AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-21, 09:14   Link #201
OMchan
オムちゃん

Just marathoned episodes 14-21. I only started following Avatar last summer, but I can't believe that it's finally over.

Spoiler for finale notes and remarks:

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 10:12   Link #202
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think a word should be said for the BGM in the finale as well. It was superb - quiet and understated for the most part, rising to an emotional crescendo when needed, but never too much. Most of it was also totally different from the pre-finale BGM, which added to the sense of "difference" and finality. Altogether a first-class effort.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 12:42   Link #203
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan View Post
Just marathoned episodes 14-21. I only started following Avatar last summer, but I can't believe that it's finally over.

-The lion turtle was kind of random...
I seem to recall that Aang specifically mentioned the Lion-Turtles way back during the first episodes, when Aang was on his world tour of exotic anaimals and locals.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 13:17   Link #204
Blue-Phoenix
Wanna be fiddle star

Send a message via AIM to Blue-Phoenix
Yes well the show ended and I have to say, it was awesome till the end. Then I felt like I drowning in cheese.....
Blue-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 13:55   Link #205
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
1. Her extreme agility and flighty personality
2. Sensitivity to chi required to block it...doesn't that involve chakras?
3. Her facial features seem sort of Tibetan...not entirely the more sculpted features of the Fire Nation characters, at least.
4. Her hair color, it seems more pure Fire Nation blooders (the Royal family) tend towards black hair.
5. Her eye color

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 21:09   Link #206
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
I loved every damn second of the finale, if anything more White Lotus action would of been awsome, but it was an extrodinary ending to an epic series. Avatar will be greatly missed. And I hope they do at some point in the future continue it.

And as for the sappy ending. It was GREAT, a WELL deserved happy endings for a set of characters that earned it. Especially for Zuko and Aang. Anything else would of personally made me mad.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 21:31   Link #207
JoieKawaiiDesu
Konata

Having an Avatar at the same place with different people would be... odd...
! agree that they should tie Zuko's mother into the story
JoieKawaiiDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 21:32   Link #208
JoieKawaiiDesu
Konata

The melon king is awesome...
Old 2008-07-21, 21:47   Link #209
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan View Post

Spoiler for finale notes and remarks:
Azula and Ursa have probably been the biggest disappointments and biggest question left in the series so I want to mention that the creators of Avatar, Mike and Brian will be will have a panel at this years San Diego Comic Con. Talking about Avatar and if they have anything else in the works. They'll surely be asked about the finale and the question of those characters will probably pop up. It's possible we might even get an answer like when they confirmed the fate of Jet a while back. I don't think people that wanted Zuko and Katara to happen thought Aang and Katara was predictable. ^^
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 21:56   Link #210
JoieKawaiiDesu
Konata

When are the creators of Avatar going to the Comic Con.?
and btw, i thought avatar had japanese creators... i guess i was wrong... right?
I totally guessed that Zuko and Katara were going to be an item after they go find the person who killed Katara's mom. Zuko like 'understood' how she was feeling and how to act.
Old 2008-07-21, 22:05   Link #211
Monkey D. Luffy

^They'll be there Friday, July 25th. There will be sites covering it, so you could just check to see what happened. Yeah, they're not japanese.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 22:31   Link #212
JoieKawaiiDesu
Konata

^Thank you!!
Old 2008-07-22, 06:52   Link #213
Animecentred

Wow, what can i say Avatar kicked serious A**. I loved Aangs rock machine gun technique it was totally uber, plus the Energy/Soul bending was a great soution to his no killing policy (personally i would have liked him to drag down the comet and destroy the fire nation, but we cant have anything.

Lol, plus i am glad to see that other people think that Aang can create new airbenders aswell. Or else he and Katara are gonna need to get real busy to repopulate an entire nation.

Also, yep. The lion Turtle is shown at the beginning as a statue aswell as in a picture at the spirit library (there were more than one in the picture) also in the ep Sokka's Master.

Overall this series rawked and deserves every award possible, i will definately be buying the full series on DVD. But what i really want is a soundtrack.

Lol, also arn't they doing a couple of made for TV movies aswell, hopefully they will explain and deal with zukos mum, the air nomads, Koh, Toph's Parents, Space sword and Most important of all Hawky
Old 2008-07-22, 07:18   Link #214
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Well, that was definitely worth waiting for. The Ember Island players episode was just as hilarious as I had hoped, Toph laughing at *everything* and even loving being cast as a huge buff guy, Sokka suggesting jokes and going nuts when they're being used. I laughed my ass off!

The finale started off a bit slow, with Aangs weird random disappearance but it was built up to the climax really well. Azula's descent into madness was well done, even funny at times (banish everyone!), I even felt sorry for her at the end. She's probably locked up and in straight jacket now. The return of the masters was great aswell, with Zuko's reunion with Iroh and the reconquering of Ba Sing Se. And to top it off, some epic fights going on with taking out the fleet, Zuko & Katara vs Azula and ofcourse Aang vs Ozai. The music built up the tension very well too.

Shame about some of the loose ends, and I expected the rest of the fire nation to resist this sudden change a bit more but it was still a good ending.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 07:23   Link #215
Animecentred

Lmao, yep it was great, everything i had hoped for. (because hope is all we have - starts to tear bend)

Lol, the ember island players was awesome, and when Azula tried to banish Lo & Li, that has got to be one of the funniest bits in avatar history
Old 2008-07-22, 07:41   Link #216
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

An awasome series and the bending / fighting in the last 2 episodes was epic. The music was really well synced too, specially the part were Azula and suko were fighting.

The one thing that didnt feel right was the ending with Ang x Katara kissing ... it just felt kinda rushed specially after what happened on The Ember Island.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 10:46   Link #217
JoieKawaiiDesu
Konata

I didn't like the ending either. They liked hugged, and then the kissed. It sort of was too good to be true, but I guess after Aang 'defeated' the Ozai and restored peace to the world, Katara was no longer confused inside. At Ember Island, didn't she say she was confused?
Old 2008-07-22, 10:50   Link #218
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

um is the book Fire finsihed and plss can anyone give give me a summary on the last 2 ep plsss im soo dying to know!!!!!!!!!!
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 11:06   Link #219
JoieKawaiiDesu
Konata

I think the book Fire is finished.
Spoiler for Last 2 episodes:
Old 2008-07-22, 12:02   Link #220
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoieKawaiiDesu View Post
I think the book Fire is finished.
Spoiler for Last 2 episodes:
Spoiler:

I thought the ending was great. Not that I care about them, but the fates of Azula and Ozai were rather sad. To quote someone whose name I don't recall, "How the mighty have fallen". I think that, possibly, a movie could be made that serves as an epilouge to tie up the loose ends. And it can be called Book Four: Air.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote