AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-09-27, 10:41   Link #21
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Team Fortress 2

Anyone else here play this? Over the last few months I've really grown to like this. Its comical, twisted approach to the first-person shooter genre cracks me up and keeps me interested. Fave maps are Goldrush, Dustbowl, Gravelpit, Hydro and 2Fort.

I'm consistently scoring well when I go Pyro and Medic, especially with Pyro. Lately I've gotten much better with Spy and managed to hone in the stealth+disguise without being seen trick. I can do Demoman okay with the sticky bombs but I'm not that good with predicting movements via the pipebomb gun. Soldier I'm okay with but I never seem to get the one-shot at-the-feet rockets some opponents consistently get, I always leave them near dead. -_- Heavy I do fairly well with. Sniper I've had a few insane rounds with but generally my aim is haphazard. Engineer I've grown tired of, too easy to be blown up now. Scout I don't like much, I only go that for a final cart/point rush in close matches.

Anyone know which class is going to get the upgrade pack next?
Old 2008-09-27, 15:42   Link #22
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
I've actually been playing TFC the first version to this game for a couple years now, but then when I saw TF2 makes it way into steam I got pretty depressed as seeing as a lot of the skills that you needed in TFC seemed to not be available. Especially how its designed looked like a pixar movie to me for some odd reason. I rather be playing FF ( Fortress Forever ) which is the Half-Life 2 engine game for the original TFC
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 21:19   Link #23
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I dunno, I just like the fact it's incredibly zany and a good mix of skills required.

The Heavy pack was a letdown IMO. Sandvich was awesome! But Natascha and Boxing Gloves....zzzz. Honestly, I don't see Heavies cranking Natascha because they will lose in a DPS fight to the death with it. The slow is decent but losing 25% damage for it? Not cool.

The Pyro and Medic packs were much better. Backburner and Axtinguisher along with Blutsauge and the improved Saw.

I just hope Snipers don't get the next upgrade pack. The thought of 20 Snipers in the one match.....O_O If that happens, I'll just spam Spy.
Old 2008-10-11, 01:03   Link #24
XenophunK
INACTIVITY

Send a message via MSN to XenophunK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I dunno, I just like the fact it's incredibly zany and a good mix of skills required.

The Heavy pack was a letdown IMO. Sandvich was awesome! But Natascha and Boxing Gloves....zzzz. Honestly, I don't see Heavies cranking Natascha because they will lose in a DPS fight to the death with it. The slow is decent but losing 25% damage for it? Not cool.

The Pyro and Medic packs were much better. Backburner and Axtinguisher along with Blutsauge and the improved Saw.

I just hope Snipers don't get the next upgrade pack. The thought of 20 Snipers in the one match.....O_O If that happens, I'll just spam Spy.
Engy/Spy should be released in syndication.
Old 2008-10-11, 08:21   Link #25
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Ooohhhhh...

Now THAT is gonna be very volatile! I can see a lot of camp-offs, mega stealth and the like. I'll be very interested to see what they give as upgrades.
Old 2008-10-15, 22:51   Link #26
MasterJ633

Send a message via AIM to MasterJ633
I played this for awhile in the past. Have been busy lately.
I am good as a Sniper. I think i got 25+ Kills in a Single Round once.
Good when there is a group of enemies surrounded around the card that aren't paying attention. I think i 1 time (i got SOOOOO lucky that time) got 7 headshots in about 10 seconds (Time taken to load each shot).

When i get a faster computer, i should be able to play better (i lag when there is alot of action happening in the same place, mostly when i am scoped).
MasterJ633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 23:16   Link #27
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Play it with a friend when I get bore (he plays way more then me). I stick to a Medic most the time, its great fun.

Want to get the last weapon.
Old 2009-12-17, 11:50   Link #28
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

woot new weapons for soldiers and demo tomorrow!
http://www.teamfortress.com/war/part6/index.htm
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 12:13   Link #29
Statonxyb
hrm

Valve needs to actually work on Episode 3 instead of L4D2 and other multiplayer crap.
Old 2009-12-17, 23:16   Link #30
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

OMG the new sword and shield is funny as hell XD
Old 2009-12-18, 23:43   Link #31
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
OMG the new sword and shield is funny as hell XD
It gets to driving a Solly insane when in confined spaces, like the spiral hallway on 2Fort. I've run into many a wall because of the Eyelander/Targe combo.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 23:56   Link #32
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
It gets to driving a Solly insane when in confined spaces, like the spiral hallway on 2Fort. I've run into many a wall because of the Eyelander/Targe combo.
go go go free weekend!!!
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 00:12   Link #33
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

the new rocket launcher is not as great as I throught it would be, still very slow, but the sword and shield is ownning everyone left and right, basically demo are the new king cause they can close range or long range excpet not being able to jump anymore which is not that big of a draw back.
Old 2009-12-19, 00:15   Link #34
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statonxyb View Post
Valve needs to actually work on Episode 3 instead of L4D2 and other multiplayer crap.
TF2 is the opposite of multiplayer crap. Personally I don't care for L4D 1&2.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 08:52   Link #35
Nosauz

although the big problem will be gunboats.... HOLY FUCKING SHIT, this will not be balanced in competive play, and it makes my life as a bed medic even more dangerous, getting flanked from the sides is already bad enough but when soldiers on a whim just come flying above with those things its most likely going to be a wasted uber.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 20:14   Link #36
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Resurrecting this topic cause I have no idea why it's dead.

Just recently got a PC that's able to run the game. I already liked it before I did, but I'm glad I'm finally able to play it myself. =D

So what does everybody think of the new Australian Christmas update complete with the new Medieval Mode and the Demoman's first new alternate primary weapon the Loch-n-Load?

I have yet to try either, but the new melee-only mode looks like fun, though I worry that everyone will be Snipers since they can use the Huntsman. =/

Oh and just for the sake of some your curiosity, my current character loadouts are:

Scout: Force-A-Nature, Bonk! Atomic Punch, The Sandman
Soldier: Direct Hit, The Gunboats, The Equalizer
Pyro: Flamethrower, Flare Gun, Power Jack
Demoman: Grenade Launcher, Scottish Resistance, The Eyelander
Heavy: Nastacha, Sandvich, Killing Gloves of Boxing
Engineer: Frontier Justice, The Wrangler, Southern Hospitality
Medic: Blutsauger, Medigun, Ubersaw
Sniper: Huntsman, Jarate, Tribalman's Shiv
Spy: Ambassador, Knife, Cloak and Dagger
Old 2011-06-23, 22:05   Link #37
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Game's F2P (free to play) on PC now.~ Whoever looked past this godsend of an multiplayer FPS game when it still cost something, now is the time to get it on Steam.~

There's never been an online game I've enjoyed as much as this one.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-06-23 at 22:40.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 22:40   Link #38
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's become F2P? I bought it when it went on sale, but haven't touch it for at least a year, mainly because I don't have my friends that I can play with on this game.
Old 2011-06-23, 22:50   Link #39
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Defiantly gonna try it now and see what all the fuss about Team Fortress is about.
Old 2011-06-23, 22:55   Link #40
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
It's become F2P? I bought it when it went on sale, but haven't touch it for at least a year, mainly because I don't have my friends that I can play with on this game.
It just went F2P today along with the release of Meet the Medic.

If you'd like you can add me on Steam. My ID is "SilverSyko", just like here. I'd gladly play with ya.

Quote:
Defiantly gonna try it now and see what all the fuss about Team Fortress is about.
Since you're such an avid PC gamer, I was wondering for a while if you played it or not.