AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-01-20, 06:19   Link #5001
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Just so that everyone knows, I'm still alive and kicking, though most of my time is now sucked into doing lots other stuff than writing ... Not that I'm not progressing, it's just particularly slow at the moment. :P

I can see that the thread is still smoking Khrack whenever it can, there's a bunch of new things to read up on (oh my God, Aaron, that's a really huge block of text!), so I'll be catching up in time.

In the mean time, I'm also trying to tie this next transition chapter (which should be short, about 2 to 3k words) without creating more confusion than what my main chapters are already doing (), but it's pretty difficult to insert metaphors and allusions and be direct at the same time. When you start questioning the higher powers and trying to make sense of how the universe goes, strange results happen. Anyway, it'll most likely end up being more confusing than ever, so don't bank on my literal skills. :P
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 10:11   Link #5002
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Coming from you and having been in FFC too much, your reply takes a lot of wrong connotations.
......wait....what part of it has wrong connotations? the whole thing? or the fact I had sent it from my ITouch last night?
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 10:39   Link #5003
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

You were coming.
Old 2009-01-20, 13:02   Link #5004
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
You were coming.
GET YOU HEAD OUT OF THE GUTTER YOU SICK FREAKS!!!! DX

Jebus Dx Can't I say something like that WITHOUT it being takien out of context? Ex

Sent from my ITouch
Old 2009-01-20, 13:35   Link #5005
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Context? What's that? Is it tasty? :3
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 14:26   Link #5006
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Name: Ureha Masami
Birthday: November 24 MC 0048
Mage Rank: A
Magic System: Neo-Belkan

*snip*
Now how abut that. Another Kamen Rider from the same series right after I post mine. I think someone was in a rush to claim the IXA System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
It's the Attack of the Kamen Riders!
Rider Kicks for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Another female Kamen Rider?
You can never have enough female Kamen Riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
And I shall post my very own Kamen Rider OC here.
Spoiler for for space:

[/spoiler]

Oh, god, the Kamen Rider crack....

*runs from Hongo Takeshi*
Ah, I remember her. Does this mean you'll finally write more?

Quote:
She had not slept for long, before the desperate cries that clawed at her sarcophagus pierced her mind.

She had not slept for longer, because the Mariage brought a substitute to the blade that once kept her alive.

She would sleep no longer, for this time, she would use this blade to protect the ones she loved.

She stepped forward, firmly, eyes ablaze with a fire her precious one had shown her. She slapped the belt around her waist and pulled out her own Knuckle; the gift from the Mariage. She punched that knuckle into her other palm as she walked past the Silver Ace lying weakly on the ground.

[IK-KU-SA.]

"Ix...?" Subaru breathed, not believing her eyes.

Ix kept on striding, and slammed the knuckle to her belt.

[RA-II-SU AP-PU.]

Out of the flames that engulfed the little girl, stepped a Knight Rider that had come of age...

[Author's Note: It's Kamen Rider Khrack too.]
*watches Kha get beaten by a swarm of Kivats*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Just so that everyone knows, I'm still alive and kicking, though most of my time is now sucked into doing lots other stuff than writing ... Not that I'm not progressing, it's just particularly slow at the moment. :P

I can see that the thread is still smoking Khrack whenever it can, there's a bunch of new things to read up on (oh my God, Aaron, that's a really huge block of text!), so I'll be catching up in time.
Glad you have you back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
In the mean time, I'm also trying to tie this next transition chapter (which should be short, about 2 to 3k words) without creating more confusion than what my main chapters are already doing (), but it's pretty difficult to insert metaphors and allusions and be direct at the same time. When you start questioning the higher powers and trying to make sense of how the universe goes, strange results happen. Anyway, it'll most likely end up being more confusing than ever, so don't bank on my literal skills. :P
Hey, we managed to survive all of Kha's khrack so far. I'm sure we can handle it

Quote:
Sent from my ITouch
You touch? You touch your what? ()

*FFLLEEEESSSSSSS*
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 05:49   Link #5007
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
GET YOU HEAD OUT OF THE GUTTER YOU SICK FREAKS!!!! DX

Jebus Dx Can't I say something like that WITHOUT it being takien out of context? Ex

Sent from my ITouch
Like we said, if it were FFT, we'd be all over it. But no, we just been hinthintnudgenudge.

Besides, Sakuya-san started it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Now how abut that. Another Kamen Rider from the same series right after I post mine. I think someone was in a rush to claim the IXA System
I was given dibs by YOU remember? Only problem is that the OC meant to have it ended up getting scrapped during downsizing, and so the IXA system went back to floating around in limbo.

Blame the credit crunch for my mass OC layoffs.
Old 2009-01-21, 07:46   Link #5008
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Spoiler:
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 12:31   Link #5009
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Snippet.

Spoiler for Rendezvous:

Chinese New Year cookies if anyone can identify the mashed up poem. XD

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 20:31   Link #5010
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Well...I was bored. So enjoy :3

Spoiler for length:
Old 2009-01-21, 21:04   Link #5011
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
God damn board ate my post! That fucking thing took me like two hours to write and format!

And of course it did it when it was all done and I'd hit post (and thus had stupidly closed and deleted all the text for the post from word). Well I did acutally have comments and such written for most of the new characters and such, but fuck that I don't have nearly time to rewrite it all right now so this will be a much shorter one. If I can motivate myself maybe I'll go back and rewrite my longer comments on fics later; although I did read most of them and nothing stuck out at me as a glaring issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
You and your artillery, man. Ain't you got anything better to do than sit back and lob 'splosives at whatever?
Well I sometimes dabble in air strikes, but they just sort of lack the visceral feeling you get from the deafening blast and earth shaking rumble of big guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
After 3 months of designing (and slacking >_>) my new OC is complete!

I present to you,

Spoiler for Megumi Kurenai:
Well I did have a bunch of nice remarks about this, but there all gone now so I’ll fall back on: Long profile is long, nice work, and “great ANOTHER rider.” Which about summed it up anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Well, the way I've got the plot setup in my mind... The most likely thing that's going to break here between Crash, and Subaru... is actually, NOT Subaru.

Subaru may be a Combat Cyborg, but she's not a THING in the same sense as Rein. So things get ambiguous.
Ambiguous as to whether to attempt to molest or tinker with her, or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
Hey, guys, its late but Happy New Year

Anyway, I'm done with chapter 3 and all that's left is finishing the sketches . Anyway, here's part 1 of chapter 3 of Madou Kishi Ikazuchi Asclei.

Spoiler for Chapter 3: Friend or Foe:
Wait three? Well I didn’t know there was a one or two so I withhold comment until I can be assed to dig those up.

Quote:
Anyway, here's the sketches of the Aldian King and 9th Lance, Versa Crew.

Spoiler for Aldian King:
Just a Bit Ambiguous. Though I'd question the need for SSS rank SS with good skills seems more then enough; though if he's meant as a team boss fight I suppose it might make some sense. Still though seriously SSS is like Reinforce I level if not more to me which is pretty buff.

Quote:
Spoiler for Versa Crew:
Any particular reason his threat is rated as higher then his rank? Mage rank IIRC factors in combat skills and such so it should be a fairly accurate threat assesment of a magic user. To my thinking in order to have a threat higher then a mage rank you'd need to have some odd skill that normal parameters magic power, combat skills, etc doesn't factor in. You might be working under a different set of assumptions about the ranking system though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
Yeah, it would seem so...Its kinda sad now that I think about it

Anyway, I'll at least attempt to revive the dead thread.

This is Ginga Nakajima in my fanfic. She will make an appearance later in the story.

Spoiler for 20 years old Ginga and Blitz Fang Calibur:

More details will be revealed in the upcoming chapters. And yes, Ginga develops romantic feelings for Asclei later on.
Most of that I have little issue with though I’d seriously question the entire hover thing. It seems a nonsensical upgrade to me for a device that can already fly indefinitely unaided with Wing Road. One could simply use that a few inches off the ground and get the same effect. Also frankly the friction on the wheels being limiter on speed is actually pretty unlikely if you ask me. I’d think control, aerodynamics, and a LACK of friction would be the biggest issue.

Wheels can allow something to roll along at Mach 1 if well designed so them being the limiter on speed seems improbable. Actually what often happens as you go faster is that the wheels start slipping or you end up going so fast you lift off. So actually to go faster one would want wheels that were stickier and something to apply more down force to push you more firmly against the ground. It’s also of note that contact with the ground would greatly aid in controlling yourself since friction with the ground provides FAR more force to change direction and maneuver then any movement of the body through air could.

Trying to steer and control yourself while going fast with hover skates strikes me as like trying dance on a Teflon floor with greased up socks. It would also seem to be really easy to shove the person using them around which strikes me as a huge disadvantage in close combat. I mean a simple dolly with some wheels can fairly easily let someone shove around even thousands of pounds of weight, now imagine if that weight was actually just floating in the air with no ground contact at all. It would seem to me that someone with magically enhanced strength could probably toss the hundred something pound Ginga around like a rag doll with nary a shove when she was using the skates.

Actions can often have unintended consequences and sometimes things that seem logical and simple (less friction more speed!) don't hold up when carefully examined. Think things through carefully and critically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I'm back. :3

Happy New Year to everyone!

Suffice to say, I had a very fun Christmas Vacation. It always happens, but I can never stop marveling at how wonderful it feels to be at your hometown. There wasn't a single moment I was bored despite the lack of the internet and other common city commodities. I realized that I was only usually bored in the city due to the feeling of the lack of freedom there. At the province, I could do usually do anything I want, whenever I want at my leisure. I also had lots of open space and clean air too.
Can't say I really feel the same I didn't even bother to go home for the Holidays this year since I found it so utterly boring last year. So I just stayed home alone this year and don't really regret it.

Quote:
And the best part, the computer that we were using in a different place was brought back to our house! And of course, that means I was able to write a lot for my OC works!!! The combined progress count already exceeds 10,000 words on a couple or so of my fics. >=3
Good news indeed.

Quote:
I remember that around last year I posted the first chapter of GenerationS during a similar time, which was around the start of the year as well. I also remember that I gave the fic as a belated birthday gift to both LoweGear and Keroko. Well, it looks like I have the birthday gifts again...
Which merely serves to highlight your miserable lack of progress before now, we expect more of you this year Swirly, do not fail us again.

I did read the fic, but after losing it all I can't be bothered to rewrite it at the moment. I'll try to get around to it later, or not, but either way it looked like a good start. I still want you update your other stuff though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
After pestering Liingo with my awful english skills again, my first work of this year is complete.
Somehow I've totally missed this and I can really comment on it without reading the rest. Which I shall perhaps attempt starting Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Spoiler for Nanoha SlayerS Act 1 Chapter:
Bout time.

Now that we have fic we can actually talk again this "review" is rather perfunctory. Still it was not bad at all for a first effort and opener, but then my fondness for Arisa might be slightly coloring my feelings on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Best as I can make out WWI never happened, so the advances and aces of WWI never happened and showed up, which is why up till 1935 people are still believing the idea that airplanes are just toys and not meant for warfare.
Still really doesn't explain it. Even if just for passanger service planes would get bigger and at some point someones gonna be like. "You know instead of carrying a bunch of people what if we put a bunch of bombs in here..."

Quote:
Actually, having seen gameplay vids, it's more like a lance-shaped Panzerfaust fired from the hip. That's the simplest explanation - and also explains the crap accuracy.
Hmm a few years early for shaped charges, but not impossible, and yeah it would explain the carp accuracy. Most Fausts had an effective range of like 50 meters.

Quote:
You and your artillery.
Nothing ruins someone’s plans and day faster then suddenly having hundred pound shells landing amongst their men...

Spoiler for Good Artillery is like the Spanish Inquisition… No one expects it.:

Alas much to my dismay the Whirlwind has been removed from DoWII. How am I to properly purge the foul xenos without a storm of high explosive rockets from on high to announce my arrival and their impending doom?

On the plus side Marines are now ridiculously hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Spoiler:
Acutally I think it was Darkwing Duck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I have work waiting today, a friend waiting tonight, and open days at schools waiting tommorow.

Yeah, I'm stuck untill Saturday afternoon at least.
I actually don't have allot to do, besides waste time with video games. I forgot to cancel WoW and so ended up with another six months of it, but after giving into my care bear instincts and humanist leanings and just rolling on a PvE server as an Alliance Dwarf Hunter and Human Paladin I found it more tolerable.

Quote:
Except that those don't feel like their equivelants. One of the things that never stopped bugging me about WoW is how much its explosions just.... suck.
They feel allot like their equivalents to me albeit with a steampunk’ish flare. I mean god they’ve got a helicopter with machine guns on it! So it’s powered by magical steam engines, it’s still a damn helicopter!

Quote:
Probably. It doesn't help that I have a wide myrad of ideas swirling through my head. I've been thinking of putting Kerokanon to paper, but since it'd be essentially rewriting what we've seen with my OC's, I'm hesitant whether people are interested enough. Then there's Eden, whom I've been trying to think up a worthy plot for the last week or so, and Syn...
Well it's not like this has stopped anyone else there must already be like ten different versions of Keroko around so what's one more?

Quote:
... A pat on the head was what I was thinking off...
True intent has never kept minds from ending up in the gutter.

Quote:
I have yet to touch Splinter Cell as well.
Bah! My love of it was forever assured by this scene:

Which also somewhat indirectly inspired my own post modern ninja although that idea is hardly new. Then again I am sort of a UBI Clancy verse fanboy so I enjoy seeing where the universe is going and finding the little easter eggs. Like a mention of "Intelligence gathered by Third Echelon" in Ghost Recon.

Quote:
As far as I've seen, they don't even bother justifying it at all.
Likely because they can't.

Quote:
My tank has mortars, which -while close range due to balance issues- wreak absolute havoc on tightly packed positions.
My tank had 60 rocket tubes... Then Relic went and nerfed it by taking it's main gun offline. Which is retarded because the armored doctrine was already pretty weak and that made it useless as it didn't even get an early tank anymore.

Quote:
I can call artillery strikes for 3 CP once a turn, but -again for balance reasons- it's damage is rather low. It's great for bombing a well fortified position while you're advancing with your troops though. Two shots should cripple many a base, and kill anything that's not an elite in the 17/20 range.
Yeah that's not an issue in CoH, my fav RTS, arty is basiclly a rape machine if you don't get out the way it will kill pretty much anything. Althoughoff map arty isn't quite as good since it gives a smoke based warning. On map guns though your first warning is when shells start landing amongst your guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oseng View Post
Well after thinking it over and rereading the comments about the Internal Affairs Department, I decided to sit down and rewrite the concept.

I did some research on the NCIS, Army CID, military police, gendarmes, etc and this is what I came up with. It has been significantly changed to be more like the real life NCIS, a mostly civilian law enforcement agency charged with investigating crimes involving the military.

Anyway here is version 2.0 of my agency concept.

Spoiler:
Not bad, not bad at all besides we could use more characters ripped off from live action TV instead of other animes. I may have some use for this in the not too distant future, well see.

Quote:
As I mentioned before though, happy stories are getting kind of scarce here.
Well mine isn't happy so much as not crushingly angst and depressing, but then I haven’t updated in a while. Maybe I can get around to it this weekend.

Quote:
N-no, th-this um, it's nothing! I-it's not like I'm coming back or s-something! You hear me?!

*runs off*
You can't escape your destiny, just give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Ahh... damn. School's blasting me with several assignments for almost every subject just from the first proper week. I became busier than I would have preferred to, AGAIN.

Well, whatever, I guess I just have to trudge on at a snail's pace if needed.
I acutally don't have much to do since most of the classes I have left are in the fall, so I don't have a full term this semester.

Quote:
For now, a small Backlog Breaker.
Small?

Quote:

Well I'll be! That's one impressive upgrade!
Like what Lowe said, the drill part does remind me of the Percival.XD
However, what I like the most from her new device is the doing away of the rollers in favor of hovering. Virtually no ground traction = higher mobility, and higher mobility = almost always better!

What happens to Wing Road, though...? >_>
Yeah I've already noted some issues with that theory.

Quote:
I'd say it's possible to an extent. However, I believe that if such is to be achieved, considerable effort should be made to pry deeper into the mind of the person you're communicating with. Otherwise, I'm with the group that believes telepathic conversations are mostly like talking to each other through radio communication. The most emotions you would feel from the person are the way he/she speaks and his/her tone.
I'd also wager it would be pretty much impossible if the other person didn't want it. Mental attacks and magic appear undeveloped in Nanoha for whatever reason quite possibly the fact it's just REALLY hard to mess with something as massively complex as a brain.

Quote:

It's good to be back.

Well... You're the first kid here...?

Oh wait, there's Satty...

XD XD XD

Tough luck!

*fleez!!!*
OCT: Courrpting the Worlds Youth since 2007.

Quote:
I'm rather quick when I'm in the mood.
Now if only the mood comes more often...
I'm just too lazy to get into the mood very often.

Quote:
So David has a different kind of H4XX now, huh? Well, I guess this much is a more or less great idea for a rebuild. Though I AM curious about the 'other' Savants in the Bureau.

And just for the sake of being honest, I'm not too much of a fan of imagination into reality powers... >_> I'll just have to wait and see how things go out and about.
It can be really hard to make them useful and then have him not pwn everyone in seconds. The most used approach to this is to make the user a retard, but I'm hardly a fan of that.
Quote:

And Rinya! I hope she's alright. ><
She did great in slaying the beast, but getting buried in it's fresh carcass and innards is not my idea of a satisfying kill...
I suddenly recall a char of mine in another universe whose habit of using high explosives to kill rotting undead and stinking monsters was none to popular with his teammates now matter how well it worked...

Quote:
About time! Welcome back, USB!
Quite I never thought I'd say this, but this thread could use more whacky it's gotten too gloomy in here.

Quote:

We'll look forward to them, like always.
With a mixture of glee and fear, but we'll still look foward to them.

Quote:
How about this to suppress the crack...?:P

While playing MBA with the Lyrical pack, which adds StrikerS Nanoha, Vita, and of course Hayate (), I was messing around in vs mode by fighting against three of the same characters with different color schemes for practice. I was using Nanoha StS by that time... Well, this pic was too good (for crack reasons) to pass by so I took a screenshot. >__>

Spoiler for Sisters having a fight?:
Suppress the crack?! Unaccpeptable!
*TK drops a crack nuke on the thread*

Quote:
Nyx was revealed this early?!?! @___@

Well, it's not like I can complain. Her getting an official profile makes things better.

Though like I said in IRC, having Rein1 as the 'weaker' version of this character is... >________>
Yeah that's umm... just yeah.

Quote:
(And as for me, what I want now is an Xbox 360, just to be able to play Tales of Vesperia...D:
Damn, that game looks so good. T_T)

(Though we do have a secondhand Wii given to us by our relatives from the US..XD)
Yessss... Plus we've got Ace Combat and Halo!

Ummm... Pretty, pretty missile spam.

Quote:
Typical Tk.
What exactly is that supposed to mean?

Quote:
Aaaannd FINALLY, Kiva enters OCT.

It's good to see most of the stuff we discussed were here. Though does Megumi really need to be 33-years old? Shari's just 17 by StrikerS...^^;; And if so, can we say another yanmama...?

*DARKNESS MOON BREAK'D!!!*

Oh, and this part I didn't like...

WHY DID YOU KILL OTOYA OFF?!?!?!?!?!

This is a tragedy! Now OCT won't be able to experience to awesome Pimp!ness that is Otoya. T___T
Yeah what ever shall we do without ANOTHER random Rider in here.

Quote:
I'm reminded once again why Tk likes Hayate the best among the Aces...
Peace Through Superior Firepower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I think gaki is also a kind of ghost, the hungry kind...

Oh oh oh oh Yuyuko!

Spoiler for page claim for the hungry ghost:
Page claims always make me laugh since they're entirely dependent on other peoples setting. They always happen in the middle of my pages for instance. (Since I always set posts per page to the maximum).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Indeed, gaki means "hungry ghost" but can be used as "brat."

I therefore conclude that one or more of us are hungry, ghosts, and/or brats. :3
Or possibly all three.

Quote:
Wonder why FFT seems immune to the taint of Gensokyo...
Tis strange indeed since it seems to be a most virulent infection; although a few of it's posters do seem to have fallen to it somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
They are infected with the taint that called perv and fluf. Besides who doesn't want to join the realm of Gensokyo?
Well me for one, I like being at the top of the food chain thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
It's the Attack of the Kamen Riders!
Quickly we must counter spam! We need a theme ASAP!

Last edited by Tk3997; 2009-01-22 at 02:34.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 23:33   Link #5012
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Ambiguous as to whether to attempt to molest or tinker with her, or both?
Well, asside from PTSD keeping crash well away from Subaru until the training battle, subaru was born (sort of) and raised and just happens to have some spare parts built into her. I think of Rein more like living software.

Though in the upcoming training battle (if I can get myself rolling, probably won't be until I've completed this music project for Stellar Frontier and have some down time.) it's going to be a very interesting 'rematch' between Crash, and a Combat Cyborg. Later on I might toss in some Crash effects.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 00:41   Link #5013
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Chapter 3

Spoiler for Opening Theme: Eternal Darkness:

Spoiler for Chapter 3: Something has come:

Spoiler for Ending theme: Once Upon a December:

Spoiler for The Bag:

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2009-01-24 at 12:44. Reason: Typos O.o
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 03:06   Link #5014
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
God damn board ate my post! That fucking thing took me like two hours to write and format!
Sums up the difficulty of making Backlog Breakers here in OCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997

Which also somewhat indirectly inspired my own post modern ninja although that idea is hardly new. Then again I am sort of a UBI Clancy verse fanboy so I enjoy seeing where the universe is going and finding the little easter eggs. Like a mention of "Intelligence gathered by Third Echelon" in Ghost Recon.
Which installment was this? Shame Double Agent (the only Splinter Cell game I've played <3) didn't have such a moment. Sam Fisher's always been a modern day ninja

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 03:41   Link #5015
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

^ Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory if I remember correctly. Wonderful installment in the series.

*runs away*

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 04:01   Link #5016
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Theme of the Day: The Clone Wars. Discuss.

Like hell that's gonna work---

Spoiler for Magical Lyrical Wars Episode 1:
...and it results in my birthday gift to Nana Mizuki, which is all about Kha and Fate and Sky-guy and then someone in a mask.

And if things aren't confusing enough, this is an OVA inspired by the completely unkhracked (and totally boring) Kha, and uses mostly original characters, an Original Generation if you will. In other words, it is a parallel work to something I was supposed to be doing, the actual Magical Lyrical Wars timeline with every OC and CC in it (and then some).

The good thing about it is that it leaves canon intact since interactions with the main cast is kept to the minimum, explains Fate's sudden marriage at the end of StrikerS (as with the unkhracked Kha's post), and avoids most of the problems that would plague the original timeline.

The bad thing is that... well it might invoke a few unwanted rages in another direction.

Like hell I care about rages. Should write something short.

Tanjoubi Omedeto, Nana-chan!

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2009-01-22 at 04:14.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 06:31   Link #5017
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yay! Lunch break! Of course, 30 minutes means no time for full-blown backlog breakers. Oh well.

Quote:
I've developped a habbit of opening notepad and copying a post if I quoted more then four or five posts. That's how tasty the forums think my posts are.

Quote:
Just a Bit Ambiguous. Though I'd question the need for SSS rank SS with good skills seems more then enough; though if he's meant as a team boss fight I suppose it might make some sense. Still though seriously SSS is like Reinforce I level if not more to me which is pretty buff.
You know... I just remembered that we don't even know what an SS mage is capable of. The only time we have actually seen Hayate do anything was when she was S-rank.

Quote:
Still really doesn't explain it. Even if just for passanger service planes would get bigger and at some point someones gonna be like. "You know instead of carrying a bunch of people what if we put a bunch of bombs in here..."
Well, I unlocked a weaponry entry last night that entry which said, and I quote: "adapted from an anti-air platform"

So flight has been subject of war there, but for story reasons they just shoved it to the background. The Empire loves its tanks, and its sort of the core of their attack force. They have tanks ranging from light, WWII reminicent types to impossibly hude jumbo-jet sized monstrosities that one-shot anything in sight.

A game for tank lovers, I guess. *shrug*

Quote:
Hmm a few years early for shaped charges, but not impossible, and yeah it would explain the carp accuracy. Most Fausts had an effective range of like 50 meters.
Gotta double-check the range, but I think my lances exceed that. Anyway, the game was never meant to be historically accurate considering its a completely different world (I mean, take a look at the map, it only vaguely resembles Europe, and the names are all over the place)

Quote:
Alas much to my dismay the Whirlwind has been removed from DoWII. How am I to properly purge the foul xenos without a storm of high explosive rockets from on high to announce my arrival and their impending doom?

On the plus side Marines are now ridiculously hard.
Yay. Buffs to Space Marines usually mean Tau end up with the short end. Lovely. -_-

That aside, no artilery? In a squad-based game like that I'd expect support powers or something... no such thing?

Quote:
I actually don't have allot to do, besides waste time with video games. I forgot to cancel WoW and so ended up with another six months of it, but after giving into my care bear instincts and humanist leanings and just rolling on a PvE server as an Alliance Dwarf Hunter and Human Paladin I found it more tolerable.
I've been tenpted to fire up my WAR account for a month or two again myself. WoW is already beginning to become a drag again.

Quote:
They feel allot like their equivalents to me albeit with a steampunk’ish flare. I mean god they’ve got a helicopter with machine guns on it! So it’s powered by magical steam engines, it’s still a damn helicopter!
Mweh, difference in opinion I guess. When the horde starts shooting rockets at me I don't exactly feel like I'm being shot at with rockets. Firecrackers, yes. Rockets, no.

Quote:
Well it's not like this has stopped anyone else there must already be like ten different versions of Keroko around so what's one more?
Up to this day only two Keroko's managed to make it to paper, the Nanoha one and the Strike Witches one. Regardless, I think I'm going to try giving Eden some love. And possibly a slight re-design here and there. She still looks too much like Nove for me to be comfortable with.

Quote:
True intent has never kept minds from ending up in the gutter.
Clearly.

Quote:

Heh. Maybe I'll hunt down a version myself. Any tips on which to start with?

Quote:
Likely because they can't.
Probably not.

Quote:
I'd also wager it would be pretty much impossible if the other person didn't want it. Mental attacks and magic appear undeveloped in Nanoha for whatever reason quite possibly the fact it's just REALLY hard to mess with something as massively complex as a brain.
And here I was toying with the idea of messing around with the Yuriko Omega concept...

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-01-22 at 13:48.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 09:59   Link #5018
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Keroko didn't see my post. <_< / >_>

And nope, full blown mind control exists in the SSX, and that is considered the hardest part of psychic attacks. Telepathic speech is already happening. The only thing missing is telekinesis of some sort... Now considering how Belka magical reinforcement of the human mind opens many opportunities, I say it's not undeveloped, it's just underused.

As with most things around here nowadays ever since we've started saying No We Can't to everything and the kitchen sink. Time for Yes We Can folks.

EDIT: Arkeus pointed out that Yuuno moves books with his mind. Aaron noted that Nanoha used something akin to telekinesis on Teana during that fight. So the vote is out, all branches of psychic manipulation is there. USE IT.

Oh and Keroko, Yuri-chan exists in fanon.
Old 2009-01-22, 10:36   Link #5019
Tormenk

Just to clarify that point, was it the scene of Mariage forcing someone to commit suicide in front of Subaru?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 11:01   Link #5020
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That one. It's rather strange to just see it in translation, but I think that's the gist of it.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content