AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 15:50   Link #1
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Canvas 2 ~Niji-iro no Sketch~

While this series has not yet been licensed we have received a C&D from Kadokawa Pictures USA, we therefore won't be listing fansubs of this series here on AnimeSuki anymore.

Please note that Kadokawa are acting on the behalf of the Japanese IP owners, Kadokawa Pictures USA themselves do not license such series but act as a master licensor, a middle-man who sells on the license to (typically) American anime companies. End of edit by Mod (xris)

As you all well know, it was me, the notorious mangatron, responsible for the creation of the Canvas 2 thread and the nosebleeds I helped induce. It was me who provided you with all the laughter, joy and smiles one can only imgaine at times.

But now, that is all lost.

Or so I thought the moment I read the bad news.

Listen people, the old Canvas 2 thread may be gone on this forum, but I am not gone. You are not gone as well. I'm still here, and I intend to bring this thread to a glorious height unlike the previous thread could have ever done. Im going to nosebleed 4 times as much, I'm going to moe melt faster than a bamboo stick in a Nuclear strike, I'm gonna....*sniff*...

I want everyone to support me, let's make this a memorable season of anime, and begin the new life of the Canvas 2 thread!!

I'll begin with a summary of Canvas 2 episode 12 in a bit...

Last edited by xris; 2008-06-11 at 09:25. Reason: Kadokawa update
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 15:55   Link #2
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

In a way... it's a good thing this happened. It gives members who hadn't really been very active in certain threads a second chance. I never posted in the Canvas 2 thread because I only actually picked up the first 10 eps a week or so ago (not through choice though, I've just been busy downloading lots of other stuff), but now I can keep up to date and be more active in a new thread

Loving this series to bits, I have to say. The characters, story, everything is just really nice. And top marks for having a male protagonist who a) is cool, and b) is actually a student teacher rather than a mere student. It's a nice and refreshing break from the standard harem formula. 10/10 from me

Last edited by Radiosity; 2005-12-18 at 17:07.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 16:01   Link #3
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I too have just recently started getting into the series as well and I had fun going along with the old thread as I watch the episodes. Now I start over anew and be active with the resurrectation of this thread. Speaking of which are episode 11 and 12 subbed yet?
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 16:05   Link #4
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Speaking of which are episode 11 and 12 subbed yet?

Hmm, I've been monitoring things related to my taste's, and I haven't seen any new subs yet. Hmm, according to the #lunaranime channel, they went on a nd released a batch of 1-10. So for any who are starting to watch Canvas 2, feel free to jump on it.
Old 2005-12-18, 17:18   Link #5
mangatron

Well, I finally decided to do a summary of episode 12 here. Now, I want to remind some of you I'm still going to be here, that blog of mine was to keep this nosebleeder nosebleeding while the forum was down lol.

I'd also like to remind you all that although some of you may think episode 12 is slow, just think of it
Spoiler:

Yes, I love those eye-catch's
Old 2005-12-18, 17:31   Link #6
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
*claims Elise before mangatron does*

There ya go. Any proof that you claimed her before? No? I thought so.
Old 2005-12-18, 17:36   Link #7
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
*claims Elise before mangatron does*

There ya go. Any proof that you claimed her before? No? I thought so.

Well now, I think you just erased your brains memories. Good going

I hereby reclaim Hagino, Tomoko, Sumire, Kiri, Elise, Konomi, hell, all of 2005's girls lol
Old 2005-12-18, 17:41   Link #8
Cless-kun
L33t H4x

Yeah, Canvas 2 indeed r0x0rs my b0x0rs. It's a shame that it's almost certain that Kiri shall win..bleh.
Cless-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 17:51   Link #9
DingoEnderZOE2

If Kiri wins then that's great in my opinion it would nice to see the main character end up with someone other then the expected Heroine. Moments like that don't happen very often.
Old 2005-12-18, 17:53   Link #10
Cless-kun
L33t H4x

Quote:
If Kiri wins then that's great in my opinion it would nice to see the main character end up with someone other then the expected Heroine. Moments like that don't happen very often.
Huh? The "expected heroine" as you say it's Kiri..imo.
Old 2005-12-18, 17:54   Link #11
DingoEnderZOE2

NO it's Elise....IMO.
Old 2005-12-18, 18:03   Link #12
Cless-kun
L33t H4x

Quote:
NO it's Elise....IMO.
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-18, 18:05   Link #13
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

DCSS sour me on the whole little sister who isn't a sister thing

So Childhood Friend FTW

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2005-12-18 at 18:36.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 18:12   Link #14
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
It's funny how the supporting cast always seem to be much nicer than the apparent female lead. In fact, I think in 95% of cases I'd always be inclined to chase a secondary character rather than the lead.

Love Hina - Motoko
DaCapo - Kotori (Alice in second season, then Kotori)
Ichigo 100% - Satsuki
Negima - Asuna is basically a Naru clone, but either way I'd probably be chasing Eva

Well, there are plenty of examples
Old 2005-12-18, 18:43   Link #15
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think Elise was the first girl we saw, and therefore the "expected" winner. Kiri appeared as a face from the past, and was doubtful of her own reception by Hiroki. I like all the girls in this show, but hope Hiroki ends up with Kiri, with whom he gets along so well, and who seems to me the most likely to be able to get him to paint again.

At first I thought episode 12 was slow, but as it went on I realized how much it had moved the characters.
Spoiler for episode 12:
This show continues to surprise and delight me. The Kiri eyecatches delighted me, too.

Glad to see the inimitable mangatron will be back leading the nosebleed chorus, but the title of the thread appears mistaken. Isn't this the "rainbow-colored" (虹色 niji-iro) Canvas?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 19:19   Link #16
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Glad to see the inimitable mangatron will be back leading the nosebleed chorus, but the title of the thread appears mistaken. Isn't this the "rainbow-colored" (虹色 niji-iro) Canvas?
Heh, I'm thinking of calling myself Canvas 2's greatest fan...because, I still remembered that fandisk. Here, have a looksey:

The fandisk is littered with those lol picture is dial up friendly

Realizing it I used the game title rofl. Same series right....I mean....

Your right, title of the anime is Rainbow colored sketch. Ah heck, it's still "colorful"

But, you get the idea right?
Old 2005-12-18, 20:14   Link #17
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
It's funny how the supporting cast always seem to be much nicer than the apparent female lead. In fact, I think in 95% of cases I'd always be inclined to chase a secondary character rather than the lead.
That's because you only ever see the bad side of the lead female character.

EDIT: I just realized how unclear this post was. What I meant to say was that you only ever see the bad sides of the lead female character and, possibly, the main rival. The secondary characters have their positive traits reinforced and the main character has her negative traits out in the open. This makes it exceptionally easy to "like" the secondary characters, you almost never see their bad points (which, as we all should know, all people have). It's a device to make the "love" of the main characters seem more real, as the protagonist accepts the primary lead for both their good and bad sides, while turning down what appear to be superior options. There is also a time constraint that usually comes into play. There simply isn't time to illustrate the good and bad sides of 4+ different people in less than 26 (full length) episodes (once you account for all the other things, like plot, that have to happen). Once you start getting a cast like Canvas 2 or DC or (god forbid) DCSS, there simply isn't enough room to show why some of the options would be turned down. We just have to sort of take it on faith that, in fact, there is a reason why the protagonist chose the primary lead.

Though, as a moral, I've always liked the fact that the protagonist usually chooses someone that I wouldn't. It shows that all people are different and that there's something love-able about all of them. And that includes me.

Last edited by rooboy; 2005-12-19 at 00:39.
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 20:26   Link #18
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

lol, true.
Old 2005-12-18, 20:29   Link #19
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Heh, I'm thinking of calling myself Canvas 2's greatest fan...because, I still remembered that fandisk....But, you get the idea right?
I get the idea. You may indeed be Canvas2's greatest fan, but your oh-so-Yamato-nadeshiko avatar shows you are definitely Mahoraba's -- and especially Kozue-chan's -- greatest fan.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 00:05   Link #20
justsomeguy

Well, I've found the caches of pages 1, 5, and 18 of the original thread.
page 1: http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...hp%3Ft%3D40540
page 5: http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...540%26page%3D5
page 18: http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...40%26page%3D18
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, f&c, kadokawa, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, zexcs