AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-05, 18:54   Link #41
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Is there some underlying thing involving Woody Allen there?

And I like Woody, he needs more airtime (hah, unintentional pun there, sorry).

Back to Alice for a moment: The beach episode really boosted her even further up my like-o-meter, with that single comment regarding Akira. Sexy dynamite indeed, and the way she says it is priceless. It'll take Akari a lot of work to knock Alice from #1 and take the top spot for herself
Old 2006-04-05, 18:59   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-05, 19:07   Link #43
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-05, 19:10   Link #44
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Again, I'm sorry what you guys want to hear is wrong but maybe you should listen to the CORRECT TRANSLATION, rather than a mistaken Americanization. I find it much funnier the right way, but that could be because I understand Japanese.
Old 2006-04-05, 19:14   Link #45
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
Again, I'm sorry what you guys want to hear is wrong but maybe you should listen to the CORRECT TRANSLATION, rather than a mistaken Americanization.
We know its right, but the first thing i heard was Pigtails.. so i'm gonna stick with that.
Old 2006-04-05, 19:43   Link #46
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Hearing Akatsuki calling Akari 'Sideburns' would not be funny to me. At all. Sure it's done in jest, but it still sounds insulting. Pigtails just fits much better and the way he says it just works for me. I honestly don't care for a perfect literal translation in situations like this, and I'm glad the group I'm following is using Pigtails.

Angelsama - true
Old 2006-04-05, 19:54   Link #47
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I'm also a fan of long hair and agree that when they cut it short it usually doesn't look as good. If they want it shorter for day-to-day actions I'd rather them tail it or put it up or something. I mean, look at Mizuho from Please Teacher (seriously, just look at her. You won't regret it. Her hair's pretty damn long but when done up it still looks nice without sacrificing the chance at being long again.

As for the translation, I far prefer it to be fluid than accurate. So long as what it's conveying can be enjoyed in the same sense, I'm all for it. To me sideburns sounds awkward, stupid and more like an outright insult than an unwanted nickname.

Calling a girl sideburns is effectivly calling her a hairy lady and that tends to get guys kicked in the nuts.
Old 2006-04-05, 19:56   Link #48
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Well, then, you all have my sympathies. Catch you later.
Old 2006-04-05, 19:56   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Calling a girl sideburns is effectivly calling her a hairy lady and that tends to get guys kicked in the nuts.
Heh, our Akari wouldn't be one to do that. ^^
Old 2006-04-05, 19:59   Link #50
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Spoiler for those who like Woody:

Spoiler:

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-04-05, 20:10   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-05, 22:18   Link #52
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Um, Akari is female. So... what's wrong with her having a feminine walk? O_o
When you have a half minute long clip of the girl walking from a worm eye view that's the thing you notice
Old 2006-04-05, 23:11   Link #53
kron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-05, 23:22   Link #54
kron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-06, 10:17   Link #55
lavielove

I just felt like Aria was better animated than the last season.Hopefully they can keep this up for next episodes.I want to ask some questions coz I'm quite new to Aria[only watched 2 episodes in the last season]. What's the favourite food of President ?? What's the favourite thing or favourite encounter of Akari ???
Old 2006-04-06, 10:36   Link #56
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
I just felt like Aria was better animated than the last season.Hopefully they can keep this up for next episodes.I want to ask some questions coz I'm quite new to Aria[only watched 2 episodes in the last season]. What's the favourite food of President ?? What's the favourite thing or favourite encounter of Akari ???

I dont think the president has a favourite food, he is happy as long as he is fed =D
Hmmm about Akari, well she doesnt have a favourite encounter, i think at the end of the last season she sums up all of the encouters and thinks of all of Aqua and Neo Venezia as a place of wonders and where her friends are, something very touching and feel good along those lines.

Anyway i think you should watch the whole of the first season its awesome!
Old 2006-04-06, 18:44   Link #57
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Woody/Alice pairing - Ah! So that's where that H doujin got it's idea.

Actually, out of all the anime worlds I'd wanna visit Neo Venezia has got to be the top of the list. Everything there's just so... perfect, ya know? But yet it has such a comparatively sad history I feel compelled to respect.
Old 2006-04-06, 19:42   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Actually, out of all the anime worlds I'd wanna visit Neo Venezia has got to be the top of the list. Everything there's just so... perfect, ya know? But yet it has such a comparatively sad history I feel compelled to respect.
Heh, i know what you mean.. i really could just relax and live there for the rest of my life. I might just start training to become a Undine. ^^;
Old 2006-04-06, 20:40   Link #59
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Hehe, Yeah, I'd have to agree as well. I've been thinking of visiting Venice later this year just to experience a gondola ride first hand Shame there's no change of running into Akari or Alice while I'm there though.
Old 2006-04-07, 00:41   Link #60
Rion
Ramune~

Quote:
I've been thinking of visiting Venice later this year just to experience a gondola ride first hand
Good luck *g* I've been there twice and never took a trip on a gondola, because it's damn expensive... and because I've heard that most gondoliers are not serious about their work (charge more than they should, take the easiest routes at uninteresting places etc.) If you happen to have friends in Venice or at least Italy, it might help.

As for me: As much as I love the anime, I think right now I'd be bored to death as an undine within a month. But once I get old, I would love to live at such a peaceful place and having such a (mentally) relaxing work.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, hal, science fiction, seinen, slice of life