AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-11, 09:05   Link #1501
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The first chapter of Volume 9 was plenty fun already

Spoiler for summary:
Yeah I know that isn't enoucgh with Tsuchimikado as a teacher?? and Seiri is full of fun moments.
Old 2010-01-11, 10:16   Link #1502
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's not only Laura, Touma had also commented about Anieze's unusual Japanese

But how weird is weird? I'm reading a chinese translated version, so the joke is lost to me Not that I was any good with it in the first place...
Old 2010-01-11, 23:29   Link #1503
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Moving this from the generic thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
mmm shouldn't Gabriel be more powerful than aiwass? and Vent is like an insta-win against espers though, even if she's weaker...i mean, how do they counter divine punishment?[i'm not interested in how she would fare in a vs contest, just curious to know wether espers have any way to oppose her, since to my -very little and limited- knowledge, they don't]
Putting aside Touma, the only other humans that have resisted her Divine Punishment is Kihara and Aleister.

Kihara simply was indifferent to killing her, while Aleister... I don't know, probably the same?

Also, why didn't it affect Fuse=Kazakiri? Because she wasn't human? Because she really didn't want to hurt Vent?
Old 2010-01-12, 04:26   Link #1504
tsunade666

Maybe because she wasn't human but then again it probably the inner self of kazakiri working that she doesn't want to hurt anyone but the order given is to attack the magician that invade the city.

That divine punishment spell is just a pure cheat. Its like entering a cheat code in the game that will make you instant winner.

I wonder how will the magic side counter this because no one in the science side beside touma could counter it.

Maybe the magic side can use some kind of barrier like in angel fall what kaori and tsuchimikado used against angel fall.

EDIT:

I just find it out but that idiotic touma was more fearsome than I though he is. Even his GIRLS CLASSMATES acknowledge him and saying seiri is the only one who can resist his ....what manly charm? but then again the sturdy rocks falls crumble in front of mighty touma.

I wonder how many girls did fall in love with touma.

Isn't their a tutorial for girls on " how to resist a Kamijouchan " because they really need it.... really its a highest priority to knock those girls out of their fantasy.

Hey that guy is the fantasy killer but still he can't kill a simple delusion like this one.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-01-12 at 04:43.
Old 2010-01-12, 08:04   Link #1505
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Maybe because she wasn't human but then again it probably the inner self of kazakiri working that she doesn't want to hurt anyone but the order given is to attack the magician that invade the city.

That divine punishment spell is just a pure cheat. Its like entering a cheat code in the game that will make you instant winner.

I wonder how will the magic side counter this because no one in the science side beside touma could counter it.

Maybe the magic side can use some kind of barrier like in angel fall what kaori and tsuchimikado used against angel fall.
There might be some kind of loop hole that isn't revealed yet. Aleister, Kihara, and even Tsuchimikado all avoided the spell despite knowing about Vent, considered her a threat, or taken action against her.

As for magicians... Well, if Vent is trying to help Sasha escape from Fiamma, then it's likely she would have to confront him.
Old 2010-01-12, 13:56   Link #1506
tsunade666

If divine punishment doesn't work on Fianna. I don't see her lasting long. Her battle with touma is epic but if that's all she could do. What will she do to confront the holy right with its one stroke could take down the vatican but thanks to the pope it spared.
Old 2010-01-12, 19:21   Link #1507
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
If divine punishment doesn't work on Fianna. I don't see her lasting long. Her battle with touma is epic but if that's all she could do. What will she do to confront the holy right with its one stroke could take down the vatican but thanks to the pope it spared.
Personally, I think she's going to die next volume.... I don't even know why she's helping Sasha.

This would also be the first time Aleister has send another Esper that's not Touma into the world of magic. Usually he would only use Touma to 'preserve the balance', even though the Rome Catholics have given more than enough reason for war, but this time he send in his prized Number 1 into the fight- Has he become confident now that he has Aiwass and Fuze=Kazakiri? If he can get rid of God's Right Seat now, the Vaticans will be powerless to stop him.
Old 2010-01-12, 19:42   Link #1508
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Personally, I think she's going to die next volume.... I don't even know why she's helping Sasha.
Feminists???
Yeah I got that feeling too, why she is helping Sasha?? maybe she knows Fiamma's goals and methods and she doesn't want to help him anymore, just like Aqua since he knew the pope was attacked.

Quote:
This would also be the first time Aleister has send another Esper that's not Touma into the world of magic. Usually he would only use Touma to 'preserve the balance', even though the Rome Catholics have given more than enough reason for war, but this time he send in his prized Number 1 into the fight- Has he become confident now that he has Aiwass and Fuze=Kazakiri? If he can get rid of God's Right Seat now, the Vaticans will be powerless to stop him.
Maybe he wants to kill two birds in a sole shot.
Sending Accelerator can make him to involve his powers.
Killing one of the principal enemies.....

....... I also have the feeling that with Accelerator as part of the Misaka Net, Aleister can send/summon Aiwass to the location where Accelerator is going to.
Old 2010-01-12, 19:59   Link #1509
stillmissing

I'm not up to 19, so this isn't something I can comment on directly, but I was under the impression that it was Aiwass acting of his own will who pointed the way for Accelerator.
Old 2010-01-12, 20:09   Link #1510
Miraluka
Banned

Yeah, but Aleister can uses hack codes to move Aiwass like his fight against Accelerator or when he used Kazakiri.
Old 2010-01-12, 21:25   Link #1511
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
There might be some kind of loop hole that isn't revealed yet. Aleister, Kihara, and even Tsuchimikado all avoided the spell despite knowing about Vent, considered her a threat, or taken action against her.

As for magicians... Well, if Vent is trying to help Sasha escape from Fiamma, then it's likely she would have to confront him.
Doesn't the spell only effect those who view the caster as enemy, and bear hostility.
Kihara didn't treat Vent as an enemy, only an obstacle that needed to be removed.
Tsuchimikado just wanted to protest his step-sister, and didn't decided to let someone else handle Vent, so he was not hostile towards her either.

I guess it just depends on how well a person can control his/her emotions.
Old 2010-01-12, 23:45   Link #1512
Miraluka
Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...amazura_Shiage

Interesting...
Old 2010-01-13, 01:33   Link #1513
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Maybe he wants to kill two birds in a sole shot.
Sending Accelerator can make him to involve his powers.
Killing one of the principal enemies.....
Yeah, but usually he keeps his Espers away from Magicians and rely solely on Touma, no matter how powerful the threat is.

Quote:
....... I also have the feeling that with Accelerator as part of the Misaka Net, Aleister can send/summon Aiwass to the location where Accelerator is going to.
He's a Guardian Angel after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
Doesn't the spell only effect those who view the caster as enemy, and bear hostility.
Kihara didn't treat Vent as an enemy, only an obstacle that needed to be removed.
Tsuchimikado just wanted to protest his step-sister, and didn't decided to let someone else handle Vent, so he was not hostile towards her either.

I guess it just depends on how well a person can control his/her emotions.
I think I got it, if you look at Yomikawa's POV, Divine Punishment spell only kicked in after she felt a surge of anger towards Vent for her unconscious colleagues. That might be the deciding factor- So if one could remain calm while fighting her...
Old 2010-01-13, 13:15   Link #1514
tsunade666

I think just trying to target her or just view her as an opponent then it will activate.

Kihara's target is accelerator and not vent. That's enough reason for me unless their is more to it.

And I also had the feeling that where accelerator is Aiwass can be summoned or emerges. Accelerator being connected to the network just like aiwass can only exist inside the network. Then they link each other.

And honestly even if they gang up with Fianna I don't see them winning at all unless an unexpected thing happen.
Old 2010-01-13, 16:44   Link #1515
sasuke706

Quote:
That description is somewhat misleading...

Saying he's Crowley's nemesis implies they're at odds with each other willingly, but as I understand it, he unintentionally became his enemy due to actually defeating Mugino to save his life. Does he even know he's Crowley's enemy? A lot of people don't even know he's alive or pulling the strings.

And the 'enough skill to defeat a level 5' part is also misleading. While of course he had to have skill to even stay alive against Mugino, that doesn't really apply to the other level 5's. Gunha wouldn't die if I shot I bet, Misaka has her electromagnetism, and Accelerator has his redirection. The only other two viable, ignoring the sixth ranked, would be The Queen who's largely unknown and who I assume has little heads-on battling ability, and Kakine probably wouldn't lose, but I wouldn't label it too unlikely like Accelerator.
Old 2010-01-13, 18:54   Link #1516
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
And honestly even if they gang up with Fianna I don't see them winning at all unless an unexpected thing happen.
Why not? Unless you mean a Fiamma with a complete Holy Right and is now wielding the power of THE Archangel Michael, then yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
And the 'enough skill to defeat a level 5' part is also misleading. While of course he had to have skill to even stay alive against Mugino, that doesn't really apply to the other level 5's. Gunha wouldn't die if I shot I bet, Misaka has her electromagnetism, and Accelerator has his redirection. The only other two viable, ignoring the sixth ranked, would be The Queen who's largely unknown and who I assume has little heads-on battling ability, and Kakine probably wouldn't lose, but I wouldn't label it too unlikely like Accelerator.
To me, it just seems like he got off a lucky shot...

Which reminds me, we need a protagonist from the magic side. Till now, every hero has always been on the Science side.
Old 2010-01-13, 19:47   Link #1517
babohtea

I think the reason for that is because the magic side is much more established. Learning magic basically requires one to be associated with an extremely traditional and controlling society. It's much more likely that a renegade like Touma would come from the fledgling science society.

But I guess with the turmoil being caused by Touma it's very likely another magic protagonist would be produced. I'd rather they focus more on the 4 main characters they already have instead of introducing more though.
Old 2010-01-13, 20:43   Link #1518
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Which reminds me, we need a protagonist from the magic side. Till now, every hero has always been on the Science side.
Well, for me Touma counts more as protagonist of the magic side rather than science side since Accelerator become the protagonist in the science even more with his problems with the RCC and GRS, althought Touma is not a magician.
Old 2010-01-13, 21:10   Link #1519
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, for me Touma counts more as protagonist of the magic side rather than science side since Accelerator become the protagonist in the science even more with his problems with the RCC and GRS, althought Touma is not a magician.
Sure Touma handles all the dirty work when it comes to Magic, but what I meant is a main protagonist that comes from a Magic background.

Then again, babohtea has a point, we already have too many characters. Though it doesn't really bother me that much, because storywise we have several POVs, sometimes they don't even cross.

Can Hamazura Shiage be considered a main protagonist? I know he's the Anti-Aleister plan and all, but aside from scoring Rikou and defeating Mugino (Or is it 'scoring Mugino' as well ?) , what else did he do? How did he cross path with Accelerator in Volume 19?
Old 2010-01-13, 21:29   Link #1520
Miraluka
Banned

Good clarification, Touma is protagonist for the magic side but he doesn't come from it.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen