AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-10, 05:16   Link #521
GDB

Yeah, that's why he didn't kill her, as he told his partner who flat out asked him to make sure he didn't kill her. He did still risk it because he was an idiot, but is that really worth having a long debate about? Criminal is dumb, news at 11.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-10, 06:09   Link #522
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsaber View Post
No he was the butler/servant for her family.
Not sure we are talking about the same person. The one I mean is the long haired guy who threw the sword, not the one who used Rudy's plan. He did at least seem to have some beef with Eris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
It doesn't matter if it was a ransom or selling them, the people paying the money won't do it for a corpse.
You know that one of the reasons that the police doesn't want you to just pay ransom and not involve them is that there is no proof the ransomee is even still alive?

Making a live exchange would even be extremely dumb, given that they know about Ghislaine. So yeah, it does make a difference.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 01:40   Link #523
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Jesus, this was a brutal episode. I feel bad for laughing a little bit when Eris got her head repeatedly stomped on to the point of losing teeth. I wasn't it. Ghislaine's scene was also pretty sick.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 11:05   Link #524
HandofFate

enjoyed Eris taming
Old 2021-02-11, 12:26   Link #525
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Given all the Eris hate here, the only thing I can hope for is that said people never get a problematic
or hyperactive child...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-02-11, 23:34   Link #526
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
You know that one of the reasons that the police doesn't want you to just pay ransom and not involve them is that there is no proof the ransomee is even still alive?

Making a live exchange would even be extremely dumb, given that they know about Ghislaine. So yeah, it does make a difference.
Yes, I know that, that still doesn't change the fact that the parents are going to be desperate enough to ignore the officers and still pay the ransom in hopes of getting the person who was kidnapped back. Not everyone is going to be rational during emergencies and they will tend to make mistakes at the worst possible moment.

Yet they dumb enough to go to the same city where Ghislaine was most likely to be looking around for the kids, to kidnap them a second time, so yeah, they are extremely dumb. This means that yes, they were capable of making a live exchange, which they most likely would have done considering that they were clearly the going to be the ones doing the exchange while the servant (the mastermind) hid himself.
Old 2021-02-12, 03:31   Link #527
Tenzen12

Not really. If Rudy and Eris get home, those guys would be finished anyway.
Old 2021-02-12, 12:16   Link #528
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yet they dumb enough to go to the same city where Ghislaine was most likely to be looking around for the kids, to kidnap them a second time, so yeah, they are extremely dumb.
That's actually backwards. If they don't catch the kids one more time, Eris will definitely warn Philip, who is the mayor of Roa. Should that happen, the household would be on high alert and any other abduction attempt would be much more difficult.
It makes sense for them to try intercepting the kids on their way home before it is too late. It almost worked if it wasn't for Rudeus' firework. Speaking of Ghislaine being a threat, I'm pretty sure they are fully aware of that considering the manor employee but also they still were kind of discreet despite their crude behaviour. They didn't go gun blazing and they immediately tried to flee with Eris instead of catching/killing Rudeus at the same time. They definitely knew they couldn't stay long in Roa since it was risky the moment the first attempt failed.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2021-02-12 at 12:36.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-12, 18:32   Link #529
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, that's why he didn't kill her, as he told his partner who flat out asked him to make sure he didn't kill her. He did still risk it because he was an idiot, but is that really worth having a long debate about? Criminal is dumb, news at 11.
Very good point. Just because a group of thugs were ordered to abduct and deliver a kid alive doesn’t mean one of them won’t beat her to death in a flash of stupidity and rage.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-12, 19:06   Link #530
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's actually backwards. If they don't catch the kids one more time, Eris will definitely warn Philip, who is the mayor of Roa. Should that happen, the household would be on high alert and any other abduction attempt would be much more difficult.
It makes sense for them to try intercepting the kids on their way home before it is too late. It almost worked if it wasn't for Rudeus' firework. Speaking of Ghislaine being a threat, I'm pretty sure they are fully aware of that considering the manor employee but also they still were kind of discreet despite their crude behaviour. They didn't go gun blazing and they immediately tried to flee with Eris instead of catching/killing Rudeus at the same time. They definitely knew they couldn't stay long in Roa since it was risky the moment the first attempt failed.
That much is obvious, the point is that the kidnappers were dumb enough to head to where Ghislaine was looking for the kids, meaning that they increased the chances of getting caught by a hundredfold. A competent kidnapper would catch them before they reached the city, not in it, they should have known that the second they went there that their chances of getting away with it a second time were getting slimmer by the second, remember Ghislaine is an expert (kind of why she has the job), she would have found them with or without Rudy's fireworks.

Yet they kept fighting fighting Rudy running down the clock until they eventually would get caught instead of getting away because this kidnapping plot clearly wasn't worth it the second a kid was able to not only escape and evade them until they reached the city, but was also able to stop their second attempt at a kidnapping. Again, the second the returned to the city where they commited the crime it was only a matter if time until they got caught, a smarter criminal would know a lost cause when they saw it.

I seriously don't understand why some of you are adamant to make them come off as more competent then they are.
Old 2021-02-12, 19:26   Link #531
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
That much is obvious, the point is that the kidnappers were dumb enough to head to where Ghislaine was looking for the kids, meaning that they increased the chances of getting caught by a hundredfold. A competent kidnapper would catch them before they reached the city, not in it, they should have known that the second they went there that their chances of getting away with it a second time were getting slimmer by the second, remember Ghislaine is an expert (kind of why she has the job), she would have found them with or without Rudy's fireworks.

Yet they kept fighting fighting Rudy running down the clock until they eventually would get caught instead of getting away because this kidnapping plot clearly wasn't worth it the second a kid was able to not only escape and evade them until they reached the city, but was also able to stop their second attempt at a kidnapping. Again, the second the returned to the city where they commited the crime it was only a matter if time until they got caught, a smarter criminal would know a lost cause when they saw it.

I seriously don't understand why some of you are adamant to make them come off as more competent then they are.
Simply. YOu seem to forget that Ghislaine had no idea that at that point that either of them actually got abducted. The only reason she went there was because she saw Rudy's firework and wanted to check if everything was alright.
At that point, she was still under the impression the abduction was just Rudy's plan and had no idea the servant had taken advantage of it at all.

Old 2021-02-12, 20:36   Link #532
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The thugs didn't know where Ghislaine was and actually, Ghislaine had absolutely no idea where Rudeus and Eris were doing either. She herself said that all she knew was that the kids went out together and that's it. In other words, Ghislaine never knew their life was in danger but could make such assessment on the fly due to her experience (she is a king rank fighter after all). Both sides were pretty much in the dark, so I don't believe they deliberately went to where she was because there was no way for any party to know where the other one was.
Regarding intercepting the kids before they reach roa, I disagree. They were sneaking around at night and found a carriage. There is no way to know which one they went in and time was essence. As such, for the thugs, trying to check every single one on their path is suicide (moreso they don't even know if they didn't go by foot or by any other transport method). So instead of trying their luck, it makes sense for them to go ASAP to Roa and ambush them. Trying to find the kids before they reach Roa seem to be the more unlikely plan out there considering the circumstances.
Quote:
They couldn't get away. Their escape route was barred by Rudeus' wall. Additionally, they still don't know how strong Rudy was hence why it made sense for them to try win him with money instead of gauging his strength. As long Rudeus maintained his distance, they were at disadvantage and they acknowledged Rudeus was definitely more competent than a mere brat with simple spells. Even if they knew he was a magic tutor from that manor employee, no one could have known Rudeus was a advanced/saint class mage.
Not even a full minute passed after their failed attempt to convince him and the firework flash and Rudeus incapacitated one of them and recovered Eris. With his back to the wall, I don't see what the other thug could do aside of attacking Rudeus.
Quote:
Because they actually acted with some sound ad lib plan contrary to your usual thugs in JP fictions. Granted, they are definitely not super noteworthy, let alone geniuses, but I believe you are heavily downplaying the situation at hand.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2021-02-12 at 21:00.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-14, 11:32   Link #533
Frontier

Seems like politics with the Greyrat family are complicated. And everybody hates Paul. Is that why Hilda was so cold to Rudy? Did Paul try to sleep with her? Lord knows I hope Philip's never had to introduce his wife to Paul .

But yeah, we do meet Eris' family and Rudy's extended family. Her mother is a stoic beauty that's hopefully a future vision of an adult Eris (especially in the chest department) and her grandfather is a proud and rough patriarch who Eris seems to take after the most .

So, yeah, the animal maids are pretty much a fetish thing for these Greyrat's. But hey, twintail Eris !

It's sweet to see Rudy teaching Ghislaine too, especially for what she's seemingly had to go through because of her lack of education. Her getting so pumped up at doing correct math was super cute .

There's a health libido and then there's groping a girl's chest and trying to take off her panties while she's sleeping. Like, jeez Rudy. That was probably the most righteous beatdown Eris has ever given him .

Eris may be a slow-starter on magic and a normal education, but she seems to have really taken to the sword with Ghislaine's teaching. Maybe even moreso than Rudy since he's really self-conscious about close-quarters fighting. I wonder if Rudy will ever master the sword at this rate .

That's cute that Rudy's built clay figurines of his family, including Sylphie and Roxy. Does the Roxy figure have accurate panties though ?

Rudy is biologically way too young for an aphrodisiac, but of course he's tempted...and then Eris gets it for him as a gift and it all goes wrong from there .

So there was apparently another girl in Paul and Zenith's old adventuring party. Did Paul sleep with her too? Was Zenith just like the last girl he settled on ?

So the famous hero of this setting ended up with their own floating landmass as thanks for defeating the Big Bad? Not too shabby .
Old 2021-02-14, 11:57   Link #534
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, I'm not about to try to excuse Rudy for the hay loft incident. Only minor saving grace is that the one he's doing this to is more than able to defend herself. I'm certainly not saying that it's OK to grope her, but if that sort of thing is going to occur then at the least it should happen with girls who can properly punish such actions.

Once again I was impressed by the action. Even when it's just sparring, the animators really seem to have worked hard to make it real.
Old 2021-02-14, 12:15   Link #535
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Great. Just great. Now Rudy is basically a molester. Rubbing the chest of an underage (under 10yo?) girl and forcefully taking off her panties while asleep? And he did all that with the mind of a 40+yo pervert? That's just perfect. He deserves every hit that Eris gave him after she woke up. There is no defending Rudy's action this time. I seriously question the moral of those who would, at this point.

Other than that, I'm glad that Ghish is able to learn to read, write & count. She really needs it.

Also, I'm glad that the aphro got wasted. I can only imagine the horror that Rudy will execute using it to any female that he targets. It would've become a scene of "fat bastard rape"-hentai. Only in this case, the fat bastard is possessing a cute boy body *shivers*.
Old 2021-02-14, 12:24   Link #536
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, I honestly hope people don't try to defend him too much for those actions (were those in the LN? I don't remember this in the manga). I'm more interested in what he grows into. And that's the one point of defense I hold firm on: past and even present character does not mean he's irredeemable, and if he grows into a truly great man then I'll prefer to judge him on what he becomes rather than what he used to be.

On a different note, I think it says a lot about the culture of the world that a merchant thought nothing of selling an aphrodisiac to a seven-year-old boy, and it may say a bit to differences in growth patterns that he could explain the details of how it works as if he thought the boy would understand and appreciate it.

Anyway, I preferred the rest of the show. I thought it kind of funny Eris came close to burning the house down showing off what she learned.
Old 2021-02-14, 13:01   Link #537
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Yeah, I honestly hope people don't try to defend him too much for those actions (were those in the LN? I don't remember this in the manga).
Seems it was in the Japanese LN, but altered for the English release.
Old 2021-02-14, 13:21   Link #538
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I see. I still don't remember if from the manga, will have to look later. If it's not there, I'd say it was a very good scene to cut. Honestly I don't think I'd have missed it here.
Old 2021-02-14, 13:25   Link #539
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Great. Just great. Now Rudy is basically a molester. Rubbing the chest of an underage (under 10yo?) girl and forcefully taking off her panties while asleep? And he did all that with the mind of a 40+yo pervert? That's just perfect. He deserves every hit that Eris gave him after she woke up. There is no defending Rudy's action this time. I seriously question the moral of those who would, at this point.
He deserved worse. He's lucky Eris is as prideful as she is and feels like she needs him or he'd be screwed .

Hopefully Rudy learns how to properly treat women. I mean, if Roxy flambe's a prince who sexually assaults her, continuing to act like this is just courting disaster .
Quote:
Also, I'm glad that the aphro got wasted. I can only imagine the horror that Rudy will execute using it to any female that he targets. It would've become a scene of "fat bastard rape"-hentai. Only in this case, the fat bastard is possessing a cute boy body *shivers*.
What was he planning to do with it? Save it for Sylphie's grooming? Have it in-time for his fateful reunion with Roxy? Just in case things go really well with Eris? Is he planning to lose his virginity while he's there ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Anyway, I preferred the rest of the show. I thought it kind of funny Eris came close to burning the house down showing off what she learned.
With her temperament, I'm surprised the house is still standing .
Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Seems it was in the Japanese LN, but altered for the English release.
Seven Seas really making this book more tasteful...
Old 2021-02-14, 14:05   Link #540
Rasty

I don't remember that scene being in the WN (don't think it exactly belonged to this point) and yes, he deserved the beating he got for it. Though Eris did not receive any mental scars from that (Rudy might get some non-mental ones though) and she is the opposite of a weak sheltered princess that can't deal with such a situation, so let's not overblow it out of proportions. Many people also get hung up over Rudy being 40, but he spent over 20 years stagnating (or regressing) and the last 7? years being treated as a child and acting as a child, so his mental age is much, much lower than the sum might suggest (more like a pubertal brat and because of his height, etc. sees Eris as partly his age or older even though he also treats her as a child) he also never actually became an adult mentally.

As for the aphrodisiac, he is just mentally horny, but I doubt he ever planned to buy it. And who would he even give it to? Himself is too young for it, Ghislaine would crush him, Eris is too young and there isn't any other female we know of near him. It would just end right next to Roxy's pants as an "artifact".

I liked the figures, though I would like more of an explanation. From the WN the reason he does them is, that using extremely precise magic takes tons of mana, so he is emptying his mana pool this way. Otherwise, he would have to go out of the city and make the surrounding scenery into crater filled moon desert.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, isekai