AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-12-26, 11:57   Link #781
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Does anyone even know how Tomogora's are acually born???
I wonder if Kings of Guze are ever kids or juveniles. Can you imagine Alastor as a little kid.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 14:39   Link #782
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
I wonder if Kings of Guze are ever kids or juveniles. Can you imagine Alastor as a little kid.
good question, i don't know the answer though. however the aizen siblings appears very young (they were born after alastor has gone to the human world, thus didn't recognise him during the fight).

as for how they reproduce, the male tomogaras can produce little bits of his existence, they give these to the female tomogaras. then the females takes a part of herself and merge it with the bit of existence, and a new life is born.

btw, fecor came with hecate to reseal the silver, i think i forgot to mention him before. his Magnesia totally owned the flame hazes (and crushed half of the school and hundreds of students)
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 15:29   Link #783
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
btw, fecor came with hecate to reseal the silver, i think i forgot to mention him before. his Magnesia totally owned the flame hazes (and crushed half of the school and hundreds of students)
Hai? When was this and he did what?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 15:35   Link #784
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hai? When was this and he did what?
just after the real pheles arrives, he and hecate came. he used magnesia to protect hecate and it crushed half of the school
Old 2007-12-26, 15:58   Link #785
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Why would he and Hecate try to reseal the Silver, who is the god of the Balle Masque?

Is it in the anime or the light novels?

Last edited by DX HBK; 2007-12-26 at 16:02. Reason: neglect
DX HBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 16:02   Link #786
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Why would he and Hecate try to reseal the Silver, who is the god of the Balle Masque?
correction: Snake of the Festival is the leader, Silver is just a shell for him.

they need Silver sealed in Yuji, otherwise the Snake won't be able to merge with him.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 16:12   Link #787
Aquifina

Quote:
good question, i don't know the answer though. however the aizen siblings appears very young (they were born after alastor has gone to the human world, thus didn't recognise him during the fight).

as for how they reproduce, the male tomogaras can produce little bits of his existence, they give these to the female tomogaras. then the females takes a part of herself and merge it with the bit of existence, and a new life is born.

That sort of bloodbath seems a lot less upbeat than the usually positive anime. It'll be interesting to see how J.C. Staff deals with the issue.

Outside of Hirai's demise, which was genuinely depressing, I've always felt the anime to be fairly positive. My vague impression is that the novels can be a lot more grim.
Old 2007-12-26, 17:13   Link #788
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
correction: Snake of the Festival is the leader, Silver is just a shell for him.

they need Silver sealed in Yuji, otherwise the Snake won't be able to merge with him.
actually hecate tried to kill yuji and send reiji maigo away. as for why silver need to be resealed, that is because pheles opened up the reiji maigo and thus released part of silver, at the same moment the bal masque was trying to resurrect snake. this results in incomplete sommoning so they sent hecate and fecor to reseal it and destroy yuji(so the reji maigo would randomly transfer to another torch, away from alastor).
Old 2007-12-26, 17:25   Link #789
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
That sort of bloodbath seems a lot less upbeat than the usually positive anime. It'll be interesting to see how J.C. Staff deals with the issue.
do you know that the fight with the mad professor in the novel was done without a fuzetsu (a lot of people were screaming when domino came after them lol). the three flame hazes totally destroyed the train station and the bridge, and it will take months to repair (miracally no one was killed only some injures)
Old 2007-12-26, 19:01   Link #790
Aquifina

Quote:
actually hecate tried to kill yuji and send reiji maigo away. as for why silver need to be resealed, that is because pheles opened up the reiji maigo and thus released part of silver, at the same moment the bal masque was trying to resurrect snake. this results in incomplete sommoning so they sent hecate and fecor to reseal it and destroy yuji(so the reji maigo would randomly transfer to another torch, away from alastor).
Now it'll be *real* interesting to see how JC Staff squares this with the Konoe arc in the anime.
Old 2007-12-26, 19:34   Link #791
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Ah, so the Silver and the Snake are two separate entities then. I guess Hecate does have some combat prowess then.

Quote:
Now it'll be *real* interesting to see how JC Staff squares this with the Konoe arc in the anime.
Indeed, especially since I think the anime original parts seems to somewhat make Hecate a bit more of the sad yet cute character to feel sympathy for in contrast to her light novel counterpart. I guess appearances and behavior can be deceiving if they pull that off.

Of course, I've already seen that light novel image of Yuji going berserk with rage and impaling Wilhelmina with the Blutsauger. What I like to know is why Yuji didn't try to "counter-kill" Hecate or at least channel that thought into the Snake of the Festival that merged with him.

Last edited by lua thien; 2007-12-26 at 19:51. Reason: neglect
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 19:35   Link #792
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
How they are raised makes them different but everyone is born with that same empty mentality from the first second they get into the world.
Meh. I'm a firm believer in that both Nature and Nuture play a role in how a person grows up and their mentality shapes. There is never one dominant over the other.

Though my main point was this one which we both agree on

Quote:
Since Pheles raised Johan, that possibly might have been the factor that saved his life.
In which case he fell in love with her early on.

I mean you can't corrupt someone with something that they really don't want.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 20:04   Link #793
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Yuji did thought about killing Hecate in the anime but did show mercy in sparing her. Then she resurfaces as Konoe Fumina and clings to the guy.

Something, other than the obligation to the Balle Masque, would have to trigger Konoe/Hecate to do a 180.
DX HBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 06:01   Link #794
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
Indeed, especially since I think the anime original parts seems to somewhat make Hecate a bit more of the sad yet cute character to feel sympathy for in contrast to her light novel counterpart. I guess appearances and behavior can be deceiving if they pull that off.
in the novel, hecate was alway cold and ruthless, everybody (even the bal masque) were afraid of her. i guess her cuteness comes from her looks and her pure (or innocent ) personality
Old 2007-12-27, 08:14   Link #795
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
in the novel, hecate was alway cold and ruthless, everybody (even the bal masque) were afraid of her. i guess her cuteness comes from her looks and her pure (or innocent ) personality
Does that include Syadonay cause he seemed to be in love with her in the first season of the anime???
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 11:31   Link #796
RDNexus

wow, wow, wow... guys, if u'r putting spoilers from the novels here, plz do it more specific plz, as i asked for this kind of help before...

btw, apart from the fight against dantalion, by the illusts, it seems it was supoosed to be some extra moments with khamsin, and the scene of yuuji & kazumi on the ground during the fight also changed in the anime, as yuuji was to be on top of kazumi (and kazumi seemed quite pleased in the novel LOL)...

also, from vols09&11, what is missing in the anime?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 13:25   Link #797
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
wow, wow, wow... guys, if u'r putting spoilers from the novels here, plz do it more specific plz, as i asked for this kind of help before...

btw, apart from the fight against dantalion, by the illusts, it seems it was supoosed to be some extra moments with khamsin, and the scene of yuuji & kazumi on the ground during the fight also changed in the anime, as yuuji was to be on top of kazumi (and kazumi seemed quite pleased in the novel LOL)...

also, from vols09&11, what is missing in the anime?
i think all of vol 11 was covered in the anime (ep10-12), most of 9 was not covered at all.
vol 5 was covered completely (ep14-16). vol3-4 was about the aizen siblings, most of which was not in the anime and many more things were different (think about it, they forced 2 vols of material into just 2 episodes), the same goes with vol6-7 about dantalion. ep5 of this season covers the first half of vol8. but the second half wasn't covered. i am sorry to say this but the amount of things missing from vol3,4,6,7,8 and 9 was too much to give a list, i think u r better off reading the novels urself (if u can). so i will not list the things missing but i will point out the major differences.
Old 2007-12-27, 13:26   Link #798
Aquifina

Quote:
Well, that's a pretty substantial difference with the anime, especially with the Konoe arc, where Hecate (assuming Konoe=Hecate) is shown in a sympathetic light.

Although I'm interested in the novels, I'm honestly not a purist when it comes to the anime following the novels; I personally think it's fine if the anime crew decides to make its own changes to the trajectory of the plot and the like. Besides, the broad outlines of the story seem to be the same--the Crimson world, the development of Yuji and Shana, etc.
Old 2007-12-27, 13:34   Link #799
cnnydz
Feed me

in vol 3-4 margery was not scared off by the aizens like in the anime, she attacked but was beaten because she can't use her full powers after the fight with shana. the keeper on reiji maigo was also discovered at this point, Syadonay tried to remove it but his hand was cut off by the keeper. this increased yuji's POE to be greater than an average tomogara's.

in vol 6-7, dantalion came by a train, and his unrestricted method makes fuzetsu unusable, so the fighting was done without a fuzetsu. he was not hired by the bal masque at this moment, his intention was indeed just to disrupt the balance to see what will happen.
Old 2007-12-27, 13:36   Link #800
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Does that include Syadonay cause he seemed to be in love with her in the first season of the anime???
yes she was quite cold to him, but he finds it to be very cute.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen