Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-01-20, 11:29   Link #2081
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Right-wing Christians believe that God put Trump into the White House as part of a mission. I wonder what they think after He/She unceremoniously dumped Trump after just one term.
They already got 3 supreme justices. What else do they want.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2021-01-20, 12:02   Link #2082
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
They already got 3 supreme justices. What else do they want?
Oh, me, me, let me answer that. The evangelical block salivates at the possibility of Israel rebuilding the temple of Salomon .. so they can destroy it again, signaling open season of Jew conversion into protestantism. The christian right will repeat the electoral fraud lies for years to come.
Old 2021-01-20, 12:32   Link #2083
MCAL

And there you have it.
Old 2021-01-20, 13:17   Link #2084
Key Board
Carbon

Oh right, rapture ready is still a thing, and we are probably due for our next rapture day forecast soon, huh

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2021-01-20, 14:30   Link #2085
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So, The 45th President of the United States of America has left office.

Post-Presidential summary? Did he Make America Great Again?

Probably not. Most of our allies disliked him. Much of the world became increasingly convinced that the Americans were going loony. Sure the nationalist were happen. As were the isolationist, since we didn't get involved in any new foreign wars while Trump was President. But everything else...eh. We have over 400,000 people dead due to a virus in just the last year. That's never good for one's record.

Legacy? I hope QAnon sits down and stops its own madness. The Senate will deturming Trump's fate in terms of being able to hold office again. Trump himself seem to hint at starting is own Party ("with blackjack and hookers"), but I don't see a Patriots Party doing anything more than split the Evangelicals and Far-Right Extremist from the Republican Party.