1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-31, 06:21   Link #161
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Ugh, you have my condolences. Apparently this shit runs across the world.

"But she was 508, not 8"

Does that work in court?
Dunno, this morning I cancelled an order of H-manga (from LINDA) when I saw a huge warning about the shop relinquishing responsibility for any local laws and regulations... anyway, until summer, I think I can put up with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Thanks for your kind response.

Well... what can I say that I havent said before? Basically you are right, the show isnt only about ecchi scenes although one might say that the visuals are. The intricate dialogus was, what has drawn me into Bakemonogatari in the first place. I also enjoyed the stories about the girls and how Araragi helped them and his budding relationship with Senjougahara.

However in Nisemonogatari there isnt much plot so far..... I know there is a plot, but it is different to Bakemonogatari and the ridiculous amount of fanservice is distracting. See.... I have a hard time keeping track of the line of conversation, because my eyes are glued to the ecchi stuff the girls are doing and always wondering how far they will go this time. And I ish they would reduce that and show us some plot instead. Something mysterious and mythology laden like in Bakemonogatari.

Frankly, I dont know if it is due to the distracting fanservice or something else, but after 4 episodes of Nise.... I still have no idea what the hell is going on. Somebody cares to explain?

PS: I totally didnt recognize Hanekawa with the new haircut. The only thing I recognised from her was her chest.... lol. I kept thinking that the cleavage looks familiar, but the face doesnt, until it hit me, that she must have changed her hairstyle just like some other girls and its Hanekawa.
Sorry, the only thing that you recognized from Tsubasa-nyan was her chest

PS: Indeed a prominent feature of hers, that I drew thoroughly last week, but damn you troll... maybe you should also join the H-Army with such keen eyesight

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-01-31 at 06:25. Reason: suggestion :p
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 06:47   Link #162
Shikijin

Quote:
I still have no idea what the hell is going on. Somebody cares to explain?
Spoiler for what has happened so far:
It's not that there is no plot, it's the non-linear storytelling that confused you.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 06:51   Link #163
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Frankly, I dont know if it is due to the distracting fanservice or something else, but after 4 episodes of Nise.... I still have no idea what the hell is going on. Somebody cares to explain?
Koyomi is getting tutored over the summer by Hanekawa. Unexpectedly, he gets a free day when she calls and tells him she's busy. He uses this is an opportunity to catch up with people he hasn't seen in a while. What Koyomi is doing is not important, but various hints get dropped about what other people are doing during this day.

Koyomi's sisters are "playing hero" and investigating the person who spread the curse that afflicted Nadeko last season. Specifically, Karen is out looking for this person. In the middle of a conversation with Koyomi, she receives a call from Hanekawa, presumably telling her where the culprit is and she heads off to confront him.

The culprit is Kaiki Deishuu, a con artist who tricked Senjougahara in the past but seems to actually know something about the supernatural, like an evil Oshino. While Koyomi is playing at Kanbaru's house, Karen confronts Kaiki and ends up cursed by the "flame-wreathe bee", giving her a high fever. Presumably this was an attack by Kaiki. Afterwards Koyomi meets Kaiki while leaving Kanbaru's house and Kaiki mentions that he recently met another Araragi (ie: Karen).

Senjougahara locked up Koyomi after hearing that Kaiki was in town. This was to protect Koyomi from himself, because he's the kind of person who would endanger his own life trying to stop Kaiki. However, after getting a call from Tsukihi to come home and help Karen, he decides to stop playing along with Senjougahara and rush into the very same danger she was trying to protect him from. Senjougahara can't stop him, both because this nature of his is why she loves him and because Hanekawa threatened her over the phone.

When he gets home Karen is playing tough and doesn't want to tell him what's going on. He gets Hanekawa to explain what I just told you. Then he takes a bath and gets some advice about the bee from Shinobu, as well as discussing their shared past (which is currently unknown to anime-only viewers).
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 08:30   Link #164
Caithsith

to be honest, Nadeko fanservices in eps. 1 are much more disturbing to me than Shinobu's. i mean sure there is naked loli in bathroom, but her dialogues are good. IMHO kinda like Game of Thrones with its "sexposition", sure there is naked people and sex there but you should pay attention to what they say and other hints.
Nadeko fanservices are more disturbing because so far the only contribution she gave to the plot is by mentioning about charm. the rest is slutty Nadeko being slutty (and dialogue wise she is the worst of all heroine. there is no witty banter or jokes like with Hachikuji or Kanbaru)
Caithsith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 08:37   Link #165
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Not really, because scenes with him dont make up over 90% of the anime.... plus what scenes? You mean the ones wher he sits in the bathtub and the important parts are blackened, so that the virginity of our eyes is not endangered?

Like I said, I dont mind an erotic scene here and there, but this series is practically nothing but THAT!!! It looks like an animated collection of ecchi pictures. In every scene the girl is stretching herself erototically, posing, revealing what she shouldnt and hitting on Araragi.... which if you ask me is ridiculously inpropable.

The series just goes way too overboard with it and I reached my saturation point. Dropping this.
To call this series nothing but ecchi stuff is missing the mark as far as aiming at the Arctic only to end up hitting the Antarctic.....

Nise starts off slow but once you get to Tsukihi's part....

And the bits with Kaiki and Shinobu.....they are important. They are plot developments...In fact they are central to the occurances so far.
Old 2012-01-31, 11:05   Link #166
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Guys, Shinobu being naked is not fanservice... unless you think it is.

Nadeko's on the other hand.......................... .................................................. ................. .............should be expanded into a full bonus episode if there's any justice in this world.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 11:11   Link #167
klare

so Shinobu can talk but she choose not to talk in Bake and act emo, in Nise she choose to talk again, i guess she is the strongest seeing the way she handled the handcuffs

finally know how Hanekawa "convinced" Hitagi to release Araragi

and yeah, this eps feels like watching an ero show...
Old 2012-01-31, 11:45   Link #168
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
so Shinobu can talk but she choose not to talk in Bake and act emo, .
If I remember correctly, in one episode of Bakemonogatari Araragi appears puzzled when when one of the girls (I think it was the Inchou-san) observes how Shinobou is so quiet and gives them all the cold stare. So Shinobou has always been the talkative one but only in front of the master.

I enjoyed this episode sooooooo much!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 12:14   Link #169
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
If I remember correctly, in one episode of Bakemonogatari Araragi appears puzzled when when one of the girls (I think it was the Inchou-san) observes how Shinobou is so quiet and gives them all the cold stare. So Shinobou has always been the talkative one but only in front of the master.

I think you're thinking about Nadeko when she commented on how Shinobu looks at the girls different than from the boys.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 12:18   Link #170
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I think you're thinking about Nadeko when she commented on how Shinobu looks at the girls different than from the boys.
I'm sure you are right. I'll need to watch that series again soon.
Old 2012-01-31, 12:18   Link #171
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

that stare was only directed at Nadeko. Shinbo didn't have reaction to either Hitagi or kanabaru.
Old 2012-01-31, 12:26   Link #172
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that stare was only directed at Nadeko. Shinbo didn't have reaction to either Hitagi or kanabaru.
When time itself will take care of all the rivals for Shinobu, the chance still remains that ONLY Nadeko may be able circumvent the inevitable we mortal will face one day. That innocent girl who chops snake to pieces and pins them on tree when the occasion calls for it, can't be taken lightly about how resourceful she can be. No wonder Nadeko got the cold stare. I'm sure that was Shinbou's way of acknowledging a formidable nemesis.
Old 2012-01-31, 12:29   Link #173
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
When time itself will take care of all the rivals for Shinobu, the chance still remains that ONLY Nadeko may be able circumvent the inevitable we mortal will face one day. That innocent girl who chops snake to pieces and pins them on tree when the occasion calls for it, can't be taken lightly about how resourceful she can be. No wonder Nadeko got the cold stare. I'm sure that was Shinbou's way of acknowledging a formidable nemesis.
kanabaru did call her the final boss
Old 2012-01-31, 12:41   Link #174
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
kanabaru did call her the final boss
LOL... That's right! She did, didn't she? hahaha...
Old 2012-01-31, 17:56   Link #175
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

1st = woot... when did Hanekawa cut her hair and use contacts??? she's more cute....

2nd = finally I can see the main problem... everything is clear

3rd = yeah! the dialogue is easy to understand... I don't need to pause and think the dialogue's meaning

4th = Shinobu is here!!! and she's talking....!!!! *crying in happiness* that bathroom scene is very goooodddd.. and because of a doujin, I'm a AraragiXShinobu supporter... that's why I'm so happy

yandere tsukihi.... oh my.... kitchen knife.... lol

and my eyes are hurt because too many 'spotlights'... overcensored... xD
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 18:50   Link #176
Candyshark

Well to be honest no mattter how I could not see bath scene as erotic. 8 years old don't "tickle" me in those places. Nadeko, on other hand, is more pleasant eye-candy. Plus Nise bombs you with wall of text and plenty inbetween lines so no time to focus on ecchi. Since English isn't my mother-language I have to pause from time to time just to catch what is said. I still have to figure out what Koyomi ment by saying Hanekawa needs to accept her strenght.

I really like how all his interactions with girls shed more light on his relationship with Hitagi more than scenes with her (Even though I miss her presence a lot). She does have her reasons to be worried about her part in his life. Especially seeing how close that Shinobu/Koyomi intimacy transcends that of boyfriend/girlfriend he has with Senjougahara. Her vulnerablity and pouting, teasing,mischivieous nature was sight to be hold. Incredible how much she showed just in one scene.

P.S: I really interested how he gonna resolve problems on his own without Meme's help or by punching power.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 19:01   Link #177
kitten320

She spoke!
And wow, she really is a talkative one!

Also I have a feeling that there was more to that phone talk between Senjouhara and Hanekawa since Senjouhara talked a lot for just this small line.
Old 2012-01-31, 21:39   Link #178
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
I still have to figure out what Koyomi ment by saying Hanekawa needs to accept her strenght.
Well, it's in the context of her feeling like she's being blamed for Karen's affliction. The point is that if Hanekawa of all people looks for trouble she's going to find it.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 02:27   Link #179
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Well to be honest no mattter how I could not see bath scene as erotic. 8 years old don't "tickle" me in those places. Nadeko, on other hand, is more pleasant eye-candy.
Meh. Nadeko's no better IMO. Still a few years to go.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 02:29   Link #180
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well, it's in the context of her feeling like she's being blamed for Karen's affliction.
Eh? blamed by who? when? how was this feeling invoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The point is that if Hanekawa of all people looks for trouble she's going to find it.
Now, I am even more confused... what do you mean

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-02-01 at 02:29. Reason: typo
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote