AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-04-18, 11:21   Link #361
marvelB

Next chapter is out!

So, we learn a bit of Joubin's past, the reason why his mother was arrested, and that there's a "new type" of Rokakaka, which is what our hero ate. And at the end of the chapter, the fruit appraiser finally appears! The mystery behind those fruits deepen even further....!!!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 15:33   Link #362
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Joubin's childhood was pretty fucked up. We know why it's still close to his mother now, she did it all for him.
Old 2017-05-18, 16:20   Link #363
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The plant appraiser is a pretty ... unique guy. The party is followed by something that can make trees rotate but there is absolutely no clue to be found on who the enemy is so far.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 16:24   Link #364
marvelB

Alrighty, next chapter's here!

Well now, the plant appraiser most certainly proved himself to be quite the character.... him living on a ski lift makes me think that he's like the alternate version of the Superfly stand user from part 4, though the lift itself isn't his stand. And I wonder if it really is a rock human who's manipulating those trees....?
Old 2017-06-18, 14:56   Link #365
marvelB

Chapter 66 is out!

And man, Rai just becomes more fascinating by the second. Sure, he may be kind of a dick at some points (can't say I approve of what he did to Yasuho at the end there), but I still can't bring myself to hate him for some reason. Still, his stand basically feels like Stone Free 2.0.... well, let's see if he can make any particularly unique uses of it, I guess.

And boy, that new enemy stand is another frightening one. So it's basically like some deadly bacteria or something.... Definitely wonder how this one can be beaten, since it looks to be an automatic-type stand (which are usually controlled from a great distance)....
Old 2017-06-20, 11:26   Link #366
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"Dickhead" was a rather apt description of Rai by Yasuho. She had no idea how much.

I don't think he's evil per say, he just strikes me as a guy who'd do anything to survive, even if it means sacrificing others.
Old 2017-07-18, 13:30   Link #367
marvelB

Chapter 67 has arrived!

So, despite being knocked off the lift, Yasuho still proved to be an invaluable asset in this battle.... as thanks to her, the enemy stand user(s) have finally been revealed: A freaky pair of rock humans....!!!
Old 2017-07-18, 16:38   Link #368
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

More rock humans. What are they and where the hell do they come from?
Old 2017-08-18, 10:10   Link #369
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Spoiler for new chapter:
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 10:55   Link #370
marvelB

Translated 68 is here!

So, it turns out there aren't just rock humans.... but rock animals, as well! And just when Josuke and Yasuho think they've got the enemy's plan figured out, Rai ends up getting cornered by the human's stand ability! Can he survive this battle....!!?
Old 2017-08-18, 22:21   Link #371
ellifeedn
Thinker

Didn't we know there were rock animals because of the dog?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 11:47   Link #372
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rai looks pretty screwed, but this is Jojo, so anything can happen. It seems like he's not such an asshole after all, since he thought better of Josuke after he disobeyed him and went to save Yasuho.
Old 2017-08-19, 14:44   Link #373
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I guess we agreed the rock humans are the main antagonists of part 8 at least till their leader appear. Are they this universe version of the Pillar Men?
Old 2017-09-19, 23:55   Link #374
marvelB

Meant to comment on the new chapter earlier, but I was busy at the time. Anyway, the battle against Urban Guerilla and his "pet" intensifies! UB indicates that the rock people have a greater purpose for the Rokakaka fruits beyond wealth and longevity.... and that normal humans technically aren't "compatible" with them. Maybe the fruits are something like the Red Stone of Aja for the rock people....?

BTW, I loved Rai's stunt where he sling-shots a fork into UB's eye, lol. But now it looks like it's Josuke alone who must take on the two rock creatures (who fused together!).....
Old 2017-09-20, 11:50   Link #375
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hadn't thought that the Rokakaka fruits could be like the Red Stone of Aja for the rock humans. Maybe we'll get an ultimate life form as a final boss once again. I doubt it though.
Old 2017-10-18, 15:46   Link #376
marvelB

Next chapter is here!

Well, it was certainly a tough battle, but Josuke and Rai manage to take down Urban Guerilla and his pet through a clever team tactic! Interestingly, before his demise, UG mentions that Kira made better use of the Rokakaka than Damo's gang did, who only wanted to exploit the fruits for financial gain. After the battle, Rai reveals his method to grow a new fruit, which is through the use of bugs....

Meanwhile, Joubin meets up with (presumably) a new enemy rock human: A.... tiny old man? The new enemy wants Joubin to cooperate with him in order to keep Josuke's group from harvesting the Rokakaka, which involves closing off the Higashikata estate. Amusingly, while in the middle of discussing his plan, Tom (the new enemy) gets hit on by some random chick (who I guess has a fetish for little people, lol ). Looks like Josuke's gang are gonna have their hands full again....
Old 2017-10-19, 11:25   Link #377
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Poor Tom is pretty funny. He seems to be quite the ladies' man despite his appearance.

Interesting that Urban Guerilla was a doctor.
Old 2017-11-17, 12:16   Link #378
marvelB

Next chapter's here!

This one is particularly interesting as it mainly gives us a flashback of Yasuho's past. Long story short, it turns out she encountered the rock creatures earlier than she initially thought.....
Old 2017-11-18, 13:48   Link #379
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a very interesting chapter, and a nice break from all the action. It feels like Yasuho meeting Jousuke was destiny. Holly and Kira seemed to both know about the rock lifeforms.
Old 2017-12-18, 11:26   Link #380
marvelB

Next chapter's here!

So, we finally get a bit of insight into Joubin's ambitions, Josuke and Rai are preparing to harvest the fruit, and we finally see Poor Tom's stand in action..... with Tsurugi and his doggie being the first victims of its ability!

....And of course, the series has to go on break after such a cliffhanger. Dang it Araki, you're killing me!

Tags
action, adventure