Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-04-10, 02:07   Link #1
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The longest unrequited love (SPOILERS)

I'm playing an eroge called Aki no Urarano and one of the girls is a childhood friend type who's had an unrequited crush on the male lead for ten years. Yikes.

So what other similarily long unrequited crushes/loves have there been to your knowledge? Humans only please, no immortals or aliens (like the Tenchi crew).
Old 2007-04-10, 07:26   Link #2
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

The first coming to mind is:

Spoiler for Honey & Clover:
Old 2007-04-10, 09:03   Link #3
4Tran

If we can't count someone like Ifurita, then Shitow Haruka from RahXephon is the first person that comes to mind. Also, would the Count in Gankutsuou count?
Old 2007-04-11, 06:16   Link #4
Red Herring
SPARTANS

Any anime where the leads never kiss even though they've been through 1000 life and death situations together and neither one trusts any one more than the other. Of course I'm talking about Kenshin and Kaoru...wtf mate? TAP DAT!!!
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 09:10   Link #5
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I would say FMP Sagara and Kana both have feelings towards each other but will never confess due to circumstances and personalities
Old 2007-04-13, 09:36   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Millenium Actress - Chiyoko pursues her lost love throughout much of the 20th century

Abenobashi Magical Shopping Arcade - Mune's love for Eutus (aka Abe no Seimai) transcends centuries and dimensions

Bartender ep. 3 ("Glass of Regret") depicts the story of an advertising executive who left his, none-too-successful, acting career and lover behind when he had to take over the family business. A story of lost love that extends across decades.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 09:43   Link #7
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

I have one

Chrono and Rosette in Chrono Crusade.
Spoiler:
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 09:47   Link #8
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Naru & Keitaro - 15+years.

Romeo & Juliet - about the couple months they knew each other ^_^.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 22:12   Link #9
Forever_young
Zero

Renji and Rukia from Bleach. Since they're Shinigami and acording to Bleach Shinagami can live long, Renji is in love with Rukia for over 40 years. And he's training hard to beat Byakuya to get Rukia back
Forever_young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 01:07   Link #10
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah true it took Renji more than 100 years to admit his feelings to himself and 40 years to actually kinda confess
Old 2007-04-14, 17:48   Link #11
Forever_young
Zero

I know! It's obious he's in love with Rukia! Lol, it's like "Just say it already!"
Old 2007-04-15, 01:27   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_young View Post
I know! It's obious he's in love with Rukia! Lol, it's like "Just say it already!"
Yeah instead of talking in riddles and metaphor he should just say it I mean that he wont have any regrets instead of looking at her , stammering and going " L-u-kia .. "
Old 2007-04-15, 16:37   Link #13
Red Herring
SPARTANS

Ichi and Rukia will probably never fall into eachother arms and be all romantic cause its shounen and we all know what shounen is like. However Im sure we all realize that years after the story ends Ichigo and Rukia will be making little Rukigos and Ichikias w00t.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 18:02   Link #14
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
However Im sure we all realize that years after the story ends Ichigo and Rukia will be making little Rukigos and Ichikias w00t.
You just turned Bleach from shonen to horror with lil Rukigos and Ichikas . Meh Kidd Meh Kidd but indeed a scary thought : D
Old 2007-04-15, 18:33   Link #15
Forever_young
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Ichi and Rukia will probably never fall into eachother arms and be all romantic cause its shounen and we all know what shounen is like. However Im sure we all realize that years after the story ends Ichigo and Rukia will be making little Rukigos and Ichikias w00t.
Haha, with Bleach I can only imagine a ending where no one ends up with no one except for Ichigo and Rukia having a really special bond between them. Although their kid sounds cute

But I still say Renji and Rukia has the Longest Unrequited Love (I mean, gosh! Well over 40 years)

And maybe Rukia and Kaien as well. I think she did have a crush on the dude. But now Kaien's dead and she has his heart
Old 2007-04-15, 18:50   Link #16
Melodymix
Ying Yang

Have to agree with Renji x Rukia. He sorta admitted to Ichigo that he loves her in episode 32, but like how Getaboshi said, he talked in metaphor. So it wasn't a exact "I love Rukia" but it's still pretty clear he loves her.

Ichi x Ruki kids sounds cute. Lol

By the way I also say Shinichi (Jimmy) and Ran (Rachel) from Case Closed (Detictive Conan) as well as Heiji and Kazuha. I know in some few episodes and movie Jimmy and Rachel admits their feelings but they never say it right in front of each other because Jimmy became Conan
Melodymix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 16:25   Link #17
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Staying on Bleach Soi Fong it’s like 100 years too till their fight she never admits her feelings to Yoru. The entire fight was in a way to say why you abandoned me
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Melodymix View Post
Have to agree with Renji x Rukia. He sorta admitted to Ichigo that he loves her in episode 32, but like how Getaboshi said, he talked in metaphor. So it wasn't a exact "I love Rukia" but it's still pretty clear he loves her.
If that confession was to subtle in ep 55 ( 7.20 ) he said it to her but once agin indirectly but he babbled on and on about Ichi .Rukia clutched to his chest after he said that acknowledging his feelings in a way but he Renji doesn’t give the appropriate response . Also the special Ed Chapter 1 is a clear indication Renji loves her. But the question is does Rukia too ?
Old 2007-04-18, 03:01   Link #18
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
how about Yoshino Sakura from Da Capo? Her shitsuren last way too long till she's had an unwanted grandchild (in DCII)?

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 06:06   Link #19
kenshinobu

Send a message via Yahoo to kenshinobu
idol abarai and rukia chan haha!

yep, iron lady was in love with aizen the designer for a long long time until nomiya came along.

momo and aizen (the real one) ? orihime and ichigo?
kenshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 15:45   Link #20
DanielSong39

Inuyasha and Kikyo had a very lengthy unrequited romance... and let's just say that it did not have a happy ending.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote