AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-17, 07:32   Link #341
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Too short... That was too short !

I was expecting a scene with Taichi being an overprotective onii-chan and roping in Aoki to spy on her boyfriend... Or something like that

Buy still, this exchange was gold

Quote:
"By the way, how old is your boyfriend?"

"He's three years older than me- A 3rd year in middle school."

"WHAT?! Immediately break up with that lolicon bastard!"

"...I think a siscon like you have no right to say people..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 09:34   Link #342
s07195
However,

How do you think they will split volume 3 into 3 episodes?
Old 2012-08-17, 10:48   Link #343
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
How do you think they will split volume 3 into 3 episodes?
They can probably cram the first four chapters into 1 episode. There really isn't much going on except showing the mechanics and bringing out Mihashi Chinatsu as well as Aoki's memory of Nishino Nanako.

Then they'll prolly cover the events of New Year's Eve to Aoki's resolution.

Third episode will be Aoki x Yui moment for the first half and Iori's family + choice at the end. Ending with a cliffhanger where she questions her feeling in her monologue.

Might seemed a bit rushed but anymore would be too laxed as Vol.3 imo is really short in terms of events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
lol @ Inaba's expression (and Taichi's too).

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-08-17 at 18:59.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 22:09   Link #344
rainbowdashmio

A confusing thought just pop in my head yesterday, and it was about the break up between Himeko and Taichi, you mention that Himeko broke up with Taichi because he was -obsessive- with the selfless situation of helping others and improper using of a -power- that wasn't his. But in this other thread I read a while back before your answering, I've read that he mention that their relationship ( Himeko and Taichi ) was -platonic-. Which I thought it let them lead to a split up. And when he talk to her again about allowing her to be his girlfriend again, he stated that their relationship of being -platonic- wasn't meant as being " close friends " but that their relationship didn't consist of always kissing and such. Which I believed this occur in church? But I don't know if this was a different event between them, or I don't even know.......... Do you mind sorting me this out for me ?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-08-18 at 03:32.
rainbowdashmio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 22:48   Link #345
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowdashmio View Post
A confusing thought just pop in my head yesterday, and it was about the break up between Himeko and Taichi, you mention that Himeko broke up with Taichi because he was -obsessive- with the selfless situation of helping others and improper using of a -power- that wasn't his. But in this other thread I read a while back before your answering, I've read that he mention that their relationship ( Himeko and Taichi ) was -platonic-. Which I thought it let them lead to a split up. And when he talk to her again about allowing her to be his girlfriend again, he stated that their relationship of being -platonic- wasn't meant as being " close friends " but that their relationship didn't consist of always kissing and such. Which I believed this occur in church? But I don't know if this was a different event between them, or I don't even know.......... Do you mind sorting me this out for me ?
A bit of correction, the reasons of breaking up that you mentioned are only part of the biggest reason that Inaba was upset. All of those problematic attitudes add up to one thing: Taichi has forgotten his true self, of what are truly important. He no longer knows the purpose of him being selfless. No purpose and no reason, just an empty shell. And the last straw that seals the break up deal is that he can no longer answer Inaba why he, as Yaegashi Taichi, loves her. Actually that's kinda incorrect since she asked the question right after she told him to break up. But it's clear that Inaba was certain of what Taichi has become and that there's nothing she could do to convince him.

Anyway.

The "platonic" comment by Taichi was made after the events of Vol.7 Yume Random / the church confession. I skipped out a lot of details about that scene. It states that Taichi sees their relationship not only as physical attraction but also as spiritual bond. The "Platonic love" used here isn't what you thinking, the lack of physical bonding, but more as a description of a true spiritual relationship, that they will be together despite many differences they might have.

TL;DR version. Taichi and Inaba sees their relationship as each other's true other half - Soulmates.

Maybe this might help you understand better.
Before the confession, Iori and co. describe the T x H relationship as youthful love love baka couple.
In Vol.8 Short Story, after the events of Vol.7, Iori and co. describe their T x H relationship as like one of long married couple, with some small doses of baka couple moments now and then (Not quite enough Dere-ban moments, much to Iori and OUR chagrin). Actually what heck, just look at them on the cover of Volume 8:

Now the only thing left for Taichi to do is to propose to her call her Himeko.

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-09-20 at 17:33.
Old 2012-08-17, 23:19   Link #346
rainbowdashmio

Yeah, I know the -platonic love- definition isn't the accurate one from the original meaning in Taichi's case. And I knew what he meant, I just thought Himeko got upset and left the guy, lolz. And Taichi explained it to her what he really meant, as for the meaning of -platonic love- has evolve through out the years. It also can mean loving someone with no sexual desires but due to Himeko's -sexual frustration- I don't even know if it fits her xD. However, I like their platonic relationship :P Seems more pure and real than others -shipping- I've seen.

And also, I've been curious about Taichi's honorifics for -Inaba-, since everyone already calls him ''Taich'', they won't be much change of what Himeko calls him, but for Taichi's case, I see his taking his time and not going to fast as I thought that after two people start dating they already call their self by their first name. One example is from Clannad ( don't know if you've watch it or played the VN ), when Nagisa and Tomoya started dating Nagisa started calling him by his first name, but I believe is because someone told her too P: .

Didn't knew Taichi was waiting for marriage to say " HIMEKO I LOVE CHUUU " >.>

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-08-18 at 03:32.
Old 2012-08-17, 23:27   Link #347
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

There's a reason why everyone addresses her by her family name. Inaba dislikes the concept of being protected and powerless - like a princess, "Hime". So she only ever allows her family to address her by name. And her friends respect her wish.

Meaning that, if she ever lets anyone call her Himeko, that means she's essentially willing to leave her entire self, life, heart, body and soul onto the hands of that person. So yes, I'm waiting for the day which Taichi would finally addresses her Himeko.

Whatever just hurry up and get married already
Old 2012-08-17, 23:33   Link #348
rainbowdashmio

Wow, just wow. This woman is so complicated and serious even with her name. No wonder a lot of the audience love her ( including me ) . Serious mother she'll be : Stiff, narrow, and upright.
On the first ep when she first showed up it was view that she had a brother xD Though, in many animes they barely show the parents of the cast or family background -_- But nothing more. In the light novels do we learn more about her parents ?? D:
Old 2012-08-17, 23:40   Link #349
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Not sure about the mother part as she's said to be a bad cook... but that can be fixed

And no, I haven't seen any mention of Inaba's family besides when talking about her name and the brief interaction at the epilogue of Vol.2. Seems they are pretty lax regarding Inaba. But then again she manages herself too well for her family to be of any concern She's supposedly have a very impressive transcript and very organized (just look at the layout of HER ROOM). She's also a techy (She's implied to have bought and managed all her own computing equipments.) Doubt her parents worry about her much. She's also the only one of the two who isn't at lost the slightest about what she wants to do for her career in Vol.7 (The other being Iori).
Old 2012-08-17, 23:49   Link #350
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

There's no way their relationship won't be strong after going through so much shit. If they can survive Heartseed and No.2, they can probably survive anything.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 23:59   Link #351
rainbowdashmio

Ha,ha,ha. I think Inaba's career will probably be working in a office or some sort along the way. And for Iori...I don't even know. Maybe a marriage counselor? xD And the reason about Inaba's family I was prying over was due to her -cold- personality at the start of the story. I always thought it was because of lack love and attention in her family/life, which would of make sense to me if that would've been her -past- case. But Inaba is presenting that she was raised very well and has sound judgment from the start and through out the story. God, she's perfect x3 She kinda reminds me of Hermoine from Harry Potter XDD

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-08-18 at 03:31.
Old 2012-08-18, 00:07   Link #352
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

This is just my opinion, but I think she does indeed possess the almost perfect quality of a person. The only thing that hindered her at the beginning of the series is that she couldn't accept herself (and hence not accepting anyone else.) As soon as Iori fixes her by the end of Vol.2, her character developed so rapidly that she almost seemed like a stu* (NOT saying she is, don't get any wrong ideas).

That being said, kinda wanna throw it out there that Iori became pretty impressive too since the events of Vol.4.

* Stu = invincible character with all the perfections and plot armors

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowdashmio View Post
And the reason about Inaba's family I was prying over was due to her -cold- personality at the start of the story.
I've never really seen her as "cold" personality. She interacts with people perfectly fine. It's not like she's ignoring people. I'd say it's more like a "tough" and "no-bullshit" personality as the only time she ever acts abusive is when Taichi and co. are being stupid.

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-08-18 at 00:28.
Old 2012-08-18, 12:32   Link #353
exs120
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Spoiler for End of Episode 7:
exs120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 13:09   Link #354
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exs120 View Post
Spoiler for End of Episode 7:
No. That scene seems to be an anime-original take to amplify the heavy mood. The novel focused a little more on Taichi's guilt about his outburst. I'd say that's the second time they added a bit of focus on Inaba in the anime. Reasonable I guess, as I don't think the anime can cover Inaba's monologues in the novel so they resort to visual clues to hint her state of mind.

On a side note... me having watching too many other types of "drama" doesn't help @ @;;
I'd have also worried about her doing just that any minute if I didn't know better @ @;;
Them Japanese and their love of train drama

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-08-18 at 23:24.
Old 2012-08-19, 02:00   Link #355
jandkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
No. That scene seems to be an anime-original take to amplify the heavy mood. The novel focused a little more on Taichi's guilt about his outburst. I'd say that's the second time they added a bit of focus on Inaba in the anime. Reasonable I guess, as I don't think the anime can cover Inaba's monologues in the novel so they resort to visual clues to hint her state of mind.

On a side note... me having watching too many other types of "drama" doesn't help @ @;;
I'd have also worried about her doing just that any minute if I didn't know better @ @;;
Them Japanese and their love of train drama
Little of on a side note, but is Lantern's signature canon? Also does it really mean that they did it?
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 02:17   Link #356
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkas View Post
Little of on a side note, but is Lantern's signature canon? Also does it really mean that they did it?
Huh? Did what? I don't know what you're talking about.

Images
manga promotion art

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-08-19 at 03:19.
Old 2012-08-19, 02:42   Link #357
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkas View Post
It's fanart.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 03:00   Link #358
jandkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It's fanart.
Oh, thank you. I was really confused there for a second with that art.
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 03:53   Link #359
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Huh? Did what? I don't know what you're talking about.

Images
manga promotion art
Aoki not to be outdone by anyone else :P
Old 2012-08-20, 18:44   Link #360
rainbowdashmio

I don't know if Inaba knows how damn special, gifted, cool, is to have Miyuki Sawashiro as her seiyuu.

Tags
romance, shounen