 2 leftover pots but only ended up using one, didn't get lower than 50%. Game ended with me having around 600 AD and 2.1 AS with W...cakewalk.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-04-07 at 02:38.
Old 2011-04-07, 06:42   Link #613
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

You can do it at lv4-5 with razor , Blue & Red buff but if you're lucky enough to do extra 500 dmg. I took down him in a game with luck , in another game i failed
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 10:28   Link #614
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The only one I know who can do it at 4 w/o anything is fiddles :P
Old 2011-04-07, 23:13   Link #615
Evinkuruga
Twilight Dreamer~

No way! I didn't even know this thread existed~
So... what does everyone think about Brand?
Old 2011-04-08, 01:31   Link #616
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Probably gonna be a mana-intensive burst caster or AoE dot, I just hope he doesn't have a useless passive like Karma's % HP related one.
Old 2011-04-08, 01:57   Link #617
Xacual

Quote:
Probably gonna be a mana-intensive burst caster or AoE dot, I just hope he doesn't have a useless passive like Karma's % HP related one.
His abilties are out.
Abilities:

Sear: Brand launches a ball of fire forward that deals magic damage. If the target is ablaze, the target will be stunned.

Pillar of Flame: After a short delay, Brand creates a pillar of flame at a target area, dealing magic damage to enemy units within the area. Units that are ablaze take additional damage.

Conflagration: Brand conjures a powerful blast at his target, dealing magic damage to them. If the target is ablaze, the conflagration spreads to nearby enemies.

Pyroclasm (Ultimate): Brand unleashes a devastating torrent of fire, dealing damage each time it bounces. If a target is ablaze, Pyroclasm's missile speed increases.

Blaze (Passive): Brand's basic abilities light his targets ablaze, dealing a percentage of their maximum Health in magic damage per second.

Old 2011-04-08, 02:17   Link #618
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Oh, sounds potent...EQWR should rough up any champion, and WE should be good enough for creep waves. I'll probably be buying this one and focus on Mpen/AP with a touch of CDR and a RoA for survivability issues.
Old 2011-04-08, 02:19   Link #619
Xacual

I wonder if Conflagrate can spread from spread targets if they are ablaze too?

Old 2011-04-08, 02:24   Link #620
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think it will have a range bonus, like single target-> about as big as Annie's tibbers or maybe Swain's nevermove. Having it spread off nearby targets should make it very hard to connect...

Tags
league of legends, lol