AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-22, 16:21   Link #921
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

That depends on the types of weapons being used. With regular blades - Claymores have an advantage, but as soon as those pesky light sabers get back into the hands of the Jedi, the lightsaber pwns nearly all blade-based weapons ever known.

Of course the best one hands down is Hikari no Ken (Sword of Light - Slayers) which could probably beat out even a lightsaber. I'd like to see Irene-san use Quicksword with the Hikari no Ken...@_@
Old 2008-01-22, 16:23   Link #922
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
Darth Maul, Jedi?
Jedi and sith are just the diffrent sides of the same coin they are not total different.
Old 2008-01-22, 16:33   Link #923
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

That's not what I meant.. What is Jedi and what is Darth Maul was what I meant but after doing some research I found it was some star war stuff which I am completely unaware of.
Old 2008-01-22, 16:58   Link #924
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
That depends on the types of weapons being used. With regular blades - Claymores have an advantage, but as soon as those pesky light sabers get back into the hands of the Jedi, the lightsaber pwns nearly all blade-based weapons ever known.

Of course the best one hands down is Hikari no Ken (Sword of Light - Slayers) which could probably beat out even a lightsaber. I'd like to see Irene-san use Quicksword with the Hikari no Ken...@_@
imho the Hikari no Ken easily pwns every lightsaber of past, present and future

Jedi are humans, right? imho few humans can stand a fair chance against Claymores, let alone ABs...
Guts, Dio Brando and JoJo, and (if Claymores still have tsubo after the transformation) Hokuto Shinken martial artists, and few others...
Old 2008-01-22, 17:04   Link #925
koffy
beggar

The jedi concentrateing strong all the time, so Galatea's skill wouldnt work effectively aganist them I think. Thinking about Clare's quicksword...in this case Darth Maul falls apart more than 2 pieces...
Old 2008-01-22, 17:20   Link #926
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
imho the Hikari no Ken easily pwns every lightsaber of past, present and future

Jedi are humans, right? imho few humans can stand a fair chance against Claymores, let alone ABs...
Guts, Dio Brando and JoJo, and (if Claymores still have tsubo after the transformation) Hokuto Shinken martial artists, and few others...
To be fair, Claymores are humans too, just special, such is the case with Jedi.

And not all Jedi are human, Darth Maul definatly isn't.

Watch the Clone Wars cartoon series and you will get a better idea of Jedi using an "Anime" ruleset are capable off. Mace Windu, in one fight scene, basically destroys an entire army of super battle droids single-handedly, and he was bare-handed for part of that fight.

Also check out the trailers for that game "The Force Unleashed" to get an even better idea of what a powerful Jedi can do. (Ripping a star destroyer from the sky? Check)
Old 2008-01-22, 17:51   Link #927
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Well there are some points to consider with this conflict. First off, if medichlorians don't emit youki then darth maul is invisible to youki sensing and manipulation. Even though a claymore would be faster and stronger than darth maul, sith and jedi's can see the future somewhat (hence the ability to block blasters) so speed may not make too much of a difference. Not to mention he could force choke them, force lift them, throw things at them, force push them, or possibly even lightning strike them (don't remember if darth maul had those abilities as I'm not up on my star wars universe info but other sith have the abilities for sure). Not to mention that his weapon is far more powerful and could shred any sword to pieces. If it were a footrace or a power lifting competition the claymores would destroy him. Physically I don't think darth maul would stand a chance, but it's that force bit that could really screw the battle up.

Of course, looking at the conflict like this is kind of like trying to plug a usb cable into a phone jack; the 2 fictional universes' are not really compatible. Adjustments must be made. I think Clare and Galatea would make fantastic Jedi's. Darth maul would make a great awakened being. I imagine he would be somewhat like Rigald only with even less talking.
Old 2008-01-22, 18:09   Link #928
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
To be fair, Claymores are humans too, just special, such is the case with Jedi.

And not all Jedi are human, Darth Maul definatly isn't.

Watch the Clone Wars cartoon series and you will get a better idea of Jedi using an "Anime" ruleset are capable off. Mace Windu, in one fight scene, basically destroys an entire army of super battle droids single-handedly, and he was bare-handed for part of that fight.

Also check out the trailers for that game "The Force Unleashed" to get an even better idea of what a powerful Jedi can do. (Ripping a star destroyer from the sky? Check)
I wouldn't really take games as cannon. When you read the books jedi are rarely able to pull off feats like this and when they do they are physically and mentally pushed to breaking point,the number of jedi able to perform them are also very rare maybe only 1-2 a generation.

No darth maul was an Iridonian not human but most races senses are close to human standard.
Old 2008-01-22, 19:02   Link #929
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

There's only one human who can take on Priscilla and the AOs. Right now, he's too busy facing Apostles though.
Old 2008-01-22, 19:05   Link #930
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Oh, I agree Chibi, comparing the two universes is going to be difficult, they operate under completely different rule sets.

Force powers would be a huge advantage, Force Choking would be something no Claymore could even stop.

Claymores definatly have Jedi beat on a very physichal level though, they are clearly faster and stronger, but as pointed out, Jedi do have incrediably reflexes and alot of "magic" abilities that don't have a place in the Claymoreverse.

Also the 1-2 powerful Jedi a generation seems to match the Claymore standard of a Rank 1 and 2 Warrior.

------------------

Berserk, although also possesing magic, is alot closer in comparison to the "feel" of Claymore.

Although I think anything around Rigaldo's level would tear Guts apart.

---------------

Another great comparison for the Claymoreverse is "The Witcher" the similarities between the two stories are quite amusing to me, and the game was hella-fun, just finished it today.
Old 2008-01-22, 19:41   Link #931
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Oh, I agree Chibi, comparing the two universes is going to be difficult, they operate under completely different rule sets.

Force powers would be a huge advantage, Force Choking would be something no Claymore could even stop.

Claymores definatly have Jedi beat on a very physichal level though, they are clearly faster and stronger, but as pointed out, Jedi do have incrediably reflexes and alot of "magic" abilities that don't have a place in the Claymoreverse.

Also the 1-2 powerful Jedi a generation seems to match the Claymore standard of a Rank 1 and 2 Warrior.

------------------

Berserk, although also possesing magic, is alot closer in comparison to the "feel" of Claymore.

Although I think anything around Rigaldo's level would tear Guts apart.

---------------

Another great comparison for the Claymoreverse is "The Witcher" the similarities between the two stories are quite amusing to me, and the game was hella-fun, just finished it today.
It's not so much the battle of powers but the claymore's shier speed how do you kill something that can move faster than your brain and reaction speed can keep up with.

I know this is bad example because she's one of the most powerful claymores.When Tersea was introduced she killed the 7 yoma in the village where Clare was she moved at such speeds that the yoma couldn't even comprehend never mind react to, Clare also showed that sort of speed when saving raki in the frist chapter even when she was one of the weakist claymores.

Last edited by Newhope; 2008-01-22 at 22:50.
Old 2008-01-22, 21:25   Link #932
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
It's not so much the battle of powers but the claymore's shier speed how do you kill something that can mover faster than your brain and reaction speed can keep up with.

I know this is bad example because she's one of the most powerful claymores.When Tersea was introduced she killed the 7 yoma in the village where Clare was she moved at such speeds that the yoma couldn't even comprehend nevermind react to, Clare also showed that sort of speed when saving raki in the frist chapter even when she was one of the weakist claymores.
Considering that Jedi are quite capable of blocking bullets, I consider them fast enough, considering normal humans can't block bullets either.

Jedi have anything but human reflexes.
Old 2008-01-22, 21:47   Link #933
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
It's not so much the battle of powers but the claymore's shier speed how do you kill something that can mover faster than your brain and reaction speed can keep up with.

I know this is bad example because she's one of the most powerful claymores.When Tersea was introduced she killed the 7 yoma in the village where Clare was she moved at such speeds that the yoma couldn't even comprehend nevermind react to, Clare also showed that sort of speed when saving raki in the frist chapter even when she was one of the weakist claymores.
When they are 'letting the force flow through them' Jedi's reaction speeds are enhanced to insane levels because they can sense every action that has just happened, is happening, or will happen. It's all connected through the force. And even in the movies Jedi show off a few stunts that seem pretty equal to average Claymore levels of speed. For strength, the Jedi have the force...such cheats.

If they were capable of such speed constantly, then an average fully-trained Jedi Knight would propably have little trouble handling anything less than a single digit Claymore. The only way a Claymore could beat a Jedi would be to move so insanely fast that the Jedi can't react in time no matter how attuned to the force they are.

For example, a Jedi standing in range of Flora's Windcutter would probably be sliced to giblets before they knew what was happening, but if they started a long distance apart it would take something like awakened Clare to close the gap before the Jedi could push them away or hold them with the force. The reason why you don't really see stuff like that happening constantly in the Movies is because an alert Jedi can counter hostile force energy and so we just never see it take effect on screen.

Although, I may be wrong due to the fact it appears Jedi can only make use of extreme speeds in short bursts. In that case a Claymore will win hands down just due to superior endurance and toughness. Jedi tire rather quickly, and generally can't fight past the point where they take a serious flesh wound or lose a limb.

And about the lightsaber... It definately would be an unfair advantage. A Claymore would have to pretty much always strike the Jedi where they were unable to block and dodge instead of parrying if they didn't want to lose their sword.

I think though, to be fair...if Clare or Galatea fought Darth Maul, Yoki would probably have to be interconnected with The Force to level the playing field. In which cause Darth Maul would get his ass handed to him by either one since they are such great Yoki sensors. I'd bet that Darth Maul is too elite and focused to have his force attacks redirected by Galatea though.
Old 2008-01-22, 21:58   Link #934
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

If Clare or Galatea are going to fight Darth Maul then they get to have Mandalorian armor like Boba Fett to level the playing field. Then they win. What would happen in the fight would really depend on how it is set up. Is this a formal duel? Is it a surprise attack? Are they fighting in an enclosed space? Getting around the force is the hardest thing because if he catches them with any of the force abilities they are screwed (hence the mandalorian armor ).

I'm still liking the idea of Claymores being jedi's. Sith were once jedi's so darth maul would be like an awakened being (kind of). Maybe we should just merge the two stories? And if nothing else, Galatea and Clare are Hero's while Darth Maul is a Villain so he loses eventually even if he takes out Flora, Undine...

Ooh, Galatea in Mandalorian armor...

*I wonder, what is going to happen when an administrator finds this discussion?*
Old 2008-01-22, 22:14   Link #935
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

LoL. Good question. Erm, It's still On-Topic!! Kinda!

If the Claymore's weren't capable of already fighting a Jedi evenly then Mandalorian Armor wouldn't make much of a difference. But speaking of Mandalorian Armor, I just remembered how much trouble Obi-wan had with Jango Fett who was just a normal human, and I say; "HAH!!! Claymore pwn Jedi."
Would be awesome if Claymore's wore something like Mandalorian armor though.

But something else to consider, Force abilities seem to require targeting. So if the Claymore is moving too fast a Jedi really won't ever be able to hit them with the force.
Old 2008-01-22, 23:28   Link #936
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valduran View Post
LoL. Good question. Erm, It's still On-Topic!! Kinda!

If the Claymore's weren't capable of already fighting a Jedi evenly then Mandalorian Armor wouldn't make much of a difference. But speaking of Mandalorian Armor, I just remembered how much trouble Obi-wan had with Jango Fett who was just a normal human, and I say; "HAH!!! Claymore pwn Jedi."
Would be awesome if Claymore's wore something like Mandalorian armor though.

But something else to consider, Force abilities seem to require targeting. So if the Claymore is moving too fast a Jedi really won't ever be able to hit them with the force.
Actually Mandalorian's are not human, they would be comparable to super-humans according to their back-story, considering Jedi were the only thing that could stand up to them in the Star-wars universe.

Mandalorian armor does not protect from Jedi abilities as far as I know, but such armor (and weapons) do exist, and a Claymore would win hands down with them.

Mandalorian armor is supposed to be some of the best armor in existance though.

Even if force abilities require targeting, the jedi are fully aware of everything due to their insane force-enchanced reflexes, so short of some of the fastest Claymores, a Claymore would be toast, hence why I mentioned single-digit level Claymores. The Teras Kasi I mentioned before are actually force users who specialize in body enchancement with force abilities, and they are actually able to take most Jedi with their bare-hands due to their highly-enchanced reflexes and speed/strength.

But I digress, it is too hard to compare and we should stop before a forum mod comes and smites us.
Old 2008-01-23, 05:06   Link #937
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

You can't imagine how tempted I was to click that Report to Moderator button
But you know the Claymore board is getting dull since we beat every possible subject to death with discussions. Now we need the next chapter and it better finish off Agatha in some wicked way
Old 2008-01-23, 05:16   Link #938
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
You can't imagine how tempted I was to click that Report to Moderator button
I emphasize with you.

Quote:
But you know the Claymore board is getting dull since we beat every possible subject to death with discussions. Now we need the next chapter and it better finish off Agatha in some wicked way
If you want to off-topic ramble about mandalorian armor, I'd suggest the monthly chapter thread. That's the place for "Oh lord I am so bored waiting for the next chapter." Umm... I mean... You should never go off topic.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-01-23, 05:59   Link #939
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Hahahaha, it backfired at me!
Old 2008-01-23, 09:39   Link #940
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I emphasize with you.

If you want to off-topic ramble about mandalorian armor, I'd suggest the monthly chapter thread. That's the place for "Oh lord I am so bored waiting for the next chapter." Umm... I mean... You should never go off topic.

Noted for future reference.