AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-16, 08:10   Link #741
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Anyone knows what Evil!Shiro did to the gun salesman guy (the one who got beaten up by Homura in Episode 1) that made him not remember Shiro (according to Anna at least) getting the gun from him? Because if he really doesn't remember, it might imply that Evil!Shiro has the ability to manipulate memories. Or cast illusions (Neko anyone?).
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 08:24   Link #742
kuromitsu

Actually, it would help if we knew when the murder incident happened. (They didn't mention this yet, did they?) Because if it hadn't happened very recently there's a possibility that there was a third (fourth, etc.) person from whom evil!Shiro got the gun, so the poor guy never knew Shiro in the first place.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 08:33   Link #743
justpassingby

In case anyone is interested with the full version of the ED theme, Tsumetai Heya, Hitori, the song is available from Komatsu Mikako's radio program at NicoNico [link] skip to 19:00
Old 2012-10-16, 08:35   Link #744
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Actually, it would help if we knew when the murder incident happened. (They didn't mention this yet, did they?) Because if it hadn't happened very recently there's a possibility that there was a third (fourth, etc.) person from whom evil!Shiro got the gun, so the poor guy never knew Shiro in the first place.
Pretty sure it's recent. Homura's member, Totsuka Tatara, was shot. Homura won't be hunting for the murderer, say, only one month after Tatara's shooting.
Old 2012-10-17, 07:47   Link #745
Tworble

About the "murder".
Spoiler for anime and random chart spoilers:
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 08:43   Link #746
Insane
Banned

I’m still confused about this show my face looks like a mixture of amusement and confusion at the end . I also dislike the blue/green hue that looks like it's just layered on top of every scene… they're rich in color but I miss my reds and yellows.

Somehow the way the story is told really reminds me of Durarara! which I don’t mind. First start things comedic and introduce the charas then drive the PLOT in.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 16:11   Link #747
Loaded Soda
"...goddamnit, Eureka."

I really like this show so far. The art is great, the characters seem cool (not to mention the chillest MC ever) and from what we know so far the plot is kinda interesting.
Loaded Soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 16:53   Link #748
Bern-san

Does somebody read the manga? Chapters 3 and 4 are up.
It makes me like more and more Homura gang and I want to know things about Tatara (Yuki Kaiji). He's so weird and funny but also mysterious.
Old 2012-10-17, 18:08   Link #749
kuromitsu

Is the manga worth it? :/ It looks so... bland and boring, especially compared to the anime. (Side-rant: what is it with hiring artists whose art style looks bland and uninspired to do manga adaptations of anime? There all those fantastic artists out there, pro and amateur, with stylish and cool art styles, why don't they ever choose them?)

Me, I'm more excited about the novelization that deals with the Sexy Corps...
Old 2012-10-17, 20:51   Link #750
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

If you guys find these interesting, some anon was able to find out the fonts used for the stylized names on Episode 1;'s introduction.

Turns out that the Wikia site for K doesn't accept the information on fonts as legitimate trivia.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 22:12   Link #751
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

There's a manga out?

Anyway, I found the KITCHEN IS MY SPACE! song that plays during the preview. I never knew that it was Kuro's VA singing it...

Anyway, looks like we get to see one of the glasses guys in the faux military costume in action...this week.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 23:05   Link #752
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just saw the first episode and the animation is beautiful
Old 2012-10-18, 01:04   Link #753
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Is the manga worth it? :/ It looks so... bland and boring, especially compared to the anime. (Side-rant: what is it with hiring artists whose art style looks bland and uninspired to do manga adaptations of anime? There all those fantastic artists out there, pro and amateur, with stylish and cool art styles, why don't they ever choose them?)

Me, I'm more excited about the novelization that deals with the Sexy Corps...
5 chapters of manga so far, piece of life stuff for the Homra gang.
BTW, in manga, even the gang was lamenting over their loss of Tatara, but no one ever clearly state he is dead. So I wonder should seriously take this as a sign that Tatara might not be dead.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 03:34   Link #754
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
BTW, in manga, even the gang was lamenting over their loss of Tatara, but no one ever clearly state he is dead. So I wonder should seriously take this as a sign that Tatara might not be dead.
Tatara didn't die in Chapter 5. Eric attacked him but he was protected. Memory of Red details events before Tatara got shot by Shiro. I suspect Eric's master is Yashiro...
Old 2012-10-18, 04:33   Link #755
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Tatara didn't die in Chapter 5. Eric attacked him but he was protected. Memory of Red details events before Tatara got shot by Shiro. I suspect Eric's master is Yashiro...
I believe you didn't read up to the end of ch.5 right?
Who Eric works for is already revealed. And the entire ch.4+5 is a giant flash back.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 05:03   Link #756
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Ah, I only had the raws so I couldn't understand it very well. So where was it where Homura mourned Tatara? I thought he's been there in all the chapters.
Old 2012-10-18, 06:09   Link #757
Bern-san

shmaster is Eric's boss somebody relevant (or known) character?
I saw the raw for chapter 5 since the last comments made me curious and you can see that the gang were watching Tatara's filming of the whole Eric business at the end of the chapter

Do you think that Tatara had some sort of special power? Izumo said that he wasn't the fighting type but with him things were easier and he always sympathized with every character who had trouble.

After knowing what a strain is in chapter 3, do you think that Kuro is one or that he got his powers from his master?

P.S They're selling Kuro's apron

Last edited by Bern-san; 2012-10-18 at 06:20.
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 06:27   Link #758
kuromitsu

^aaaww, that apron is cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Hm, if the manga contains info not in the anime I'll check it out then when I have some time. I still wish they had hired a better artist, though.
Old 2012-10-18, 06:29   Link #759
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
P.S They're selling Kuro's apron
i couldn't believe my eyes..... they're selling the epic MANpron!!
i wonder what abilities could it improve? becoming the 2nd coming of Chuck Norris? *runs*
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 06:37   Link #760
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

OMG Now that. Is. Amazing. *_*

Oh yeah, I'm probably guessing here but could it be that Eric was really a dog, like how Neko is a cat? Then maybe we're getting closer to who Neko really is, if she isn't the only animal-human in the cast...

EDIT: Re-read Chapter 5. I don't understand the kanji used to represent Eric's master - though I inferred it's probably the Rakshasha or something? The ending was really sad - flash-forward one and a half years when Tatara is already gone. ): Is Chapter 5 the final chapter? They never mentioned that Tatara was dead, though they did say that he was "no longer here" and that he was "gone", which was sad enough for me. I still believe that Tatara will be back though. I remember seeing his face in the PV (then again, it could be a flashback...).

Last edited by Kirroha; 2012-10-18 at 07:57.

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural